Old 03-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #1  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Default March-Slimming for Summer! Challenge, Support, and Points!

Please come and join us! The more the merrier!

What this is? This is a group of fine ladies supporting each other to reach short-term goals for this beautiful time that seems so out of sight... SUMMER! This is also a great point motivation system that will help you keep in check using rewards/allowances for doing certain things (like going out to eat, having a 'cheater meal,' buying a new shirt...).

Ok...so this is what you do...

First , pick something special you will do or get on or around May (maybe May 18 because it is exactly 11 weeks from Monday, February 11). You can get or do this special something if you meet your goal weight by May 18th. If you start on February 11th, you could lose an average of 1.5-2 pounds a week and be down 18-28 pounds by May 18th!

Each healthy meal/snacks- 1 point (max of 6 points) (3 snacks/3 meals). Let's say if you are on a diet has requires more or less than 6 points and you eat perfectly, you get all 6 points.

Each 1/2 hour of exercise- 1 point (can count as a long walk or...if from north Shoveling snow

(Max of 10 points each day...so we don't create workoutaholics)

The points that you earn are redeemable only once (if you have 43 points and you use a 20 point reward you are now down to 23 points).

You should really try not to go into the negatives (if your honey wants to go out to eat somewhere unhealthy and you only have 12 points you should push to cook at home or just order a salad or something still healthy where you go).

20 points- one meal out (trying to stay under control)
- one night out (max of 3 drinks)

- one outing to a coffee shop (one sweet drink)

- buy something to treat yourself ($10-$20...movie/lotion/game/make-up...)

40 points- One new shirt

- One new skirt/dress/pants

- One set of new undergarments

60 points- One mini-vacation with person and place of choice (two day/one night trip somewhere special away from home)...fully funded by 3fatchicks.com ... tehehe jk. :P

Please, adjust the rewards to fit you and your lifestyle
Mine may be adjusted when needed...

If you would like to and are ready to start …start now...start following your diet and exercise plan right away! OR, you could wait at least a day to get yourself mentally ready and pepped up. I've already been using the point system (will explain how it has been going in my post below) and I spent my entire weekend before getting meals together and letting family/friends know. I just really miss support, which is why I came here
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #2  

Ok...so I'm fired...completely forgot to start a new thread early this morning...lol, so Ward that is why you couldn't find it

Now you can add your points from breakfast.

Ok...got to admit a couple of things...first of all, I weighed myself again and it really looks like I am down another pound right now! I see 153. 3lbs in a week! I have been working hard enough, but it still feels great. That will bring me up to -8 pounds for the month of February...still not counting until Monday though

So...last count I had 31 on Thursday. I posted here yesterday, but I don't think I updated on my points for Friday. I ended up doing really well! I stuck to my diet AND I exercised for an hour!

I end up getting a call from a friend who wanted me to come over for drinks and games...BUT I was good...I just had one glass of wine (not even taking away points for that, because I used it as my last snack ... lol). I just played games and sipped my wine while everyone else was getting pretty tipsy. SO...39 points.

Saturday now...I did not officially get to the gym or to my Taebo tape, but I CLEANED the house (including my room) for a good three hours today. Tomorrow some possible tennents are coming to look at the place, and I really wanted the house to look nice. Also, the same friends that called lastnight are coming over tonight. So...I'll give myself one point for that.

Ummm I am using points tonight. I am going out to eat AND drinking. I've decided to order and eat healthy tonight wherever we go. I might get a salad or if they have any healthy choice sections...maybe just some grilled chicken. So, I am going to try to keep my point for that. I am going to use 20 points for going out tonight though I am not going to have more than 2 or 3 drinks and I'm going to stick with Miller Lite (not tall boys either ... lol).

So...my total tonight after supper should come up to 45 pounds. I am going to use 20 of them tonight, so starting out tomorrow I should have 25 points...that will be a nice set to start the week with.

So, the weekend is still going great. I hope I don't completely ruin it tonight though. I'll be good tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I am almost completely over the flu now, so I am ready to get back in the game. Unfortunately I made some bad food choices for a couple of days, so I think I have wiped out my previous point totals. Oh well, a fresh start for March. Yesterday I took a long, hilly walk around the neighborhood (4.2 mi, 1:20) and stuck to my eating plan.

Total points: 8

eta - Tessa, congratulations on your loss for February! Great job!

Last edited by WardHog; 03-02-2008 at 08:00 AM.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

Yesterday I stuck to my eating plan and did two hours of very low intensity exercise (45 min on treadmill, 30 min on elliptical, 45 min on bike).

Total points: 18
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #5  

Ward, ty very much. I feel pretty good I am really starting to notice a difference in how my clothes are fitting so far... I am so glad that you are finally feeling better. I hope your week is starting off great!

Points wise I was at 25 on Sunday...Saturday night I DID go out to the bar, but didn't completely blow it like I sometimes normally do. I had a couple of drinks and one chocolate cake shot (it's tradition! lol). I did NOt make it to the gym on Sunday, but I stuck to my diet all day...so 6 more points...31 points. Wow, I don't think I've ever started with such a nice number before. I'm going to need to start saving up here for some new clothes...clothes are feeling a bit baggy

I have a job this morning too...so I should start getting ready
Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. So thursday I took the laxative and ended up in hospital!! I had a bad reaction to it. I am NEVER doing that again!!

