Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- I know how you feel. I never got totally into eating good OR exercising. Im so freakin lazy. I feel like I keep gaining and gaining. I cant stop eating bad stuff. Its like my brain totally ignores what I really should eat and shouldnt. I focus on what im eating and thats its, nothings changing my mind. And if someone trys helping me like taking the brownie out of my hand, I get pissed. I soo need control. I brought a pair of pants to TN that I wore when I was here and by Thanksgiving, I couldnt even button them. I dont feel cute in ANYTHING anymore. Im really hoping to make a clean slate by the first of the year. I wanna join a gym again and I hope to get some things I wanted for christmas to help me out. Ugh....why is it so much harder than it seems? Hows the Superfood book coming? Learning anything interesting?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Wow girls! You've been busy! I've still been slacking... not good. I think I'm in a baby slump... not on size of the slump, but the reason. I had yet another friend tell me she's pregnant today - that makes 9 since *I* started trying. (I started trying before DH was onboard) as excited as I am for all of them, I'm JEALOUS... and part of me dies a little. I have not however turned to food. Which is getting increasingly harder throughout the day right now! UGH!!!

Mel - I completely understand your feelings on the pic! I LOATHE Pictures of me! Honestly the only ones I like are from the wedding in October, and a select few from those! Girl it's time for us to WORK! We RUN these challenges - we should EXCEL IN THEM!!! I swear 2009 is OUR YEAR!!! This challenge is to get us going for next year when we both HIT OUR GOALS!!!

luv - the next challenge signup week will be from Christmas day to New Years Eve and start on Jan 1. I'll put the link to the new thread in here so you're sure not to miss it!

Ok I have a bazillion tags to make up - and I HAVE to do them!!! I'm going to go visit my mom at work, and then work my tail off the rest of the night! I'm shooting for 4-5 tags tonight! SO WATCH OUT!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Yay, I went to the gym again today! Heehee, it's my turn to tag someone. I really hope that I at least lose some weight this week.

I will tag:

luvmyinnerdemon
fauxtini
fld20
Old 12-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I have 4 tags to do. I will do them tomorrow. All my grands are here for asleep over. I want to spend my time with them. I am doing the analysis along with everyone although I have not posted today. I am right here with you. I am a big emotional eater looking for instant gratification. There are several more I have to look at.

Mel~I bought stuff for the sandwich recipe you told us about. I bought some cottage cheese. I forgot what things I needed for the pizza recipe. Would you pretty please re-post the ingredients for it. I want to try it!! There is something else I wanted to ask, but I have forgotten. I will catch ya all later Pat
Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #65  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey guys!
Well.. I was REALLY lazy today and normally wouldn't have bothered to work out.. but the tags kept winking at me... so guess what! I got an hour in!
( i did weights and WATP moves while watching 'save the last dance 2 of all movies! those teenage dancing movies are my guilty pleasure for sure!)

Melissa: I understand your strife of looking at those pictures.. Don't let them get you down! you are a beautiful person with a beautiful family.. I may have never seen pictures of you before.. but i know it! Frig that picture if it gets you down. focus on NOW... you are making huge strides forward and you will surpass even your own expectations! i know it!

Anyway!
I tag:
dixie!
luvmyinnerdemon!
Hattie!
Ruth!
terapet!
Princess!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good evening everyone!

I finally worked out today for 2 hours (30DS, Some Hip Hop Dance Video & WATP). I was sooo happy but now I am very very tired. I know have 16 tags to still make up. I'm not sure if I will get any done tomorrow or not since I have a christmas party to go to at 1:30pm. Everyone sounds like they have been busy making up some tags.

TAG YOUR IT!!!

fauxtini
Enygirl
fld20
butterflygurl
ruth135
dixiemae
mrsaugie
luvmyinnerdemon
hattie22
reda355
jo7475
Melissa
Old 12-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow ask and you shall recive 6 tag from the last time i checked in, thank you girl you will not be dissapointed!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Woo hoo! I just finished 1 of my tags! (only to come in and find 2 more) I it! You girls are definately going to keep me moving!!!

So I'm tagging:

JASONSLEA
ERRICAH
TINYCITIES

Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Heather - Man I really wish you were here! I just know if I had SOMEONE this would be sooo much easier! I don't have anyone to exercise with or anyone who is even fat or trying to diet that I know...I don't think....I do have one friend who is getting quite plump...but she hasn't even mentioned dieting or exercise and I don't wanna be all like......"Hey, wanna go on a diet together.." LOL! I may try to think of a way to see if she wants to go walking or something together.....but if you were here it would be easier for both of us!

Eny - I went through kind of the same thing as you.....I was trying to get pregnant and several people I knew were GETTING pregnant....I was soooo jealous! And then I found out I was pregnant and we all got to be pregnant together and I think it worked out best that way because if I was having a mood swing or a craving or needed someone to talk to (other than hubby) I knew I could call one of them and they would know what I was going through. Maybe the same thing will happen to you.

Fauxtini - Thanks alot for the comments. I can't tell you how much I wanted to cry when I saw that picture. So many thoughts were going through my head ....and it was like I could feel myself starting to cry but I never did......weird....but I have that pic on my frig and it is saved as the background to my computer...LOL
Old 12-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Default Mini-Challenge #3 Day 4 - CONTINUED

Mini-Challenge #3
Food Challenge - Day 4 - CONTINUED

Okay so earlier today I posted some things we needed to do with the results from our behavioral analysis.....the post was getting kind of long. I really want to try to keep these as short as possible or I'm afraid people will just skip right over them.....so that is why I have broken the challenge up the way I have....

