Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #16  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I have worked out all four days this week (M, T, W, TH) and eaten well.

My scale hasn't budged out of the 240s...yet.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

isn't that frustrating??? I was reading an email from Jillian Michael earlier. Here's what it said:

Friday November 21
Welcome to Losing It with Jillian Michaels, the program designed to help you shed pounds, increase energy, and finally get fit for life!

FRIDAY: IT'S YOUR BODY, BABY

Are You Eating Enough?
I know this isn't what you're used to hearing this time of year, but it's important to make sure everyone's got it straight. You're all trying not to go over your allotted calorie amounts for the week, but how many of you aren't eating enough calories? It may seem like a bright idea to cut a hundred or so calories from your diet each day, but that's a dangerous — and incorrect — assessment of your dietary needs.

It is absolutely 100 percent essential to eat enough calories! If you don't, it will destroy your metabolism. It's like telling your body that you're starving. If your body thinks it's starving, your metabolism will shut down.

Not eating enough calories will also force the body to cannibalize muscle and hold on to fat. The body considers muscle to be expendable during periods of starvation, and it considers fat to be necessary to insulate your organs for survival.

Finally, a deficit of daily calories will lead to a horrible cycle of yo-yo dieting. You'll starve yourself and end up losing muscle, and when you begin to eat the right amount of calories, your body will pack on the pounds in anticipation of another "famine."

What can you do to break the cycle? If you're a woman, set your calories at 1,400 steady — don't vary them. I almost NEVER say that, but in order to get your metabolism back up to speed and set your body right again, you're going to need consistency and time.

Stay on this calorie allowance and exercise at least five hours a week. You probably won't lose weight for at least four weeks, but the good news is that you won't gain either, and hopefully we will have gotten your metabolism back on track permanently. After about four weeks or so, you should start to lose weight, and then you can begin to vary your daily calorie intake — as long as you never drop below 1,200 calories. Now, go get something to eat!

DID YOU SEE THAT??? IT COULD TAKE 4 WEEKS TO START LOSING!!!! I'm sure she means significant loss.. but OH MY GOD!!! No wonder we all fail at diets - I know I have the attention span of a 2 year old.. I can't wait 4 weeks for ANYTHING!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

This is a page out of my journal. I am posting so those that are REALLY really struggling will know they are not alone some one can relate and appreciate to the effort and commitment of health, well being, and weight loss.

JUST FOR TODAY: I need to decide weather I want to eat or stay on plan. I actively choose to eat healthy. So what do I want to do to achieve this goal? Today I need to take it in small doable steps. Am I really hungry or am I thirsty....I am hungry. I ate breakfast. I had 1/2 cup oat meal 1/2 cup milk and 6 ounces of yogurt. Got off track and had 4 cheese nip crackers and 6 potato chips. I was able to stop eating crap there. Drank 2 cups of water. Took a 40 minute power nap. I feel some what better. My sinuses are bothering me. That is probably my problem. I am cold. I wrapped up in a blanket, still shivering. I took 3 pain relievers. I think I will eat a can of green beans. It isn't lunch time yet, but I am hungry. I have a can of grilled chicken soup for lunch.Lots of veggies and is some thing warm to eat. I ate a can of green beans. I feel a little bit better having something warm in my stomach. Is having green beans for a snack odd? I don't know. I am veggie impaired. It was a good choise for me! I like green beans,asparagus, spinach-some of the starchy veggies like potatoes, lima beans, garbonzo beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, and cauliflower. So I am limited. I read the lable on my favorite good for me yogurt. YIKES and double yikes!! Second ingredient is high frutose then corn syrup then modified corn starch. Time to switch brands of yogurt. One sweetened with splenda instead of the 'toses. 'toses set me up for a sugar binge. Hot then cold-I think I might have caught my sisters' crud. All I can do is dab my nose and drink tons of water and try to drown it out. I refuse to be sick for Thanksgiving. Gonna nip it in the bud! I had 1 can -2 cups of grilled chicken soup= 200 calories and 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Made it to 1:30pm on program. The afternoon Evening was not quite on Program, but not a loss. I stayed out of the chocolate, stayed out of the sugary sweets and carbs. I ended up so very hungry for dinner. My sister didn't cook dinner until after 9pm. We were eating at 10:30. All I could down was a pork chop. Not much of a dinner!! I had no veggies or fruit. I got in a 20 minute walk outside-6-8 ounce glasses of water-several diet cokes-3 bite size pieces of chocolate, and a handfull of Cheetos. While everyone else chowed down on all the goodies I kept my hands busy playing cards. Even though it could have been better I chose to make an active choise to stay away from the temptations. Just for today I am happy with the day. I did the best I could do with what I had to work with.

