Old 06-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

That is what I want to do... stop being controlled by food. The faster you lose the faster it comes back.

I am happy if I lose 1lb a week and exercise will do that for me. Intuitive eating is what I need to do.
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Karrebeaar!! I've been losing weight S-L-O-W-L-Y, too and I'm fine with that. For me, this is a new way of life! NOT a diet. You and I are, statistically, very close. I started at 212 and am at 168 right now. I'm short though and aiming for 125 as a goal . . . maybe.

Mrsaugie - Where did the water from the lake go? Downstream??

Haley - Awesome job putting the bike/weather connection together. Every little bit helps!!

Enygirl - I'm still doing WW. Don't love everything about it, but I'm used to it and I love the Flex Points so I'm still in. I only do it on-line. I've been on my weight loss / happiness journey for 17 months now and have lost just over 40 pounds. I didn't start exercising until last April. I started walking 5 days a week or so . . . then I wanted something more challenging and bought the Treadclimber around Thanksgiving last fall. Then I added The FIRM dvd's. I exercise 5 - 7 days a week. Normally for 75 - 90 minutes. Sometimes more. My goal, using a heart rate monitor, is to burn 3500 calories a week. I usually am close, but I don't hit my goal every week. If I'm tired, I take a day of rest. (DOR).

Every once in a while I have a bad week where I go over on points for the week. But usually, I have points left over. This week is a "bad" week. Lots of celebrating that school is out and all the hub-bub about my sister's novel.

I don't have pics of the 2 newest quilts but I'll try to get with my mom to get some. She's doing the bindings.

Shay - That's what I loved about the beach challenge. If I missed a day I knew I was behind an hour or more so it REALLY kept me on track. Maybe I can start some sort of side challenge of my own that doesn't have anything to do with Just Beachy.

BIG HUG to all of you! It's in the 80's today!! Can't believe we had snow just 4 days ago.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Karyn! Welcome to our happy group!

Haley- I bought my bike last summer, my husband and I have a bet going about how often I'll ride it. (I wonder if he knows that's the fastest way to motivate me...) I think I'll take it out today!

Have you guys seen the new subway commercial that goes over what you "get" with a burger meal? It's hilarious! You get fries, a coke, bigger clothes, a costly gym membership, self-esteem issues... I never want to eat at the golden arches again!

So, I made friends with my scale yesterday after FEASTING for 4 days... keeping in mind TOM and majorly swollen feet, I GAINED 4 LBS!!! Ouch. Time to get off my butt...

Happy weekend!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #34  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Karyn--There are a lot of great books out there about intuitive eating but the one I read was "Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works" by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch.

gg--I definitely think challenging yourself is a great idea!

TTTA--I just saw that commercial yesterday and loved it. There's another commercial and I'm not sure who it is that a woman walks up to the counter and order big thighs, a therapist, a heart attack, and no self esteem. The woman wanted everything but no self esteem and a guy yells from the back "NO SUBSTUTIONS!"
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Good luck to all with your goals. I have been doing ok since I stopped counting calories, it is so hard. I never realized how having to journal it caused me to binge. I know it sounds weird I am feeling good about my decision.
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #36  

Karyn - You're like my sister. The second she thinks she has to count something, or write it down, she freaks out and binges. I keep bragging up Shay's success to her, hoping she'll buy IE and she "doesn't think it fits her problem." I think I'll just buy it for her.

Shay - You're right. I'll start my own challenge. Not sure if it will be here or on the WW board, but it will help keep me from skipping days.

I've had a rough week. TOM, sinus headache the last 3 days, water leaking from our dishwasher into our basement, and my mom is in one of her fighting moods. My DH left last night to go to Seattle. He has a friend that is terminally ill. It's all very sad. He's only 52. Tim Russert dying suddenly really bothered me, too.

TTTA - I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 pounds, too. I'm blaming TOM and the microwave popcorn I had last night. lol. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

But . . . the sun is shining and it is a fresh start on another beautiful day!!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #37  
My Evolution

gg-You could start the challenge right here in this forum--Chicks up for A Challenge. Or maybe in the Exercise forum. I am really upset about Tim Russert too. I was crying like I knew him personally.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls!

Karyn - it's good to see that you're happy with your decision! I know that counting calories was KILLING me! and I would binge like CRAZY when i knew I went over my limit even by 10 cals for the day! I'm doing a TON better now - especially since I'm not limiting what I can eat (which included the cake at my sisters graduation party today! ) Oh and my goal is to lose #1-#1.5 a week... My current mini-goal is to be "overweight" at Christmas. That would ROCK!

GG - that's awsome that WW is working so well for you! I'm sorry that you're feeling crappy.

