Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #1  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Default Slimming for Summer! Challenge, support, and points!

(I will admit...I had this posted in the Miscellaneous Clubs section, but when looking around here I thought it would fit better...I asked there that it would be deleted...)

What this is? This is a group of fine ladies supporting each other to reach short-term goals for this beautiful time that seems so out of sight... SUMMER! This is also a great point motivation system that will help you keep in check using rewards/allowances for doing certain things (like going out to eat, having a 'cheater meal,' buying a new shirt...).

Ok...so this is what you do...

First thing, pick something special you will do or get on or around May (maybe May 18 because it is exactly 11 weeks from Monday, February 11). You can get or do this special something if you meet your goal weight by May 18th. If you start on February 11th, you could lose an average of 1.5-2 pounds a week and be down 18-28 pounds by May 18th!

Each healthy meal/snacks- 1 point (max of 6 points) (3 snacks/3 meals). Let's say if you are on a diet has requires more or less than 6 points and you eat perfectly, you get all 6 points.

Each 1/2 hour of exercise- 1 point (can count as a long walk or...if from north Shoveling snow

(Max of 10 points each day...so we don't create workoutaholics)

The points that you earn are redeemable only once (if you have 43 points and you use a 20 point reward you are now down to 23 points).

You should really try not to go into the negatives (if your honey wants to go out to eat somewhere unhealthy and you only have 12 points you should push to cook at home or just order a salad or something still healthy where you go).

20 points- one meal out (trying to stay under control)
- one night out (max of 3 drinks)

- one outing to a coffee shop (one sweet drink)

- buy something to treat yourself ($10-$20...movie/lotion/game/make-up...)

40 points- One new shirt

- One new skirt/dress/pants

- One set of new undergarments

60 points- One mini-vacation with person and place of choice (two day/one night trip somewhere special away from home)...fully funded by 3fatchicks.com ... tehehe jk. :P

Please, adjust the rewards to fit you and your lifestyle
Mine may be adjusted when needed...

If you would like to and are ready to start …start now...start following your diet and exercise plan right away! OR, you could wait at least a day to get yourself mentally ready and pepped up. I've already been using the point system (will explain how it has been going in my post below) and I spent my entire weekend before getting meals together and letting family/friends know. I just really miss support, which is why I came here

Please come join me!
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  

Ok...so I started doing this point/reward system just myself this past Monday...just in a notebook. When I was really tempted to not cook and grab food from Hardeys or go out for supper, I told myself NO because I have not worked up enough points this week to allow myself that. LIKE...this weekend my goal was to make 40 points by Saturday...because I have plans to go out for supper with my friends AND go out...knowing that, I've worked hard all week. When it this weekend comes, the over calories will balance out with a great week.

When I hit my goal weight of 140 lbs I am going to go out and buy my very first bikini...even if I can never bring myself to leave the house with it on lol. It will be perfect timing for summer! My boyfriend Steve normally gets out his boat around that time!

Here is a breakdown of my week

Monday: 10 points (it snowed a lot...spent 40 minutes shoveling and then went and worked out for an hour and a half.

Tuesday: 7 points...not as good because I didn't get time to go workout very long...but I still stuck with my planned meals and snacks!

Wednesday: 8 points...which is what my goal is every day!

Today/Thursday: 8 points again! Whohooo!

I am at 33 points with two days left before Saturday.

I started on Monday at 160lbs and right now I weight 155lbs! I feel great! I know a lot of it has been water weight and just finally really getting back on track.

My diet right now is slimfast. I went to the slimfast website and got all of my meals planned around a 1500 calorie plan (including 3 snacks with my 3 meals...). Here is a rundown of my week

Feb 4, 2008

Breakfast : Slim•Fast Optima Ready To Drink Shake
Snack #1 : Sweet Cranberries on Peanut Butter Celery
Lunch : Slim•Fast Optima Meal Bar and Mini Pizza
Snack #2 : Slim•Fast Optima Snack Bar and Celery and Carrots
Dinner : No entree assigned to this meal.
Snack #3 : Green Pepper and Hummus

Feb 5, 2008

Breakfast : Slim•Fast Optima Meal Bar
Snack #1 : 1/2 Bananas: medium
Lunch : Slim•Fast Easy To Digest RTD Shake, favorite flavor, each, 100 calorie snacks
Snack #2 : 8 Carrots: baby, raw, each, Slim•Fast Optima Cookie Snack Bar, favorite flavor, each
Dinner : No entree assigned to this meal., Balsamic Pork Medallions, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Mediterranean Risotto
Snack #3 : Green Pepper and Hummus

