Old 04-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #31  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Jo ~

Eny ~ How can your daughter NOT be awesome with such a kickass mama and moniker? Ugh, I've had strep before. Have you gone to get the shot? Hope you feel better soon baby.

Sorry I've been kinda MIA, just been kinda busy and tired. I think I got that job, she said she'll call me around Tuesday to let me know the times for the new training classes so.....I'll feel much better when I actually KNOW when I start.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #32  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning everyone! I'm so excited because the scale continued to drop this morning (I almost didn't even want to step on after yesterday's happy number in case it bounced back up slightly) and I lost 5.6 pounds this week! Yay! My husband must think I've lost my mind since I was bouncing around like a naked crazy lady in the bathroom! Anyway, I'm sure my body is just catching up to work from last week when I only lost 2 and was so surprised to lose less than 3. So now I'm caught up! Yippee!

Shari -- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the job, I'm sure it will be very exciting!

Eny -- your daughter sounds like SUCH a cutie! What an fantastic plan to come up with at just 6 years old! I hope you feel better soon, strep can really knock you on your butt! And you are SO close to your goal of single-digit clothes! WHOO HOO!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Eny - your DD is sooo cute!! Thats a great plan!! I hope your feeling better soon.
Tyler - WTG to go on the weight loss, let us know the official weigh in loss.

My weekend went well, my dad and scottish man got on great, dads new wife was strangely nice, she is usually a bit off with me - but everyone was on their best behaviour, including my gran - who is like the godfather of my dads side. LOL!

Weighed in today, 1lb down. Woo hoo! Surprising really considering the huge roast dinner we had at my dads, but Im happy with that!!
Tonight we are having freshly caught trout with straight out the garden veggies which I got from my dads farm.

Things are quietening down with work with me now, so I can start really concentrating on my weight loss. My goals for me this week are too:
1. Go to the gym or exercise 4 times.
2. Eat lots more veggies
3. Lose 1lb by next Monday.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! Only 15 days until weigh in! I'm hoping to rock it!
Thanks for the comments about my little one - She does ROCK!

I'm still feeling crappy today... so I went into work - did my reports that had to be done by 8:30 and then came home and I'm working in my jammies! that alone makes me feel a little better

I'm stressing a little - I realized that I forgot to record something last week in the checking account and now I have 2 things out there that will cause it to overdraw - money always makes me stress - and stress makes me want to...yep EAT!! I'm doing my best not to right now - and BF gets paid today - so hopefully he'll love me enough to CMA...

Ok girls - I'm going to attepmt to ge some more work done. and
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #35  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Jo ~ WOOOOT! :congrats:

Piggin ~ so glad everything went well with the family and Scot, YAYYYY for that lb!

Eny ~ Take a deep breath. It'll be okay.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #36  

Had a pretty good workout last night, I ran for 4 minutes straight on the treadmill so I was very pleased with myself, I think I could have ran for longer but i forgot to put my two sports bras on and things were getting a little uncomfy - sorry might be TMI at this hour of the morning!! But that is the only way I can run in relative safety and with minimal pain, two sports bras on!!! Eating was pretty good, we had a healthy dinner of freshly caught trout and veggies, but I ended up having 5 chocolates -which im not going to beat myself up about because previously i would have devoured the whole box.
Weather is horrible today, rain rain rain. Work is a bit blah. Heres a question for you, my current plan is to go back to scotland with scottish man when his tour ends here, that finishes in July, how much notice shall I give my boss? I dont want to tell them im leaving and then be here for another three months because that seems silly, maybe 2 months notice?! Im excited about going, new job new country to live in, meeting his family!! I would love to be close to under 200lbs by then also.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #37  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning all!

Eny -- hang in there, I'm sure your boyfriend will help you so nothing bounces! And I hope you feel better soon!

PP -- Here in the states we usually only give 2 or 3 weeks notice, but it may be different where you are? How exciting to be moving to Scotland, I'm envious. I have Scotch-Irish in my family and I've always wanted to go to both countries but haven't made it there yet. And I'm sure scottish man has that wicked sexy accent!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #38  

Hey guys - Thanks again for the support! Joe once again came through.. he then left me $ on the counter w/ a note of exactly what he wants me to buy at the store with it. What was really funny to me is that he really has NO clue how much things cost! It amused me

Piggin - It sounds like you could've used the extra support yesterday! - sorry I couldn't help it!

I would give about 4 weeks notice. I'm sure that people at work already know of your engagement etc. so they can't expect that nothing's changing right? But 4 weeks gives you time to at least partially trian someoneto replace you - and it makes it so no bridges get burnt.

Shari - What would I do w/ out you? Thanks for being there for me!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #39  
I'm on my weigh....

S/C/G: 274/264/215

Height: 5' 11"

Tyler and Piggin...CONGRATS to both of you!

Envy - You'll make it through, just keep pushing.