Right now I'm EXHAUSTED! I've been constantly on my feet since Thursday... I'm tired! I only did a 15 min workout yesterday and 20 mins today - but I've been doing a TON of walking! I didn't drink enough water yesterday though - so I felt Frumpy this morning... I made sure to drink more then the 64 oz today though... wash the crap out of my system.

Ok girls - i know it's late - so here's today/tomorrow's quote:

"Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you."

&
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

You all have no idea how much better I feel to hear you say you were sad about Tim Russert. I cried and cried when I found out, like he was a friend. I can pick out all of the different reasons I am so upset about it, some related to him, and some related to me. BUT, on the upside, I did NOT use food to cope. The fact that he had a heart attack and I am terrified of heart disease helped...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #40  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i finally did after about 2 weeks and i am now at 174. i finally feel like i am getting some where. i actually weighed lmyself 3 times this morning to make sure that i was not see things.

i am wroking on moving so i do not know how often i will be here but after the 4th i will be done moving.

gg--- the lake drained into the Wisconsin River.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #41  

Aug - WAY TO GO!! You made it to the Lower 1/2 of the #170s!!! Keep plugging along!

My official weigh in is tomorrow - and I'm aiming to be at #194.??? ANYTHING in the lower #190's!!!! I was at #195.6 yesterday - so we'll see... I'm just SO close! I'm getting excited about going to the Dr.s on the 23rd. I have pinpointed the problem - I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm bored and sad/depressed the most. When I'm happy then I don't - because I'm focused. Like yesterday - I did have a piece of the VERY scrumptious graduation cake - but I avoided the 20 dozen cookies, the lady finger pudding and the Chocolate Fondue fountain. I just wanted a little something sweet.

I don't over eat at meals anymore - which is AWESOME - but the eating emotionally is going to kill me. Literally - there are so many disesase related to obesity it's scary!!!

Shay - It's good to see you're doing the 4th of July 5K. I think I'm going to do it too! Not for any particular reason other then getting outside to do some exercise - and since I have the day off anyhow I'm suprised to see a weightloss ticker in your signature though - it's been a LONG time since you've done that. Which reminds me - how is your relationship with your scale lately?

Ok girls - I have a TON of house work to catch up on - and my reward to myself for getting it done is going to be QUILTING!!!! Especially since if I don't get started on it for Christmas, it's going to end up being a chore as well!!! I DON'T WANT THAT!!!

&
Old 06-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #42  
My Evolution

TTTA--Okay I thought it was just me about Tim Russert but when gg mentioned him I had to say something too. Someone started a thread about him in the General Chatter forum.

mrsuagie--I thought you had lost some weight. I was looking at your ticker. Great job!

enygirl--Thanks for bringing up the ticker. I wanted to talk about it. I've been debating back and forth about it. I am in such a better place that weighing on a weekly basis and putting up a ticker is okay. If I ever feel I need to take it down I will. I'm a goal oriented girl so I like having that MCM ticker. I plan to do TBL challenges forever so I won't weigh in bw challenges.

gg--I'm excited about your exercise challenge. I've already posted to the thread.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #43  

Hooray!! Everybody is doing so well!!

I'm glad to hear you guys got teary about Tim Russert, too. I had coffee with him every morning. It hit me really hard, too.

Here's the link to my Numbers Challenge! If you want to join, that's great, if you don't want to, that's okay, too!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143937

Mrs. Aug - Congratulation on the loss!!!

TTTA - Awesome job avoiding food for consolation.

I'm doing something big. After hearing the details from my husband about Jim's diseased liver I'm giving up all alcohol for 30 days. Today is day 1. Wish me luck!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #44  

GG - on the not drinking! You're liver is worth it! I joined your challenge as well - and figured out (finally) what I want my number to be. 315 mins of exercise a week! I've been on an alcohol free thing for the month as well - which has been 16 days now. Although, I wasn't one that had to have a drink everyday.. mine was binge drinking on the weekends.

Weigh in this moring didn't go as well as I would've liked. I'm still down from the last weigh in - but not as much as I was on Wednesday of last week. I'm sure that TOM's looming arrival as well as the carb binge before bed last night didn't help... self sabotage is a great game of mine! I need to address that!

I'm excited about next Monday though - to go and talk to someone about my emoptional eating issues.... I think it'll help a lot.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #45  

Hey!!

Enygirl - Don't sweat the weigh in. Just keep moving and it will come off!! A friend of mine is selling some of her quilts. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/gp/14652119@N04/7g998G This may give you some inspiration for those Christmas presents! Another friend of mine just won Best of Show with a new quilt about inner beauty. It is at: http://www.renaequilts.com/Awards.html Renae is one of the best quilters in the world.

Thanks guys for joining the challenge!!

As we were getting ready for the BBQ last night my DH tried to pour me a glass of wine. He said, "Just start tomorrow." I didn't take the wine. I started yesterday!! It was really pretty easy!

I've got a big day. Quilting, workout, having fun with my kids. TBL!!