Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Well, my lovelies, I had another good day today and I even took Johnny for a nice long walk and stocked up on some decent groceries! 2 days down, a gajillion or so more to go

I really don't have lots of time to type as we're just about to start the pile of paperwork for the night, but wanted to make a little plug on behalf of a friend of mine who happens to be on America's Best Dance Crew on MTV this season! It's on Thursday nights (and repeats MANY times during the week) so if you get a chance to watch it he's in the group SuperCr3w and they're pretty danged awesome

Okay, time to stop stalling with the work . . . I'll write more later I hope!
  • Baby - I'm so sorry that you're going through SO much! Wow!!! I wish i could hug you in person right now!!! Hang in there - and vent all you want - you know i'm here to listen! Post your goals when you're ready - and even if you're not ready ever just keep coming back here!

Shari I WILL keep you in line! Go get some new shoes - and DON'T LET TOM WIN AGAIN!!!! Congrats on the job though. Just don't make yourself so busy that you forget about you!

I'm on plan eating wise for 7 days now, and exercise is on plan for 3 days now. I'm feeling good. I have to keep this up so that I can hit the #12 loss by Labor Day! 9 Weeks and 4 days to go!
  • I know I said I would weigh in on Mondays...but I just had to post that I've lost my first (of many hopefully) pound today!!!!

My Labor Day goal is 20 lbs.....so 1 down and only 19 to go!!!
  • Mckenziesmomma - WAY TO GO! Doesn't it feel good??? It's ok to *cheat* and weigh in a different day - just remember that the daily flexuations can kill you - so don't get disheartened. It is best to not weigh in everday. (although I can get obsessive about it too!)
  • Kensie:Work it out chick. One pound of ground beef can cook a whole meal. So every pound counts. No amount is too small.

Eny: I recieve your love honey. I forgot to weight myself this morning but I will do it this evening. Wow, it looks like we got a nice crew here I really hope everyone sticks and stay to see the end.

Whoopsie: Tom moved in here he sorta did it gradually and then all of a sudden we realized that the only time he went back to his actual home was when he wanted to trade the motorcycle for the pickup. Once we made the arrangements for both of them to be here I pretty much knew it was a done deal .... and within about 3 weeks we were expecting John!!!
    Sounds like your telling my story. DBF was only going home extremely late at night (like 3 a.m.) but I notice that he has changed and now likes to stay all night. He keeps his van at my house and rides his motorcycle back and forth to check on his house. He even had his bike at my house but I made him take it home because of space issues. His overnights started right when I got pregnant and has not stopped even though I loss the baby.

Oh well Whoopsie I guess we all can learn a lot from each other.

"Thanks for letting me share" Now I can get some work done for the folks.
  • Starting Weight: 242
    Goal Weight: 150-160 (healthy BMI range)
    Goal til Labor Day: 225

I just need someone to remind me to check in and stuff.. I get so busy that I don't do that. Last time, I lost 14 lbs, I'm hoping to beat that by 3 this time. I praying that at the end of this challenge, I'll be back to my high weight at the end of my super-senior year of college.
  • I definitely want to get in on this one! I want to lose 25 pounds by labor day but I know that's a lot! (I won't tell the kids it's only 10 weeks until then or they'll be whining about school starting again.)

I'm currently 200 lbs and want to be 175 by Labor Day. I love reading all this from you guys... Just knowing that people who understand me exist in the world is so fantastic!
  • oea - ! I LOVE how big our group has gotten! STICK IN IT UNTIL THE END GIRLS! 9 Weeks isn't that long!!!

Sexy - I'm glad you're here - just come in - post often. I'll do my best to keep you on track. Even if you have nothing much to add pop in and say a simple hi!

baby - let me know how the weigh in goes. I don't remember what you're at, but every challenge is a new beginning.

I'm happy to report day 8 of on plan eating and day 4 of on plan exercise! (well not technically yet since I'm gearing up to do the video now) I'm doing great this week!!!

I'll check back in the morning - right now it's time to RAMP IT UP!
  • Oh yay!!!! I want to do this. I want to be in the low 50's-high 40's. My ultimate goal is 135. I weigh 179 I started at 181. I am doing an eating plan similar to the abs diet. I cant eat high fructose corn syrup. I have been walking 5 miles every morning and I love it. So we shall see.!!!!!
  • Quote: Kensie:Work it out chick. One pound of ground beef can cook a whole meal. So every pound counts. No amount is too small.
    WOW!!! Thanks for that....you know you really put things in perspective for me....When I sat and thought about it...I was exicted to have lost my first pound...but I did really play it down!

But you made me see that it really is alot. I bought 1 lb of extra lean ground beef today when I went grocery shopping, and what you said just hit me like a ton of bricks.....I was holding a pound in my hands and that was how much I just lost...

And I can make a pound of ground beef last a couple of meals...LOL
  • Labor Day Challenge
    Hey Enygil...
    and Hello to everyone up for the Labor Day Challenge.

This is my first time to the site so I am really excited
    I recently lost 15 pounds...Yay !!! except... I have another 40 pounds to go.
    Losing weight super sucks

Here I am and ready for a Challenge. I am happy to see so many others up for this too. I like most of you want to be able to come here and know I CAN achieve my goal with your support. Anyone want to be of support over the phone? Let me know.

My current stats are as follows:
    Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 165
    Goal Weight: 125

I know that with support I CAN reach my goal. Thanks to Enygirl for starting this challenge and all of you here to help me...I am here for you.

Keep chattin' and keep progressin'

Tomorrow is Day one. I will do my official weigh in then.
    I guess I will make Fridays my weigh in day.

Thanks chicks,

Love, Pinup
  • Kenzie ~~~~~

Image too, you bought lean ground beef....that is mostly muscle...
    A pound of fat is actually larger than that..... being ALL fat.
  • Hey Wild thing...

I am also going for a 40 pound loss.
    If you would like to swap numbers to help each other out when it gets tough let me know...
    Good luck
  • Puinup - I can see you're excitement! Just keep it up - and don't lose steam.

I went this morning to have blood work done to get my thyroid and cholesterol checked. It was time. Since it's been about 13 years since I had a full physical... (oops)

Things are going good this week - and It's a work from home day today - which is VERY nice. I'll check back later to see how everyone else's day's going!
  • Hello..

is it too late to join??

i need a challenge that will get me to a mini goal that will make my overall goal easier to achieve..

SW/CW/GW: 241/239/150

A little bit about me..
    I’m 5'8, 21 years old (soon to be 22), PCOS, at the biggest I've ever been.. and wanting to wear a bikini in Miami for Memorial Day!

I’m doing Weight Watchers and exercising to reach my goal!

Thanks!