Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Lumi - I have good news for you - Chrsitmas is 28 weeks away(you had said 26) so that means that you have to lose #.57 a week. In order to hit my goal of #163.6 I have to lose #1.14 a week - How about we keep eachother motivated and GOING STRONG through this!!! When do you weigh in? Mine's every 2 mondays for my Family challenge - but I'll do it more if it will help you stay on track! Let's see if we can hit our goals EARLY!!!! (then we can buy a slinky Christmas number BEFORE the tree comes down! )

Haley - WTG on the bike riding! That's awesome! Keep it up - rain or shine! Put a poncho in your backpack if necessary!

Remember: If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.

Last edited by Enygirl; 06-13-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #92  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Remember: If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.
oh thats really good ill have to write that down on a post it and stick it.....EVERYWHERE lol if you came up with that do u mind if i put in my johnstonefitness.com fitness journal signature? i dont want to infringe on someone elses saying lol
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #93  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default I cheated!!!

Not on my eating plan, but I weighed myself 1 day early. I just new I lost some weight....I won't post until tomorrow though!!!!

Does this give away how I'm feeling? Too subtle? Is this better?!?!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #94  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Yikies! 26 weeks?
Assuming I didn't gain this week (and I just KNOW that I did) I would have to lose 1.38 pounds per week (or so) to get to my "just overweight" goal. I'm thinking it's not gonna happen. At this point, though, I'll be thrilled as heck if I make it to my pre-pregnancy weight by Christmas which is only 12.8 pounds from last week's weigh in and (again, if I didn't gain) just about half a pound a week. THAT is far more likely to happen! We'll see tonight how much I have to make up for from this past week. Luckily the weather has been a lot better the past 2 days so I've been able to take John out in the stroller for a bit and today restocked my supply of Phase One favorites for South Beach so I can be super-devoted/determined girl again. ALSO luckily, Tom has been plowing through the leftover cupcakes in the fridge from the party to the point where we only have a couple left -- he and John can have those tomorrow for John's ACTUAL birthday and I'll have ... a sugar-free fudgsicle or something "legal."
So, 26 weeks til Christmas ... 52 weeks til John turns 3 ... and THOSE party pictures are going to ROCK!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #95  
Starting Again ... Again

Hehehe ... I started my reply before read the last page of posts!
Hooray for an extra 2 weeks!!! That'll give me time to make up for the past week of being super-bad
Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #96  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yay for 28 weeks!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #97  
Starting Again ... Again

It could have been so much worse.

I gained just like I knew I would, but at least I kept the damage to under 3 pounds. That's something, right?

Last edited by whoopseedaisee; 06-13-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, I gained this week too. Bloat city and no excuse, rings are tight, pants are tight.

Anyway, I am taking care of that and next week I will be further down and by 7/1, I will be below 145. Can't wait, must focus!!

Already today, I have gone for a 2 mile walk/run, just got back and did AbJam, I do better when I exercise first thing, then I don't want to blow it for the day.

I have to be to work by 10 today, it's my late day to work until 6. So off to the shower I go, great job to those that showed a loss. To those like me that didn't, that's ok, we aren't gonna lose every week, but let's turn it around for next week!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #99  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

well im up a little today but its TOM week i thought it would effect me last week but it didnt its today so thats ok because ive been OP all week so its def not me so im not stressed about it.

mothermavis: i agree it helps me too to exercise first thing in the day
Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #100  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, never did check in after my good day on Tuesday. I finished the day strong; going out to dinner I ordered a portabella sandwich and nibbled a little bit of other people's food so I could have a taste of meat without going overboard.

Been a weird few days weight-wise. Wednesday I was down 2 lbs to 191, Thursdays I was down another three to 188, and today I'm back up two pounds to 190. I just want my TOM to be done with so things will settle down a bit. Of course, I really should try not to weigh every single day, I don't want to get obsessive about it.

Oh, and exercise is easier again between the heatwave breaking and the air conditioning being fixed (we hope! hard to tell yet). I'm still gonna walk up to the gym about a mile from me though, and check em out.

28 weeks left... I've got to lose about a pound a week at that rate, a bit less. I think I can manage that, it seems to be about what I'm managing on average so far. Time will tell!

Karen, I'm so glad to see the damage was not too bad - less than three pounds is not bad at all, you can fix that no problem!

Last edited by Betsi; 06-13-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I am going to make this commitment to Christmas also. I am going to commit to loosing 30lbs. As of today Christmas is 28 weeks away. This is a totally achievable goal! GREAT IDEA BTW
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #102  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone. Well I lost 3 pounds. It feels like I lost 10 though. I feel so much better. Now, what I am going to try really hard to do is stay focused each day and not try an overthink everything. The first week is historically easy for me. It's when I am most excited, motivated etc. My true test will be when things aren't going well. Will I still post or will I go into hiding? I am so impressed and grateful to see people sharing their feelings when everything isn't perfect. I tend to withdraw and sulk and be alone....a very dangerous place for me. So, I am just trying to tell you all thank you for being so real. It is what I needed to see, and I hope to shrink physically and grow emotionally!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Just saw this tread today. Count me in!! I want to be down 60 pounds by Christmas. That is 10 pounds a month, so far that is what Ihave been averaging. I know it is a lofty goal...but if I stay on plan and keep exercising regularly I can do it!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Kate - #60 is a lofty goal - just keep working at it! We're here to support you 100%!

Haley - actually I found it on some website - and LOVE it - so I passed it along. It was claimed to be an anontmous quote - so feel free to use where ever

Betsi - weight varies a TON day-to-day, especially during TOM. Try to stay off the scale for awhile and it won't haunt you!

362638 - STICK WITH US!!!! My first week is generally easiest for me to stick with it too - right now I've made it through 12 days straight of working out and eating right! THAT'S A RECORD FOR ME!!!! Just keep going!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

enygirl....that's a great idea!! I usually weigh in on Fridays...but we can do mondays....it doesn't really matter. Thank goodness, 28 weeks left instead of 26. whew!! I know half a pound a week doesn't seem impossible...i just gotta stick to my guns on eating healthy. And the gym is back on next week. Just talked to my boss and told her i would not be working any overtime next week. I may try to come in on saturday if she wants, but not during the week.
Closed Thread