Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • I'm definitely IN!!

Starting at 179lbs as of my last weigh in on Friday.

We just got the boat out for the season so this is perfect timing!!

I'm thinking my goal will be around 15 or so pounds to lose. I'd love to see the 60's again!!
  • Hey girls - it's been a really rough day for me - so I'm not in much mood to post. I just wanted to drop by and tell you that I'm down #1.4 this week. It's nice to see the lower 1/2 of the #190's!!!

I'll be back later when my mood is better.
  • Cool challange, im definitely in! Im starting college around then and my goal is to weigh 10 stone (140lbs). I think its a fairly reasonable goal and i am determined!
  • count me in.

Starting: #174 size 12
    Goal: #155 size 10

the main thing that i am looking for is a kick in the pants when i start to slip and want to quit. just a note i do not weigh in at regular intervals just when ever the mood stricks. and that is because i find over time i become to dependant on the scale.
  • enygirl--great job on the 1.4# loss. thats awesome.

Thanks for the encouragement Sarah. I'm sure you'll do great
  • At least I knew it was going to be bad ... gained 2.2 ... but according to my scale I DROPPED body fat so I guess it's not nearly as bad as it could have been!

Mental note to self: no pizza the day before weighing!!!!!
  • I'm new and I'm ready to jump in with both feet! Today I'm 185. I'd like to lose 15 by Labor Day -- but I'd be happy with 10!

I have a new mantra: "I think I'll pass."
  • Chelby - I love Mantras

Whoop - shake off the gain - and you're right SELF SABOTAGE IS NOT A GOOD THING! I generally do the same thing though - eat some horrible thing right before weighing in.

Aug- it's GREAT to see you in here!
  • Hi all!!! I'll join in on this challenge. I didn't quite make the last challenge. I lost nothing...but time. lol.

I am definately planning a trip to St. Augustin, Florida (sorry for butchering the spelling, those from florida). Anyways...planning a trip with the bf and meeting up with some of his family there. So...I definately want to have lost a size by the time that trip comes up. I am currently a size 4 and want to be a size 2. I am around 136 and want to be about 126 by then. So....I will try to eat healthy and manage between 1200-1500 calories a day. Maybe kinda of like yo yo each days calories between those two numbers. I plan to start going back to the gym soon. My bf's payment (which i am suppose to be depositing money in his checking account) to the gym bounced and i don't get paid again until the 5th of july. So, can't go to the gym until then. Might try to start jogging after work at work.

My surgery on my leg went well. Healing up nicely and plan to do the other one on July 8th. Anyways....food wise, i'm seriously considering going back on healthy choice dinners with the veggies included in it. And a side salad with balsmic vinegar to help "fill me up". Go back to things that have worked in the past. Make it simple. lol.

I'll definately try to go thru and read everyones personals and add more soon. Got lots of work at work.

ps....so excited. My dear, wonderful bf is moving in with me...so...I am very excited. someone to pay half the rent, half the utilities, i'll be home more with my kids since he'll be there already...oh...just so excited.
  • Hey Lumi! I like seeing familiar faces around the 3FC universe ... makes me feel a little more like it's a good place to call "home" And speaking of home, congrats on your bf moving in! When Tom moved in here he sorta did it gradually and then all of a sudden we realized that the only time he went back to his actual home was when he wanted to trade the motorcycle for the pickup. Once we made the arrangements for both of them to be here I pretty much knew it was a done deal .... and within about 3 weeks we were expecting John!!!

Today has been a MUCH better day so far. Sure, I had a danish for breakfast once I got home from work ... BUT I ended up sharing it with John and immediately tracked the points. In fact, I still have enough points that I can have another decent sized meal once I get to work if I feel like it! It feels good to feel like I'm actually in control of things today. Hopefully I'll keep it up!
  • Whoopsi...I agree that as long as it fits into your points and you can make due with whatever you got left for the day, nothing is off limits. I used to have icecream every night before i went to bed. But i was eating really good then i guess because i was still losing 5 pounds a month then. Now, i'm apparently not eating so good because i am not losing anything. Actually i keep losing and regaining the same 3 pounds. So....i gotta get really serious about this and lose that 10 before September 1st.
  • Lumi - we can do this.... you've done this - just push yourself!!! I went back to what I was doing last September. I had lost almost #20 in 4 months (which is a TON better then now) and I'm doing that plan again. 1200-1500 cals/day and 30 mins of exercise 6 days a week. I dropped #1.4 last week - so keeping this up it'll work!!!

Whoopsie - Strap on your workout shoes and let's get going!!!
  • I'm in for the labor Day challenge

I am at 257 right now...my ultimate goal is 120.
    I want to lose at least 20 lbs during this part of the challenge.

I will report my weight on Mondays.

What I need most is suggestions...I have problems here and there and when I do I will bring them here....I'm looking for people who have dealt with this and can tell me what worked for them!!

Thanks for starting this thread

Good luck everyone!
  • Godsbabygal
    Here I Go
    Not ready to post my goals but thinking about them
    I forgot to mention on the last challenge that I didnot lose weight but my size 18 pants are more comfortable. I haven't got on the scale in a while.
    Also during the last challenge I lost a baby, yep, DBF couldn't find TOM when he threw the search party. So needless to say we have been going through an emotional rollercoster here.
    I will most likely need to vent. I am doing better emotionally but still have issues.
    I am having several girlfriends over this weekend for support and a potluck supper (Food again)
    In addition to everything else I hurt my left leg.
    So CHICKIES get ready there is a whining baby in the house.
    Sheri:
    Eny: Your so precious
  • Hey girls!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Officially started work at the second job this week, today was my first 'full' day. Definitely need to get some new shoes, more support. I'm on my feet all the time at the VA but I'm moving around 98% of the time. At Valero, I'm behind the cash register, usually standing in one place for long periods of time. So my feet are hurrrrttting!

I let TOM win this time. Basically gained back almost all the weight I lost this month. Never again! Stupid TOM.

Current Weight: 257.6
    Goal Weight: 231

So my goal for Labor Day is to lose 26 lbs. Yeah, I know it's a stretch but I need to do this.

Eny, my lovely inspiration, will keep me in line I'm sure!

I CAN DO THIS!