Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • Wow, we got some fired up chicks in here. Ya'll make me want to work it out.

Evy: Tell me how to do the quote. Like when your posting a quote that someone said. There are so many chicks that I want to respond to but I don't know how to do the quote. I am sure it would help save time.

I weighed myself in three different places in my house and got three different weights. I didn't like any of them. So I decided that my goal for this challenge would be to go from an 1X to a XL. What I need is to be accountable to some sort of excerise. No excuse would do. There is always something that I could move to get that heart rate up.
    One of my sis. asked me to start back to walking with her. We use to just walk around the neighborhood. So maybe we can begain that soon.
    My eating went off schedule today. It wasn't good. Towards the evening I began to struggle with mood changed. Just angry for no real reason. Wanting to discuss some things with DBF but my approach was way off. I have to get back to my meditation and prayer life. It really helps me with my moodiness. Excerise also helps!!!!

to all the new chickies

SCD: I have seen others that post on here do exactly what you desire to do. Look around and you will be encourged. See yourself as a healthy size 4. Girl ya look good wit yo lil cute self. I see ya all slim and fit. I got the vision but your gonna have ta work to get there. We are all here to help each other work it out.

Pinup: Blessing to you and your sister. Thank you for your thoughfulness

Sheri: Glad you got the job but I don't want you to come up missing. We need you. Plus I want to see you succeed.

Nessa: What is your water intake like?
  • Baby - Hang in there! the way that you quote is by hitting the quote button at the bottom of the post you want to post (it's in the right hand corner).

I'm doing really good. Eating's on plan - exercise is good. I did alot of walking around yesterday - but no "formal" exercise. I'm feeling good though.

Alright - I have to get things ready for a wedding today... The MOH and Bride are NOT detail people! So I'm picking up a lot of the slack! Grrr...!!!
  • Babygal, THANK YOU for the encouragement and faith! I appreciate it so very much! this site is EXACTLY what I need to succeed this time. I have begun telling myself everyday that " I CAN DO THIS!!" At first, the thought of another " diet " scared the h*ll out of me, simply because I just didn't want to fail again. But this time I am not even letting failure be an option!! I know that I couldn't travel this journey without ya'lls support and inspiration and for that I THANK YOU ALL!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!

Rock on everyone! WE GOT THIS!!

"If you fall down 10 times, then stand up 11!"
  • Hi Babygal - Well my water intake is great, that's all I drink with the occasional OJ in the morning (few and far between and only about 1 cup). Since I work from home I keep a large glass full of ice water and drink it all day & with meals. I haven't had pop in ages. Don't even like it anymore. I've also switched from milk to light soymilk in my cereal. I actually like it. Thought my body would reject it because it's (gasp) healthy for me!
    But anyway - I did good last night up until 1 am... then I had the last piece of cake. I was really hungry and well I had to get rid of the cake somehow. But I'm planning on making up for it today. My parents want to meet for lunch but no desserts for me and I have to make wise food choices. I saw pictures from February, which is the last time we were with my husband's family in Chicago, and I am HUGE in all the pictures. Seriously, I don't even recognize myself. It doesn't help that my sister in laws are both blonde and skinny.
    I have to make it happen this time. I have to keep telling myself I'm going to look good in Mexico! Viva Mexico!!
  • Wow - This is AwESOME - You girls are a LOT to keep up with though! I don't want to miss anyone - so I'm obessively on here!

Nessa - Mexico sounds AWESOME! And skinny inlaws/friends etc SuCK! Just keep remembering that you're worth it. Maybe a cute outfit in a smaller size (size you'd like to be in Mexico) haning up would help you. I did that for my little sister's bestfriend's wedding (which is today) I hung it up in March when I was a 16/18, and it fits PERFECTLY and it's a 14P. IK'm excited to wear it.. plus I look HOT!

I still need to drop to a size 8. I found a top that I'm in love with that I'm buying so that when I hit it and Shari comes to visit me I look KILLER when we go out! DO YOU READ THAT SHARI??????? I can't WAIT!!!!
  • I was down another # this morning.....Yayyy....so now 2#'s down and 18 to go for this challenge....today was my splurge day so I had Mexican....Grilled chicken nachos (grilled chicken, onions, bell peppers, nachos and cheese.) YUM!!!!!!! I had a diet coke this time though so I didn't rack up too many calories...

Congrats looks like everyone is doing pretty good!
  • Feeling Happy I didn't Eat Nachos
    Hey Chicks~~~~

Okay so Yesterday I was really having a bad time and I came here and felt so much better. I did go for Mexican Food BUT...I did NOT have Nachos. I opted for a Taco Salad...light beans and I didn't eat the fried bowl or the chips, and I go unsweetened Iced Tea instead of the Horchata I would have loved to have gotten.
  • Weigh In
    I posted before I said My weigh in.

I weighed in at 157 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Down 8 pounds...

The Big challenge for me is to keep going.

Before joining this Challenge I kept getting down to 157.............then shoot back up to 165.

So...I can't wait to see my weight @ 155.

Been so long since I have been there...155, plus I usually hadn't gone over 140 and even then was still overweight by 25 pounds so I feel like just to get back down to 140 is still my starting point....Oh well stay positive.

(SHOT OF POSITIVITY...@ LEAST I AM NOT 173 ANYMORE)

Out for Now !!!
    Pinup
  • hi all!!

i joined this challenge early on... but i've been having trouble getting my act together to get back on track... between a long vacation, a tonsilectomy and now not being able to see my bf for nearly a month (stupid military...... and i realize it could be much longer) my motivation has been completely shot.

today was the first day that i've been on top of things... so here's to keeping the ball rolling!
  • Hey everyone! Tomorrow is my weigh in, I'll post my weight tomorrow. I'm on the hospitality committee at church and I mainly cook for the women's and men's breakfasts (I cook and I bake as a side hustle). I had toast @ 6:30 in the morning and at 10:45, I had one blueberry pancake and a turkey sausage link. For lunch (1:30), I had the pot stickers lean cuisine (my last one, I ran out of them for now). Dinner, I made blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage after having water crackers as a snack. I had 3 links and 3 pancakes @ 6pm.

Today, I wore a pair of 16W jean capris that I haven't worn since last year. So far, all of the clothes I wore last summer, I'm getting rid of because they are too big. The jean capris are no different, they kept slipping. The only thing I'm keeping are my jeans, I only have 1 pair of size 14 jeans and my size 16s are close to wearing out. I'm really broke right now but I'm happy I went to NY&Co and got some dressy black crops and bermudas in size 16M (I barely got into a size 18M last summer) for work. And, these size 16M pants are definitely becoming loose.

My goal for July is to hit 233 lbs at the end, to split our challenge into two goals (225 at the end).

Lets keep losing ladies!
  • Was able to 'pass' on the birthday cake, but tonight our hostess made homemade ice cream and homemade peach cobbler. No passing! But, I did a great Jazzercise class this morning. Hopefully, they'll balance out. Will post my weight Monday....
  • Girls I did GREAT at the wedding! I made sure to count everything and I'm STILL under my 1500 for the day! I'm going to have a little treat while BF & I watch a movie tonight. I'm glad I saved room!

We're all doing SO well! Either we're on plan, getting back on plan, and jumping back on quickly after a falter! WE ROCK! :smokin:

I'll be posting my weight tomorrow.... hopefully it's good! I decided to change weigh in days. I don't really have a reason other then wanting to!
  • Eny - thanks for feeling my pain about the skinny in-laws, I might even be going to Mexico with one of them so it's even more motivation for me to get my weight down. I think I am going to hang up the swim suit I want to wear. Maybe that will keep me on track. I did put the scale in the pantry so I'll see it everytime I step in there.

I did go out to eat with my parents today and I tried to make good choices. When I was satisfied I stopped and didn't have dessert. The rest of the day my parents kept offering me ice cream, cake, pie, sweet bread, candy (they are the ones I got my sweet tooth from but THEY don't have a weight problem) and I declined each time. I am proud of myself for that. It's late at night and I'm starting to get that hungry feeling but I'm going to pour myself another glass of water and work on organizing the child care toys. I did go through our old moving boxes in the garage that we haven't bothered to look at in almost 2 years and I found my passport. Yet something else to make me think "MEXICO" and to lose this dang weight!
  • Nessa - that's awesome! Yesterday is proof that you have the WILL POWER to do this! Way to Go! When is the trip to Mexico?

As promised - I weighed in this morning and I'm happy to report I LOST #3 THIS WEEK! I'm down to #191.6... I can almost "see" the #180's again! I'm SO happy!!! Only #6 until my MP3 Player - and the 1/2 way point!!! I'm so glad I have you girls to help me through this too! THANK YOU!!!!!
  • I am absolutely up for the challenge

Starting Weight: 281.8
    Goal Weight for Challenge: 260
    Goal pounds to lose: 21.8

I've lost that amount before in that amount of time. Here's to following my fiber/protein diet to a T and getting my arse to the gym! I will officially start on 7/1, because I am on TOM right now, and it ends tomorrow...