Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default Couch to 5K Challenge - Week 3!

Yayyy Week 3 is here!

to everyone who stuck with it during week 1 and week 2!

Week three is a little tougher but just hang in there you will be glad you did!!

So for week 3 the plan is this:

Brisk 5 minute warm up walk
Alternate 90 seconds of running/jogging (1 1/2 minutes) with 90 seconds of walking (1 1/2 minutes) followed by 3 minutes of running/jogging and 3 mintues of walking alternate these (90 sec jog, 90 sec walk, 3 min jog, 3 min walk) for 20 minutes (total workout 25 minutes)

Again...you can add a 5 minute cool down walk to make your workout total 30 minutes!

This looks like it is going to be much tougher! If you just feel like you absolutely can't do it try some of the following tips:

1. Do the current weeks schedule as much as you can until you just can't anymore....finish up that workout with a walk until you reach 30 minutes. Try to get a little further during each workou that you do.

or

2. Stay on week 2 and maybe just try to do 1 or 2 days at week two. If you can get your 3rd day on week 3 then you have accomplished something!

Good luck I know this is gonna be hard but if it were easy everyone would be doing it!!! LOL! We are the tough ones who actually signed up though!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi, I have been at week 3 for about a month now. I need to jump back in! I'll be working with you guys this week!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  

vixjean!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #4  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

technically i'm still on week 2 but here i am with you girls!!!

i will do w2, d1 in the morning! maybe i can eventually catch up with you guys!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #5  

don't even worry about it bjeweled!

If at the end of the 9 weeks your only on week 5 that is still a great accomplishment because if you hadn't started at all you couldn't even do that much...or if you quit or give up cause you are not at the current week then you'll never progress.

The idea is to get out of your comfort zone and push yourself. We are creatures of comfort and habit...so our bodies plateau! Just do what you can but as soon as your comfortable push it to the next level as much as you can!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/166.8/140

Height: 5'3

I did week 3 day 1 today...it was kinda hard to get those 3 min of jogging in. I only did 1 day of week 2. I decided to just skip onto week 3. I did it and it felt good...tomorrow I will probably do week 2 day 2 then on wed I will do week 3 day 2...mix it up a little so I can get it all in.

Stick with it everyone!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good idea, Jessicaca!! I did week 3 day 1 today. Not quite as draggy as last time I went running, but it's still not easy. I'm at a plateau. 153 for 2 weeks now. Sigh. But, I feel good, and I enjoy healthy food, so I'm just going to keep on keeping on.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #8  

Eeeek! I didn't do day 1 yesterday but my daughter is at the baby sitter's today so I hope to get to the gym after lunch today and get it over with. I am thinking about doing a good arm workout after my walk/jog routine!

Kori - I bet you get out from under that plateau soon. Since week 3 has been a little harder for you your really pushing your body and when you push it you are forcing your body to go beyond its capabilities and burn some butter! LOL! So I bet you see some results soon! Stick with girl! Your gonna have to have that dress taken in before long!!!

Jessicaca - you rock girl! That is the best idea I have heard! I have been doing 3 days and walking in between on the other days...I think what I will start doing is 3 days current week and on the other days do the week prior....so say Mon, Wed, Fri do week 3 and Tues, Thurs, Sat do week 2 or something like that. Thanks for the idea...you rock!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 08-19-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #9  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'm totally slacking ladies, I'm proud of you for all your committment, but I'm just going to end up struggling through this at whatever pace I can hit. I'm somewhere in a mix between week 1 and week 2, but I'll keep going. You guys are my inspiration.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Mind if I join you, Sprklemajik? I'm kinda in the middle of week 1 and 2 also.

Week 1 made me feel strong and pro-active, like I was really doing something.

Week 2 made me feel fat, slow and depressed. Yep, week 2 was more than I can do right now.

Last edited by Kelleigh; 08-19-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, me too. I have no idea what the intended place is for posting if, for any number of reasons, you're not on the same week. I don't feel bad for being where I am, but it is a little depressing to post in the thread a week or two or more ahead of where you are. But the old threads for the week you are on get slow and hard to find. I wonder do we really need a new thread each week?

Got a week behind the first week due to a knee problem, and will get another week behind next week (vacation at 7800 feet elevation, will walk but obviously won't keep up with an advancing program). I'll probably need to repeat week 2 when I get back to re-accustom my legs to the impact and work.

Anyway, I did week 2, day 1 yesterday. It was hard work but went better than expected. Tomorrow is day 2!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #12  

I will probably be with the rest of you by next week...LOL

Week 3 is kicking my butt. The first three minutes is not that bad but the second three minutes kicked by butt!!!

I will continue to post new threads each week....That will be about the only way I can keep up with how many weeks I have been doing this and everyone else as well.

Don't sweat ladies! Keep doing what you are doing and don't give up! If your on week 2 just keep trucking....but don't let yourself stay there...keep trying to go to the next week. I truely believe that everyone here can do this...you can push yourself...JUST DO IT! Don't keep saying I can't I can't I can't....if you never push yourself you'll never be able to improve.....

ONE GOOD TIP --> if you are on a treadmill...don't watch the clock!!! Focus on an object in front of you like the ceiling fan or television and focus on your breathing....controlling your breathing that is....I usually start 4 steps breathing in....4 steps breathing out.......after a while of jogging its more like 2 steps breathing in and 2 steps breathing out...but trust me focus on your breathing and not the clock it really helps the time go by and get it over with.....

90 seconds isn't that long....just tell yourself your gonna do it and that it isn't an option and focus on the breathing.

If you are confortable in week one definately get out and make yourself stay in week 2 if you are comfortable then it is too easy and not challenging....stay in week two till it is comfortable etc!

Hope this helps...I may need you guys to kick my butt next week
LOL

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 08-19-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Finished W2D2 this morning, going better than expected. Hard but feels like I can do it. Still get twinges in my knee, crossing my fingers (and treating it as good as I can) on that one.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #14  

Julie - I'm glad your sticking with it! Keep it up!

I did day 2 of week 3. It was much easier than day 1 by far! AND I finally got batteries for my MP3 player. I think that helped it be easier to accomplish cause I was feeling the beat to some Madonna and other songs!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #15  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys, kinda dropped out of the loop for a few days, but I got W3D1 done on Tuesday. And, of course, the last 3 min run nearly had me turning off the treadmill. No lie, I literally had my hand hovering over the stop button. But I did it! I'm going to shoot for doing D2 later this afternoon and D3 on Saturday.
Closed Thread