Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default G2009 - New Year, New Me Challenge

Alright everyone. This challenge is SHORT! It runs from today, 12/24 to New Years Day. This is the week that we set our goals! It is up to YOU to set realistic goals for yourself for the year!

Look at more then just weight loss... what are you going to do to get there? What other aspects of life are you going to work on?

Here's some Ideas for you:
Weight
Inches
Pants/Dress Size
finances/budget
organization (home vs work/school)
nutrition
time with family/friends
water intake
exercise / fitness level
pampering/relaxation

Also - I Want everyone to have a Before Picture. You can either post it for all to see, or send it to me. (I'll keep it secret) I want us to ALL have a reference point. If I could get everyone's Starting point that'd be good too.

Oh for those that want to be part of the challenge - please make sure to go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...60#post2509960 to sign up.

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-24-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #2  

Alright - I'll start

My goals for 2009:

1. Hit my goal of #130 (Intuitive eating plan, and 90% of eating from the top 2 tiers of Michi's Ladder)
2. Drink at least 80 oz of water a day (29,200 oz total. Carry Water bottle all the time.)
3. Exercise an average of 45 mins a day (16,425 mins total; starting with Wii Fit and Slim in 6 Program)
4. Start a savings account and put at least $100 a month into it (Directly Deposited from my check every 2 weeks)
5. Set a budget and stick to it! (Look at bills, household things and see where we can cut, and start saying NO to DH & DD's wants and whims)
6. Have at least 30 mins a day during week, and hour a day on weekend for "ME" Time. For my crafts, reading, relaxing.. etc.
7. Have a Friend's night and a date night at least once a month. (Saturday after pay day - set up sitters in advance, include in Budget.

Those are my goals (and How I intend to hit them)! Here is my Before Picture. It was actually taken on October 4, 2008 - on my wedding day. I've gained about #5 since then - but it's a good depiction of me

My Starting Point:
Weight:#194.4
Size: 14 top, 16 bottoms
Breast: 41.5"
Chest: 37"
Waist: 33.75"
Hip: 48"
Upper Arm: 13.5"(L), 12.75" (R)
Thigh: 28.5" (L & R)

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-27-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #3  
mexiangel25

S/C/G: 275/228/175

Height: 5'5''

So I have been reading posts for months now and this will be the first ever post for me and I couldn't have chosen a better one.

My Goals for 09'
  1. To hit 175lbs
  2. To stop eating processed foods
  3. To make exercise a habit rather than torture
  4. To feel good about my body at any size
  5. To get a 4.0 GPA
  6. To be more accountable to myself as well as the other organizations I am a part of
  7. To just say yes to anything that I even have a small hint at enjoying

Here is my attempt at posting a picture here. Not sure if it will come up , but I took this picture in late November. Since then I have lost 8lbs.

Oh wait, apparently I either don't know how to post a pic or am not able to
Old 12-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiangel25 View Post
So I have been reading posts for months now and this will be the first ever post for me and I couldn't have chosen a better one.

My Goals for 09'
  1. To hit 175lbs
  2. To stop eating processed foods
  3. To make exercise a habit rather than torture
  4. To feel good about my body at any size
  5. To get a 4.0 GPA
  6. To be more accountable to myself as well as the other organizations I am a part of
  7. To just say yes to anything that I even have a small hint at enjoying

Here is my attempt at posting a picture here. Not sure if it will come up , but I took this picture in late November. Since then I have lost 8lbs.

Oh wait, apparently I either don't know how to post a pic or am not able to

Probably not able to yet. But don't worry, you'll be able to soon! You just have to chat more.

I know this is weird, but can you go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...60#post2509960 and sign up officially for me. I keep track of everyone's weights, goals challenge status etc., and it gets REALLY difficult if all the sign ups aren't in the same place.

I'm glad you've joined us! There are a few girls that travel in a pack with me that you'll LOVE!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I will set my goals tonight. What if I don't have a pixel? I have not way to post a picture?? How do I accomplish this?? Pat
Old 12-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm here Eny! I'll post my goals tonight, my picture and measurements on the 28th.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

I will set my goals soon and have my hubby take a before picture of me. Thanks again Eny!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking My year - 2009

Weight - SW: 250 My goal is to lose 80 pounds and be at least 170 pounds. I want to stop setting unrealistic goals. I want to STOP making excuses and start focusing on the real issues that keep me fat and resolve those issues!

Inches - I would like to have bust - 38 or lower, waist - 40 or lower, hips - 42 or lower, thigh - 20 or lower

Pants/Dress Size - Currently in a 24, and I would love to be in at least a 16 by the end of the year.

finances/budget - Make a monthly budget and stick to it. If there is something I want, save up for it AND really think about if I need it or if it will just be something else I buy and then never use. Also, only eat out once a week. I have to cut down on eating out.

organization (home vs work/school) - Go back to doing my fly lady stuff for house cleaning. I want to plan for school/housework accordingly so things stay done, and I don't want to procrastinate and get behind.

nutrition - I'm going to start out with 1500 calories per day and adjust as I lose weight. I'm not going to make anything off limits BUT I want to learn self control. I want to learn WHEN I should stop eating, and not continue to eat just because the food is there or just because the food is really good.

time with family/friends - Date night with husband every week and one week a month a BIG date night out. Family fun night once a week (play games, cook dinner together, etc.), Family get togethers (all holidays, birthdays, and at least once a month). Write/call/visit friends and relatives more often!

water intake - Start with at least 20 oz a day and increase each month. By next year I would like to be at 80 oz a day.

exercise / fitness level - 120 min of cardio and 90 min strength a week to start out and increase gradually either in intensity and/or in length of time. Mix up exercises so that all muscles get worked and to keep from getting bored.

pampering/relaxation - Draw from reward box for every 5 pounds lost. Manicure/pedicure once a month (either at home or professionally), Facial weekly (home), relaxation/yoga/stress relief exercises at least 3 times a week....do things that make me feel PRETTY! LOL!

