Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default Commitment to Christmas Continues Again!!

Here's the newest thread, Christmas is 11 weeks from today, what can you do by then?

I can lose 20 more pounds, 2 a week if I stretch, I would love to be 125 at Christmas!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 10-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm going for the negative Freshman 15... down to the low 130s!

Weigh myself Sunday... we'll see if I'm on the right track! *crosses fingers*
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, just 11 weeks?!

I hope to be under 200 [199 would be okay by me!]. I lose about 2-3lbs a week, and I am up-ing my exercise and changing around my meals, so we'll see.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #4  
:)

Height: 5'7

I'd like to be around 270ish.

This would be easier to follow if I had a signature.

11 more days?
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

11 more WEEKS Stephi! and to our little group!

I want to be #163.6 by Christmas, and we'll see how much damage last week and weekend really did on me in the morning! I'm hopinh to be at least back down to only a #2 gain rather then a #5!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/223.7/127.8

Height: 160cm

I'm currently 228 and would love to be at least 198 by Christmas. It would be good to fit into some of my old skirts before the hot weather really hits Australia.
tc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205.5/185.8/128

Height: 5' 2"

What a great time frame for me! I'm focused on hitting 145 by the third week of January. Working with my doctor, we've established a weekly WL goal for me of 3 lbs per week up until Christmas and then just under 2 lbs per week for the last stretch. That would put my Christmas goal at 152.5. I'm currently at 185.5.

I'm new here so not exactly sure how these challenges work. Are we just supposed to post our progress from time to time or... ?
ANewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #8  

Welcome to all the new faces! And yes, our little group has been very informal. Everyone keeps track of their own progress toward their goal and posts towards it. Good luck!!

TC, moving toward onederland, good for you!!

Eny, whatever it is, it was worth it, you are now a married lady!

Oh Dixie, where are you....yoo hoo..
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #9  
At it again

Morning everyone and welcome to all those joining the challenge. ::

My goal is 187 lbs. I was at 214 when I started the challenge in August and I'm at 199 now, so I think 12 more lbs is probably right on track. Especially considering that I expect the next two months to be a bit more difficult than the last two (busier time of year, holiday treats, etc.)

MotherMavis, your signature (Committed to Christmas, Santa can bring me skinny clothes!!) always gives me a shot of inspiration when I see it. Besides feeling better, I love to go into my closet to try on clothes that haven't fit me in a while

Have a good one all!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #10  

I'm going on a mini vaca this weekend, and I know I'm going to be feasting at On The Border so I'm gonna go look at the menu and plan plan plan!

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

MM~I am right here. Yesterday was a tough day. The icing on the cake, my ex came by last night!!! He didn't want me, but now that things are final, done with, over, here he is like a new penny. My mind has moved on, now my heart needs to shift gears and move on also. Everything has changed between he and I. Yet it seems he wants some things to stay the same. Doesn't work that way, you can't have your cake and eat it too.~~I don't plan to go to my older sisters' and play cards tonight. I need to stay home, go for a long soul searching walk; to think through some things. when I go play cards there is always some yummies. I don't need the sugary carbs. I am too tempted right now. Eleven weeks until Christmas. A chance to loose another 11 pounds at the least. That doesn't put me at my Christmas goal!! YIKES. I need to get cracking some more. Nothing like good old fashioned sweat to get your mind off problems. Catch ya all later Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Welcome to all the new to the challenge. My goal is to get to 194. That would be 19 pounds to lose.

Dixie- I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your ex. Mine was that way after the divorce was final. Every once in awhile I still have problems with him thinking we are still together. It's frustrating when I want to move on and he won't. Hope you have a good night.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205.5/185.8/128

Height: 5' 2"

I think it is part of a lot of men's makeup. My ex was the same way. I walked because I felt he was emotionally cheating (and by most people's standards he was) and showing disrespect for our relationship. I realized when I got some distance that it was also emotionally abusive. Once it was over, he started singing a new tune. It's been over on my side for over 2 years and the contacts from him are getting longer between. I've learned the best things to do where not to engage him in any way - ie if I hear from him, I am civil but don't leave the door open in any way. He'll ask how I am doing and I will say I'm fine, thanks and not reciprocate. For me this is relevant because most of my weight gain this time around came from a pregnancy with him and depression after (lost the baby and almost lost me). He was SO not there through a lot of it. It did some serious damage to my sense of self-worth. Now I'm in a happier relationship - although it is a long-distance one. A really great guy where my weight is not an issue and he's being incredibly supportive. But the 2 years I spent with the ex did a lot of damage and it's taking a good deal of effort to find my way back to me.
ANewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #14  

Rita, thanks. I love shopping in my closet too!! It's the best feeling isn't it? When something that wouldn't pass your thighs before, gets to the butt, then next time, over the butt, then eventually ZIPS!!! It's the visual confirmation we all need. The scale is a number but the clothes, we relate too.

Dixie, You are phenomenal, stay strong!

Barbara Jean and New Me to you too. I love how everyone here has been so supportive of one another. It's amazing what we can make it through isn't it?

I have been OP, need to stick with it. I really would like to get under 140 by Halloween.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
When something that wouldn't pass your thighs before, gets to the butt, then next time, over the butt, then eventually ZIPS!!! It's the visual confirmation we all need. The scale is a number but the clothes, we relate too.
I agreee!

But I have the strangest body shape! Almost any pair of jeans that will find over my freakin' thunder thighs are baggy at the waist!

Last edited by oneupsteph; 10-11-2008 at 10:21 PM.