Old 06-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default BOOT CAMP JUNE 2008 (NEW Thread 6/6/08)

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 06-17-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #2  

A clean slate is a good thing!

Poor horsey; she's going to be so confused!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

lol. It was all her fault - her going on vacation crashed the server!

Anyway - my bootcamp seems to finally be on track. I went up a couple of pounds last week, but as of right now, I was 204 on Monday and 200.5 today, so that's 3.5 pounds in under a week!
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

How sad, we lost our thread and info... I'm on a trip but thought I'd check in since I started it. I'm going to be gone until mid month and won't check in much. Everyone knows the basics though, and we can do this again sometime too, starting from scratch... awwww...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

So sad,, anyway, I am still here,.. I haven't been able to do a "hard" workout every day, Some days it's only been walks.. Guess it will be better when I've moved next week.. To much to do..
theresia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #6  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 06-17-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok girls - I'm here! This is the perfect time to get back on track! I did really good up until yesterday night - I did about 20 mins of the 55 min video (I did do the morning workout) - after that I just couldn't do anymore. My muscles were EXHAUSTED - I think i need to add more streching into my workout regime.

Today is a yoga day - that'll help and Week 2 starts tomorrow.

I'll check in tomorrow night after the workout! STICK WITH IT GIRLS!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #8  

Sweetcaroline-thank you for re-starting the thread. We shouldn't let a little computer crash derail our challenge!

I don't remember all the steps, but maybe between us we can figure it out. This is what I remember:

Write down goals
Declutter
Self-care-(hair, nails, etc.)
Spiritual (prayer, meditation, etc.)
Exercise equipment

Anyway, since today is weigh in day, I am sorry to say that I have GAINED 7 lbs! I had to admit this on another board and it was hard. It's not any easier here. Ugh. It's a combination of TOM and emotional eating. I need to keep telling myself that life is going to keep happening and I can't eat my way through every bad thing, but it's hard to break a lifetime habit. But that's ok. I restocked my kitchen with healthy food and I'm ready to begin again!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Don't feel too bad - I'm at 203, up 2.5 from yesterday. I tried the Daily Plate Method and now I've realized that I ate about 3500 calories yesterday because I exercised so much. So no more of that nonsense.

From the start of June, however, I'm down from 204, so chalk that up to a pound lost.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #10  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

I put my steps on a Word Doc.... here ya go............

REVISED SUMMARY OF PREP STEPS - To be checked off by Sunday Feb 1 if possible:

#1 - Clean out junk food from kitchen, all of it!
Kitchen and all hiding places are empty !
#2 - Declutter your home
I still have a medium pile of mail/junk/bills etc. to go through, everything else looks good.
#3 - Exercise/diet journal- Daily Plate Journal, ready to go...DP link is posted on my Signature page. I purchased a new journal to use at home.
#4 - Personal grooming
I do home facials on Sundays, brows were waxed on Thursday. All the unwanteds are gone.
#5 - Buy any equipment
I have weights, bands and a ball... Library DVD's are very limited, will check again... I have a gym membership nearby and cardio room at my complex... no excuses
#6 - Water -
Water consumption is getting better, can't wait for my bladder to get used to the increase
#7 - Set short goals for Feb and long term goals for your fitness/dieting
I am in the process of creating a ‘goals’ board to remind myself of my commitments.
Week 1 and 2: (2) 30 minute workouts per day, 5 days a week
Week 3 and 4: (2) 45 minute workouts per day, 5 days a week
Long Term: Increase speed/incline of TM, increase weight on machines and reps. conquer the elliptical and check out the classes at the gym. July/August exercise in my pool.

#8 - Create at least one affirmation to repeat throughout the month, tape it on your mirror and the fridge: I am willing to make my health and nutrition a top priority. I am free to forget about food.