I'm also commiting myself to ENY for these challenges and mini challenges and to helping and recieving help to and from all the WONDERFUL ladies here at 3FC!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2346 (Medium).jpg (18.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 12-24-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

I will try to sit down tonight and write down my goals and post them. Also need to get my pictures off my old computer and get them on this new computer.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #10  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I'm officially starting back into health on the 26th. So i will have a details post and pics for you on that day im psyched!
I hit a SLIGHT relapse.. but i'm pumped and ready to get on the wagon with NO turning back!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I will update this later. I have to put DS to bed.

Ok, I don't have a picture right now, but will get one up in a day or so. Here are my goals:

Weight - I want to be 170 currently 209.2
Pants/Dress Size - 12/14 currently 16
finances/budget - To make sure I don't spend more then I make
nutrition - eat healthy with plenty of fruits and veggies
time with family/friends - spend more time with friends I don't get to see often
water intake - at least 6 classes aday
exercise / fitness level - at least 30 mins 5 days a week
pampering/relaxation - get a massage at least once
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3633.JPG (24.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3634.JPG (26.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by scarahjs; 12-28-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

[B][B]Weight - I'd like to get down in the 140's to 130's by the end of the year
Inches - I'd like to get my waist down to a 28 -26 in.
Pants/Dress Size - I just want to be in the single digits any number would work
finances - I'd like to get all are past debt payed off so we can buy our house next year
nutrition- To stay with in my set calories and make my calories more healthy less junk.
time with family/friends - Start going to poker with my best friend and just get out of the house more often.
water intake - make sure I drink enough I have a hard time with water as I hate the taste
exercise / fitness level - Do at least an 1 1/2 every day

My Starting Point:
Weight:#174
Size: 13 pants L-XL tops
Breast: 40
Chest: 33
Waist: 32
Hip: 43
Upper Arm: 13
Thigh: 24

Last edited by fld20; 12-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone~Done a lot of thinking about this one. I am not good at New Years Resolutions. But this is different in many ways. So Here goes............

Weight~I want to reach my goal of 150 pounds and maintain it. By eating 1,500 calories a day. Planning and alloting for special occassion when it is okay to splurge. I also want to try some fasting once in a while.

Inches~I want a 35 inch waist or less. That would be a 5 inch loss.
Bust~38
Waist~38
Belly~45
Hips~47 1/2
Thighs~26
Arms~L-14 5/8 R-14 1/2

Pants/Dress Size~I want to wear a size 12!!!! I want a new wardrobe of stylish clothes

finances/budget~My first and fore most thing is to get my house taxes paid. I already stand in better stead than I did this time last year. I need to keep to the budget I already have in place. I just need to iron out a few bumps the divorce has placed in my path.

organization (home vs work/school)~I have a 2009 planner organizer. I need to write down all appointments, due dates (ie tax paymts, library books, drivers license, license plates) I also need a to do list EVERY day. A few well placed post it memos wouldn't hurt either. I am a bad one for loosing phone numbers

nutrition~Need to plan sneaky ways to get in veggies. Really think about ways to add veggies to my meals. Mels sandwich idea is a real winner.

time with family/friends~This one is already working great.

water intake~64 ounces of pure water. I need to buy a Brita water filter.

exercise / fitness level~get at least 30 min aerobic 3-4 times a week plus aqua arthritis classes 3 times a week. I may venture a few machines at the YMCA.

pampering/relaxation~Wash my face twice a day. Give myself a facial once a week. I will style my hair....work hard to get it back into good healthy shape. keeping it trimmed, hair treatments, maybe even try highlights. I have really let my hair and skin go due to extreme stressing over this divorce. It is over and behind me. Time to move on. I want to try a sugar scrub. Sounds sinfully wonderful. I have bought mineral powder make up. Found a wonderful face cream and cleanser. I am ready to be pretty again. Yoga, visualization, prayer, and breathing exercising. It works Mel.Thanks~~Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 12-31-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #14  

Ruth~I got my favorite facial cleanser added 2 pinches of sugar. Mixed it in the palm of my hand. Then washed my face. After rinsing I cracked an egg added a little dollop of honey. mixed it together. Got a cotton ball and applied it to my face. It is doing something good as it is drying. It feels wonderful I can feel it. I hope you try this. I think you might like it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when finished!!!. Again, thank you for sharing this recipe/idea. Pat
Old 12-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #15  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm excited for this~!

1. I want to reach my goal weight (120 - 110)
2. I want to wear single digits!!!
3. Eat less
4. Wear a bikini in the summer~! (I've never worn one)
5. 1 day a month to go party with my friends
6. Get a job
7. Maintain my 4.0 gpa at college
8. Get accepted in the college I want this fall. (I'm in community college right now b/c i'm poor lol)

My starting point:
Weight: 197.2
Waist - 36 3/4″
Hips - 43 3/4″
Under bust - 39″
Bust - 44 1/2″
Upper Thigh - 26 1/2″
Bicep- 12 3/4″)

Photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3934.jpg (25.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3993.jpg (18.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by dizzysoi; 12-25-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Closed Thread