Numbers Challenge: Weight Loss is a Numbers Game!!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • gg- im sorry you had a not so good day (

i went to worcester, mass on friday to see a concert, even though i had a lot of calories i did better than i thought and i used the gym at the hotel to jog 2 miles and went in the pool and did some doggy paddle laps(its the only way i can swim lol)

how is everyone doing today?
  • I have been knocked completely off course.

My kids leave in just over a week to spend the rest of the summer with their father and I'm a wreck. Our favorite summer activities center around the boat, which is still in the shop, and I feel like when my sons leave my summer is over. I'm panicking . . . trying to have fun, family time before they go.

My sons have always wanted to be awesome BBQ'ers. Yesterday we smoked ribs all day (which had marinated in a dry rub overnight) and had a fun BBQ before Nick went to work. We prepped a brisket last night and put it on at 6:30 am. We will have another BBQ this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow we'll float the river.

I would love to pack up and leave town but I Nick couldn't get the time off work because he didn't give enough notice. I'd like to go down to the theater and give them a piece of my mind, but he loves his job and they have agreed to hold it for him so he'll have a job in the fall. I will hold my tongue and temper.

I'm discouraged with my weight loss and I'm seriously going to re-evaluate my workout goal for next week. If I miss one day, which I think everybody needs a day-of-rest, I am okay. If I miss 2, it means working out over 3 hours a day to make up for it. It's overwhelming.

On the upside, I ran the other day. 4.3 miles!! I couldn't believe I went that far. I just zoned out on my stride and the stretch of road directly in front of me. My dog ran with me. It was nice.

I'm in the last days of TOM so I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow.

Congratulations to everybody that's on track. Shay - this means you, too!! Achieving your water goal is still achieving a goal!!

Take care. I'll check back later!!
  • Looks like I'm only going to make my exercise challenge. I went over too many days already and didn't get my 3 bottles of water in yesterday. I only have 311 cals left to burn and I haven't done my work out yet so I know I'll make that. I think I'll set the same goals next week and make myself be on track better this time. Grrr.....

We had a HUGE spur of the moment bbq last night with lots of people, food and drinks last night. I drank lite mike's which are about 100 cals a piece but still.....
  • i didnt make my goal but i was close ill try harder this week.
  • OK, I made 1 of 3 goals. Going to keep the 3 32oz bottles of water and the staying in cals 5 out of 7 days but I'm upping my cals burned to 2500. Keep your fingers crossed I can make it!
  • I didn't come anywhere close this week. I feel like I was very active, and I was crazy busy all week, but there was no organized cardio at all. I did a bunch of soul searching about my priorities. I always say that my weight loss is a priority, but when it comes down to it I don't behave like it is!

gg- I'm with you. I don't feel like my goal is that high, but it is going to take some major behavior modification to get there! Maybe I'll scale it back this week!

On the upside- I met Jerry from season 4 TBL yesterday! He was so kind and friendly, and very encouraging. He and his wife are in the middle of a bike ride across the United States. He said that the contestants of TBL exercise for 10 hours a day! I'm struggling with 30 minutes!
  • Congratulations Lynsey for achieving your exercise goal!! Whoo-Hooo!!!

Shay - You achieved your water goal!! I'm happy to give you a star for that!! Every little bit helps!!

Thank you, EVERYBODY, for taking part!!

I'm going to decrease my exercise goal to 3000 for this week. It's my last full week with my kids and I just want to have fun.

Okay everybody!! It's a fresh new week. Let's declare our goals and get going!!

Crissy - How exciting about your "audition." Is that what you'd call it?? When will you hear from them?
  • GOAL: average of 2000 cals and 300 minutes of cardio

7/14- 88 min cardio (40 bike 18 elliptical 30 walk) cals- 2017
    7/15- 30 min cardio (30 jog) cals-2270
    7/16- 30 min cardio (30 elliptical) cals-2965 (whoops, yes a bad day for food)
    7/17- 40 min cardio (40 bike) cals- 2065
    7/18- 30 min cardio (30 elliptical) cals-2063
    7/19- cals-2495
    7/20- 1510(i actually didnt have a lot of opportunity to eat today lol it was great ha)

average cals: 2197 cardio minutes:218
  • gg-Thanks I would really like that. How do I get it?

I better get back to work. My cable which includes my internet connection was down last night and still was this morning when I left for work so I've been distracted by 3FC for over an hour now and I still didn't visit everywhere I wanted to. Here's hoping cable is good to go when I get home tonight.
  • Week 3: 3 (32oz) bottles of water, 2500 cals burned, don't go over allowed cals at least 5 days.

July 14th: Water: 3+ Bottles
    Cals In: 96 Under
    Cals Burned: 434

July 15th: Water: 4+ Bottles
    Cals In: 73 Over...Damn that 90 cal sweet freedom sugar free ice cream bar!
    Cals Burned: 432

July 16th: Water: Only on my second bottle now so not sure I'll get in 3
    Cals In: No idea...sick today....
    Cals Burned: None...sick today....

July 17th: Water: 3 Bottles
    Cals In: 79 Over...AGAIN
    Cals Burned: 160

July 18th: Water: 1 Bottle
    Cals In: Over I ate at McDonalds AND Taco Bell
    Cals Burned: None..gone ALL day

July 19th: Water: Bottles
    Cals In:
    Cals Burned: 790...It took 1 hour 45 mins and I'm tired!

July 20th: Water: Bottles
    Cals In:
    Cals Burned:
  • Here we go again:

Goal:
    Water--64 oz daily
    Exercise--300 minutes

Monday
    Water--64 oz
    Exercise--Walk/Run Intervals--35 minutes
  • Looks like everybody is rockin' & rollin'!!

I'm just checking in. We are off to the mountains to pick berries!!
  • I'm not doing good this week. I can't stay under my cals. I know 70 some isn't a big deal...especially when I burn a ton too but it still feels like a failure.

Well, getting ready to go do a short video before I have to get my daughter from a bday party. Here's to hoping I can at least make that challenge again!
  • uh oh the only way to meet my calorie goal is to consume no more than 1300 cals for tommorrow and 1300 on sunday....i dont think i can do that especially since sunday my father is coming to town and he stresses me out! and ill want to eat......GRRRR!!!
  • Still not doing great. I guess next week I'll have to nix the exercise goal since I know I get my exercise in and just focus on the food!