July 2008 Bootcamp challenge!

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Great job everyone!

Darby, 2lbs is great. You said you were feeling blah. Just give yourself a push back into it. You can do this! Think of how good you'll look and feel once you rededicate yourself.

McKenziesmomma, (we need a nickname for you, that's too hard to type out LOL) 6 lbs is incredible! You're my inspiration with all the exercise you've gotten in.

Eny, 2lbs. lost Wahoo! I love your posts and how you cheer everyone else on. What a great energy you have! You're definitely on you way to that MP# player.

Horsey, glad you are feeling better. Way to show some will power when you went out to eat. Those situations can really throw healthy eating off and you came out on top. Great job on the decluttering. That's my other goal too and it feels so great to get a room done.

Jacqu, don't be too hard on yourself. It is very difficult to eat healthy when you are out of your home territory and around family. We had company all weekend and I had slip ups that I never have when it's just my little gang. Try to eat healthy for the majority of time you're there. Good job with your water and food so far.
  • Lene - most people on here just type "Momma"

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wN3X5sB/]
  • Got up at 5:30 this AM and did my couch to 5K. I'm on week 4 so it was two 3 minute runs and two 5 minute runs, plus two 5 minute brisk walks ect. I'm so happy that I'm sticking with it. I hear runners say how their addicted to running, well I'm so not. I want to do this to finish what I started and hopefully learn to love it. I'd like to do a 5K run for Lupus as my final goal. My Mom has Lupus so that really inspires me to get it done. My brother said he would sponsor me $100 if I complete it. I have a lot of other friends/family who I know will sponsor me as well. I just have to do it.

Good luck to everyone today! I'm off to eat b-fast and drink some water
  • Lene - good job sticking with your goal! I'm still trying to learn to love exercise in general... it's not working out so well. Everytime I start a video I'm always thinking "only --- minutes left" - horrible isn't it? But I do LOVE the way that my body is starting to change as a result of it. I'm starting to see definition in my biceps, and a little bit of calf muscle. my Abs are stronger then ever, and I can feel them...so it's paying off If only I coudl get the thick layer of fat to go away I'd be BUFF!

Well girls - I need to try to get out of my funk that I'm intoday and get some work done. I'll check in later.
  • Lene - that sounds awesome!!! I want to be able to run too....I think I'm gonna wait until I lose some more weight though....I am so heavy I am afraid running will hurt my knees ....I also don't want to get slapped in the face with my fat...LOL....and my clothes fall off and trust me they aren't too big...its just with all the fat jiggling they eventually fall right off...LOL

But I think its great that your doing that with your mother as your inspiration!!! She will be so proud of you!

Eny - Its great that you are seeing such wonderful results. I'm so happy for you!!! I can't wait to be there with you! I know it won't be too much longer! And if you keep up at the rate your going that "layer of fat" will be gone and all that will be left is a lean mean cut machine...LOL

• I've been in a slump the last two days. I let it get to me yesterday and didn't work out.. I'm NOT letting it get me 2 days in a row!!! I'm going to do my pushups and then go for a nice long walk!! I HAVE TO KEEP MOVING!

How's everyone else doing? Are you still burning those cals? toning those muscles? Eating those veggies??? How ar eyou doing on obtaining your July goal??? COME ON GIRLS - LET'S DO THIS!!!!
  • I'm starting to hit a bit of a slump...I can't figure out why??? I'm still good on food...I'm not craving anything...I feel very satisfied. I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" at all. I have 1500 or less calories a day...I get to eat chocolate, I get to eat chips....I find a way to have whatever I want.

I still exercised today too....but I didn't walk because I had class tonight....I did 20 minutes of 30 day shred and 25 minutes of Tae Bo!

I don't know I set out losing weight to lose at least 3 lbs a week. My first couple of weeks I have lost like 11 lbs. I know that this quick loss is fixing to slow down....I should be okay with it....right?? after all I only set out for 3 lbs a week. I guess when it all started coming off sooo fast I just got sooo excited....

Its okay! I've lost 12 lbs total and I'm not putting it back on! I'm going to stick with it.....I will get through this funk!
  • I'm in!!!!:p
    yep i'm definetly gonna go for it!!! I;m really motivated!! today is day 4 and im goin well although honestly it is starting to get a little bit more difficult, but im gonna stay in there!! Ok so I am currently starting at 156 pounds and my goal is 125 pounds!! my first weigh in is on sunday so keep your fingers crossed for me!! i exercise everyday and train with weights 3 times a week and judging by my stiff muscles, somethings gotta be workin, right!!
  • Cee Cee - Good job sticking with it! I know its hard....for me it did seem to get harder for a while cause I was sore from my initial workout...its always hard to work out when you are sore...LOL....but I stuck with it and I can tell its getting easier...I've lost 12 lbs so far....I know its a stretch but I feel like I have lost inches....I already feel smaller!!! You'll get to where you wanna be....just remember how you feel now! On those days when you don't feel so motivated....come back here and read your posts....vent a little bit....and then go work out even though you don't want to!! You will be glad you did!!!

• Eny, good luck getting motivated again. Did you do your push-ups?

Momma, great job on the 12lb. loss! You may feel like your in a slump but you are still doing all the good things you are supposed to.

Cee Cee, Yay for you for being on track the last 4 days!

So the scoop on me: I have been getting my exercise in and eating well. I did start to journal my food and exercise. It really makes me think about what I'm going to eat.

Horsey, Darby and Jacqu: Where are you????
  • Hey all, had relatives in town for a week, busy, didn't cheat except one time (eating wise). How's everyone doing? Looks like some slimming down is going on here! Sorry to not check in here...
  • I'm back on track after my slump. I did a 3.6 mile walk yesterday. It was VERY nice! I walked about 3.5 MPH - I want to speed that up a bit, but it's going to take a little bit of time. I also want yo start incorporating some jogging into it... although I go about 1 min jogging and feel like I'm going to DIE!

My pushups are going really good - I did 50 (total) on Wednesday, and I'll do them again tonight. I'm still waiting for my new tae bo DVDs to show up... hopefully they'll be here before the weekend!

I'm still weighing in every other day - it's really helping me to see the natural flux in my weight - and I know that TOM will be here next week, so I'm gearing up for that as well. I'm going to do some tae bo tonight too. Since DD is gone for a week, I want to push myself and lose #2 while she's gone. It'll help me be more comfortable in the #180s - and I won't flux back into the #190s anymore!
  • I'm here; sorry I've been MIA for a while. I'm doing well with food, but not so good with exercise. I tweaked my back a bit and haven't done any exercise.

Sounds like you all are doing well! Good job on all the losses and maintenance!
  • Darby THIS IS BOOT CAMP SOILDER! You gotta work! You gotta WANT IT! You gotta get out of your slump and MOVE YOUR LUMP! sorry.. that's about as good as a drill sargent as I can be I hope everything's ok - your post wasn't as peppy as usual... everything ok? Take care of that back!
  • Hi Horsey and Darby!
    Darby, I hope your back is better soon. Mine was bothering me yesterday but today not as much.
    Eny, good job getting back on track. You go with your bad self. Also, I wasn't buying the whole drill sargent thing. You're just too nice to scare us.

Okay, on to business. I just ate a horribly unhealthy mexican lunch, including fried ice cream. (I shared with the baby but I didn't want to) So here I sit feeling ill and gross. I ate so perfect all week and I blew it today.
    Could someone please save me from myself????

Hope everyone is having a better day! Remember, just say "NO" to fried ice cream.