Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Crissy - Bike ride . . . great choice!!! Working out always makes me feel thinner.

Enygirl - I'm about 8 pounds til I'm out of the 160's so it will be a tough goal for me but if I don't drink wine and keep working out, MAYBE I could hit 159.9 by 8/31. MAYBE. My DH looks at time without the kids as party time though so it may be tough. I'll have to talk him into biking to the party!

I have the same quilt on my machine I had 2 months ago. My mom made it. Quilting for my mom stresses me out because she's so picky and a complete perfectionist. It's a huge quilt. 106" square. And my mom does these funky 1/2" borders so there are lots of seam allowances so I break thread a lot. I need to finish it though . . . Maybe I'll deal with that next week.

Have you guys heard of the flylady? http://www.flylady.net She has an interesting system of keeping a house clean.

My legs and tush are pleasantly sore from my run yesterday. I planned on biking this morning but it's raining. I'll probably do a DVD later if it doesn't clear up.

Last edited by ggmugsy; 07-24-2008 at 10:50 AM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #92  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

gg--You are doing different things with your exercise routine so I think that may help you get to your goal.

gg & eny--Re cleaning: I'm working on decluttering my apt right now. My car needs the same treatment. I call it the traveling storage room. I've heard of the flylady in various places here on 3FC but I have not visited her site.

Crissy--You are going to drive yourself crazy nickel and diming yourself like that.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I have heard of Flylady and decided to sign up today. My sink is now shiny

I just walked to a friend's new house and back, 5.06 miles. It felt good, but next time I think i'm going to wait until it cools down more during the day.

Crissy - Fat Days SUCK! but good job choosing the bike over food! Don't worry so much about daily fluxs... keep working towards the goal and the weight will come off!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #94  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies, and if there are any gents too...

I would like to join your group, if you don't mind. I could use all the support I can get. I am on the black team with gg and she let me know about you all and so I thought I would pop on over!

I know I am a little late in the month, but maybe I can set a last minute goal? My goal is to attend water aerobics class twice before the month is out. This would be a big deal because I haven't been exercising much and also I am horribly embarrassed and self conscious about being seen in a bathing suit. So, if I could accomplish that goal this month, that would be great!

I look forward to getting to know you all...

Chris
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #95  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

ok so i feel like i have really fallen off the wagon here and am really struggling to get back on so far this month i have not done any exercising and i have have set a goal of 20 more pounds gone by mid Sept. the 21st to be exact. my wedding anniversary 6 years and 1 child later i am hoping to get back to the wedding weight finally. did i really bite off more than i can chew i did weigh in at 176 on saturday morning. which is only up 2 pounds which i think may have something to do with TOM last week. at least that is what ihope

Trooworld-- welcome it is never too late to join. that sounds like a great and acheivable goal.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #96  

Troo to our little group! We're fun and I'm glad GG's spreading the word! Remeber here it's not all about the weight loss - we realize that life is more then what you eat, and effects what you eat more then we'd like to admit at times! I COMPLETELY feel you on the swimsuit issue! The only time that I felt comfortable in one was when I was pregnant - In my mind I was "Supposed" to be big - so it was ok! I'm getting better though

Steph - I was wondering where on Earth you dropped off to! A goal of #20 by Mid Sept. isn't that far fetched. It's #2.4 a week. You're going to have to work like you never had before to do it - but you CAN do it! I'm part of a Bootcamp thread on here too - and I've been nominated to start August's thread. Maybe you should pop over and check it out. It has really kept me working towrds my goals.

As for me - TOM finally decided to show up this morning... been late then never, more correctly - better late then pregnant!!!! So he knocked me back #2 with water weight this morning. ugh... But as tight as my ring is today - i know that it'll come right back off. I'm going to work hard to LOSE while TOM is here! That'll be a challenge in itself!

I Also FINALLY got a good walk in yesterday - 5.1 miles. A friend just moved in to the neighborhood down the road, so i decided to go see the new house and get a good workout in at the same time! It was awesome! I walked a little slower then I'd like to - but it was 80+ degrees outside too! Tonight I'm doing a video since DD will be back home (FINALLY! ) and my pushups... my arms are really getting strong with those! It's AMAZING! Plus it's helping to get rid of the "Chicken Wings"

As for my Ultimate goal - I think that I'm going to set a date after Christmas. My goal for then is to be "overweight" - and that will put me #36.6 away from my ultimate goal - so we'll see.

Alright - I have to get some work done before the boss comes in. Also they are renegoitiating my raise today - so i need to be on my BEST behavior!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #97  
Future Wonder Woman

Thanks for the welcome guys. I appreciate it. Enygirl, I can't believe you walked so far in the heat, wow! You are dedicated. Good luck with your raise.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

CHRIS!!!! I'm SO GLAD to see you here!!! The gals in this thread are some of my favorite peeps on the planet!! You can say anything here and you will find only love and support!