Tessa you did amazing for february. I lost 7 pounds and am going for 8 for march.
Can you tell me about the desert pizza? I woudllove to make something like that for my kids!!

As for my points : Feb 29 6, mar 1- 4 and mar 2 4. I gave myself low points because in the hospital I hardly ate but what I did eat was not really on plan! and of course no exercise!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #7  
Maintainer Wannabe

Oh my goodness, 2beautiful! I hope you are ok!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #8  

ward: I'm feeling better except that yucky nasueous feeling keeps coming back so now I am wondering what is causing it!!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #9  

Oh no Beaut....I am so sorry that you had been so sick. Not fun at all I am so glad that you are feeling better. Not that anyone needs an excuse, but you are excused lol I didn't make the dessert pizza, but they got it from Pizza Ranch. I do know how to make a yummy dessert fruit pizza. Bake a large sugar cookie (pizza size), put on a layer of cream cheese (plain or strawberry or something)...then top it with fresh fruit. It is sooo yummy! Not part of my diet right now, but still yummy

Ward, how is your week starting off?

So, my week is starting off great! I made all of my meal points so far, and I'm dressed and ready to go workout. I come home after school, eat a small snack, and drinks some tea before I go workout. Green tea gives me that little bit of boost that I need after working all day.

I am so happy...my bf Steve is coming tonight He has all day tomorrow off and will probably leave Wednesday morning early (he works at 11:00 and lives a couple hours away). I can't wait to live in the same town...hey, at this point I'd take State lol. Nothing too huge planned...maybe go catch a movie in the afternoon tomorrow...I am taking the day off too
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #10  
Maintainer Wannabe

2beautiful, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Tessa, have a great time with your bf!

Yesterday I stuck to my eating plan and did 15 min on the elliptical, a Group Power class, and 15 min on the bike. It wasn't a very energetic workout, but I muddled through.

Total points: 27
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 AM   #11  

WTG Ward, it seems as if your week is going great so far. I hope you are still taking care of yourself. Don't push too hard right away!

Good morning ladies! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday...Steve kept me busy We watched a movie yesterday...Jumper. It was actually pretty good. We ended up being at the mall then after the movie (which is where the theatre is at)...so we were hungry so I had food court food...ug! Well, my week was going well diet wise ... oh well.LoL, yesterday I had a waffle for breakfast, Panda Express for lunch, and a poptart for dinner lol. I'll just need to work really hard the rest of the week now.

Steve is still upstairs...I'll get him up a bit before I leave so I can get him going for work (he works at 11:00 at Dubuque....so, needs to leave around 8:00ish).

SO...zero points yesterday lol... opps. I am taking 20 points for yucky Panda Express, so ...39-20= 19 points. Stil a workable number.

So far so good today too...working on my slimfast and I am goign to pack my lunch of hummas, salad, and slimfast. Yummm...today I am working at a preschool btw...same one as last week. I'll be needing lots of coffee lol.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #12  

Hi everyoen!1 i lost the thread because I forgot to subscribe to the new one!!

Anyways the past few days I haven't really worked out because I had to return my DVD to the library. But I did go out walking with my kids. I need to get back on track!! Anyways 6 points for each day so a total of 138 points!

Tessa what state does steve live in?

Thanks for the desert pizza recipe. I may try that the kids will for sure love it!1 Is that the way the one at pizza ranch was too?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

I swear I posted yesterday. Anywho, I did a Group Ride and 30 min on the elliptical and stayed on plan yesterday (9). Today I did Group Power, 27 min on the elliptical and 18 min on the bike and also am staying on plan. (9)

Total points: 45
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #14  
Maintainer Wannabe

Where are all you challengers?

Today I did 15 min (1 mi) on the treadmill, a Group Ride class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I am feeling pretty good, but I still have junk in my chest. I also stuck to my eating plan, so 9 points for today.

Total points: 54
Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #15  

I had a rough time making myself get out of bed this morning. Yawn! I am so glad it is Friday...I can't wait to sleep in. I might set my alarm just so I can go back to sleep tomorrow lol.

So, I subbed yesterday in a special education preschool class (it was fun, but exhausting). I started having a little trouble with my back...pretty bad pain. I decided to take it easy yesterday with exercising. I am actually going to wait until Mondday to go again. I am sticking well with my diet though.

Well, Steve has Sunday off...like two days from now Sunday! Yeah! We actually decided to hang out in Monona this weekend. He forgot some stuff there last time (soap, razor...) and wants it back I am heading there after school today.

I feel better about my subbing this week...I subbed four days out of the week. I would have subbed five, but I took Tuesday off to spend the day with Steve because he was coming down.

We have no specific plans for Saturday/Sunday. It will be nice though.

So...points wise...I made my meal points these last two days...but no exercise points. So...19 pluss 12= 31. That is a pretty workable number. I am still going to try to save up this weekend and just cook. We'll see what happens.

Beaut, It sounds like you really are doing great! WHOHOOO! Steve lives in Wisconsin... that dessert pizza is my favorite....not like pizza ranches, but still yummy. I hope you try pizza ranches dessert pizza sometime. My mouth is watering lol.

Ward, it really seems like you are doing amazing. I hope you see some great results for next week!