Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Kelleigh:

"Even doing the entire workout, I only ended up with 1.1 miles. But, for me, that's great! I made a commitment (to do this with you all) and I actually followed through. I know, I know, it's just the first day. I guess I'm just high off those hormones or whatever you get from exercising."

That's great--LOL--I wish I could get those hormone highs more often when I get off the treadmill! Usually I'm just gasping for breath, hunched over and mentally cussing myself out for getting into this bad of shape to begin with!
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

modcat44 and everyone!!

looks like you are all getting off to a great start!

I still haven't gotten day 1 in yet this week...TOM is being really ugly this month! I just laid up in bed yesterday! The cramping and being tired this month is really extreme! Usually it isn't this bad. I would have thought with me exercising that it wouldn't be as bad...I thought exercise was supposed to help everything!

I also have a final tonight...it will be over with fast though! If I'm not cramping really bad tonight I plan on getting in my 1st night tonight!

If not..hoping for some easing up tomorrow

Well on the rest of your week everyone!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #18  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello all I had already started this program I am on week four day two. We had a thread on the 20 something thread but not many people have been posting lately so I will more than likely start posting on here. Anyways I hope everyone has a great nine weeks. Once I am done with this I am back at it again.....its a wonderful program especially if you like to challenge yourself.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

The knee was still painful when I went to bed, but it didn't hurt when I got up this morning. Nonetheless, I nixed any walking this morning - I so do *not* want to get sidelined - man, it took me 4 months to start, I'm afraid of it taking another 4 months if I don't stick to it. So this morning, I just did my yoga (1 1/2 hours), carefully, went well. If I'm OK walking around today, I will go walking only for half an hour tomorrow morning. I'm gonna end up at least a week behind, but I ain't quittin'
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #20  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I actually managed to get day 2 done today Im happy. It's so much easier at the gym with a treadmill with something to keep time than running outside and counting in my head.. lol
I always get a surge of energy after I complete the challenge and feel WORN OUT afterwards.
I did the assigned running, plus about an hour and a half other cardio stuff. I proud of myself hehe

Sounds like everyone is doing awesome and really motivated. I have never jogged before and I really want to have the strength to do this. YAY everyone
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I did day 1 yesterday in the misty drizzle. It's been raining for so long...... Where did the sunshine go? What did it look like? My sunglasses are despondent. Brigadoon is going to rise up if this keeps on!!! Have I been doing the wrong voodoo dance? Hopefully it clears a little tomorrow so I can do day 2!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post

Now I sound like a cheerleader....
Thank you...I needed a cheerleader

McKenziesmomma, TOM is lurking around the corner for me. Hope you're feeling lots better!

JulieJ08, take care of that knee

fauxtini, WOW! After I finished I fell over. Congrats to you for all that extra work

Kofarq, I probably would of used the rain as an excuse not to start. Hope sunny skies are headed your way

Matilda08, congrats on being to week four

modcat44, I was gasping too!
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #23  

I dont think i've ever sweated as much as I do when I do the workout! Im like a slick of sweat and im panting.. hehe That's a good thing tho, right? lol
Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #24  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
It's been raining for so long...... Where did the sunshine go? What did it look like?
I've got it and you can have it back! It's been a cool 98-100 yesterday and today, but last week we got all the way up to 107, not counting the humidity. What I wouldn't give for a couple days of clouds and rain!
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 201/166.8/140

Height: 5'3

I did day 3 yesterday...I ended up going further than 25 min I ended up getting 3 miles in 40 min!!! I came off that treadmill feeling like someone kicked me in the stomach! I leave today and I am going to try to get one last day in before I leave. Good luck girls....everyone is doing soooo well!
jessacaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

The knee wasn't painful all day yesterday, so I went out today, walking only. Did have some discomfort in it during the 2nd mile, but there was no other way to get home but to keep walking! I'm going to keep babystepping, I can't just stop, it's too hard to start again. Plus, it just feels really good to be out moving before sunrise I'll take another day off if it's not pain free today. I think it's that iliotibial band syndrome. Sigh.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #27  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello girls! Today I will be back at it again. Week four day three. Keep up the good work you guys are really helping to keep me motivated!!!!!!

Question? Does anyone plan on going for another nine weeks once your done with this nine week program?
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #28  

day three complete! I am scared for week two.. haha I hope to get some more of week one stuff in to prepare myself for next week.

It's so weird how it makes SUCH a difference on a treadmill or just outside. It def wears me out more outside. I think it's all the counting I have to do when im on the road.. the brain power wears me out!! hehehe

This is definitly a challenge... But im motivated!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Well....TOM is coming to an end for this month (THANK GOD)and I finally got some energy and the cramping went away....soooo I did day one! It wasn't too bad. I will have to say that I hate walking on a treadmill cause it seems to take so long BUT doing these intervals helps tremendously! It went by pretty fast! I did 5 min at 3 mph's and then alternated between 3 and 4.5 for my walk/jog and finally finished with a 5 min cool down at 3 for a total of 30 minutes!

So far I think this is pretty easy....but next week we have to jog for a whole minute!!!! Oh well...one week at a time!

Congrats to everyone for hanging in there! You guys are really kicking some booty!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #30  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Finished day 2! I was meaning to do it Wednesday, and then the week got away from me. I got it back though, and today didn't seem to kill me as much as the first day did... that's good, right?
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote