3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Commitment to Christmas

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #61
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. It was SO hot and humid here, and it's still pretty bad this morning. Our air conditioning is out, and it's making me pretty cranky. I don't do so well at getting to bed before midnight so getting up before the heat is very hard. I really don't know if I can get myself to do my workout this morning, after a weekend of hot and sticky weather and that stomachache persisting the whole time.

I can feel myself slipping off the wagon, and I don't like it. I don't know how to get remotivated though. I mean, I can stick to better eating habits ok I guess but that's never been my problem. I don't know if I can bear exercising in this weather. Maybe I should reconsider that gym membership, at least there'd be ac.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #62
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang! It was hot, hot, hot here too. But since I live in FLorida it is to be expected. But at least the AC is working, eek Betsi, I can't imagine trying to exist without it. We have ours set at 80 degrees and that is a lovely touch of coolness when the days are so hot!

Betsi, I honestly think food management is far more important than exercise. My mum lost 35 pounds over the last 6 months and hasn't exercised a single moment (she has all sorts of physical problems that get in the way of exercise). So don't think it is necessary to get the weight off!

I do happen to do alot of sports but it is because they are my hobbies more than I'm doing them for weight loss. It is managing my food that is making the difference in weight loss.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #63
Getting fit and healthy!

Thanks Josephine, I'll try to keep it in mind. I think it probably is the only work-around when it's too hot for much exercise. It's frustrating though because for me this isn't just a weight-loss journey, it's a total fitness journey. I'm trying to get stronger and more capable, and having to put that part on hold while it's so hot and humid (it's the humidity that kills me!) makes me feel like I'm giving up.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #64
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Well, we all survived the party inspite of the killer heat & humidity. Johnny got some great stuff and a lot of it makes a LOT of noise which is even better for him (like a drum set and an electronic keyboard and dinosaurs that march around roaring). It was too hot to really want to eat much so I don't think I did TOO bad ... until later when I was so hungry I ate and ate and ate! I'll get back on the wagon, though ... just as soon as my sub is done

Oh, and I completely understand not wanting to workout when it's like this! I don't even want to go near the treadmill and it's right in front of the AC!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #65
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

I too am looking forward to the day when I am just simply classified as "overweight"! I have decided that my first mini goal is 5 pounds and my big goal for now is getting 10% of this weight off...21.5 pounds. That will be very exciting! Once I reach those goals, I will gear up for the next ones. Sound good? So for now, I am going to focus each day on what I can do on THAT day. So many times before I tried to map out my entire weight loss. "I am going to lose 2 pounds per week and by August 10 I should weigh..." I didn't mean to set myself up for failure, but inevitably, I did. I really believe I can do what it takes to lose 5 pounds. I am just going to going from there. I read GLory87's story yesterday and Super Foods made sense to me. I have started focusing on what I can and should eat more than on focusing on what I shouldn't eat. I am really trying to spin things in a positive way for myself. The one thing I am doing though, that I can't help, is visualizing what I want my family Christmas card to look like. What will I look like? What will I wear? Will it be a family picture from my brother-in-law's wedding August, or will I wait until December and be able to wear one of those really great Christmas dresses...the one with the red plaid skirt and black velvet fitted top....hmmmmm.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #66
Michelle the Vegan

Mini-goals are great! I usually aim to lose about 10 pounds every "month" (4 week period) and by focusing on that I've exceeded that for each month so far.

I'm doing the same with with the Christmas picture. I've been trying to decide how to pose it and what to wear, etc. Visualize success! Yee haw!

Old 06-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #67
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

I STILL do the "if I lose x per week how long will it take/what will I weigh on ___". It does get me a little down sometimes on the weeks when I lose significantly less than the "x" though.

The one big downside to the party yesterday was that once again I ended up with pictures of Johnny with everyone .... but me. By Christmas I really hope that changes and I'll be more of a picture takee than just a picture taker!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #68
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Wanted to check in. It has been in the 90's here for a few days so not much going outside except for this weekend when we walked a few miles at the park had some fun at the camp grounds and then spent 10 hours working at the soup kitchen lol. That is fine so much still to do in the house. I am never going to get all the windows done at one time lol. I have a ton of them and I just about get them done and something else needs done. By the time a few days pass and I get back to them sill's need done again lol. I have been scrubbing ceilings and boy is that hot work. Still doing the exercise but not as many miles. Have gone down to 4 miles a day instead of 6 or 8 or 10. Just to hot to try to do all that I do a day as far as housework and such and do that many miles.

Still not turning the air on. I keep telling the kids. If Laura Ingles could live without air so can you lol. Hey, I didn't have air when I was a kid and I lived to tell the story.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying cool.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.

