Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Ultimate Goal Challenge--February (Month 3)

Everyone is welcome. There are no specific rules. Post early and post often. The main purposes for this thread are support and to report progress. The goal of the challenge is for you as an individual to meet your "ultimate goal". I wish you the best on this journey and I will be here to support you along the way.

We have a small dedicated group but we would love for more people to join us!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #2  
My Evolution

Default January Successes

POUNDS LOST
Enygirl--3.8 lbs

Mindy--6.8 lbs

Shay--8 lbs

NSV
Enygirl--fitting into 14's again, has been a non smoker for 4 months, finished first in her age bracket in a 5K walk

Time To Try Again--survived a family illness without gaining a "million pounds"

Shay--had 3 binge free days in a row

Last edited by Shay; 02-02-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING!!!
Shay - I just sent you a PM w/ my Jan Successes. Not as good as I had hoped - but still down!

Onto the next month girls. Do any of you have an Ultimate goal date set? I set mine as Christmas. I know that 2008 is the year - and I know I can do this! I'm pushing to be done WELL before that - but I want to be happily maintaining on Christmas!

Alright girls - off to work for me. I'll talk to you all soon.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

SHAY! Congratulations! 8 pounds is awesome! YOUR NAME should be listed FIRST.

Jordan's quilt is nearly finished. I'm doing the hand work and am happy to say it will be wrapped before the wedding. I would love to hit Ross and see if I can buy a new dress. I'm getting kind of worried about the 180 mile drive. Hope it stops snowing sometime today.

Speaking of snow . . . I'm going to take a picture of my dog walking in the back yard. You won't believe it. Since we shoveled off our roof the snow near my house is over 4' deep. I'll try to load a quilt pic or two as well.

I haven't exercised in 2 days but I'm feeling much better today and will get back in gear.

I'm having a hard time deciding what my target weight should be. The thinnest I've been as an adult was 149 and that is still, for my height, overweight. The highest weight I could be and fit in the "normal" BMI range is 136. I posted my original goal at 125 but that's what my youngest son weighs. I'd be very little. I don't know. It all seems very far away. That's 59 more pounds. I don't like thinking about a number that big. I just want to not have FAT on me. I don't want strangers to describe me as, the heavy-set brunette, or the short-fat chick.

Last spring I competed in the Colgate Country Showdown and although my vocal and talent scores were high my "Marketability in Country Music" score SUCKED. Seems the judges didn't like an over-40 fat girl. I would like to compete again as a thinner person and see how I do.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
My Evolution

Enygirl--I wanted my date to reach my ultimate goal to be December 31, 2008but with my new eating plan it may take a little longer. I posted this on TBL forum but I realized my new plan is intuitive eating with the exceptions that I still measure my food. From what I understand their belief is "Eat what you want. Eat until satisfied". Surprisingly it works well with helping with the binge eating too. Once I've made it to 10 binge free days I will invest in some books and cds to help me along the way.

ggmugsy--I can't truly decide about my goal weight either. Exercise...I can't remember the last time I did that. I did create my February exercise calendar. I have something different planned for every day of the month. The plan is not to exercise everyday but when I do decide to exercise I can look at my calendar and just do what is on there or be flexible about it.

Last edited by Shay; 02-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #6  

I'm actually going to make an exercise goal this month. I've slacked off completely in Jan. So my goal is 480 mins this month. that's 4-1/2 hr. work outs a week. I'm planning on breezing by it - but then again I'm still doing 60-70 hrs. a week at work - and after that I'm just EXHAUSTED!!!!

I love the eating plan Shay - My general rule is "don't eat until you're full - eat until you're not hungry." It works very well - until stress kicks in.

I just have to remember that I eat to live - I should not be living to eat.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #7  
My Evolution

Good afternoon everyone,

ggmugsy--I quit the challenge today. I was putting too much pressure on myself and I'm trying to tackle the binge eating thing too...so I decided to quit. Don't worry I won't quit this challenge because this is all about individuals.

enygirl--I am starting to recognize when I need to stop eating but I let my stomach settle then I go back to finish. I need to work on just stopping.

