Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Wendi, glad you enjoyed your night out. The BF sounds like a good guy! The night before sounds victorious too, to have all that food and not binge, and not keep it in the house. Great job!

Enygirl, good job staying OP, glad you are liking the Shred. I tried that on Exercise TV, it's a tough workout! 179, here comes Eny!!

Anna & Quilie, welcome to both of you! We have a great group, glad you joined us.

Blue, keep on pushing, you'll get to 187 soon!

Pat, You are doing so great. The first time I did the C25K I found I had to stretch it out. It was too much for my knees when I was heavier, so I repeated weeks alot, it's all about finding the exercise that works for you, nothing wrong with good old fashioned walking! Stepping sounds like a plan you enjoy??

I am doing well, yesterday evening I wanted to binge so bad, but I did OK, not great but OK. I did eat a few tater tots (5 I think) and 2 mini chicken tacos, that is odd for me, because I'm usually very carb a phobic, but I was happy that I didn't do any worse than that.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

THE SCALE IS STUCK!!! If it wasn't for DD and BF using the same scale I would think that it was just permently showing #186.2!!! UGH! I'm feeling better, and clothes are fitting better - so I'm trying to focus on that aspect rather then the # on the scale. I know eventually it'll drop!

I'm STILL STUCK with #22.6 to lose! I WILL HIT THIS GOAL!!! (hopefully early )

My plan is to cut back on the sodium intake - everything else is good. I'm going to keep shredding and adding in an extra workout 4 days a week. Eating calorie wise is on plan - I just need to watch WHAT I'm eating, not just how much!

MM - good job controlling the binge! That's a hard one to do!!!

Alright - time to get some work done! And remember - There's 19 weeks left until Christmas!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 199/184/145

Height: 5'3''

Thank you all for the welcome and the calorie counting information. I am going to go put together a better plan today. Eny, we are very similiar in height and weight. I am 5'3'' and between 184 and 188 depending on what day it is. LOL And like you I would give anything to see that 170 something on the scale!! Last I saw that was two kids ago. hmmph!

So yesterday a strange thing happened to me. I joined this challenge and then promptly lost my ever lovin' mind! I ate whataburger for lunch and pizza hut for dinner!! OMG! I haven't binged like that in almost a month. I lost total control.... I think I may have tried to sabotage myself. Well it won't work, I am here this morning typing this out before I even drink my coffee!! I will commit to being in control one day at a time.

MotherMavis great job resisting!! Now give me some of that willpower
Anabella04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 250/214/130

My goal is to lose 40 lbs by Christmas so far I have 38 more to lose. I dropped another pound. It feels like I have been stuck in the 220's forever though.
Moonring05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good Morning Everyone~Hope you all are having a good day.

Eny~Sounds like you have a plan going on. Maybe it would help if you don't weigh in every day. You don't want to get obsessed with the numbers game. It can be depressing. Focus on how your clothes look and feel that can be as big an indicator as numbers. Again, I think you are gaining muscle mass and loosing fat. Those sexy curves that will drive Bf crazy. Your body is adjusting to shredding every day.. I think you are well on your way to your Christmas goal. I want to weigh 170 something so badly I can taste it. Lets do it!!!!!

MM~My knees and hips have been very sore and achy. I have backed off the jog time and brisk walked a little more. I may not be able to run, but I can get the heart rate up there. Yes, I really like stepping, it clicked with me. I can watch my baseball games and get a good workout at the same time. I too, would love to walk into a store and buy clothes. It has been a long time since I bought regular clothes. I don't even know what the next smaller size is from a 1x. I think what ever that size is that is the one I will be needing. Here is to Victoria's Secret!!

Anabella~Welcome to our group. Good to get to know you.

Moonring~Welcome and congrats on your weight loss!

Earthshaker~Where are you?? I am missing you.

I am feeling a lot better today. The pain in my shoulder is much better. The numbness is gone from my fingers. I am ready to hit the exercise trail again. The hips and knees are still a bit achy, but I think I can do some light stuff today. Then increase a little every day until I am back to where I was last week. I miss not exercising. That is strange for me to say. I like stepping. I have got to get out in the garden and do some major weeding. They are taking over the plot. I will catch ya all later Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 08-14-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

You are right Enygirl, it is a lofty goal. I am willing to adjust it if becomes clear I can't make it though. I am going to be counting calories, making sure I get at least 40% of my calories out of protein. But after christmas I would love to go on the Sonoma diet! I have the book and it sound yummy and healthy. (but not exactly quick enough to reach my cristmas goal)

I am sure you will get through that 18* soon enough! And don't over think it, you have come so far already! I wish I was anywhere near that, and you should be very proud!
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #127  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Hi ladies (Just saw your post, Pat. It's so nice to be remembered. Thank you!)

My internet's been out for over a week, and I've tried to surf the site with my phone, but I just don't have the patience for it. My net's still out, incidentally, and the cable company doesn't know when it'll be back. Something about "line noise" and having to go through 50,000 lines or some such nonsense.

