Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default W.O.W July 4th Smackdown to Fat Freedom ~ Week 4!

Welcome to Week 4 everyone!

The time is just flying by huh?

Aud
& Jeni ~ Thank you.

Nix
~ I'm so sorry about your loss.

HT ~ I tried to post a comment on your Myspace but my damn computer was going to slow. Sorry to hear about your back.

Grazer ~ No problem!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:28 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi ya! Shari, thanks for starting the thread.
So today is Monday? okay good. decided yesterday I have to go buy some new jeans and shirts for work. I'm to cheap to buy things for myself (kid,s then DH, then the animals, then myself). So next weekend I am going to get myself some new clothes. Almost all of the pants I have are a size or two to big and are now starting to look really bad when I wear them. Shirts are too big too. Ive always worn oversized shirts, now they are WAY to big. (There that is my Monday NSV).

W 64
E 1200
Eextra laps
D work hard, move lots, stay on plan
Old 06-23-2008, 06:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I have decided to leave 3FC for a while. I think I am doing worse with it than without at this point. Good luck to all of you!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I didn't make it here yesterday, unusual for me. I was trying to remember all the things I wanted to say to people but think I'll just start out fresh today. My big NSV is going to be my increased jogging capacity. I went .7/mile at one stretch yesterday. I am jogging more than walking. YEAH!!! It doesn't hurt when the mosquitos are attacking you. Makes a person go faster and further. YIKES!!!

Shari- Thanks once again for getting us started. Sorry to hear about the sadness in your life.

Jcat- Yeah!! Go get yourself some cute new clothes. You deserve it. Once I started buying some things I've found it hard to stop. I will not buy anything new until I'm at 200. Promise?

MM- I am sorry to hear that you are leaving us. Wish it wasn't true. I hope you achieve your goals and can come back and flaunt it.

I'll check in later to see what everyones up to.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- Thanks for getting us started

JCat- enjoy the shopping. You deserve it!

MM- disappointed to hear that you are leaving us. I hope you come back before too long.

MTig- WTG on the jogging!

WEED is good so far!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Oh momMavis - I've felt like that b4 too . . . so glad you let us know and didn't just vanish! Hope you'll pop back in when you can GF & All The Best to you - will miss your Posts!

I'm doing just awful gals . . . I've reacted to stress at work & my shift & with my health so negatively/predictably - overeating comfort foods. Soooo tired of the cycle - but am I tired enuf to ummm, STOP IT?

We shall see.

Wish Nchelle would show up and give me a good SMACKDOWN to rally me on this Monday!

Have really been inspired by your successes jcat - I'm gonna walk some laps tonight at my plant tonight in your honor! No matter what. No matter how many folks try to stop me on the way with "Hey aud - got a minute?"

Nope, I don't -just gonna keep on going!

There's GOT to be some kind of perk for getting re-elected, eh?

W: Have scaled waaaay back - fluid retention pill has me going constantly - time to work my way back up - 64 oz tonite.

E: Walk Walk Walk

E: OP - cutting out the eating after work.

D: Will be looking for a NSV - haven't found one yet today.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #7  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Hey Weedettes.

HT - Be careful with your back, so sorry you're in pain

aud - I feel you on the work/life balance stuff. When you're walking at work, why not just ask the people who want to stop you to come along on your walk and talk with you that way? Kill two birds with one stone, as it were. Plus it's a little bit of healthy for them, too.

Mindy - Good work on the jogging.

jcat - New clothes, woohoo! I'm looking forward to buying some...sometime. But I ain't planning it until I'm actually down a size (which will probably be a while). You'll have to tell us all about the cute things you get so we can live vicariously through you.

Shari - Sounds like things are a bummer for you right now.

Me today -

At work, bored-ish. But that's normal. Kids are fine, husband is fine, it was a good (way too short, way too hot) weekend of swimming, movie night out, farmer's market, more swimming, and a library visit. I'm doing pretty good on eating and water, not great on exercise in general--but honestly I don't care. It's too dang hot, and I'm not perfect, and that's OK with me. I lost 2 pounds this last week, after remembering that I just can't afford to have a ton of fruit or grains in my diet--it flips my body back into insulin resistance and I don't lose.

W - 80ish oz.
E - South Beach / Superfoods / NO SUGAR.
E - NEAT at my desk, at least 60 mins...but I can probably make it to 2 hours or more if I try and don't give in to laziness.
D - This journey is so long. But, I only have to work it one day at a time, and I'll get there.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

WM you having any issues with the smoke? I'm at ground zero pretty much at the solano/napa county line. It's horrible out here today, i've never seen anything worse than what we've got right now.

i stepped on the scale today. it wasnt my friend, but it could've been worse. I can't wait til we're completely moved in. I'm walking on the treadmill every dang day. this is getting ridiculous. i gotta do something about the weight!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

HT, yes, the smoke is pretty bad where I work--which is not terribly far from the Mendocino County line, so I suspect a lot of the smoke is drifting south to us from there. I'm not personally having issues because I'm inside in an air-conditioned building, but I imagine it's pretty miserable for people out working in the vineyards It's still so smoky here that it's hard to see the valley hills, which are only about a mile or so away. Probably will be pretty bad all week, I'm hearing that a lot of the Mendo fires they aren't even started fighting yet, what with everyone being deployed to protect homes in Napa/Solano.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll! I DID IT! I started YESTERDAY...Sunday!