It was a struggle to stay on plan. A combination of not feeling well, being tired, and my eating schedule being thrown off really made it hard to keep going. I hope this post helps some one. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 11-22-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #19  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Okay, I guess I'm impatient. It finally moved today to 239.

My weight loss since being on SB has been pretty consistent though - roughly 4 pounds a month, and this month, I think the "here and there slip ups" have really started to impact how much I lose.

Patience, grasshopper...yeah, I know.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #20  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i weighed today and am at 184 and so i am looking to get to low 170s. as far as getting up at 3:30 AM not so well (that is during the week when i work 9 hours otherwise it is 4:30 and that is a lot easier to do.) any way other then that things are going good i finally feel the urge to get going pushing me again which is a really good thing all i have to do now is give into it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #21  

I've worked out 6 days in a row.. I'm waiting until Thursday to weigh in. i'm a little scale obsessed. eating's been "ok" yesterday wasn't the best though. I am just SO SICK of being STUCK! UGH! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the lower #180s on Thursday... but I'd be happy to hit my goal!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I am still so stuck too. 148.5 this morning, but it's TOM. Still, ugh. I'm pretty sure I won't reach 139 by New Year's Day. But I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, regardless of what the scale does.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #23  

Julie - there's still plenty of time to get close to it though! Keep pushing girl!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #24  

Where are my other decade pushers??? I can't be the only one STUCK!

I told DH last night that 2009 is MY year - and that I WILL hit my goal by the end of next year. I have just over #50 to lose! So #1 a week... it'd be great to get a jump on that and get out of the D@MN #180s by Christmas!!! UGH!

I've completed 7 days of the 30 Day shred on level 2. I can definately feel my endureance building. I'm switching to level 3 on saturday. I'm nervous and excited about it. I'll do level 3 for 20 days. This is the longest I've actually stuck with a plan... so I'm proud of myself.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #25  

146.5 this morning, which is almost back to my lowest weight of a couple weeks ago. TOM does a real number on me these days, I don't seem to lose for a week before or during.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #26  

Julie - i completely understand... the problem I had this time around is that TOM brough #4 with him, and they haven't gone away yet! Right now I'm still HIGHER then when i started the Thanksgiving challenge on Halloween!! UGH!!! all I can do is work though - and watch what I'm eating.

My plan for tomorrow is to start with a HUGE salad and that way i can off set the heavier, not-good-for-me foods. It's a plan right?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Julie - i completely understand... the problem I had this time around is that TOM brough #4 with him, and they haven't gone away yet! Right now I'm still HIGHER then when i started the Thanksgiving challenge on Halloween!! UGH!!! all I can do is work though - and watch what I'm eating.

My plan for tomorrow is to start with a HUGE salad and that way i can off set the heavier, not-good-for-me foods. It's a plan right?
Yup! Besides, it will probably also set up your tastebuds away from the sweeter/starchier stuff.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I am still so stuck at 181. I lost 3 pounds, but it is the same 3 I have been bouncing around with forever. I am so determined to give myself a grande Christmas present 170ville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so @#$^$%&^ of being stuck here!!!!! S C R E A MMMMMMM! I am pushing through this decade. I have a plan for tomorrow to keep out of most of the calorie, sugar, carb laden foods. I will let ya all know how I did!!!! I am leaving in about half an hour to pick up my oldest daughter for the Holiday. I will be majorly distracted tomorrow (:-))) that I want to wish everyone a safe, blessed, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Catch ya all later!! Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #29  

I'm down to #187 this morning... do you know HOW MANY TIMES I'VE SEEN #187???? That's the SAME EXACT WEIGHT I WAS ON MY WEDDING DAY (10/4)... UGH!!! So I'd LOVE to be in the lower #180s!!! I'd be GREAT to see something lower then a 5 after the 8! it'd be even BETTER to see a 7 after the 1!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! But all in all it's still a loss... so if I can just keep the scale moving in that direction we'd be good!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I did bad bad bad for Turkey Day.
I now have to lose 3 pounds just to get back to the 140's.

Help!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote