Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #46  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Alrighty - throwing that into the pile!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Okay...I just finished 1 hour of wii fit.

I get to tag:

Tag Your It

fld20
jo7475
FB
butterflygurl
scarahjs
terapet

That HUGE container of chocolate at work is almost gone!!! Just a few of kisses left. I feel really happy that I did not partake in that feast!

I can do this.......and so can you!!!! Let's rock it!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #48  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

3 tags complete! woot woot!
Calling all fit chicks in da howwowwwse! (house hehe)
Hattie
Fld
Eny
sprkle
stnessa
butterflygurl
Melissa
heather
ruth

Have fun workin out!

Last edited by mountain mama; 12-12-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone!

I had a lovely day today. I decided to go Christmas shopping downtown (which is quite a way's away). About half way there I decided that I would rather walk. So I jumped off at the next stop and had a brisk one hour walk. On the way home, I felt like it again! So today I had a lovely two hour walk before going to a nearby clinic and donating blood. I feel like I am bathing in good karma

I hope everyone had as good a day as I did!

Now, time for me to reap the rewards of my work.

TAGGING!

FB
scarahjs
terapet
heather
ruth
jo7475
sprkle
stnessa
butterflygurl
Hattie
Fld
Eny

That's fourt tags worked off so I think I'm down to eight. Oh number zero you will see me soon!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

tag me tag me!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #51  
:)

Height: 5'7

StNessa79 - Thanks!

I've had... a long day.

Sorry I've been so busy. December 19th will be a FREAKING awesome day. Last one.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #52  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

HEy everyone---just wanted to check in and say hi---sorry i havent posted in like two days---but i just went and read like 4 pages of posts---wow---you guys are on a roll--- i missed a lot-- anyway---got my house in order--- spent the last two days cleaning--- so even though i didnt work out or check in on here at least i was moving and getting stuff done---

i'm feeling in the mood to do some working out after baby goes to sleep its almost midnight now--

ENY--- i hope you are pregnant_-----baby dust****
and with me the first sign was sore breasts and a weird pinge type pain in my tummy that just somehow felt different than period --kinda like something pully on my bellybutton---

fauxtini- and everyone else who's lost weight this week congrats on your losses and keep up the good work---

oh and what's up with shrimp on oatmeal--i read that and i was like eww gross--- and shrimp for breakfast---hmm i think i'll pass --- i'm not one for meat for breakfast at all---

on keeping the food log--- i'm sorry to say that i havent done that ---so i'm definetly doing it tomorrow and then going back in and answering those journal questions-

--but i know that with me my problem is breakfast-- i usually eat it pretty late or not eat anything until like lunchtime-- i just dont get that hungry but i've been forcing myself to eat something anyway and have programed myself to get hungry around breakfast time now---usually i'll have a banana and a mixture of special k cereal and multigrain cheerios in a ziploc bag -=I eat about half of it so i;m not sure how much that amounts to--- or i'll have the banana with a special k bar ---and lunch and dinner are a whole other story i get hungriest between lunch and dinner and will usually have a snack of either fruit or another special k bar--- another problem i have with dinner is that it is so late like 8 0r 9 at night sometimes cause i get home most days at like 6 and then it takes like an hour or two to make something decent to eat--- alright thats enough for now---

looks like im in luck baby feel asleep ---so now i'm going to go and try to get an hour in before going off to bed ---

fld20---thanx for the new tag---that will put me at 12 tags to make up now--- so thanx and keep them coming

sorry for the long post but i guess i was making up for two days of not posting--

Last edited by princess2323; 12-13-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #53  
Isla's mommy

2 more tags for the pile...

I haven't worked out yet - I'm waiting for my husband to go to bed. He's hogging the TV. I did half of my work out earlier in the evening - I took a brisk walk around the neighborhood. Now I want to finish up the hour so I can knock out 2 tags today.

I've been fighting the urge to eat so I'm drinking some water. Hoping that works!

I should be back on later to make those tags!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #54  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Wow! I wanted to get on here last night but I was sooo tired I went to bed at like 9:30! Pretty sad for a Friday night, but that's how tired I was. I will go ahead and tag some ppl from yesterday and hopefully get caught up with the others sometime this weekend!

Luvmyinnerdemon
Eny
FB
Fld20
Ruth
Hattie
princess
stephi
heather

Tag, you're it!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Unhappy OMG...wake up call!

Okay so I'm cleaning my house right now. I just came across a picture that my Grandmother brought me a few months ago...this is me and DH. I can't believe I look like that. I mean it looks like it is all he can do to get his arm around me! I look like I weigh so much more than 250 pounds! BUT here I actually only weighed like 238-240!!!

I just wanted to cry when I saw this picture...this is absolutely horrible! This is my official start pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (25.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #56  

Wink Mini-Challenge #3 - Day 4

Mini-Challenge #3
Food Challenge - Day 4

Okay, so up till this point we have taken a food behavioral analysis, started a food journal, and interpreted our food journal. Today we are going to analyze some of the results from our behavioral analysis and our food journal since we have pointed them out......so now is the, "Okay....I have identified it....so what is causing it part AND what do I do about it!"

Good luck! and as always please leave feedback!

The first thing you need to do for this part of the challenge is make a list of all of the food behavioral problems you have been able to pinpoint that are negative. Use the answers from your behavioral analysis as well as things you have discovered from using your food journal.
For example all the ones you answered "C" or "D" to on the behavioral analysis....like one of mine was I eat large amounts of food in a short amount of time....also one of the things I learned from my food journal was that I emotionaly eat (from boredom) and that I did it so much at a certain time of the day that I conditioned myself to automatically eat in response to a certain stimulus. Okay...got your list....GOOD! Now go to step 2!

Okay, now for each thing listed you are going to try to figure out what you payoff is for doing this activity. Why do you do it....even though you know it is bad? You really want to be healthy or be at a certain size, but we do it anyway! There has to be a reason right? Well, hopefully by identifying the payoff or the reason why you sabatoge yourself....we can understand how to combat that!

Here are SOME payoffs: (very breif comments on each)

Pleasure - You LOVE the taste of food!

Physiological Calm - When you eat, your body chemistry is altered temporarily. You get a warm relaxed feeling.

Emotional Relief - for celebration, medication, companionship, entertainment, or avoidance of emotional resolution....any sort of eating in response to emotion...bordom included!

Irrational rewards - Telling yourself you DESERVE some kind of food for something you have accomplished or because you had a rough day. You DESERVE to be healthy and happy.....being overweight does neither for you!

Acceptance - This comes from the emotional satisfaction that you are part of a couple, family, organization, peer group, or social circle. You eat to be sociable and fit in.

Immediate gratification You know that eating that snickers bar is BAD for your health and your trying to lose weight BUT dang its just soooo darn good. You can skip it and reap the benefits in a few weeks/months/years or you can enjoy it NOW!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!

Okay....this is getting kind of long...so work on this for now....I will post the "So what do I do about it?" portion later!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #57  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

butterflygurl---thanx for the new tag!!

so i did an hour on the elliptical last night and then a half hour workout to jillian's winning by losing full frontal just now so that means i knocked out 3 tags so 12-3=8 (plus the new tag brings me up to 9 still to complete) so i'll hopefully knock some more tags out tonite ---so for now i get to tag nine ladies so here are some warm holiday tags!!!

stnessa
heather
eny
fld20
ktandthesmurfs
fauxtini
dixiemae
stephi
luvmyinnerdemon

more tags coming shortly--- get ready to work!!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Ill have to take a little closer look at the next challenge in a little while im kinda in a hurry,just wanted to check in.

Melissa- That pic makes you look bigger than you are. You dont look that big in real life.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I finished off 2 tags on the wii fit this morning and I'm headed out to do some on the bowflex but heres my tags for the first 2.

luvmyinnerdemon
mrsaugie
dixiemae
princess'
terapet
ruth
Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #60  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post

Melissa- That pic makes you look bigger than you are. You dont look that big in real life.
Thanks Heather! I saw that picture today and my jaw just dropped open! I may not look that big in real life (hopefully) but the fact remains I'm still big enough to LOOK like I'm that big in real life....ha ha ha...does that make sense? I look bigger when I sit down!

Ahhhh I'm just so tired of looking like this and feeling like this. I can't be that hard! I just don't understand...back in the summer I didn't have any problems eating right or exercising...now I just can't get anything straight!

I have been spending the day cleaning (and I mean REALLY CLEANING) the house....including the pantry and fridge and freezer!

I'm gonna try to get everything thrown out and/or in its place and go get some healthy groceries. I'm reading the Superfoods Rx book while I'm on break....so I hope it helps me in the knowing what to eat category.

I'm having more trouble in the exercise department than I thought I would...my feet HURT really bad! especially the right food....I'm too heavy and I know that is why they hurt.

Well...I'm gonna do this if it kills me...LOL! I just had a nice BIG veggie salad with sunflower seeds (one of the superfood sidekicks to walnuts) and it was pretty darn good! I'm stuffed right now!

Well...hope everyone is having a lovely day!
Closed Thread