I want it back!

I feel so disconnected. I REALLY am missing 3fc and my Christmas chickies so much. I tried using my parents' dial-up, but it's rather hard to do when your father picks up the phone 5 times. I swear, he doesn't even talk on the phone unless someone gets on the computer. I got a call to check my email about a job I had applied for, so I came to the library.

And here I am.

Pat, I hate that you're in so much pain. Please, please, please take care of yourself!

MM: Good job on the presentations! Congratulations!

Eny: Stick with it. Hang in there. You're not allowed to give up! You've committed to breaking through that plateau, and you're going to do it. Just remember to keep breathing

Just a note on my progress. I've officially hit below 300 (298 as of my WI day), and I came down with a nasty cold the day it was "official." I wonder if it's related, heh. It was also the kick off for the marathon training. I haven't walked at all this week (can barely breathe), but did manage to do partial gym work outs, even if the girl at the gym lectured me in front of everyone about working too hard.

*sigh*

About to go take care of errands. Just wanted y'all to know that I'm thinking of you and "here" in spirit even if I can't be here as much as I'd like to. You guys are so awesome, and I'm so glad to be a part of this.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Earthshaker~Sorry to hear you have a nasty cold! C O N G R AT S ON your weight loss. That is so wonderful! Keep up the good work. Sorry about your internet problem. I am glad to hear from you. Hope they get it fixed soon!

Eny~Out of curiousity (Can't spell!) I checked out my bmi. I was pleasantly surprised to find it is 29.4. I am officially overweight. I never thought that would sound so sweet! I am not obese any more. Bless this support group for this one. You and I were just talking about bmi a few weeks ago. I spent 2 hours chopping down weeds in my garden weed patch. I am sore, but I am pleased. I found some major suprises out there! I have cherry tomatoes, pumpkins, corn and probably more as I work my way through the mess! YEAHAW! I had better get busy~~Catch ya all later Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Dixiemae! I can' t wait to be overweight! (never thought Id say that) It really does feel different once you cross that line, but 195 lbs is far of!
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #130  

Pat that's AWESOME! that is my Christmas goal! If only I had your height - I'd be SO much closer!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Eny, stupid scale, mine is stuck too. I've been working on getting into the low 140's for months!! Every time I almost get there, I sabotage myself. Not this time!! I am sticking with it.

Earthshaker, the 2's, and reprimanded for working too hard. Good for you. Hope your 'puter issues are fixed soon, we miss you!

Pat, into the overweight category, you rock!! Glad you found some veggies in there. I need to check out my weed patch too! Last night we had corn on the cob from my SIL garden (she sent a bag to swap for zuchini ) and then green peppers, banana peppers and summer squash from ours with dinner. Yum!
Still no beautiful red tomatoes though, lots and lots of green ones.

OK all, shout out to those I didn't name by name too, gotta get moving to get to work. I am on vacation next week ( a week off with no work and no school ) Have a great day.
We are worth all this work. I am gonna look so hot in my new Christmas clothes!! Who is with me?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #132  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Congratulations to all the loosers!

I, too, am looking forward to being "just" overweight and not obese (according to BMI). It'll be quite a while before I"m there. I did loose 1.6 lbs last week... feels great after a small gain last week. Last time I was at this weight was 10 years ago... how's that for a NSV?

WW at work starts Monday and I'm hoping that will help. I stopped drinking diet pop and the weight is really coming off, but I know that it will only be temporary and that I'll have to make more changes.

I'm on track to make my Christmas goal and maybe exceed it, which would be a first

Have a great weekend. It's the last weekend of summer... school starts for my daughters on Wednesday. Monday & Tuesday are dominated by volleyball tryouts. I've never heard of 2 day tryouts before. They have 6 hrs on Monday and after 2 hrs on Tuesday the teams will be determined. Apparently the last 2 hrs on Tuesday must be the first practice.
Slimmin Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #133  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillie View Post
Congrats Dixiemae! I can' t wait to be overweight! (never thought Id say that) It really does feel different once you cross that line, but 195 lbs is far of!
i laughed at this, cause I feel the same way. I never thought one of my goals would be to be overweight!

I've changed my cheat meal to Thursdays, cause the sodium was killing me the night before weigh in. So I hope it makes a difference!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #134  

Patty - that's an AWESOME NSV! I feel the same way. I'm not sure when the last time I was this light was. When I got married in 1999 I was at #192 - so it's been at least 9 years! I know that my first day of sophomore year of HS I was #173 (Aug. 1995) so THAT will be a COMPLETELY AWESOME NSV!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #135  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys,

This week has just been blah for me. I've been feeling tired all week. I think it's cause I've been teaching an extra class this week, but it still shouldn't have sapped me this much. Anyway, thinking I'm going to take a short nap/rest and then go do my couch 2 5k. And figure out what I'm having for dinner tonight. I need something cheap, easy, and low calorie. And tasty. Any ideas?
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote