Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

Well what a week-end..We went away to my hubby's aunt and uncles in Burlington and then we went to Wonderland, I was good and bad, that wasnt even the worse. We ate supper lastnight, pork chops and baked potato at 4 :30 and by 7pm I was in majour pain up near my ribs, we thought it was heartburn so I took 3 rolaids and then a few minutes later I vomited then drank pepto and a few minutes later vomited again(pain still fierce as ever) and then vomited again. I was on my hands and knees in major pain so then I knew it wasnt heartburn. My hubby took me into the ER and the dr did his exams and said its definately not heartburn its your galbladder.I have to have a xray within the next few days to see if it needs to be removed.He gave me demarol and the pain was still full force so he gave me more then I was higher than a kite*L* and feeling NO PAIN!!! I'm exhausted today and didnt go to work(I'm the boss there) so that helped. I have to wait to see if I need surgery or not.I remember my mom had the same thing she had hers removed a few years ago, she told me today that my grandma(her mom) had hers removed too and one of my brothers told me today that he had to have his removed too, so it runs in our family. I dont feel like eating too much but I have to to keep up with my herbal magic diet.Oh btw I lost .6lbs over the week-end only because of all the vomiting I did due to my galbladder, so thats the only good thing that came out of it all.

Sorry so long... keep up the good work ladies, we can do it!!!!

Isabel
Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #212  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

I had my gall bladder out about 10 years ago. It had gotten to the point where they HAD to take it out when they did because it was already causing some funky stuff to go on with my liver (and yellow really isn't my color ... especially when it's my skin!). It wasn't too bad, though, when all was said and done.

Speaking of not being too bad, I did end up gaining this week -- 2.2 back on BUT my scale also measures Body Fat % and it said I dropped that a little so I'm hoping the weight was mostly water retention and will fly right off! Wish me luck!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I've walked away from the scale and all challenges except this one. I was starting to feel out of control and overwhelmed. That leads to major binging and that leads the scale back up.

I am not weighing again until at least the 4th of July. I am going to work really hard at planning everything every day up to that point (with regards to water, food and exercise) and I will hopefully be back on track by then!

36 have a great beach day!

Karen- good luck!

Kathy, welcome back!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #214  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang! This is Day 104 of plan for me, and no, the novelty of being in the triple digits still has not worn off!!

Yesterday was my official weigh in day and I'm not down 46.2 pounds in 14 weeks. Basically, I know what I need to do each week and I'm getting it done. I'm not currently having too many emotional struggles with food, with is a tremendous relief for a binge eater like me, and I hope things continue like that!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Things are plugging right along for me. We had my nephew's birthday party on Sunday. I stayed with in my calorie range, and even enjoyed a small piece of cake and a couple bites of ice cream. Afterwards I hit the pool for soe water aerobics. I used to think counting calories was too much work, but I it really isn't and I love the flexibility. I have also learned if I eat a little more I should exercise a little more. Maybe I am catching on to this whole diet and exercise thing...it only took me 42 years!!

3 pounds gone this week!!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up

Good morning, girls. I am doing better than last week, and have started this day as planned. Seems I am dumping some water weight again, so that is good. Maybe the Friday weight will give me something positive. I just am feeling trapped, I guess. It seems that things only go right if I am "perfect", and as soon as I am even the slightest off-track, I pay in a big way. Maybe I will figure it out by Christmas. It is a tough journey any way you look at it.
I like your attitudes, Josephine and KateB. Hope I can catch it!
Everyone have a good day. Check in later.

Kathy

Last edited by TappingPeony; 06-24-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls - today's better then yesterday. I couldn't handle all the emotions of yesterday - but I still managed to keep the food under control.

Today's good - although i've slacke don the H2O intake.. but I have a 16 oz glass in front of me now... and that's all I'll be drinking tonight

26 weeks & 2 days left! And I have #31 left to lose! That means I'm still on target if I lose #1.2 every week. I was happy to be down yesterday, even with TOM looming around. I'm going to keep going! I CAN DO THIS!!! I'm starting the exercise weekly goal again - 30 mins 6 days a week. and keep around 1500 calories. I know I can do this! Just stick with me girls!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #218  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

I think there must be something in the air today because we all seem to be in such better moods than yesterday! Even I'm feeling particularly awesome about the way things are going right now and I feel like I a solid footing on what needs to happen and how to do it. Well ... food-wise, anyway. I'm still working out the kinks for exercise but that will come!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 AM   #219  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Going to the beach is exactly what I needed! Playing in the sand and just breathing in the ocean air was sooooo good for me!

Ate well today, and walked to the grocery store tonight with the kids. Felt good to walk instead of drive. Normally, after a day at the beach I am too exhausted to walk anywhere, so my energy level must be going up. That is very exciting!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Isabel, how are you making out with the Dr? Is everything ok now?

Karen, It does sound like everyone is feeling better about this.

I am up in water again, trying to stay on plan and not get bummed.
I just keep telling myself I am worth it!

Kate, I agree, 42 years to get this right but we can get it right!

Josephine, I keep striving for where you are, I will get there!

OK all, I know I missed some but I don't mean to, we are all in this together.

Gotta go get ready for work.

Does anyone have a pedometer or a heart rate monitor? I am considering both. If you do, are you using them at all? Pros? Cons? Suggestions?

Last edited by mothermavis; 06-25-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone-

Lets hope the good moods continue through the week!!! we have been having beautiful weather i Minnesota and I know that has helped my mood in a big way!!

Yesterday I walked to the bank and post office for work, it is about 9 blocks one way. I decided they don't pay for my gas driving all over, so I can walk and get a little exercise in. Then I had to pack up the camper. Our family's annual trip to the Rodeo in Clear Lake, SD. The boys went out ahead of the rest of us. Daughter and son's GF have workissues and can't leave until Thursday. But I noticed something really cool. It used to be when I packed the camper I would put a laundry basket in the kid's old wagon, fill it up with what needed to go out there, pull it to the camper and then load it in the camper. That way I made less trips out to the camper, and I didn't have to carry anything. This time I made several trips back and forth, carried everything and was never out of breath. OK maybe the old was a bit more efficient...but who needs efficiency when you are in shape!!!!

Rodeo poses it's own set of obsticles. I am planning meals carefully. I am making the tradional family camping favorites, but then also tweaking things so I am eat something similar, but still staying on plan. We packed the bikes so Ican get some riding in, and there will be plenty of walking. I don't care if I don't lose this week....I just don't want to gain!!! And YES...I plan on having ONE s'more by the campfire. I will work it into my calorie count for the day.

have a great week everyone!!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!!

Mmavis...i understand what you mean about feeling overwhelmed with all the challenges. I am feeling challenged out. I'm not hitting any of my goals...heck...i'm not even getting remotely close to my goals. Actually, i am going away from my goals as opposed to going toward them. I think i should just focuse on one goal or two. I think i'll stay here with the christmas one..and just focus on the Memorial Day Challenge.

36...I love the beach. I'm glad you and your family had such a great time. I wish i could walk to the store when i needed something but i live sort of in the country...nothing close to really walk to. So glad that you are feeling more energized these days.

Whoopsie...I agree. once you get the food down pat, you can start working on the excersize. thing. I gotta get to work on them both. lol.

Enygirl...i got faith in you!! You can do this. Just hang in there.

Ok. I am ready for today. I am planning to eat healthy today and at about 1200. I think i'm going to do 1200 one day 1500 the next and so forth. That way it will keep my body guessing. One day i'll actually add in some excersize too. Last night i didn't excersize but i spent from 7:30 to 10:30pm on my feet cleaning my house. I cleaned out my bedroom closet, which took alot of work, i vacummed my room and washed dishes and cooked dinner. I was so glad to lay down last night. I didn't eat much for dinner. I actually ate at my bf's before heading home. I had 2 hotdogs, no bread. And a half cup of cherry vanilla icecream. That's it. So...yesterday was a bagel, a grilled chicken salad with cheese and vinegarette dressing (more vinegar than oil though), half a donut, 2 hotdogs (no buns) and half a cup of icecream (130 cal). Not so bad, i don't think. Today is a bagel, a can of tuna with pickles on 2 slices of white bread, a banana and a yogurt. Maybe a 100 calories snack pack...I don't know about dinner yet. Maybe thaw out some chicken breast strips...not sure.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #223  

Lumi - how are you doing on your goals? You never seem to update your tickers so it's hard for me to keep tabs on you!

Whoopsie - how about you.. you still truckin' along to our Christmas "Overweight" goal? I know that I'm working towards it! NO BINGING BEFORE WEIGH IN!!!! 's coming sooner then we'd like!

26 weeks and 1 day left!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Eny....I'm ashamed to say i never update my tickers because i'm not doing anything. Not losing weight, not doing much excersize...~~sigh~~. But it's going to change starting today. Or yesterday. lol. I am not getting the excersize thing in right now because i can't afford to go give the gym my money...and it's so hot outside to try to go running after work. (My excuses). But...I'm going to definately be working on my food. When i get paid again, i'm switching back to Healthy Choice for lunch because it comes with the veggies i don't seem to be bringing to work for lunch. I'm drinking my water now. Just finished off one bottle, about to go refill and grab a cold one out of the fridge. Should have second one done by lunch time. Gotta drink a total of at least 4 bottles a day.

How's your family challenge going?? I see your sis has lost 5 pounds already. Wow...she's on a roll, huh?? Come on girl...I'm rooting for you to win that gift card!!! lol.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #225  

My sister's cheating! She's under a TON of personal stress and unlike me - she loses weight in those instances. Right now I'm more worried about her stress level then anything.

Lumi - that's ok - just stop making excuses to not do stuff and make excuses to DO IT!!! YOU HAVE TO!!! (not that I'm any athority or anything ) Is there anyway you could run later in the evening? I know that right after I get out of work it's really hot - but It's not so bad around 7 - 7:30 so when i walk outside that's when I go. I'm trying to get BF to go with me today. He's in that "I want to lose weight, but don't want to do anything about it" phase... we've all been there. All I can do is keep asking him right? I told him that I'm going for a walk in an 1/2 hour and I'd ask him again then...but I'm thinking it'll be another night walking alone (DD usually rides her bike, but she's at my dad's). It doesn't bother me really - I like reflecting on the day, and listening to music. I'll be SO happy when I hit the 1/2 way mark and reward myself w/ a MP3 player! It'll be AWESOME! Only #9.5 more to lose until that pont.
Closed Thread