Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #76  

Hi Ladies,
I've decided to jump in! I know somebody is close to their 5 lb. goal, but I just couldn't wait until the next challenge. I'm lucky because I can lose weight pretty quickly, but the downside is that even the slightest indiscretion in my diet will bump up my weight in no time. If I ever get to my goal, maintenance is going to be very challenging!

I'm starting at 217.5 (have to change my ticker--that, sadly, was what I did before Christmas )

My goal is 212.5
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #77  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Darby, glad you decided to jump in now! I know what you mean about having to be soooo careful! Kitty was saying saying the same thing in her post this morning. My husband ate 2 pints of ice cream on Sunday night (along with many other indiscretions throughout the week including donuts!). Monday morning he was up only 1 pound, and this morning he was back down 2 pounds. HELLO!?!?! If I even licked a the top of the ice cream container I'd be up 4 pounds. So unfair!

I can't wait until we get to maintenance! A challenge for us to look forward to!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #78  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I was right! 350 cals set me back 1.5 pounds! Oh well, not real weight, just water. I did not do any exercise since thursday. I am finding I need to sweat regularly or am get all swelled up!
And now, this awesome web site, which just inpired me to get dinner going in a slow cooker has delayed me from my exercise!! Move kitty move!!!

queen of procratination in now going to park to hang with kids. GOAL- treadmill tonight-- there I said it!!

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-22-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #79  
Motivate Me!

S/C/G: 162/147/130

Height: 5'2

Down this morning, a little. I did slim in 6 last night. I just jumped into week 2 instead of starting at week 1 because it bores me! Anywa, i sweated, i now hurt, but it's worth it. The lbs will come off slower with excersise, but that's what will [I]sculpt[I] my body, so I'm game.

I do love that author. Also, I have a crush on Edward Norton. He just seems like this mysterious guy that if you met in a dark room, one couldn't help, but listen to his secrets/stories/and unique pick up lines. MMMM!

Anyway...

4/21~149...144...5lbs to go
4/22~148.6...143...4.6lbs to go!

Really, i'm only 14lbs from my ultimate goal, so i need help because this is when i fall off!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #80  
Michelle the Vegan

Great job TM! It must be SO NICE to be so close to your goal! Whoo hoo!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #81  
Motivate Me!

It is nice, but also I find myself self-sabatouging when I get this close. So, I may need extra help/tips. I've heard it's more difficult to lose the last ten. I wonder if that's the person not trying as hard, or the body. They say it's the body, but I don't think you're body knows [I]Your[I] specific goal, only if it's the true weight you're to be at. I don't know. But do you know any tricks of the trade to really jump start this weight loss? I'm so nervous i can taste it!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 282/198/130

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to join too.

206....201.......206...5 to go

Dina
Old 04-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #83  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Dina!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-22-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #84  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

YES! The scale moved I couldn't break 231 for about a month. I seen 230.8 this morning. Not very far from 231 I know .....I will take it ....YAY! This is usually when let myself have that extra treat and gain it back Not this time....I wont I wont

start weight: 232
weight loss: 1.2
5 pound goal: 227
Old 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #85  
Michelle the Vegan

Yay Losing4another! Good job!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #86  
Motivate Me!

Congrats on losing the ounces! I know the feeling, wanting it so bad, that even if it's a couple of ounces, it means the world. Don't cheat today...eat protetin, but not too much and enjoy being thinner! I'm very proud of you
Old 04-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #87  
Motivate Me!

Default Burn Calories

So actually, I'm 18lbs from goal. Once i hit the 5lb challenge, then it'll be about 14lbs away. Ya know what i hate about dieting? Is, the waiting for the next morning, to weigh in.

Know what else bugs me? Walking for an hour only burns about 180 calories! Jeze laweze! Is there any exercises out there, besides running (i need to work my way up to that) that burns a **** load of calories...not sex either. Just serious advice about burning the most cals.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #88  
Michelle the Vegan

High-impact aerobics, jumping rope, cross country skiing... unfortauntely, sex doesn't even rate.

Power walking comes really close to jogging, so if you are already walking I'd suggest suggest that.

Mile for mile you can't beat swimming either...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #89  

Height: 5'5"

Hey, TM! Looks like you and I are both closing in on the end game, and I am really struggling - even when I am perfectly on plan, it seems as though I am not getting the rewards.

Your exercise question is a great one for the exercise forum, but my quick suggestion would be to get a heart rate monitor and use it to make sure you are kicking up the intensity on any exercise you do. You might also want to try High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). There's some research that suggests this is the best way to burn calories rather than simple steady-state cardio. There's lots of good chatter about it in the exercise forum from people who know way more than I do about it, but in a nutshell, HIIT is just pushing your heart rate up as high as you can handle it for a minute or so, then recovering by going at a slower rate for two or three minutes, then pushing it back up again. At least, that's how I understand it.

Using a heart rate monitor, you can make sure you are getting the most out of any exercise you do - whether it be walking, biking, the elliptical, etc. The "180 per hour" figure you cite for walking is only a vague estimate based on an average sized person walking at an average pace - virtually meaningless wihout knowing what is considered average. A heart rate monitor will give you some good info about exactly what you're doing.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #90  
Motivate Me!

Thanks so much for all the advice. And that's okay that sex doesn't rate...i still LOVE it. Anyway, i'll check out the hit, training. I shall get a heart monitor also, i was thinking of that the other day, but forgot.

We should get at this together than if we're both really close. That'll help to have extra motivation. Where were you when you started, what is your goal?

I've lost 17lbs so far, but can't really tell. That sucks and is frustrating
Closed Thread