Feb 6, 2008

Snack #1 : 1/2 Arby's Salad, caesar, chicken, grilled
Lunch : Slim•Fast Optima Chewy Granola Bar, favorite flavor, each, 100 calorie snacks
Snack #2 : Slim•Fast Optima Snack Bar and Half Banana
Dinner : No entree assigned to this meal., Chicken Marsala, Mushrooms with Sweet Onion & Red Wine, Roasted Rosemary & Garlic New Potatoes
Snack #3 : Grapefruit Sections

Feb 7, 2008

Breakfast : Slim•Fast Optima Ready To Drink Shake
Snack #1 : Raisins and Soy Nuts
Lunch : Slim•Fast High Protein Meal Bar & Half Turkey Sandwich w/ Fruit
Snack #2 : Slim•Fast Optima Muffin Bar and Tangerine
Dinner : No entree assigned to this meal., Garden Vegetable Lasagna
Snack #3 : Apple

Feb 8, 2008

Snack #1 : Tangerine and Soy Nuts
Lunch : Slim•Fast High Protein Meal Bar and Mini Pizza
Snack #2 : Slim•Fast Optima Snack Bar and Celery and Carrots
Dinner : No entree assigned to this meal., Chicken Marsala, Mushrooms with Sweet Onion & Red Wine, Roasted Rosemary & Garlic New Potatoes
Snack #3 : Grapefruit Sections

Feb 9, 2008

Snack #1 : Bananas: medium
Lunch : Slim•Fast High Protein Meal Bar and Yogurt with Peanuts
Snack #2 : Apples: medium, with peel, each
Dinner : 2 Pizza: pepperoni, slice, 1/8 of 16" pie, Salad: green tossed, 1 cup, 2 Tomatoes: 1/4" slices, each, Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (2 tbs)
Snack #3 : 3 Miller Lite Beer (one)

Ok...so this is really working with me, but I would love if I had some company. Who's in?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

OK. I am really excited to be in the challenge. I have a work function tonight and will have to eat out so I decided that I will start this challenge in full swing on satuday morning. I am going to also aim for 7-8 points a day. I am going to shoot to loose 25lbs. by may 18th. If I reach that goal I am going to plan a weekend trip to Chicago in June.

Quick question about the points: Are we only allowed to earn 10 points counting food and exercise or 10 points max for exercise only?
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #4  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

ok i'm in! sounds really fun... i may not be able to post as much as i'd like or should, but i am writing everything down starting now! i'm on LAWL so i get tons of food everyday. i haven't been working out as much as i should be though, so this will help keep me accountable (hopefully!) i will aim for 7 points a day for now... we'll see how it goes! good luck and be good this weekend!

oh! my goal is going to be May 26 instead of the 18th... the 28th is my birthday! :-) i'm going to give myself the best gift ever!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #5  

Michie, the 28th then sounds like a great goal! What is your goal weight to loose by then? What special thing are you going to get for your birthday? That will probably take some thinking... good luck! Hope you have a great weekend, and keep us updated!

Iowa, 25 pounds is very reasonable! I was thinking about max 6 points for meals/snacks (even if the diet you are on has 12 meals a day...lol) and max of 4 points for exercise (two hours). So...total of 10 max you can earn a day. HOw does that sound. The trip to Chicago sounds like a great motivation to work towards!

So, I got a subbing job today...I'm at a day care (they are taking a nap right now). So far I'm doing great with eating too...had my breakfast, morning snack, and lunch so far (3 pts). I am planning on working out fairly soon after school. Not sure what the plans are tonight, but even if I go out I'm not going to have a single drink lol
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #6  

OK so toaday was my first day for the challenge. I did a good job with food but I wish I could have worked out at the gym. I have never been really good at getting to the gym on the weekends. I workout at 5am before work on the weekdays but the weekends I just cant seem to get there. I have decided that I need to make weightloss my main prority right now and get there tomarrow for sure. Today I decided that I need to plan all my meals out in advance and try not to eat anything thats not on the list. Sometimes that seems a little easier said than done but I am going to give it a real shot. I am happy to be doing this point thing and hope that it will give me a greater sense of accountability.
Tessa, I am curious what you think about drinking wine. I having the hardest problem with giving up wine. I almost always have a glass of wine, ( sometimes 2) after work. do you think that it would be hindering my weightloss if I still drank the wine and just included it into my WWpoints. OH yeah, I decided to do WW again and will begin going back to meetings on monday nights.
OK enough rambling!
Total points earned today are 7. 6 points for food and one point for exercise( I made boyfriend power-walk around the mall with me for 30min just to get this point.)