Ate perfectly on plan all day, and took the kids to the zoo, walked for two hours, then it started storming, and the zoo people made us stay in the indoor thing for another hour and a half (I hear a tornado was looming!) So I was on my feet all day, really, then couldn't figure out why my hips and back were so sore that night....DUHhhh, you aren't used to being ACTIVE again! It was a surprise feeling sore from not-exercising.

Shari, I've been thinking about you and all your recent tragedies. I cannot imagine how you stay so committed to your own struggles when all that happens around you. You truly are one of the strongest gals I 'know'. Congrats on the new job too BTW! You deserve it!

Jeni-AWESOME for needing new clothes! Isn't it the strangest thing, those clothes you would think you looked so cute in back then, now they look ridiculously BIG on you? My gym clothes still look like that but they're comfortable! So proud of you. You prove that we still lose inches even if we're the same number on that darn scale. That running is really paying off girl! Keep it up! You are an exercise MACHINE. I bet you're having a blast this summer with the kids, trying not to think of kindergarten this fall, aren't ya!?

Nix, how are ya doing? So sorry about your dog. Such a devastating loss. I wish you strength, you really did do the right thing by him. Let us know how you're doing. We'll be here for ya. Let us know how the interview went too, k?

MMavis, (and Aud) I've felt that way before too! Especially if I find myself involved in too many threads, challenges, or just feel over-committed to this site. But I hope you'll pop in now and then. We're still your friends either way, right!? I can understand the need for change, if you feel you're not successful this way. But don't be gone long, ok?

Mindy, you are just my inspiration right now!!! We've seen you struggle through, and look at you now, you are BLOSSOMED! Running almost a whole mile at one stretch?! And have you noticed how CLOSE you are to Onederland?! Whatta gal! I'm PROUD of you m'darlin! I just need to sing "eye of the Mtiger" to get myself where you are, girl.

Hi Grazer, glad to see you're still slugging it out with us, sounds like you're doing really well.

WarMaiden, we're posting at the same time!! I didn't know anything about the smoke around you and HolyT! I hope you both and your families and homes are safe! Oh and WM, can you remind me what NEAT is again? I'm too lazy to go back to the older threads, LOL...I remember it having to do with burning calories doing everyday activities...? I LOVE the farmer's market! But ours is only on Saturday mornings, 8-11 ish. Sounds like a fun weekend though. It rained all weekend here, so no swimming for us.

HolyT, how is the hubby feeling? Don't you LOVE the new house feeling, like you're on vacation!? I hope you feel that for a LONG time. In fact I've been at my 'new' house for three years now and it still feels like a bed-n-breakfast still now and then, especially sitting on the deck or opening all the windows. Take care of that back, missy. Back injuries come back to haunt us all through our lives. Have you tried those adhesive back heating things? (losing the brand name at the moment!? Wait, Thermacare, they also make heaty things for your belly when you have cramps) I used to use them for my back at work, they really stay warm a LONG time. Did you put pics of your new house up on your Myspace yet? PS, good for you for pounding it out on the treadmill!!!! Whatta gal!

Aud, you KNOW I saved you for last! Here it comes, that butt-kickin you requested! Let's get on with it! I NEED YOU to be on plan! What are we going to do?!!! You do your extra laps around the plant tonight, and I'll do the steps at least once. (remember I work on the SIXTH floor?) Let's see, I'll do them around 2 am, so you 'meet me' at 2am, think of me, and we'll do our extra exercise. I'll do my walking lunges after that. So you-and-me, 2 am. Tonight. (Of course any of the rest of you are welcome to get up and exercise around 2 am, but I imagine most of you will be in bed!) I was glad to hear your CHF tests came back okay. whew! No more heart scares, ok? Let's get back on track. Just this week. One day at a time. Just today, just tomorrow, just this week. Then we'll re-evaluate. One more week, etc. But for now, let's just GET ER DONE today. I'll be thinking of you at 2 am. Unless I'm doing a code-blue, LOL.

Went to the GYN today, says I just need to come back for a different kind of ultrasound and maybe a biopsy. Didn't sound too concerned though. Says there is a small 'mass' in my uterus but that could mean anything. Will keep ya'll posted.

Wow it's almost 5:30 already? Better get dinner on the table and off to work. Love you all....oh and this post is my NSV for today. xoxoxoo Michelle
Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

WEEDin' away here in Grazieville. Maybe overate a little at Dinner but no biggie. My NSV for the day is wearing a skirt I haven't worn since forever.
WTG on the NSVs!!!

