3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Ultimate Goal Challenge--July (Month 8)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #46

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

gg- isn't it great? Biking makes me feel like a little kid again. My students that ride their bikes all whine about it. I tell them it's like taking naps- when you're a kid you hate it, and when you're a grown-up you wish someone would make you.

So, I seem to have inadvertently committed to riding in the MS-150 next summer. I use my weight loss track a lot as a metaphor for practicing with my band kids, and we were talking about setting goals at band camp yesterday. I told them about my 5 mile ride, and about how it would be impossible to just show up next year and meet my goal of completing the 150 without some kind of training. Somewhere in that it turned in to "when" I show up next year... oye! Better get moving!

I tore my office apart yesterday, so now I am going to go pick out some new paint. Have a great day everyone!

TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #47

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

HEY EVERYONE!!!

Good work all of you!! Everyone is doing fantastic!!!

Enygirl- Hang in there with your med. It taked a while to get adjusted. I have been working at getting stable for 6 months now. I am finally feeling great. I react normally to situations now. Hang in there!

gg- I love the bike too! How fun!

Everyone else!! HEY!

I am doing much better at my commitment. I slipped up on the weekend but I am down down #1 from last week. I have worked out 3 days in a row and set up some express training sessions with a trainer at my gym. I will do one a month and weigh in and review my program, I am so excited. I sat with him today and reviewed my current plan and he is going to help!! Day 3 for me of being OP.

"Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now"
"Stop....Think....Make a decision"

Last edited by Karrebeaar : 07-09-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling. DOH!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #48

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Crissy - The MS-150?? Oh my gosh!! MS - is that Multiple Sclerosis?? I'm assuming the 150 is 150 miles?? My niece has MS. They diagnosed her when she became pregnant in her early 20's. We just found out she's expecting another baby. I'm worried about her. Puts a lot of strain on the body. How exciting about painting your office. I need to paint. I just know it's a long process. Maybe better to do it when the kids are visiting their father . . . (sheepish grin & giggle.)

Karyn - After 18 months in this weight loss "thing," I have accepted that slip-ups are just part of the journey. Your trainer sounds wonderful. I stopped by a gym the other day and the guy was a jerk. I had such high hopes . . . Oh well . . . I'll just keep on keepin' on. I'd love to hear how your trainer helps motivate you and/or track your progress. Sounds GREAT!

I'm avoiding work at all costs by hanging out here on the net so I'd better get going!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #49

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm STILL on plan - despite the funk that I'm in! I've determined though I need to watch what I'm eating more. I've been doing a lot of cooking in my car and with my fingers lately - and that's not good! I'm still struggling with exercise though. I need to somehow get it back into the routine. I think part of it is I'm BORED with the videos I have at home - I've done them for MONTHS now! I need something to refresh me! I love taking walks - but even that isn't quite as much push as i need right now.

My check up went good yesterday. she was happy to see that I'd lost #5 since the last time I was there.

I know that I'm going in the right direction again - I just have to keep moving on!!! Girls stick with me!

Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #50

I'm here with you!! Have you tried biking?? lol!!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #51

I'm here too.

Have you tried walk run combo?? Do you have a park near by??? My girlfriend and I take our girls and do Park boot camp. have you looked inline for a circuit work out that you can do??Total Body Outdoor workout and workouts I have used some of these workouts to boot my motivation at the gym.

You are doing so well, you are motivating me to stay on plan!! Great job.

Last edited by Karrebeaar : 07-09-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #52
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 16/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Biking--I keep hearing that. One of the staff that I supervise just bought a bike and is talking about going on a bike ride today. She sounded excited. She was recently sick and the doctor told her to lose weight along with other things ie, cut down on the stress. She complained in the beginning about losing weight but she is doing well.

Eny--Like me you get bored easily. I definitely believe in having a ton of exercise accessories, equipment, videos/dvds. That way you have a lot of options. Taking a class or going to the gym may help because it is something different.

gg & Karyn--Trainers are very individual. I had a trainer that I loved, loved, and loved. She was a social worker where I worked a few years back. She was gentle but firm. She was the one that helped me reach goals that I never thought I would. Like running outdoors for 3 miles. She also help me to realize that I am strong. When I got my current job it was just hard to work her into the my schedule. She was a trainer at a community rec center. My other experience with a trainer was at Bally's. I almost quit after the first night. They are about money and trying to make you puke. He and I got along after that. I stopped paying for training sessions after they told me they were giving me a new trainer. Why? So I would pay more money. You pay based on their level. I am working on paying down my debt because I do want to become a homeowner eventually. I also realized bc I do well financially with debt I can do even better once I start paying stuff off. That will free up money for a trainer.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #53

Shay - I do get bored. Luckily I have found some great deals on videos on amazon and ebay. I'm waiting for my new Tae Bo DVDs to get here. If I can mix them up enough I don't get bored so easily. I wish I could go to the gym, but none of them around me have babysitting - and leaving a 6 year old home alone is just out of the question!

I've also realized I need to give up fast food! I just had dinner from McDonalds!!! and although I stayed with in my calories for the day - it's SO bad for me!!! IF ONLY I LIKED TO COOK!!! I need to learn to like it!

