Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W Lose Your Butterball Challenge - Week 3

Here we go girls! Week three. Let's Do The dang thing!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Oh blessed Monday!

Morning ladies!!! I had to get here and announce my big enthusiasm moment for the day. I got up and walked 15minutes on the tread mill. I know big deal, but for me it was. My eyes were closed 1/2 the time, it was 4:30am and and earthquake hit right as I was starting. Just another sign that its time to shake things up a bit!

Speaking of shaking things up.... yesterday was a hoot. The youngest of BF's kids (4 y/o) projectile vomitted up his entire breakfast at the buffet we were eating at. It was our first, and actually BF's first, outing to a restaurant with all three of his kids. Memorable for sure. THEN~ I tried to bake a cake for the bday o' the 7year old. Didn't realize the oven was on broil. We had broiled birthday cake. I was ready to drink by 2pm. THEN~ my 19 y/o DS came home with a new addition to his life.... VERITAS.... "the truth".... tattooed on his right side from his armpit to his hip bone in a vertical line. Done by a guy, at his house. Fantastic eh. Needless to say, I was drinking by 6pm.

So today, 198.6, down another .4. And I got on the treadmill for 15minutes this morning. Considering the last 24 hours of loveliness, I am proud of me.

W - 64 today
E - planned and waiting
E - need another 15 on TM tonight
D - Life is what happens while you are busy planning it.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by Nixmom; 11-17-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting the thread, still not quite myself yet.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #4  

I'm excited for week three even though it will probably be a tough one with TOM coming sometime this week. But I started the day another .2 down, 171.8 So I am exactly 5 lbs down for my total and 2.8lbs toward my 5lb goal for this challenge.

WEED goals for Monday:
W: 96oz plus herb tea
E: treadmill or bike
E:1600-1800cals
D: I'm proud of myself for not gaining over the weekend even though we had dessert three days in a row, I only had one serving and didn't go back for seconds.

mtiger: I was making my husband's scrapbook to be from birth to the time we met. I got as far as his eighth or ninth birthday. I face a similar issue as you, I homeschool my kids, so even as I am sitting here I am also grading my son's papers. He's in fourth grade, my daughter is in second grade.

Best wishes for everyone on your third week!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

UGH...we'll just leave it at that. UGH *sighs*
it'll be ok I hope.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Speaking of shaking things up.... yesterday was a hoot. The youngest of BF's kids (4 y/o) projectile vomitted up his entire breakfast at the buffet we were eating at. It was our first, and actually BF's first, outing to a restaurant with all three of his kids. Memorable for sure. THEN~ I tried to bake a cake for the bday o' the 7year old. Didn't realize the oven was on broil. We had broiled birthday cake. I was ready to drink by 2pm. THEN~ my 19 y/o DS came home with a new addition to his life.... VERITAS.... "the truth".... tattooed on his right side from his armpit to his hip bone in a vertical line. Done by a guy, at his house. Fantastic eh. Needless to say, I was drinking by 6pm.
If that had been my day I would have been drinking at the buffet Sounds like a very funny (and trying) day! Monday can't be worse!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyteror View Post
UGH...we'll just leave it at that. UGH *sighs*
it'll be ok I hope.
Ugh here too
Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #8  

Hoy this weekend wasn't so good... I nibbled too much and over-ate... BLAH!

Monday leads the week and I'm continuing with this...

Monday WEED:
W: 64 oz
E: Couch to 5K Week 4 Day 1 today
E: Slim Fast for breaky and lunch, apples or fruit for snacks. Leftover steak with lots of veggies for supper. NO grazing in the evening...
D: Keep on trucking

Last edited by econ nerd; 11-17-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I need exercise but i have too many papers to do tonight! I'm spending my breaktime and lunchtime working on them. If i'm lucky I'll have them both done and turned in on time. I've already started working on one.

