Old 07-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Shay - I love your new pic!! I agree with you . . . I haven't started the pushup challenge because the number 100 kinda overwhelms me. I didn't print it out, but I saved it to my computer. Maybe I'll start it after the 4th.

Enygirl - I woke up today wanting to drop out of the numbers challenge, too!! LOL! I'm tired and discouraged. I've been at the same weight now for over a month. Every single day it takes me longer to burn the same amount of calories than the day before. I know I'm getting fitter, and that's a good thing, but I really miss the days I used to be able to burn 400 calories in an hour.

mrsaugie - You're kicking!! RIGHT ON!!

Karyn - Yoga . . . I need yoga. Good for you sending those darned treats to work with DH!!

For my alcohol avoidance I've fallen in love with virgin bloody marys. SPICY. With horseradish, tobasco & worcestershire. Little bit of lime juice if I have a lime. YUM. Makes me totally feel like I'm having a decadent cocktail. 1 3/4 cups is only 1 point!! I'm going to bring the fixings with me to 4th of July and to the wedding reception tonight. My goal is to try to get through with only a glass of champagne tonight and NO alcohol on the 4th.

Gotta keep moving! I have a lot of food still to prepare!!!

Love to you all!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I know that 100 sounds like a lot, but when you break it into 6 weeks, and steadily go more and more it's not so bad. I did 39 yesterday, and it was only day 2 of week 1 for me. I just KNOW that I need the upper body strength - and push ups are a GREAT conditioning exercise. Maybe as I burn all the fat off and get lighter they'll get easier too - DOUBLE REWARD!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #18  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

gg--One of the ladies on the IE thread told me what to do to access different avatars besides the 3FC ones so when I get bored I will be changing mine every so often.

Eny--I'm still thinking about the pushups. I may start it next week.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #19  

Hey girls - when is TBL - Just beachy challenge over? I want to join the next one - but I don't want to miss the sign up!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #20  
My Evolution

Eny--August 9th, I believe. The next one will start when the season does in September. Look out for signups end of August. We will take care of you. Once we know we will let you know!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

gg- good for you for planning ahead with your virgin beverage!!

I am doing well in to Day 3 of eating OP. I never did mange to do yoga so I am going to do it tonight. I was in emerge with my Daughter again. She pulled a muscle in her hip, she is just to busy!!

I missed the push up thing can you point me in the direction???
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls! Way to go on all of the victories! I can't believe you are all talking PUSH-UPS- I am such a wimp, it makes my arms hurt to think about it.

I have to admit that I have been avoiding the boards for the week. I stuck my head in the sand again. I got stuck on the question of June victories, and my initial thought was that I didn't have any. BUT, a funny thing happens when your head is stuck in the sand and you can't breathe! I had an ah-ha moment. So here is my June victory:

(Dr. Phil would be so proud!) After several years of not believing that I am an emotional eater, I totally busted myself June 30th! (Thank goodness it wasn't July 1st, or June would have been a complete wash!) I eat when I am stressed, and I am mostly stressed about money. I took a 2 hour drive, thought about my finances the entire way, and downed a starbucks, a bag of peanuts, and a bag of peachios (which I discovered I don't even LIKE after my big moment... ) on the way back. This is when I started thinking- I would never take the time to go into the gas station to buy crap unless I really didn't want to think about whatever was rattling around in my head. So I let it rattle, and realized the ugly little cycle I'm in. When I eat badly, I feel frumpy and ugly, so I shop to reinvent myself and make myself feel better. Which works GREAT, until I get the bill. And then I stress about money, and the cycle continues.

So, Here is my July goal: I am going to sit in my own stinky financial mess, and just own it. I am going to allow myself to feel disappointed and worried and depressed, and actually acknowledge my situation rather than hide from it. I am going to make a plan and work at it, rather than hide from it at McDonalds.

And then I am going to get off my a$$ and go to the gym! The membership is paid for, it's essentially free. This is just silly that I don't go daily! So, 5 lbs backwards, I am going to get moving forward... AGAIN!

GG- I want a darn star! I am going to make up for it this weekend, if it kills me!

Sorry for the long rant...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #23  
My Evolution

Karyn--Here is the link to the thread for the pushup challenge. The first post has the link to the website.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144300

TTTA--Please don't apologize. We are here for you! Rant all you want! Self awareness is a wonderful thing isn't it?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #24  
My Evolution

Oh yeah, I decided to do the push up challenge. I will do the test today and start tomorrow. I will come back and report my initial test results here. I need to decide if I want to do full or girlie pushups.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #25  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Is it too late to join you guys?....

my goal for July is to loose more than i did in June (8lbs)....
going to try and stay binge free....
and completely focused on healthy food....
and up the energy i put into work outs....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #26  

Sh3 - this is the ultimate challenge - it's never to late to join! Come often! How awesome to be #10 away from your ultimate goal!

TTTA - GREAT JOB ON THE BREaK THROUGH! It's awesome when we make ourselves aware of what's going on! And I comepletely understand. I'm not only an emotional eater, but an emotional spender! I never have more then $100 in savings - which makes it REALLY tough when I want to be saving for a house! I'm getting better now that I'm on something to help control the extreme emotions. And like Shay said - NEVER apologise - that's why we're here! KEEP YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND AND KEEP COMING IN HERE!!!

Shay - I'm glad you're joining the challenge. I'm gaining strength quickly. I actually think that I saw a little bicep definition yesterday, and it was only week 1 day 3.

Ok girls - I have to finish up the house and go grocery shopping for the cookout. I'm SO far behind! Ugh!

. &

Last edited by Enygirl; 07-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! Happy weekend. Just got home from garage saleing, I got some great things for my daughter. I love a bargin. Feeds my shopping habit with out breaking the bank!!

I am on Day 4 of eating OP. I am going to start adding the exercise part of my goal in next week. One baby step at a time. Eating has been great for 4 days. My starting weight was 177.8 on July 2 My goal is to be 173 by August 1 2008.

TTTA- Congrats on the break through.

Sh3- welcome. I am relatively new also. You will love the support you get here!

Have a great day everyone
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Sh3l5!!! Tell us a little about you!!

Crissy - This is a huge breakthrough!! I'm SO PROUD of you!! I had a spending problem when I was younger. I totally hit rock bottom. Ended up driving a Honda Aero 50 scooter around for a YEAR in Idaho. That means through rain and snow. It was a very hard year, but I pulled myself out and you can, too!! We're here for you, no matter the issue so rant away!!!

Shay - If you're doing pushups then I will, too! I'll start tomorrow. (Sunday.)

Karre - Sounds like you're doing great!

I didn't do as well as I'd hoped avoiding alcohol, but I did a lot better than I would have done last month. There's something about my mother that drives me straight into a bottle of wine!!! Been working out hard, and DH bought me a new bike today! My last one is 20 years old and I can only use 6 of the 15 gears, and 3 of them were not reliable.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #29  

gg - mom's can be like that! I know mine can be as well - and then I hear a lecture on how "she never drinks" - unfortunately we can't all hit 25 and become perfect.

I did AWESOME today! I had the cookout - a TON of food - BUT I STUCK TO PLAN! I had a total of 1333 cals today - and A TON of fun! The UFC fights tonight were AWESOME! ( Forrest Griffin!) Now I'm officially beat! I'm going to bed and will check you all tomorrow! I think today was day 17 on plan - I'll check tomorrow and let y'all know

Goodnighte!

Last edited by Enygirl; 07-06-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #30  
My Evolution

Welcome sh315!

gg--I did the initial test yesterday for the pushups.
regular--5 pushups
girlie--15 pushups
So I will do 6 weeks of girlie pushups and then follow up with 6 weeks of regular pushups.

Eny-So Forrest Griffin won, huh! I won't say I love watching UFC but I like it. The show Ultimate Fighter got me watching it. I love looking at those bodies too !