Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #61  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Tommy decided he didn't want to swim tonight so after 10 minutes of getting ready we spent 10 minutes in the pool. I dont think he is feeling well. I came home with him while DH is at the pool with Makie.

after dinner I am going to shower and pass out (last night I needed ear plugs if you can believe it.) I only got four hours sleep for the second night in a row. Not even going to try to head to the gym, I need sleep. BUT tomorrow I am going to get up and have a wonderful time working out and being healthy.

I was going to take the kids to the zoo on Saturday but Its supposed to snow (of all things). Its not supposed to snow in the middle of April on the WA coast. MAN The drive to the zoo is 3 hours. NOT going to do it in the snow.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #62  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Day 4 is coming to a close (already over for you East Coasters). About the only exercise I got today was rolling my eyes and clicking on the dancing carrot. I did a combination of ED - stayed decent with calories by eating for 1. Not that I should be eating for two but that wouldn't have stopped me before. Water was about 1.2 oz today. Work had me spun. Exercise was resting. I think changing the walking routine the last couple of days had me walking around like a wooden toy.

Found a program on at 6am on FitTV - its an exercise ball workout. Lots of bouncing but think I am going to try it tomorrow. Supposed to be a decent ab work out... oh fooey.. I forgot Mmunches and pushups today too. I did do one ultra cat like karate move to get the office whiner to leave my area today. Does that count?

MTiger - your scale is going to smile at you tomorrow. I promise and no gain is NO GAIN so embrace it! I'm rootin for ya.

Graze - your quiet day result, beer, chips, mag... sounds like EXACTLY what I need right now. CBF (crabby boyfriend) and LDS (lazy dear son) are like oil and water right now. One wants me to deliver messages to the other who wants to ignore me. I cant win.

HT - good girl for staying on it!

Lea and jcat - happy zzzzzz's

Where's Mommy and Lumi and Eny and Aud?
ALL POINTS BULLETIN! WE HAVE WEEDERS MISSING!!!!!!!

I hope I wake up tomorrow and they are all present and accounted for. I would definitely start my morning post with more dancing carrots if we were all here and safe and strong!

Okay... gonna go trip thru bathing suit sites. Be good girls...
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #63  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Kaboom!! Pow!!! Explosion!!
Yep that is the sound of my scale coming to the end of it's useless life.

Last week it hovered between 220-221. This week between 219-220. Yippee skippee. I am done with it. What in the world do I try now? In four weeks I have gone up two pounds and then down three. WOW!!! I know I have to shock my body, but how? Any suggestions ladies on how to break through this plateau? I need some help before my ship sinks.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Last edited by mtiger; 04-18-2008 at 09:00 AM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

nIX - I'M HERE!!! wORK HAS BEEN nuts - WHICH IS GENERALLY WHEN I POST. and apparently my pinkie finger is feeling frisky with the capslock key...

You catch you up - I've been walking my miles... still haven't quite caught up to where I should be - but I'm gaining ground Hunter and I walked to her school yesterday and then played on the playground for a good 45 mins. Let me tell you that little girl tires me out! but it's a total of 1.2 miles there and back.. so it was a good walk too. I'm hoping that maybe I can take a good power walk by myself this weekend - maybe do another 5K and see if I can better my best time

It'll be hard since I have to wrok this weekend form home - and I have a MOUNTAIN of clean laundry that's been sitting on my couch for a week! It'll all work out though.

So my hit for the day
W - Keep the bottle filled and empty it regularly
E - Sensibly.. no more TOM cravings taking over (this weeks has been rough)
E - Walk my butt off (LITERALLY)
D - "Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed." - Abraham Lincoln
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #65  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Eny I love your different quotes...I've been collecting the ones I really like and have been keeping those in a file
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday girls. I know i seem to be missing in action alot lately. I was out sick yesterday. Feeling okay today. The other day i may have reported my weight being up to 139 but thank heavens, after hitting a TON of water wednesday, my weight is down to 136.4 this morning. That makes me feel so much better. Eating will not be great today, but it won't be too terribly bad. My dd's are having a girl over tonight and i am ordering papa johns pizza. The good thing is i am ordering thin crust...cheese and the works. Both of which seem to have the least calories and somewhat healthy...i think. Anyways...already plugged in 3 slices (just in case....i usually eat 2 slices but that's original crust.)

so weed for today:
W- 64 ounces
E- 1300-1400
E- not sure yet...maybe a one mile jog/walk today..depends on my headache at the end of the day.
D- just take it one day at a time.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #67  
Calorie Counter

All righty Mindy, I know the frustrations of the scale. I promise you. I have stayed at or around the same weight for the past year. I will lose, then gain, then lose then gain. I would start with mixing everything up. higher intensity workouts followed by a lower intensity workout maybe say every other day. Make sure you are lifting some weights not to bulk up but to tone those muscles you do have. Do a light weight with say (for example) 4 sets of 15 reps. I cant remember are you counting calories? are you sticking to 1500 calories? I count my calories everything that I eat I count. make sure to watch serving sizes. How is your sodium intake. I eat alot of Lean Cuisene's (okay I eat them cant spell it) they are quite high in sodium so I only eat them once a day. Keep up the hard work you are doing awsome! Remember you can only take it off one pound at a time, we want instant results but the scale is only a side effect to our healthy WEED living. And a pound a week is really nothing to smirk at (even a half pound a week is great!!!!! You will get through this. YOU WILL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow I slept for almost 12 hours last night. I feel nice and rested and ready for the day. Workout and house work. If I get my house work done we are going to the zoo weather permitting, we may also go to the childrens hands on museum. I'm thinking about heading to my moms for a visit this afternoon. I got on the scale this morning and it is down another pound I am pretty excited to get back on to my workouts. 4 days of working out Being home is harder on my calories because I have a lot more choices and if I let myself get too hungry then I over eat. So I am going to try and eat like I would at work. every 2 hours: protein shake, yogurt, lean cuisene or soup, protein shake, yougurt, then dinner. I am going to try and avoid eating much in the way of pasta for this week and see where it takes me.

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes cardio 2X ; 20 minutes weights; 20 minutes stretching and pilates with mmunches and push-ups
E1200 cals stay OP dont get over hungry
DHouse work and visit my Mom
Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #68  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Ok..meant to post this earlier...but just now getting to it. I think it's a NSV since the scale isn't my friend.

I had a light breakfast, had one big cup of coffee..and there were chocolate chip cookies when i got to work.

I ate one. Just one. I wanted more...but went thru a series of emotions about the cookie. Whined in my head about it....complained that other coworkers are fighting with 3 or 4 pounds and they can eat it and think nothing of it or not gain anything...then i remembered i had my orange....I ate the big orange instead. It wasn't the good cookie, but the orange is better for me even though it was a little dry.

I told my mom about it...and what did she say? She said that it was disturbing to go through that many emotions over a cookie and said I should quit obsessing over it.

That really hurt Considering she has weight issues herself, I think I made the right choice. Why would she even say something like that?

Then again she's in my ear every morning this week....telling me what to do, what not to do with my lazy DH and how I'll always have to do everything if I don't light a fire under his butt. She's also trying to tell me to get a bigger house, to do this, that, and the other. And then goes off in her own pity party because "nobody appreciates her" and "it's not HER house she's living in anyway so she doesn't have anything." Almost like a guilt trip because we want our own stuff.

At least I go to work, pay my bills, own my car, and can take care of myself. She's 15 years older than me and I'm having to raise her too *sighs*

This week DH has been awesome with the whole house thing. I mean *really* awesome about it. The ladies that have been with me for a while know how he can get....and this is a totally different thing for him.

I just needed to release. My feelings are hurt about the whole thing with mom. Thanx for listening

Last edited by Holyteror; 04-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #69  
Calorie Counter

Aww, Amy you did make the right choice. you absolutely know you did. Good Job! I wish your mom would have told you that. I think we all have gone through that range of emotions over something like a cookie, doughnut, cake. If we eat it we beat ourselves up about it and know that is 500 calories more that we need to burn. Then we tell ourselves we should have been stronger. And then we ask why doesn't anybody else think about those of us who are trying to eat healthy. I am proud of you for being able to stop at one then eating your orange. Good job!

Done with most of my workout still have my second 30 minute cardio to do. Working on my protien shake right now. I wish the prices hadnt gone up on my favorite ones but the powder stuff is drinkable anyway. Telling myself to get moving on the dishes but want to be lazy today (but I wont because if it isn't done no playtime with DH and the kiddos tomorrow. Thinking about making a chicken stirfry for dinner tonight, but I want to use fresh veggies not the frozen ones I have. We'll see. We have to hit the veggie and fruit stand tonight after sports also the meat market. Then we will go to the grocery store and buy whatever is left (shouldn't be much) I think I am going to put my rice cooker to use again (its been stored for about oh, 4 years) Does anyone have Ideas for healthy slow cooker recipes? I really want to use that this week, but usually I just cook roasts and soups in it and would love some ideas.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #70  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Jcat: I just got a little book from one of my coworkers kid's fundraisers about slow cooker recipes. I will see what I can find and share.

Thanx for the support I know there are more cookies in there but i'll just have to turn up my music louder and ignore them.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #71  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mid day 5 Week 5.... Whew... what a day already. OH! and an Extra for Eny and Lumi! Still lookin for MOMMY and AUD?

Mtiger - so... I understand that you lost a lb. Just to give you and idea Yeah, you lost that.... 1 lb of fat. Couldnt post the pic full size and tried to find something to compare it. Posting from work has me limited on time right now, but YOU ARE WORTH IT AND I WILL FIND A COMPARABLE ITEM! That ULGY MASS removed from your body in itself is a HUGE ORDEAL! Gonna go REread some of your posts. I changed up my routine and started mixing treadmill with ellipitical and pushed myself on the weights. Just started this week, so we'll see how it pans out. But my scale says its working. DO NOT GIVE UP!

Everyone else.... hold tough! I am forcing the water down today and will be lucky to get a work out in tonight. Have to rig all my rods for a bass tournament tomorrow. Gonna kick BF's crabby butt! I'll either make him proud by pulling up a bunch of fish, or worsen his mood. Either way, I'm going for it!

WEEDing at every turn....

WEEKEND WEEDER QUESTION-- Have you planned to conquer the obstacles that your weekend plans may bring? Start thinking about it now. I know I am!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #72  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default Come on Tiger!

Found a pic to give us all a better idea of the VOLUME that one lb of fat is. Little better Idea with some one holding it eh?

Love ya bunches... It may be friday but the week isn't over!!! the weekend!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #73  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

oh lord, and to think i want to lose 50 of those. i feel awful

I got my mmunches and pushups in today.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #74  
Calorie Counter

I know its small but that is 5 pounds of fat versus 5 pounds of muscle.

Thanks for the pics nixmom kinda gross isn't it.

Last edited by jcatron243; 04-18-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #75  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

lol i will download that pic too. Gonna put them on my ipaq with my Salma Hayek and Elvira photos....so i know what I have to lose in order to become.

I gotta find a butterfly too