3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #46

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Faux~Way to go girl!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #47
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I promise to only weigh in once a week, but I'm doing the biggest loser challenge as well so i have to weigh in for that.

For me that's big because like others I'm addicted to that scale and I have a tendency to weigh in twice a day.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #48
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Alright guys. I'm so ready for this. I'm a little intimidated by the scale thing, but I'll try my best not to cheat. I got an exercise bike for christmas... and a great dose of poision ivy on Christmas Eve (so no sweating allowed) so currently I've only been gazing longingly at it. The steroids I've been taking for the poison ivy have almost cleared me up, so looks like I might be able to use it tomorrow.

I did the knee pushups and got 13, so I'll start those tomorrow too. I'm terribly excited about the new year and new opportunities to start fresh. I've got to update my weight tickers, put on a few pounds in the last little bit, but it should be back down soon (not that I'll know it though *wink* )

Old 01-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #49

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh jeez, just did the push-up challenge, and only could do 15 knee push-ups. I used to be able to do 10 regular ones--oh well, just gonna get back on it and build up my strength again! My running and "weight-training" isn't a good substitute for doing the push up, I see!

I can do 50 sit-ups pretty well, but can't really do 100 without tiny breaks, so I am going to continue to do that as well, for six weeks, to work up to one hundred non-stop.

Just getting ready to go for a run/walk outside with the dogs!

If you can't go in the front door, go in the side door. And if that doesn't work, go in the back door. Change your approach as many times as necessary to get where you want to be--author unknown

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.--Thomas Edison
Old 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #50

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

I did the test and I am doing regular push ups and was able to get out 3. Sad, but we all need a starting point. I am doing Level 1. I didn't post my weight or goal weight for the year anywhere so where should I post that?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #51
could be so pretty

S/C/G: 325/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Alright, I'm fully into the scale challenge! How scary is that, though? I have a wedding to go to, and not to be able to check the scale and tell everyone I've lost "thus and such" pounds will be very hard. But I will do it! I love the concept of this challenge - that we should focus on how our bodies are telling us we're losing weight, not an arbitrary number!

I just performed the initial test for our mini challenge today: 13 consecutive wall (well, door, in my case - only part of my apartment that doesn't have something pushed up against it) pushups and i'm -done-. That makes me level 2, and i'm beginning this Friday! This challenge will be fantastic for me - my upper body strength is pretty much non-existent. Thank you melissa and Eny for getting us into shape!

Last edited by Kalilung; 01-01-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #52
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Default Level 2

Got down on the floor did the initial knee kind and got an 8...i was impressed with myself and completed day 1. Still shaking..can hardly type, can't breath and noticed my rugs desperatley need to be vacuumed. I also started an old fashion pen and ink journal just in case of computer problems. I'll check in later.

" I can't lose 100 lbs... but, maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times." - Beverlyjoy
Old 01-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #53
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Krista: haha! i started one of them there old fashioned journals too.
congrats on the pushups!

My left armfelt a little wonky during my push ups.. it better not give out on me! i want to complete this challenge!!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #54

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I want to give a round of applause to everyone starting on level 3. You guys are impressive!

I got a small calendar out that my daughter made me for Christmas and I wrote my exercise schedule into it. I will also add in my daily and weekly calories as I go along. I feel pressure now that I have to stick with it because it is a very special calendar my little girl made herself, and I want it to be full of all my accomplishments by the end of the year, not partway full of my failures. Kind of a little sentimental motivation to get it all done and keep going to each new month of her little fingerprints.

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-01-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #55
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default 100 Push Up Challenge Start

4 knee push ups.... sheesh.... upper body strength, especially anything requiring shoulder strength I have sucked at. I am double jointed and they always want to pop outta place. Sounds horrible, but I have babied them too long. Gonna push myself gently on this one. So its Week One, Column 1 for me. Lovely...
Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #56

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
4 knee push ups.... sheesh.... upper body strength, especially anything requiring shoulder strength I have sucked at. I am double jointed and they always want to pop outta place. Sounds horrible, but I have babied them too long. Gonna push myself gently on this one. So its Week One, Column 1 for me. Lovely...
Hey, that's okay! I barely made level 2 myself....and just think where we will be in the end of this? We can do it!

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150
Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #57
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
my shoulders are always the weakest for me as well
Old 01-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #58

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I think all of us are doing AWESOME! Just do the pushup challenge at YOUR pace at YOUR level! The cool thing is, at the end you can do 100 push ups!!! It honestly DOES WORK!

I know the site says to do them 3x's a week, but for my it's a definate everyother day thing. If I let a weekend slip in there then I don't continue... another way of tailoring a program to fit YOUR NEEDS!

Oh - I've discovered another big downfall of pregnancy... an aversion to ANY FOOD WITH WINGS.. and A deep uncontrollable need to eat BEEF! A month ago I ate beef maybe 2ce a MONTH... NOW IT'S ALL I WANT!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #59
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Oh - I've discovered another big downfall of pregnancy... an aversion to ANY FOOD WITH WINGS.. and A deep uncontrollable need to eat BEEF! A month ago I ate beef maybe 2ce a MONTH... NOW IT'S ALL I WANT!!!
mine was always mashed potatoes
Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #60
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

This is so great!! Everyone seems to be starting so strong Lets keep it up beyond this weekend (that's more for my sake then anyone else's!)

I just got done working out for 1 1/2 hours. I did my 1st. day of the push ups at level 3. By the last set my max was only 10 & my arms were TIRED! But I want nothing more than to be able to do 100 push ups!! I've never been very strong in that catagory. I could always do squats & leg presses better than any arm exercises. This year I want to be strong all over!

I need to get to the store and buy myself a journal. I want to start tracking my work outs so I can see what I've been doing a lot of & what I need to concentrate on. That way I don't get bored with the same ol' thing. I do a lot of walking workouts because my knees are shot. That would be due to all the years of working with kids & squatting all the time. Now every little bend of that knee is a snap crackle pop. So I really try to go easy on them. I'm turning 30 - I need them for many years to come! But losing weight will help them tons!

Eny - Enjoy a good steak with a nice side salad... that sounds so yummy and I'm not even pregnant, just fat.