Last edited by Shy Moment : 06-09-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #69

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Us too, in KY. It is really nasty already.

We had a load of fun on call yesterday on call. The heating & AC went out at the hospital for 10 hours. No air circulation. One of the Doctors said he knew something bad had happened when he saw 6 maintainence people buying out Ace Hardware's fans for the units! The worst areas are the OR's because they have to maintain a certain stable humidity or they cannot do any surgeries. Icky conditions to work in.

I think our big AC unit at home needs freon. Our upstairs has been running continuously and we can't get the heat and humidity down to sleep comfortably. Not good when the hot flashes come at night!

Betsi--There are a bunch of 15 to 20 minutes whole body workouts online. Try Spark People or You Tube. some are really gentle stretching, some are yoga, some are aerobic. But maybe you just need a few days of LESS, to re-motivate. Or just a change of pace. We can just keep throwing ideas at you to help you figure it out.

Check in later, or tomorrow. Got to get the smelly camp girl in the shower before bed. Man, she is only 9 1/2, and she really gets rank when she sweats. I about killed her when I got home from work--she had put on the clean clothes for tomorrow and didn't take a shower either.

Kathy
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #70
I am a thin person!

Default Christmas pajamas!

I want to get myself some Christmas pajamas this year! Pajamas that are completely impractical for the rest of the year because of the reindeer and Christmas lights and Santa on them. A pair of FUN pjs that I will wear on Christmas morning when I take pictures with my kids, not just of my kids.

Also, I am beginning to understand the phrase, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I am looking to the future with hope, and then focusing on the work I need to do today. Before I got out of bed, I thought about my Christmas pajamas. That made me smile, and then I planned my breakfast, cooked it and ate it. (o: Now that I am not hungry, I am going to go plan the rest of my day.

mothermavis - Thank you for starting this post. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have a place like this to go to with my thoughts and feelings. I feel comfortable here.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #71
I am a thin person!

Talking My funny little story....

Me again!

I posted this in the WW Flex area because that is the plan I am on, and I thought I would share it over here....it's good for a chuckle.

My girlfriend and I were on the phone and she was online figuring out her BMI. So we're chatting along and she says, "That's weird." I add, "What?" She proceeds with, "The BMI calculator thing is telling me that I'm not overweight at all. It's actually saying I'm a little under what I should be." I quickly reply with, "Really?" I mean, she's a lot smaller than I am, but I did not think she would be underweight. And then I ask, "How tall are you?" She starts to giggle...."Oops, instead of 5'6", I told it I was 6'6"!" I follow up with, "See, you're not fat, you're just short!"
Old 06-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #72
Getting fit and healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 362638 View Post
"See, you're not fat, you're just short!"
That's so funny! I love it!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #73

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

wow...i hadn't really thought of a christmas goal as in what i want to be wearing...like a particular outfit. I am definately going to be thinking on this one now. I kinda usually think more of New years Eve. Like wearing a little, tight strappy dress....like in your pic 362638. I've never had an opportunity to wear something like that. Well...not since i was in high school anyways. I had the body for it back then but not the money. My aunt made me this hideous dress. Okay....it wasn't that bad, but it was nothing like what i had in mind. Hmmmm...let me think of what i want to use as my goal for christmas. Great idea!!!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=lumifan4ever
Old 06-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #74
I am a thin person!

Lumifan! You and I both - that picture is from my Junior Prom! HAHAHAHA!!! I know I look about 28 in it, but I was 17 years old. I'm 38 now ... the dated gold lame` dress didn't give it away?!?!?! May 1986!!!!! I was between 135-140 pounds. All my friends were tiny little things, no hips, no curves, and I was so jealous! I am full of sayings theses days, but here goes: "Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone." So, that's me....I'm in that dress, and while I have no desire to wear that dress again, I think I'd like to be able to fit into it. Odddly, I'm not overly attached to any particular number right now. I think I look fab at 150 (size 12-ish for me) but quite frankly, a size 16 anything would be a dream come true right now. (o: I am looking forward to just being smaller, and the good news is that 210 is going to feel better than 215 and so on. So, here's to just simply feeling better!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #75
Michelle the Vegan

I still have a couple of my prom/homecoming dresses (I'm 40 by the way) including a purple monstrosity from a year when "southern belle" dresses with hoop skirts no less were all the rage. It is the most god-awful, be-ribboned, be-ruffled, lacey, foo foo thing I've EVER seen. When I can fit into it again I'm going to surprise DH when he comes home from work one day by serving dinner in it.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.