Tomorrow's WEED:

W- drink more
E- mindful
E- something- pilates maybe?
D- sharing that positive energy I'm feelin' with you all!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #12  
aka Sarah

Nchelle - Yeah, there are about 100 wildfires burning (I'm not kidding, that's the estimated number), covering 7600 acres in a 3-county area near HT and myself in Northern California at the moment, started by lightning strikes. Most of them are out of control at the moment, and the fire folk are not happy that fire season is starting so big, so early :/

NEAT stands for "Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis" and just means all the stuff we do to get up and move that isn't formal "exercise." Researchers at the Mayo Clinic think this kind of activity is genetically coded, and is a more important contributor to leanness or obesity than real "exercise" is. (Standing and bouncing to music while working at my desk probably burns about 100 calories per hour.) So I'm trying to do 2 hours at my desk every day, hopefully working toward more, eventually.

Good work on sticking to plan!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #13  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Ladies!

So glad its Monday and I am off to a fresh start! Thanks again for everything! And I am DOWN 3 lbs (total stressland fluke I'm sure)

Shari - When it rains it flippin pours, doesn't it. My thoughts are with you and lots of .

MMavis - I quadruple the feeling of maybe be too addicted to the threads and not quite so addicted to the exercise. I wish you big positive changes and hope you do pop in to update us!

Nchellie - Fantastic on not waiting till Monday to start! You are a trooper! Aud better watch what she asks for cuz you're on fire at the moment!

MTiger - my fellow weeding parent of an adult son showing me that it is possible to be completely stressed out and still kick it in for NSV's and a sliding scale. I am so proud of you, and still taping in to your motivation when I want to waver! You were in my head 2 x's already today!

JCat - a late report, but Disneyland was good. Look forward to going back again soon, and getting the chocolate covered banana that I passed up! And congrats on the well earned shopping spree! I just had a rush of endorphins even thinking about restocking a closet!!!

Grazer, Warmaiden and HT - just realized I have to get ready to leave work but will hit more personals later!

To all - my DS supposedly did well at his interview and was told he would be getting a 2nd interview. Still waiting

Have a good evening girlies!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well you guys have been busy today. I went to the store and picked up a few things, including bug spray. Damn mosquitos. I also got a new exercise shirt and a clearance top, cute! I wasn't going to do that but I had a gift card for my BD. Now that I have bug spray, it is downpouring. I'll have to work out inside tonight.

War- Cal always gets those wildfires doesn't it? It is scary stuff. As I'm typing I am trying to tap my feet. Is that NEAT?

Grazer- keep a weedin'. I'm with ya.

Michelle- Busy day. Good for you gettin on the wagon. Wish i could bring you along with me and give you some of my drive. I am just determined to make it to my goal. And trust me, I know exactly how close I am to wonderland.

Aud- Don't you dare give up on this. I know you are spunky and probably bull headed. You too can beat this thing. Hey when I get up at 2am to pee, I'll take a little honorary jog around the house for you 2.

Devotion for the day- Positive thinking works better than worrying. (Women's World Mag)
Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

W! O! W! made it through All those posts!! Feeling AWSOME!! We can not let This week die down. Its monday, a new week lets keep up the momentum!!!!!

MM~ We will miss you so much. Please pop in every once in a while to let us WEEDers now how you are. You have been a great inspiration to all of us.

HT and WM Take care of yourselves, now I am going to worry about you. Wildfire season scares me so much.

Grazer!!! I love that NSV!!! I love wearing clothes I haven't in a while. It feels so good.

Mindy~~I am so excited that you are running! You are doing awsome, but wear some mosquito repellent no west nile virus here, ok? (you posted your note while I was busy typing)

Aud, I hope you get in your extra laps, I know it has helped me at least maintain my current weight.

Michelle, You are so full of the right energy, lets bottle it up and share some. then keep it going especially when we dont want too. As for summer? well we are still barely in the 60's on a nice day (most are about 55). We haven't had much of a chance to do anything since my 10 day stretch of work, Maks double ear infection/sinus infection; babysitting my sisters 4 kids, my two younger sisters and my other sisters 1 kid. And June is already almost over.

Makenna turns 5 next monday (I am still in complete denial). We were going to have a swimming pool party at the Y but guess what. the pool is drained for yearly maintenance. until the 30th. SO we will wait untill the 13th of july. she is dead set on a pool party the little stinker. Since the weather is getting nicer, DH and I moved the kids out of the room (save on the heating bill by about 125 bucks) finally. But now Tommy is starting to pee in his bed. Haven't had that problem since the potty training began. But other than that problem he is potty trained during the DAY The daycare said the had 5 kids start PT around the same time Tommy was the last one to start and first one to wear underwear and have no accidents. Now I owe him a scooter. Dont ask what DH promised him when he sleeps through the night (never ever has slept through the night, Mak was 2 1/2 before she did).

So today has been AWSOME food wise. i need a bit more water, which I will have with dinner but got in several extra laps (due to craziness with my equipment.) took a cranberry syrup shower TWICE! AAAAA(still need a water shower) I am sticky, filthy, and GROSS! Got yelled at by about 3 people, for things beyond my control but I have tomorrow OFF It is going to be an GREAT day!!!!!!! I will run in the morning, be OP ALL day long. Everytime I want something extra to eat I am going to pop on here or do some sit-ups.

Ok I really need to get a move on with dinner and then a shower.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Closed Thread