3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Commitment to Christmas

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #46

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Morning all, I agree, too weird having all that gone. Just took YS to take the SAT, wish him luck. Today is a bit of a me day, going to get my hair done. Roots are popping thru and have a bit too much gray for my liking. Ah well, tomorrow is my B'day, I'll be 42 and we've raised 2 nice young men (and DH!) guess i've earned all the grays I have!
Fighting the good fight today. My turbo jam DVDs came in the mail, I am going to try one a bit later!

Last edited by mothermavis : 06-07-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #47
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mothermavis
I should be maintaining by then also. Have to keep myself on track. Most of the time all that I am doing is just everyday life. Doesn't seem hard it is just what I do. Going to see about this summer. Last summer I had just started this journey and I was eating lots of lean cuisines. That was great, I learned portion sizes again and didn't have to mess with cooking. I added dairy and fruits and veggies and had a balanced diet. Now, I am eating " real " food lol. Might need to be a bit more carefully because of not making the big meals anymore because of the heat. Those little quick meals are not generally as good for us as the full coarse meals. We are going to have Christmas pics this year. Part of me doesn't want the time to fly by because I want to enjoy this summer. Part of me wants it to be over with so I am at goal finally.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.5 ) BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.5)
One for each 5 pounds lost

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #48
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

MMavis -- Happy early birthday!

DH and I just did a really nice bike ride and I'm hoping I'll also get to the pool this evening. I am getting excited about the California trip we are taking in July -- due to various circumstances, we haven't gone anywhere together in a loooong time, and this trip is going to be a blast. We going to the Big Sur area and will be doing tons of hiking in all the great places up and down the coast there. I'm working hard every day to make sure I'll as light and as fit as I can be before we leave on July 19th, it is such a motivation.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)
Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #49
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Yikes, it is odd to have a couple weeks worth of post just gone like that.

Well, yesterday's WI showed me down another pound, to 192! As the day progressed I developed either a short-lived flu or a whalloping case of indigestion, so I hardly ate (and what I ate didn't... er, stick around long). Really unpleasant, but I guess the silver lining is I may lose a bit more from that.

Hope you all are doing well. Jo, your trip sounds like tons of fun! I'm not going on a vacation until January, so that's farther than the Christmas goal. My birthday is at the end of July though, it's fun to use that as a bit of a carrot and see how much smaller I can be for my bday.

Edited to add: So I got curious and hopped on the scale. Yow!! Down to 190.5!!! I don't recommend the flu as a weight loss method, but hey I'm not gonna knock it.

Last edited by Betsi : 06-07-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #50
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

my weighin was down 2lbs. it is weird to have all those posts gone lol.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #51
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I am new and was looking through the threads wondering if anyone else had Christmas as a goal! I am thrilled that I found you! (o:

My brother-in-law is getting married in October, and I want to take a family picture for our Christmas cards at his wedding. I can make good progress in 4 months! I just wanted to say hello, and let you all know I appreciate this thread!

Monica
Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #52

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Monica! Glad you are joining us. The group is great and very supportive. Set your goal and away you go. We have been trying to weigh in on Fridays together. Hope we can all get started knowing you. I'm still pretty new and still navigating around the site.

Kathy
Old 06-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #53
I am a thin person!

Thanks! I think this is a great place, and I look forward to progress! I will join the Friday weigh in. (o:
Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #54

Welcome Monica!!!

Haley & Betsi, wtg on the pounds lost.

I just weighed in this AM, I am back down to 148.4, so that is a tiny bit ahead of schedule for Christmas! I am hoping to hit 145 by the end of the month and change my ticker!!

Rennie, I did the LC thing for a while too, like you, I now eat real food in reasonable portions and move my butt from the couch. Last night though, I went to bed about 10:30 because the cookie gremlins were calling me to graze in the kitchen and I was afraid if I stayed up, I was going off plan. I know when I quit smoking several years back, sometimes I had to just go to bed because the cravings were ridiculous, but I made it through that and hae not had a cigarette in years. I can make it thru this and maintain at my goal weight too.

Josephine, you are a running machine, you amaze me!!

OK all, got to go get ready for church. TTYL

Last edited by mothermavis : 06-08-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #55
I am a thin person!

Last Christmas I bought the word BELIEVE (made out of wooden letters)for my mantel. I forgot that it was there. I must see it every day, but it has just become part of the landscape of my living room. It just caught my eye. It means something different for each of us yet something the same I am sure.

BELIEVE
Old 06-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #56
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Monica, beautiful avatar! You are I started in about the same place and are headed to about the same place! We'll get there!

I keep forgetting we do Friday weigh ins on this thread: last Friday I was 174.4, this Friday I was 169.6, which is a 4.8 pound loss. Good week for me!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)
Old 06-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #57
I am a thin person!

Josephine-

That is a great week - how exciting! Right now, the idea of joining the "under 200" club is exhilarating for me. Seeing so many people working at getting healthier and making progress is more motivating than I thought it would be. Where have I been?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #58
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!

I dont know if the crash deleted the 500 miles to xmas forum but if not can someone send me the link again ...

Thank you

Signature Last Updated: 1/11/2012

One or for every 5lbs. lost
Old 06-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #59

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Great job, Josephine!

Believe--you know, Monica, maybe that is the thing that I have been missing to make me successfully lose weight. Makes me wonder if I ever believed I could do it, because it is just so overwhelming to think about the numbers. Maybe the short goals were even too big, or the "all or nothing" attitude got me. Something to ponder.

Have a great day Monday, all.

Kathy
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #60

Here's the 500 miles link! 500 Miles by Christmas!!

I had a great weekend, hope you all did too.

Karen, how was the Birthday party?

Josphine, what a great result, good job! All those miles paying off.

Monica, thanks. Believe is a wonderful way to get there.

Kathy, Haley, Betsi, Rennie and anyone I missed Happy Monday!

I did good this week, tracking down, this morning the scale was a little up, but I had an ice cream for my B'day and did alot of Turbo Jam yesterday. I am sure with today's back to work and water schedule it will be just fine.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.