2/9- 7 pts
2/10- 8 points

Last edited by iowa girl; 02-11-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #7  

Good job on your 9 point day, Michie!!!!! It is sooooo freezing here in Iowa. How is the weather in CA?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

I would love to join this challenge! We are going to Yellowstone in June and my goal is to be up for all the hikes. My goal is to lose 25lbs by May 18th and I want to be able to do a 3 mile walk.
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #9  

Welcome to the challenge Missy!!! This is the first challenge i have partisipated in and it seems to be a fun one. I also want to loose 25lbs hopefully we can both meet our goal. When are you going to start?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #10  

Welcome Missy! can't wait to hear how your day is going so far! Sounds like a great goal to loose!

Iowagirl, yes...Iowa weather sucks right now lol! It is mid- February...aren't we supposed to have slightly warmer weather by now? OH well. Sounds like you did very well this weekend. WTG doing exercise at the mall...see? Getting points for exercising isn't all that hard as long as you put in a bit of effort If drinking a cup or two of wine is in your routine right now, I think that is ok. Now, if it is a personal goal that you want to get rid of...that would be different...I'm sure it is not helping your weightloss. I know that a cup of wine a week is pretty good for you, but Im not sure if every day would hinder Don't worry about it point wise right now though.

Michie, wtg this weekend! Weekends always kill me...I try to carry over, but I always get a bit lazy. You and me both about the exercising! I hope to get to the gym every day this week for at least an hour...we will need to help motivate eachother!

Ok...so not such a good weekend. My boyfriend Steve ended up coming over, so we ended up doing pancakes yesterday morning too...not on my diet. I skipped all of my snacks, didn't have lunch, and not such a good supper. No exercise sense Friday either. So...no points yesterday. Saturday I did pretty good until pizza and drink time. I only had a couple of pieces like I had planned, and didn't drink too much. So, I earned 4 points Saturday for that.

So, started out with 45 points Saturday, and used up 40 points for dinner and drinking.

Starting today, I have 5 points left...I have 15 more I'll need to save up by Thursday for Valentine dinner. That is really the only big thing I have coming up.

Today should be pretty good. I am working on my breakfast right now (slimfast drink). Teaching Kindergarden today, so I'm going to grab my snacks and lunch here in a moment. I think subbing for kindergarden should be a point by itself lol. Right after school I am going to head to go workout though.

It's going to be a good start to the week. I should hit my 8 point goal.

I need to go get my snacks and lunch together...lol, I don't even know what I am having yet.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #11  

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Iowagirl, I "officially" start the challenge today, but I have been working on my diet and exercise for a few weeks. I've lost some but hope to lose more!!

Missy
Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #12  
It's me!

S/C/G: 197/166/140

Height: 5'4

ok I'll join.. woo-hoo! My goal is 12 lbs.

Last edited by Zuleka; 02-11-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Zuleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I'm in and starting today! My goal is to lose 26 lbs. I hope I can do this because it doesn't look like I am going to make my v-day challenge!!

Last edited by 2beautiful2Bfat; 02-11-2008 at 08:58 AM.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #14  

Welcome Beautiful! Sorry that you didn't make you V-Day goal...but did you at least go in the right direction (down)? That is always great progress! 26 pounds is a tough goal, but YOU CAN DO IT! I hope this helps you stay accountable! How are points going so far?

Welcome Zul! 12 pounds in totally attainable! You can do it! Let us know how you are doing so far?

Make sure you gals let us know what you get after you make your goals? How is everyone doing?

Kicking butt so far here! I am subbing for Kindergarden, so they are keeping me busy. It is hard to cheat with food when you have no time. The day is already half-over. Lunch is actually here pretty soon, and I'm pretty full.

So...5 +1 (for my slimfast breakfast) +1 (for 10:00 snack of rainsons and peanuts)= 7 points so far. 13 to go by Thursday! No problem
Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #15  

The scale went up today I know why, I've been sick and didn't exercise all week last week. I missed work, just basically slept everyday. Then I had a big slip over the weekend. I'm feeling better though and I did exercise this morning. Right back on the wagon.