Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #61  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

gg--Did you request to be on the black team again?

mrsaugie--Yeah summer is a tough time of year because I work in recreation so it is summer camp time.

I can't believe another month is nearing the end. Next month will be month 6. I think it will be a great opportunity for us to evaluate how we are doing.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Shay - Yes . . . I requested to be on the Black Team again. I'm battling TOM this week. Keep waiting to have a good weigh in. Yesterday I was up 2 pounds. Today it was 3. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Are you?? What team have you requested?

Enygirl - I had a bad weekend, too . . . and then it dovetailed into a bad week so far.

TTTA - I just ordered my oldest son's class ring. He graduates in 2 years. It's slipping by so quickly . . .

I fell off my horse. Not a literal horse, but my healthy journey horse. In the last 4 or 5 days we've found out two friends have cancer. One of them is liver cancer and it sounds REALLY bad. AND . . . I've approached my x-husband about increasing the child support. First time I've done it in 12 years and then he told me he's filed for some kind of annulment through the Catholic Church. I guess I have a lengthy list of questions coming my way. I don't know if I'm going to respond or not. I can't believe my x wants me to tell a priest the details of our disastrous marriage. It will NOT paint a pretty picture of him as a person. It's nobody's business. Can you see a bunch of celibate priests reading the sordid details of my life? I don't want to be their soap opera for the day. Ya know??

My mother is moving and is having a yard sale this weekend. (If it would stop snowing!!)

I'm trying to climb back up onto my horse!!! Wish me luck!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #63  
My Evolution

gg--I am excited for the challenge to start. I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds. I will weigh in on Saturday and just deal with what the scale tells me. I was unable to request a team because I quit prior to week 8. I would be happy with any of the leaders. Julz is my Fl Gators friend. Chelle was my leader this past challenge. Melissa was my leader the challenge before so I would be happy with any team. I have no doubt you will get back on the horse.

Well, if I make it through the night I will have made it through 30 days binge free. I am so proud of myself for many reasons but especially because work and school having been kicking my behind and I have survived it w/o bingeing.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #64  

I know it sounds selfish, but I hope we're on the same team! 30 binge free days is amazing!!

I need the contest to start again. It makes me more accountable and keeps me on track. My plan was to maintain in between challenges but I gained some and I'm just going to chalk it up and keep moving forward.

My goals are to stay OP and burn 500 calories every day. AND, in following your binge free success I am going to limit myself to only 7 glasses of wine a week. One a day . . . It will NOT be easy but it's something I really want to do.

Did anybody else from this group sign up for Just Beachy??
Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #65  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i missed the sign up for just beachy i was thinking about it though. maybe i will unofficially do it.

yes on a roll i exercised 4 days in a row. it has been a long time since i have done that and i also did 3 miles in 35 minutes. now getting in the Pilates (10 minutes that is all it takes 10 minutes) at 4:30 in the morning is another challange for me all in it self. i can do it interuption free. no dogs of Kayden to worry about getting in the way.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 04-24-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more to add
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #66  
My Evolution

gg--Thanks you are so sweet. I would love it if we are on the same team too. A lot of people find it hard to maintain during the break bw challenges. I think now that it is a sub forum that there will always be challenges with a few weeks in bw. We can continue to join them and just try to minimize the damage in bw.

mrsaugie--Just because you're not an official member doesn't mean you can't chat. Meaning you can post in any of the teams chat threads.

I made it 30 days binge free! Yeah for me ! Daggonit I realized I forgot I was watching some HRMs--my reward--on e-bay. I think I missed out getting a good price. I'm willing to wait a bit to get the price I want.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

30 days- Bravo!!
I think my horse ran away... hee hee! Although, I think I have gone 5 days binge free! Granted, my food choices haven't been great, but I at least haven't felt the need to loosen my pants after a meal.

What are these other challenges you girls are doing? I'm so boring- I never venture out of our happy forum.

Shay- when you mentioned that we are almost to the halfway point- that was a huge eye opener! I feel like I haven't accomplished anything substantial so far. It seems like it just takes so long to even establish awareness of all of the issues- to actually make progress on them is so hard! Kudos to all you girls who keep losing- you motivate me to try harder!

Happy Friday All! Have a healthy weekend!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #68  
Maggie

S/C/G: 245/234/145

Hi All, can someone help me with how all this works? I would like to join a challenge and you all sound so nice! I am a bit confused because I have never posted to threads, not sure if I am doing it right... Anyway, I am 234, started at 245 (in November, lost 10 and then stopped), and want to get the focus back. Oh, yeah, how do you get those cute little tickers to go under your posts, they are so cool!
maggiemay524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #69  
My Evolution

Maggie!

Tickers--You can't get one until you have been a member for 30 days and have made 30 posts. But here is a link for instructions: www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332

How does this work? Basically we are all working to reach our ultimate goal. That could be 10 pounds or more than 100. However long that takes we plan to stick together. We have a new thread each month. I usually get pounds losts, goals met, and nsv (non scale victories) and I post them at the beginning of each monthly thread. That's about it. We are here to support each other through the good, bad & the ugly !

TTTA--Me & gg are doing the "Just Beachy" challenge over in TBL forum. There are challenges every 13-15 weeks. Maybe you can join the next one. 5 days binge free is great. Regarding not really making progress...that is so not true. We have to celebrate the small victories too. They all count. I think if you really think about it you will find countless ways you have made progress.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #70  

TTTA - I laughed out loud when I read about your horse running away.

maggiemay - WELCOME to our group!!

mrsaugie - You're welcome to post your weight here in this forum, too . . . even if you aren't officially in the challenge. We're happy to share the stress of weigh in day with you! (Of course, I mean that in the SWEETEST way!)

Enygirl - Where are YOU???

Funny NSV - WARNING: Don't drink when you read this.

I'm working out last night doing a FIRM DVD and my son came downstairs to get something from his room. Usually when he does this the dog comes down and wants to lick the sweat off my legs. I feel him around the back of my thighs . . . his cold, wet little nose rubbing the back of my legs. I yell at him, "Duke! Go back upstairs!!" It happens again. I yell again. I look around but see no dog so I think he's gone back upstairs.

NO!! There was no dog. My fanny is small enough the back of my sweat soaked t-shirt was rubbing on my thighs, lower than hem of my shorts and I just THOUGHT it was the dog. I laughed out loud.

I'm working at my mom's yard sale today, having lunch with my girlfriends and then helping my mom pack for her move.

Hope everybody has a FAB weekend!!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

GG _ I'm here.. you know I only lurk when I'm doing bad! I've had a complete F*** it attitude I've lost inches - and gained pounds. I'm BACK UP TO #193!!!

This is NOT good - and I know it! I've lost my motivation.. and honestly because I don't have "live" competition - I have a hard time making it through a week being good!

I'm attempting to make a challenege w/ some of the girls at work for the next 8 weeks (until first of Summer) and hopefully that will be the kick that I need to get my butt going again!

Anyone have any great ideas for me to find my motivation again?
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Enygirl- slow down!!! You've lost inches- and that is huge!!! Don't beat yourself up over a number... (Hey, I should take my own advice... hee hee!) Go put your skinny jeans on and dance around to some cheesy 80's tunes- you'll feel better!

Welcome Maggiemay!

gg- all that chasing after my horse this week seems to be helping- hee hee! I had a NSV this week. There's a set of clothes I bought for my honeymoon 3 years ago that haven't fit for 2 summers. I put on a pair of capris out of desperation and voila! Not perfect, but a start.

Oh and I'm sick again. AGAIN. Of course I went to the stupid Dr, I HATE KAISER! There's of course nothing they can do for me, as usual. Of course, the good doc had to ask who I was when she walked into the room- awesome relationships they establish! She gave me a sheet of symptoms to watch for and to go back to see her if they appear- EXCEPT I HAVE THEM ALL ALREADY. I think it's safe to say I'm losing faith in medicine...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #73  
My Evolution

Eny--I always look at pictures of when I was heavier. That gives me some perspective. Inspirational quotes and affirmations work. Also looking at infomercials for exercise equipment or specific diets work (ie, Taebo, The Firm, Nutrisystem, Winsor Pilates). Magazines like Fitness, Self, WW, help too. Blogging. Getting on here and seeing the progress of others and receiving support.

TTTA--Congrats on the NSV!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #74  

TTTA - Awesome on the NVS's. There's nothing as motivating as getting into a smaller size. Now . . . do what I did . . . throw out the fat clothes FAST. Before you even think about getting back into them again.

Enygirl - I have one word for you . . . constipation. I know, it sounds crazy, but if you're smaller in inches and feeling bloated and have gained weight, it may be the culprit. It happens to me and it's awful. Healthy food weighs a TON. GET BACK INTO THIS CHALLENGE WITH ME!!! You can start today. A fresh, new beginning to a healthier you. Mrsaugie said she was going to "unofficially" do the challenge with Shay and I and you can too!!

Maggiemay - how was your weekend?

We moved my mom into her new apartment. I still need to pick up my un-sold stuff from the yard sale.

Hope everybody is happy, healthy, and OP!! I'm back in the saddle and looking forward to losing the 13 pounds I need to so I'm no longer obese, and just "overweight!"
Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #75  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

okay so i finally weighed myself on Saturday before i left for the weekend. and to my horror i gained alittle

weight currently is 180.2. i know it is not alot of weight but i know that i will dwell on it and feel like i screwed up somewhere over the last few weeks. i know it happens but that is what i tend to do for a little while.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote