Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #16  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

so far so good

I am also going to modify my exercise goal alittle bit here. I am going to shoot to do 3 miles in 30 minutes on my Gazzelle. i am close as it is.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #17  
Getting Back Down to Size

S/C/G: 206/202.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Update:

I did get two of the three glasses in yesterday and I plan to drink four glasses today. I already have two glasses down and two more to go. I know we are halfway through the week and I have not done the two exercises of 15 minutes each yet but I plan to get one 15 exercise session in tonight. I definitely need to cut down my calorie intake and continue to take the stairs everyday.

Starting weight: 203.2
Current Weight: 203.6
Goal for this challenge: 193

Janel

Last edited by missjanel; 04-06-2008 at 12:17 AM.
missjanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #18  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Smile

Hi all! I would love to join in!

My current weight: 141 lbs
Goal weight by April 30th: 135 lbs

My goals:
(1) Eat clean 80% of the week.
(2) Run 3-4 miles, 4x a week.
(3) Weigh myself no more than 2x a week.
(4) Drink more water!

to everyone!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 04-03-2008 at 12:26 AM.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

hi! ill try and keep up with you guys!

current weight 194
end of month goal 190
goals
- see some drop in measurements
- get exercise routine back on track
- no sugary soda (at least) until the 19th (my two year anniversary)
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 147/116/Hawwt.

Height: 5'0''

Well I weighed in today - no loss but no gain!

Which I am greatful for as my eating has not been so great lately.

I'm keeping up with my walking though, my dog took me for a 2 hour walk yesterday!

Today I will be walking to and from college (about 2 miles), I will do the same walk with the dog again, and i SHALL stay on track with my eating!

Does anybody else struggle in the evenings??
emmaukgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #21  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Traveling Michelle - Yes, I definitely need to have a plan for dessert. I'm not at the point yet where a piece of fruit can satisfy my dessert craving (hopefully one day!)... although watermelon or mango are 2 fruits that I quite enjoy. I have to have some kind of defense against these night time cravings...

which leads me to answer emmaukgrl's questions -- yes, Yes, YES! I totally struggle in the evenings! I start the morning off so strong and I do so well in the daytime. I eat hearty, healthy meals full of protein and vegetables and I even include a small amount of carbs (a piece of bread or small amount of rice). But then night time comes and the stupid part of my brain says "are you really going to go to sleep without any unhealthy food today?????" and then the smart part of my brain turns stupid or gets hypnotized and says "no way.... need some ice cream...chips...anything............."

Well, I finished the damned chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that was in the freezer and I'm NOT buying any more. Does anyone have any ideas for satisfying tasty desserts that don't break the calorie bank?

On a more positive note, I have been kicking BUTT at exercising and drinking water (which are actually my main goals for april!) I've been doing Jillian's 30 day shred workout on some days, and on other days I do Turbo Jam. Both are great workouts...

Hope everyone is doing great! Happy Friday!
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #22  
Determined to succeed.

By the way, I decided that I'm going to restrain myself from getting on the scale for a while. I've become a scale addict and I don't think that's helping me since my weight fluctuates so much on a daily basis. I'm holding off until the 20th or the end of the month. Haven't decided yet...
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #23  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Well here I am with a check in, glad to see so many on here!

Drinking water great and doing my kung fu 2x per week so I just need to do something else this week which won't be hard since we got some practice pads Yeah!

Gracenote what I found works for me (I have mostly stopped my late night munching) is to drink a large glass of water have my planned snack, eat it slowly! then finish off another large glass of water. Wow can you feel full after that! Find things you like that will satisfy you. One day I took a couple extra thing rice cakes, spread a measured amount of peanut butter on them then broke some dark chocolate up and placed it on that. MMMM next time i might melt the chocolate and drizzle it so I can have it more evenly spread and take smaller bites. But that took care of several cravings, gave me lots of bites to take and fit in my allotment (under 200 calories I think).

Hello to all the people who joined and mousai a fellow washintonian.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #24  
Determined to succeed.

edzard- Yeah, filling up on water is always good. I can also try drinking hot chocolate since it lasts a long time and maybe also some sugar-free jello pudding... I'll try it tonight and let you all know how I did....

I actually grew up in Washington too -- lived there almost my whole life in good ol' (smelly) Puyallup. Just kidding, it's only smelly around fair time! I visit Seattle every once in a while because all of my close friends live in Sea-town. I don't miss the rain and constant gloom. I do miss seeing Mt. Rainier though.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Hello,

I am going to jump into the challenge a little late but I need some motivation. I was just on vacation and seemed to lose my motivation. So...

My current weight is 230 and at the end of the month I would like to be at 220. I will excercise 4 times per week and weigh myself only twice a week. I am going to drink my water.

Thanks for the challenge - I will check in on all of you.
4mykids3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #26  
Determined to succeed.

Welcome 4mykids3!! Looks like you've already lost a lot of weight - congratulations!!! Hope you had a great vacation! It's always great to enjoy yourself while you're on vacation, but just make sure you get back on track now that you're back home. We're here to encourage you!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #27  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Ok just stopping in to say that i will be out of town for the weekend and hopefully will not lose anything that i have gained. and hopefully i will not gain any weight this weekend. don't know if i will weigh in after the weekend we will see how i feel.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Well, I have exercised every day, but I haven't done as well on my other goals (tracking food and water), but I'm working on both....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

gracenote: the sweet thing does me in sometimes too, but instead of ice cream my addiction is soda and its a day long thing.
my suggestions would be fruits, try different kinds, bananas and milk kill most of my sweet needs. also instead of buying horrible preservative filled cookies and sweets learn to make them, use alternative or better sweeteners, and make them in small portions. then you have to work for your sweets, you know what all is in them, and you can manipulate how many calories you make them to be.
sugar free jello and puddings are ok too, if you have a electric mixer you could buy whipping cream and sugar free vanilla syrup and make whip cream. you can cut a lot of calories by making the sweets yourself, and gain more control by understanding the work put into them.
i make cookies then i set half of the dough in the freezer or give it to a friend, or when i bake them i give half of the cookies my boyfriend to take up to his college so even if i made a lot I'm not tempted by so many cookies.
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #30  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

StartingWeight 185.8
Goal Weight 179

April 5 Lost 1.4 (184.4)
April 12
April 19
April 26
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote