Old 06-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I know this sounds corny and I thought a few times before posting it... but I missed you guys!! Partly it is for social reasons-- I find you bright, funny and altogether enjoyable. And secondly and also more selfishly, b/c I really do so much better with our support/accountability stuff that we have going on.
Amen to that!

This is such a great place!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #47  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
If you go into the week with the attitude that it's fried, then it will be. ONLY YOU can control your committment and attitude here.
Great advice, and we CAN control our attitudes!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #48  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I went away for the weekend.. again.. hehe and I think I did alright! I had no snackies at gatherings. i passed up party mix!! hehe I'm at the cottage so no scale. I will weigh in tomorrow morning.. not counting on uch of a loss.. but hoping for the same number as the other day.. heheh
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #49  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey guys and dolls!

still at 202.8 today... have had an odd mid cycle bleed today.. i read somewhere that when you lose weight the fat dissolves stored hormones and can mess with cycles is that right?

im feeling bloaty too which is odd, my TOM isnt due for about 10 days?

im always regular as i have an IUD fitted that is non hormonal!

today ive clocked up 1450 cals.... but i dont mind being a little lower as ive eaten good foods... managed 50% 25% 25% to

gonna do free weights and sit ups/push ups tonight and get a nice early night as i havent slept very well recently.

i love checking in here to, its the first place i check in every day.

love you guys!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #50  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

yeah Josephine, we CAN, maybe....

i'm having a crummy attitude now. I don't trust my scale. It seems inconsistent.

Here's a question for you chickies -

If you overdo it at one meal, do you skip the next, or keep to program?

Paula - I slept this afternoon and I had a dream that I came to London to visit and we met up and went to the Trocadero together. LOL

Last edited by miriam101; 06-09-2008 at 03:22 PM.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #51  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

A pep talk and a lecture - the one-two motivational punch I need!

Thanks PhotoChick; yeah, between the heat and the flu that's enough to have me retaining a lot, nevermind the TOM. I'm still getting used to PMS again, my cycles were all wacky for the past year. Plus! I always just forget to drink as much water on weekends as I do during the week. I'm drinking lots of water today to try and level things out - it always seems weird to me that if you are retaining water the key is to drink more water.

It's possible I can join a gym, though I want the ac fixed regardless. I need to look at my finances and go check out the gum about three quarters of a mile from me. Since I don't drive or even ride a bike, I'm limited to gyms within about 2 miles of me - ones I can walk to.

Shoot, I gotta run but I promise I took the lecture part to heart as well. Gonna try to plan as much as possible!
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #52  
Stepping Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam101 View Post
yeah Josephine, we CAN, maybe....

i'm having a crummy attitude now. I don't trust my scale. It seems inconsistent.

Here's a question for you chickies -

Paula - I slept this afternoon and I had a dream that I came to London to visit and we met up and went to the Trocadero together. LOL
haha how awesome. cool good to know im in someones dreams!

i actually dont like London... there are much nicer cities in england for sure
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Neither. Or both. Depending.

I find that skipping meals or snacks makes me really crabby and makes me tend to overeat on the next one. So what I *try* to do (not always sucessfully, but it's the plan) is to just make gentle adjustments for the rest of the day.

An example - week before last I went out with a client and had more for lunch than a planned. So instead of eating hummus and veggies for my afternoon snack, I ate the veggies and put the hummus back in the fridge. Then instead of having parmesan cheese on my cauliflower with dinner (which was the plan), I wound up shaking it with a little bit of ranch dip mix instead before I baked it.

So I try to make little adjustments to accomodate rather than just ditch whole meals.

OTOH, sometimes you just (or at least *I* just ) eat more than I can make up for with little adjustments. In that case I do the above and accept that I'll be over my calories for the day. I don't try to make up for it the next day ... just move forward from there.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #54  
Keep Chuggin'

Good, sound advice, Photo. I overdid lunch today, and TBH - I wasn't even hungry for the rest of the day. <it's now 11 PM and still not hungry> So I planned tomorrow as usual.

Paula - I lived in the UK for 4 years, and London is about all I know. And a touch of Kent too (woohoo Bluewater-!! LOL) But if I come around for a visit - you can show me something more exciting

not going to weigh myself tonight - I'll hold off till morning..
Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #55  
Stepping Up

no!! dont weigh at night, bad idea lol

someone (well a best buddy who i hadnt seen for a couple weeks) came to see me today at work and she said i look more toned always nice to hear right?

i LIKE bluewater haha. nottingham is fabulous everything from TopShop to Vivienne westwood. im very lucky
Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #56  
Keep Chuggin'

I'm going to the gym tomorrow - wonder how sore I'll be for the rest of the day... And I have to leave while most of the house is still sleeping. <complain, complain, complain>

WTG Paula - on a nice comment! I have noticed that I'm automatically holding my stomach in more - so I guess all those hours of exercising are doing something!!!!! BTW - I don't even know where nottingham is!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Still in weird water weight ****.

SW: 200.5
CW: 203.5
GW: 195.5

Congrats, Paula! Given your recent plateau, I'm sure she's right. Usually it's also in preparation for the big drop.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #58  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, I finally saw a bit of a drop this morning. Not as much as I was hoping for but better than nothing.

SW: 153.4
CW: 153 (-0.4)
GW: 148.4
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:37 AM   #59  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning lovely losers! I'm at 168 even-steven this morning, .2 pounds more for an official 40 pounds gone. Whoo hoo!

Start weight: 169.6
Current weight: 168 (-1.6, 3.4 to go)
Goal weight: 164.6

So yesterday I had a total brain fart. I had just started mowing the front yard when the mower gave some loud popping noises and died. It had done this in the past and so I thought it was a recurrence of those old problems with the carburetor. So I call my DH and tell him and he says he'll look at it when he gets home from work, then last night when he comes home I think to myself, "I never even looked in the gas tank, surely it isn't just out of gas!" And of course that's what it was and my DH must think I'm the stoopidest person on the planet. I mean seriously, all I had to do was add gas. I'm totally in charge of the lawn care and so I am the person who normally gasses everything up and I can't even imagine why I didn't think to even check. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #60  

S/C/G: SW164/CW147/GW140

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, well I got wiped but I'm back - but not good news on the 5lb challenge.

SW 150
Then went to 149 - woot!
Then up to 152.5 - wargh!
CW 151.5
GW 145

So I am officially 1.5lbs HEAVIER than when I started LOL! However I did have a complete binge weekend and Aunt Flo is here so I'm expecting to drop the weight gain in a week or so. However it leaves me with no chance on the challenge but hey ho, I don't mind really, I find it good checking in and seeing how well everyone else is doing.
Nix143 is offline   Reply With Quote