So now its time to figure out....What to do with all our information!

Replace the bad habit with one that has nothing to do with food.
--> Of course you can try to quit cold turkey...just like with smoking or anything else....and you may be successful....but MOST people will not. In order to really have a shot of being successful at kicking a bad habit....it is usually helpful to replace it with a good or positive habit...here are a few things

- pursue a hobby or something you would like to learn
-work in the garden
-play a game (cards, board game) with family or yourself even
-visit neighbors, write letters, send e-mails, or call a friend
-start a journal and actually write in it!
-give yourself a home manicure or pedicure or facial...tweeze the eyebrows...LOL
-go to a movie or rent a movie (skip the buttered popcorn)
-read a fitness magazine or any magazine
-read a book
- plan a vacation
- watch the sunrise or sunset
-exercise....walk, jog, swim, ride a bike...do a work out video or go to the gym
-dance to some upbeat music
-take a shower or a bubble bath
-get a massage
-go to the spa or beauty salon...get your hair and/or nails done
-listen to music
-sing
-pray or meditate
-write a poem
-take a nap
-do housework
-pay bills / balance the checkbook
-rearrange the furniture in a room
-wash your car
-clean out a closet or some drawers
-brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash
-volunteer for anything (senior citizens center, local library, hospital, etc.)'
-walk your dog...or your neighbors dog
Overcome impulses and urges:
-->Try to figure out if there are certain impulse moments that occur at the same time everyday. For example, remember my deal with always wanting to eat at 3pm when Dr. Phil came on? Well....that was a big impulse moment for me, and I had to plan accordingly to change it. Weither it was going walking, cleaning the house, exercising while watching Dr. Phil...so forth and so on....anything but sitting and eating while watching t.v.
--> List anytime you KNOW you have impulse moments or times when it is really hard to control yourself....like eating out with friends/family, social events or family get-to-gethers, cookouts, etc etc....what is your plan for these things in advance...what will you do at this year's company Christmas party to keep from standing over the snacks and eating all night?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #71  

Height: 5'6"

I always eat too much at family get togethers. Its next to impossible not to, especially if there are several dishes that different people brought, you want to try each one. Even if you only get a tiny bit of everything, its too much.

My weight was down a little bit this morning even though hubby brought home ice cream and root beer in addition to the rotisserie chicken and salad last night I was feeling pretty sick yesterday so I asked him to bring home supper from Kroger, something that wouldn't make us gain weight. I guess he was craving a root beer float. I ate one but I made it small.

Today we were out shopping and so we ate out at Chili's but we shared a salad, burger, and fries and drank water so I don't feel like I did too bad.

Yesterday I finished 2 tags doing pilates and the stationary bike. Today finished 1 tag weight training. I didn't have time nor felt up to doing more, but I think I almost over this cold, just don't have all my energy back yet.

I can't believe I got tagged 4 times today! Now I'm behind 11 tags! Yikes! But that's great, it keeps me moving. Just haven't been able to do as much the last couple days because of this cold.
I probably won't get any done tomorrow unless the weather is nice enough to take a walk in my parents' neighborhood.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #72  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

fauxtini and fld20 thanx for the two new tags!!! will be working on them shortly that puts me to 9 old tags + 2 new tags= 11 tags total (for now)
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- I know! Its so much easier to work out with someone. Well try to get that girl to exercise with you, just bring it up casually. Tell her your situation, you wanna work out but not alone and that you would just like some company. Maybe she wouldnt think anything of it. Anyone I know? I wish I had someone too. Mandy wont, and nobody else around here either. Oh well, gotta learn to do it on my own at some point.

I feel my biggest impulses are after work , so thats around 10-11pm. I always want to eat when I get home. I have a habit of stopping at the gas station to get something to munch on alot. I have alot of other impulses but they arent on schedule. I just like to eat. BUT I have noticed that night time is my worst time. I would just go to sleep but most of the time im not tired or I just cant go to sleep. Its wierd, I can sleep alllll day but when it comes to sleeping at night, it will take a while for me to go to sleep.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #74  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I take a bubble bath EVERY evening almost now and it really does curb my eating! I usually don't eat enymore in the evenings anyway.. but on those 'hard to resist' nights.. bathtub it is! Bubbles and a book! so much better than food I will regret later!

Side note: another thing to do to keep away fromfood is playing with this website.. www.faceinhole.com You just upload your face into famous pictures... for example... me as BEYONCE...
beyon.jpg

hahaha. I just keep putting my husband and I in these random photos and cracking up! One of my friends made a picture of me and 3 of my best friends as the golden girls! lol

aaaaa.jpg

yes.. i'm the one with the glasses lol

Anyway.. yes.. im fully aware that I need a life.. but I havn'tthought about eating in over an hour!! lol

Last edited by mountain mama; 12-14-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #75  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Melissa,

Don't feel bad about a picture. It's a proven fact that pictures are evil.

Just so you're not alone -- let me post my "OMG" picture. It was taken in Feb. 2008 by one of my sister in laws and posted in our Snapfish group room. I was sick when I saw it. So I started watching what I ate and the next time I was in Chicago the pictures weren't as awful. The second picture, with my niece, is in the same shirt I was wearing in Feb. The last picture is me with my 2 sister in laws. Now tell me, how am I supposed to feel okay when I'm in family pics with those two?!!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg febchicago.jpg (3.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg octchicago.jpg (3.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg erincathymeoct.jpg (3.7 KB, 39 views)
Closed Thread