I have salad with 1/2 chicken breast....some low cal bbq sauce. lots of veggies.....big jug of water. If i can't exercise today then dangit i'm gonna eat right and get my water in!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

btw nixie i'll post pix tomorrow probably of the stuff we made on the weekend
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nix- what a day you had. Too funny!

JCat- Hope you get back to yourself soon.

Ruth- WTG on the loss and the sensible desserting. I tend to have seconds and thirds of desserts. Hence, I've gained 7 pounds since returning to work in June.

Econ- WTG on finishing C25K Week 3. I started week 1 yesterday and I feel it today. DH is trying it too. I'm looking forward to trying it again tomorrow!

I've been doing well yesterday and today. I'm eating OP and mindfully. I won't be attempting cardio tonight- I'm feeling the effects of starting C25K. Maybe I'll do some Yoga or Pilates.

Tomorrow's plan:

W- 32 oz
E- OP & Mindful
E- C25K W1D2
D- I feel healthy and strong.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I knew I missed someone.

HolyT- Great job on focusing on what you can control. Hopefully, those pesky papers will soon be out of your way!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nix- OMG!! One of my worst fears. Tattoos. I don't like them and I hope to heaven my children don't come home with one. My son's friends are all getting them. Why, I ask, WHY????

Grazer- Keep up the good work.

Holy- I will say screw the papers, just to get in my workout. My papers are a bit different from yours though.

Econ- I think we all do better during the week. Simply more on plan.

Ruth- Good progress. Keep it up!!

I had hoped to make some good progress this week. I just keep going over and under 200. What's up with that???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

I am so irratated with my doctors office right now! UGH! Okay here is what is happening with me. a few weeks ago I started noticing my lip twitching/drooping. didn't last more than a second but it has progressivly gotten worse. Then on the 5th I felt like I got hit by a truck then a cold/sinus thing. So then my head started hurting. Not an ache, but more of a burning sensation from the top of my head down my face. I dealt with it thinking, its just a sinus infection. Then I started feeling weak and dizzy almost on the verge of passing out. So I went to the doctor. He did some lab work and set me up with a neurologist (Dec 1st). I am irritated because I called for the results of my bloodtests and they havent called me back yet. ERRRRRRR. I am trying not to freak out but honestly I am scared to death it is something serious. I don't dare workout because I am afraid if I get my heart rate up to much I will pass out. I have been checking my blood sugar levels which are very strange right now (bouncing all over the place). My blood pressure is staying steady.

I really didn't want to whine about this, but DH who is usually my rock, is freaking out on me so I don't want to make it worse for him. I could call my mom (who I am talking to again), but she prefers to talk about her own issues. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Love you guys.

(Mindy, I have several tattoos, they are quite addicting. They all signify something big in my life: Turning 18, 21, Marriage, one for each kid, and two more in the works; tattoos not children.)

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-17-2008 at 07:01 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Jen: any possibility of Bells Palsy? Friend of mine had it.....just a suggestion.

serious ranting....be forewarned....
I'm pretty pissed off at the moment. I asked DH to bring english muffins....which he did. apparently that gave him an excuse to buy more alcohol.....the whole "well i'm only drinking once a week" motto is out the door, even if the guys he works with picked on him badly over his last trip b/c "he doesn't look good in a uniform." He does the damn job, and he passes his fit tests when he has to.

So here I am, irritated with his lack of self control. JERK. On top of that.....Thank you USAF for screwing the holidays AGAIN. He just got home two weeks ago. Apparently everyone and their damn dog is on vacation, b/c nobody's available to fly NEXT WEEK. Next friggin week, gone for at least a damn week. There are 63 OTHER LOADMASTERS.....where the f are they????? I'm beginning to think that no matter where you are or what job you do, if you have children you have preference for leave over those who don't. That's what I think.

I have to get back to work now on my papers. maybe the anger will motivate me to finish sooner so i can go to bed and wish i didn't wake up to a crappy day.

I hope the rest of your day went well ladies. I was doing ok until I got home, sorta.