Mrsaugie - Sweetie, I'm with you!! I've fallen!!! (More on this later . . .)

Enygirl - Go get that raise!!! You crack me up! I call mmy extra arm fat "bat wings!" I haven't dipped my toe into the pushup challenge yet. I want to get through the 5k first. A 5.1 mile walk is LONG. How long did it take you??

I've let my depression and discouragement get to me. I hit 168.8 on June 9th and I am STUCK. Over 6 weeks now at the hovering around the same freaking weight. I feel my body is betraying me.

I'm tired.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #99  

GG hang in there girly! push yourself an extra 15 mins a day, eat more protein.. something to get you through the hump!

I GOT MY RAISE!!! I've been fighting for over a month, and originally (you may remember) they gave me $1/hr. more.. while this is awesome, it was not a good represetative of the accomplishments that I have made in the last year, nor my responsibilities now. So as of today I got an additional $2/hr!

I think I might do the C25K too - but I'm not sure yet. It's hard for me to find 20-30 a day to go outside!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #100  
My Evolution

Welcome trooworld!

gg--You know I'm forever falling off the wagon when it comes to doing what I need to do so I feel ya!

eny--Good for you with the raise. In today's economy the difference between $1 and $2 is huge.

She's here! Meaning my fuschia nano! I will be good and not open it up until at the earliest midnight tonight. I can't wait!
Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

enygirl- WOOHOO! Way to stick with it, congrats on the raise!

trooworld- WELCOME!! This is a really great group, we take good care of each other!

gg & augie- I am SOOO with you right now. I had lunch with a friend today who likes to point out that I'm a dreamer- he likes to remind me of all of the things I say I'm going to do but then never do... I think that was just what I needed. I know I am not supposed to do this for other people, but I think the REASONS I need to shrink are good and healthy, and I am using him and everyone else that rolls their eyes at me to motivate myself to get over this hump once and for all! I can't wait to turn 30!!

shay- how's that de-cluttering going? Wanna tackle mine next? I am such a disorganized mess, and I have two weeks before I have to go back to school to figure it out. Oye!

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 07-25-2008 at 01:06 AM.
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #102  

OOH OOH _ Shay Do mine too!!! Actually I've decided to take the Fly Lady approach - but not to such extremes! I'm doing one thing a day to declutter my house. Right now we're doing the bedrooms, so last night I cleaned off and dusted my book case... tonight I'm doing my dresser. I am managing to keep my Kitchen sink clean, and it's getting contagious to the rest of my kitchen. there's no sense and having a clean sink if the counters are a mess.

TOM's water weight is gone this morning - along with #.2 #170's HERE I COME!!! I may may #170's my August goal... but I'm not sure yet. I hav eto do the math still based on where I end up on Thursday, and how on track I am for my Mid-Size goal at Christmas. I'm still on plan eating wise, but I'm having a hard time getting the exercise in... not that I don't have time, I'm just enjoying the lazy days of summer!

I have a meeting that I have to call in for at 2, so I'm going to do one of my 15 min workouts videos now and then do something tonight too. DD is doing my dishes right now. I LOVE the fact that house work is still fun to her! Ahh to be 6 again!

Last edited by Enygirl; 07-25-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #103  
Future Wonder Woman

Enygirl: I am glad you got your raise, and that's a good one. Things are so tough right now in this economy, I don't know what you drive but that's a tank or so of gas a week...that adds up!

Crissy: I love your avatar, that cat is so cute. I have a cat (and a dog...and a hubby, notice I put the dog before the hubby ).

gg: I am glad to be there and I hope you get out of your plateau soon...hang in there.

Boy it's hot right now! I am not going to water aerobics tomorrow because I have to do some work but I hope to go next Tuesday. That gives me some extra time to go buy a suit. Have a good day everyone!

Chris
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #104  

My official Monday Morning weigh in = #187.4! it's #1 down from last week - and that's DURING TOM!!! I'm happy. I'm sure that I'm not going to be able to hit my July goal by Thursday (#1.9 in 4 days??!) but I'm definately on target for my other goals! I'm thinking that I'm still going to make getting out of the #180's my August goal... I'm REALLY going to have to ramp up the exercise! Since I haven't been doing anything but my pushups lately... nothing on a regular basis that's for sure!

I want a treadmill! I would LOVE to be able to set it up downstairs and do the C25K program on it! It's SO hard to get outside for any length of time for me with DD. *sigh*

How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #105  
My Evolution

Well, I didn't get much done in the de-cluttering area. I was either downloading to my ipod or hanging out with my friend Mary on Sunday. So I decided to make a project list and go from there. What's funny is I am very organized at work and people are confused when they see my car. If they only knew about my apt !

Eny--Congrats on the WL!