My week has been okay. I was on a business trip to Houston, and did stay on plan for the most part. I ate lots of fruits and vegetables, and low-fat wraps with no mayo or anything added. However, I did have chicken tenders while watching the games on Saturday night. That was really my only blunder.

I'm going to keep pushing. I weigh in tomorrow.
Ladybballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi Everyone. I have been very motivated so far this month. I have exercised everyday for the past 2 weeks and sometimes twice a day. I have been eating more salads and making slightly better food choices. I have been drinking lots of water. I have weighed myself a couple times and I am gaining! It’s so annoying; I have never exercised so consistently. I have hovered around this weight since before Christmas. Could this be my plateau? Could it be from the reduced smoking? (I say reduced as I smoked over the weekend when I was out with friends – naughty -Sorry Enygirl! )

Today will be huge temptation, it is Tuesday which is poker night, everyone will be drinking beer and smoking cigarettes and now we are planning to play at the most wonderful Italian pizzeria!

I am moving along nicely with the C25k program, I am shocked at how long I can run now after only doing it for a couple weeks. This week I need to run 20 mins without stopping which is pretty daunting, I don’t think I have been able to do that since I was 14.

JasonsLea, Glad to hear you are feeling better! And sticking to your plans.

Tyler – Congratulations on making it under the one hundreds! Your weight loss is incredible! You must be so happy.

Piggin – It’s great that Scottish man got on well with your dad, It’s always nerve wrecking when the parents meet the partner. I got lucky my parents liked my boyfriend perhaps more than they liked me!  You are moving to Scotland?! I hope you like the cold  which part are you moving too; they have some truly amazing scenery up there.

Enygirl - How was the gig? I am happy the stress has passed. I hate money stress because there is so little you can do about it.

Ladyballer24 - You need blunders to keep you sane! : )
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #41  
Paparazzi Mama!

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'5

My goal for this month is to make a habit of being active. I don't want to be bothered this month with the scale. Not yet at least. But I do want to get my butt up off the couch. So I'm taking these 30 days and I'm going to commit to it. O.k. that was my public commitment. I can't not do it now.
4blondie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #42  

4blondie - That's a GREAT goal! I don't have a scale goal set either - I'm just focusing more on inches lost and getting into the routine of things. If I get the exercising and eating down then the weight will come off.

Dub - the gig was AWESOME - however I did not stick to my guns and not drink.. in fact I drank WAY more then my share and was pretty much toasted! oh and don't worry about the smoking thing - I "quit" September 24th - but I've had 36 cigarettes since then.. mostly contributed by stress! I don't crave them or want them anymore - but when stress hits it seems to be that or chocolate... ugh.

Ok - girls - here's a for the night!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #43  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

yall!

Blondie!

Eny ~ I wish they had a kiss emotion so I can blow you one!

Piggin ~ I am SO jealous! You know I've always wanted to go to Scotland. I forgot to ask if your man has the sexy accent!

WI was today (well...yesterday!) and I'm down 1.4 this week.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #44  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning everyone, happy hump day! I've got lots of house projects to work on today but I got my run in this morning already. I had a terrible migraine when I went to bed last night but luckily it was gone this morning.

4blondie -- Welcome, that is a super goal and I'm sure you'll get addicted to being active!

Eny -- I'm glad you had so much fun at the gig!

dubh -- You're rockin it: 2-a-day workouts, jogging, ALL RIGHT! I'b bet you're holding a bit of extra water because of all the extra working out, those meaningless pounds will come off! I hope you made it through poker night ok, that's a whole lot of temptation!

Shari -- Congrats on the 1.4 drop, WHOO HOOO!!!! Everyone is kicking butt this month, yay!

Lady -- I hope your weigh-in goes well today! It sounds like you managed your trip to Houston really well!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #45  

Good morning ladies!
Welcome 4blondie!!

Jasonslea - scottish man is from Glasgow, so has a very strong accent, sometimes I have no idea what he is saying.. maybe thats why we get on so well?!? LOL!! We will be going to Glasgow first of all and then see what happens! Also way to go on the 1.4 loss!! woo hoo!!

Dubh - Great on the motivation stakes, we are all really keyed up this month, i need to be doing more exercise.

So last night things went a little pear shaped. I was mooching around the house looking for a little something, namely something sweet and made myself a cup of hot chocolate to maybe cure me when scottish man produces a chocolate bar and a chocolate muffin from his stash ( he has a secret cupboard full of goodies that I avoid!!), so on the positive i avoided the chocolate bar, but i did have the muffin and the hot chocolate. Bah!! The rest of the day had been pretty good eating wise. It was just one of those nights where I had to have something sweet.
Today everything is on track, so far I have had two slices whole grain toast and an apple.
Oh thanks for the giving notice advice also, Ive made the decision to tell my boss when i return from a business trip in mid-May of my intentions. I think that will give him plenty of time and i will tell my staff end of May/June I think.