That's going to be my new NS challenge to myself - Give up fast food! If it has a drivethru - it's a no-no

I'm getting out of the funk though - slowly today. I'm doing a TON better this evening then I was this morning. I'm going to do my push ups here in a minute, and then go for a walk. Apparently Joe is going Disk golfing with the guys tonight, so it's just HUnter and I.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #54
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 16/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Eny--I love Amazon and e-bay for videos. I've gotten like my last 4 Taebo dvds from there. You said you got Amped right? Do you like it?
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #55

I don't know yet - It's not here yet That's the one that I bought the other day - and I'm waiting for it to get here. I'll let you know as soon as it is.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #56
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

alright so i felt the need to post this. this last weekend DH made a comment to me that i am looking alot slimmer and that it is becoming very noticeable. which right away made me feel great and like i was actually getting some where especially since weight wise i have not lost that much maybe 5 lbs. which means that i am definatly toning the lose muscle that i have. now my question is how do i keep it up and still start losing the weight that i want to to get to my goal by hopefully the end of the year (or at least have it in sight.). any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. as far as a plan i am eating until i am no longer hungry and that has worked very well for me. i do know that there are days where i will eat a lot more and days that i will eat a lot less for various reasons.

on a side note i have gotten the courage up to weigh myself tomorrow morning. (i weigh in in the morning so that is when i will do it) i will let you know how it goes sometime tomorrow.

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. ~ Vince Lombardi

mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #57

You could try eating like this:

3 servings of :Veggie, fruit, protein and 2 servings of carbs a day. 200 extra calories ie:condiments etc.

Sample day:

Breakfast
1/2 protein -yogurt
Oatmeal- Carb
Fruit

Snack
Cheese stick-1/2 protein
Fruit

Lunch
Vegg- lettuce, tomato all the veggies you like
carb- pita
1/2 protein- 4 oz turkey
Fat free mayo

Snack
1/2 protein- 25 almonds
Fruit

Dinner
6 oz steak-protein
Unlimited veggies.
1/2 baked sweet potatoe

You can eat as much veg as you like.

This is what I am for every day- I try to stay at around 1500 calories a day.

My 2 cents!! LOL

Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #58

Aug- If the eating plan is working for you - stick with it. The key is to burn more calories then you're taking in. I'm not saying you have to start counting calories, but on days when you eat more - exercise a little more - at least make sure you do something that makes you sweat (eww) for an 1/2 hour or so. That will make sure that you're burning those extra calories. What is helping me a TON is counting cals taken in AND burnt through activity. Remember that you will burn about 60% of your intake just by everyday things like breathing, walking around the house/office, working etc. It's burning more then the other 40% that will get your weight off!

As for me - I'm starting over with day one today. I did good up until about 10 last night and then I had DBF get me a sandwhich from Jimmy Johns. *sigh* It could have been a lot worse I suppose... but it was still an extra 462 calories over limit. Just moving forard though. I NEVER want to see the #190's AGAIN! (although right now I know I'll flux back into them - but I have to keep pushing to get the #DOWN!)

Shay - Good job maintaining. that's tough enough!

GG - how are things on your end?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #59

Everybody sounds like they're doing well!

Enygirl - Good attitude. Got right back on the horse!

I get bored easily, too, so I have a TON of workout dvd's. When the weather is nice, I prefer to do something outside. I have bought used FIRM dvd's at amazon.com and been thrilled with the price and the product. I'm a tightwad and if I can pick up something used, I do!

mrsaugie - How wonderful DH noticed!! I'm with Enygirl on this. I think adding some exercise is the easiest way to keep on track. When I exercise, I eat better. Not sure why, but very consistently, I'm more careful about my food choices if I've walked or something. There have been a lot of studies out lately that say even 10 or 15 minutes a day help.

I signed up to do the 3FC 5k in August. I used to run when my kids were babies, but I've never done an official 5k or anything. I jogged last night as part of my workout. I'm going to clock how far it was and I'll let you know. I was watching my HRM and when I hit 250 I was going to turn around and jog back home, but a little voice said, "There's NO WAY you can make it back that far." I'm angry I let that little voice stop me. (I'd felt some pain in my shins so I walked home.) I'm going to clock a course where I don't have to turn around to get home . . . I think I need to just keep going FORWARD to trick my mind into thinking I'm not really running THAT FAR.

I'm loving biking. It gets my heart rate up quickly and keeps it there, particularly if there are hills.

Still haven't done the pushups. Somebody get over here and kick me!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #60

GG - consider the butt kicking DONE! I'm LOVING seeing some definition in my arms! It's amazing! And I'm only 1/2 way done with week 2!!!

My sister has the firm - and she likes them - but never uses them. I tried one once when I was at my heaviest and I just couldn't do it. I should try them again now that I'm a little more in shape. I'm loving my Tae Bo though - I'm just bored with the same video I have. I can't wait until my new ones get here!!!

I'm going to do the 3FC 5K too - but I'm wogging it. I'm going to attempt to start jogging more and more... After about 1 min right now I feel like I'm going to DIE! I'd love to be able to get to 10 mins by Labor Day! I need to work that in more! Thanks for the inspiration GG.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.