#9 - Pick one other area of your life to work on this month besides dieting to begin shaping other areas of your life that might need discipline
: I’m going to pay more attention to my spiritual side. By meditating 10 mins in the morning. And do a visualization CD at night... (Andrew Weil)

#10 - Make a contract with yourself in your journal or here online, date it Feb 1
I commit to the diet and exercise plan I have created. ~Caroline, 5/31/08~

#11 - Weigh yourself and take measurements May 31 or June 1.
May 31, 2008, 210 pounds, 5’ 5” 48/46/45.5

#12 - Nutrition/diet plan – Max: 1500 calories; 3 meals, two snacks. Weigh and measure. Write everything down, use Daily Plate. Stop eating 2 hours before bed. Take a multivitamin daily. Test blood sugar 3x a day.
Week 1: Stay OP
Week 2: +Limit processed/easy foods.
Week 3: +Limit sugar and avoid artificial sweeteners.
Week 4: +Limit white flour, replace with whole wheat.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #11  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

Hi.... Boy, It's a bit of a relief to know others have had a hard time this w/e too... I've been way off too... I was down 2 pounds as of Thursday... now down only 0.5, not a gain, but haven't stepped on the scale today yet... 2 scared... I'm back to some really old habits... waking up planning what I want to eat... (all crap !) and having to go out to the store and get it !! .... I'm making lots of excuses not to exercise... I cannot, and will not let the old habits continue to creep in... So, no matter what, I am going to 'post' here and stay accountable....
Weekends are really hard for me. I didn't make a lot of plans because its been 100+ degrees and I really do not do well in the heat... Also have had melanoma skin cancer, so I don't do the sun anymore... Anyway... back to work tomorrow so that means back on track....
I vote for confessions if you have them and moving on with this.....

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 06-08-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #12  

So I didn't workout last night... I meant to - but it didn't happen. I've been working about 65-75 hours a week - and it's killing me! You know that whole clutter = weight gain theory - well I'm living proof!!! I need to go back and do step #2 again (thanks SweetCaroline for reposting). So today, that's EXACTLY what I'm doing! I actually am playing hookie from work (kinda) to get my house cleaned!

First - I need to do my morning workout. I can *feel* a difference after one solid week of shaking my groove thing - but it's not a visual difference yet. This morning I was up #1.2 from last week... but Clutter=bad eating/take out. SHAME ON ME!!!

Ok - so I'm going at it again - I didn't slip up much, which is good. And I did go grocery shopping yesterday and bought TONS of yummy - good for us foods.

So I'm out of here to go do the 15 min morning workout, and then bust my butt all day doing the house cleaning. It'll be well worth it!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

I was on vacation all of last week and had made all of these plans and didn't follow through. But I started back up yesterday and went to the gym and got back on track with eating.

Sweetcaroline-- I know what you mean about the weekends-- they are so hard for me as well. But you can do it!

Enygirl-- cleaning the house will be worth it. And can be a pretty good workout
desigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #14  

So the house got started - but not finished. *sigh* I did workout last night - and I fel t good. I need to keep that adreniline going throughout the next day.

I missed this mornings workout - I woke up 2 minute AFTER I was supposed to be at work! OOPS!!! I've been told by a trainer that a Minimum of 30 minutes a day is good - so I'm not doing bad.

Eating's pretty good. I'm relearning what I actually like to eat instead of just eating things because there there. And you know what I discovered yesterday - I DON'T like Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips! I know that doesn't mean much to you guys - but I used to eat an ENTIRE BIG BAG in 1 Sitting!!! And now I DON'T EVEN LIKE THEM!!! I also discovered that there are only 2 flavors of ice cream that I really like. It's odd - here's I've been eating all of this food - and I don't even care for it - it was just there so it went into my mouth!! UGH!

Ok - Here's to #1 a week! I CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #15  

Hey Bootcampers,
I'm still around; I've been up to my eyeballs with some difficulties at home, but it looks like things are ok again, so I'll jump back in tomorrow.

Hang in there, everyone! We have 3 more weeks to make great choices!