I made it through 5 binge free days and didn't make it to day 6. So today is Day 1 again. I am not beating myself up which I'm proud of.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Can I join your challenge? I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal by december although I may change it from 125 to a little higher I will decide when i get there.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #9  

2b2bf -

Shay - i'm working on the binge free days too - I start again tomorrow - since today I'm about 400 calories over again. Ugh... getting back at it...
WE CAN DO THIS - oh also - it doesn't matter how long it takes - as long as I keep moving forward and losing cosistently and not gaining back what I've lost then I'm happy.

This challenge is the perfect one - it focuses on us as individuals - where we're at now - knowing that we've made the committment to do it for good this time. The only way you're allowed to drop out is if you give up on yourself and you've giving up on your goals. So that was a longwinded way of saying that - Shay - you & I are stuck together for awhile!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #10  
Project Me!

S/C/G: 221.2/165.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Ahoy!

May I join too? I would love to be apart of a group! I'm new to this fourm but am already in love with it. I'm 22 years old and have already lost 55 pounds but am looking to lose around 41 more..or so.. I have my goal to be before my 23rd birthday on September 27rd. I weigh in every Wens and I'm counting down by every 5 lbs. When I get to 160 lbs I plan to buy new workout pants. Anyway, it's nice to meet all of you!!
starbucksfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome 2bt2f!!

Congrats on all of the victories last month ladies! 5 no-binge days is great, everyone needs a free day from time to time...

So I finally had a HUGE breakthrough today! Working out is the hardest thing to get myself to do, but once I go it just sets me up to have a great day. It's mostly because I spend the entire time I'm doing cardio crunching numbers about calorie intake versus exercise, etc.

I did 61 minutes of cardio today- YAHOO!! I did all of my weights, with all of the reps and not racing through them to get done. And then I turned down sesame chicken. Ha ha!! February is looking up ladies!!

Have a great week!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Starbucksfreak! Welcome to our happy group!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #13  

Welcome everybody!!

Shay, I completely understand. I battle inside my own head about the same thing. Pushing myself vs. making positive changes and being kind to myself. Congratulations on 5 binge free days!! That's a big accomplishment!

Enygirl & TTTA: awesome job with your exercise!!

I didn't hit my exercise goal last week but I'm okay with it because of the wedding. It went well. Jordan wore a beautiful red dress and her husband was in white tux with tails and a matching red vest. They looked great. It was nice meeting his family and they both seem very happy.

It's a brand new week!! Enygirl . . . I'm getting closer to you!! My WI this morning was 183.6. My goal for this month is to kiss the 180's GOODBYE FOR GOOD!!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 02-04-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #14  

Starbucks: :wel3: We're a crazy fun bunch! You'll love us!

gg - I LOVE having you as a buddy/slight competition... we're about the same height and weight - and have about the same goal! We rock!

I'm pushing myself EXTRA hard this week - I really want to see a #17x on the scale on my birthday (the 10th) which means I need to lose #2.4 this week... I CAN DO IT ! I woke up and did 10 mins of power yoga this morning. I think I'm going to continue that - and then do a longer workout in the evening. It'll give me a great opportunity to focus on problem areas in the morn and then full body later on.

I'm so happy that it's Birthday week! I LOVE spoiling myself for my birthday - My birthday is actually the 10th - but the celebration started yesterday. DBF took me out to see Rambo (I LOVE GORE!). Today - I'm getting my hair and eyebrows done. Who knows what tomorrow brings
Old 02-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #15  

Enygirl - I feel the same way about competing with you. You are very motivating!!

For the new girls: Starbucksfreak, congratulations on the 55 pound loss!! That's so awesome. Are you and 2b2bf following a program? Some of us are doing Weight Watchers and some of us count calories.

I just watched the Food Network Special "Giada in Paradise." She went to the Greek island of Santorini. That will be my Ultimate gift to myself when I hit my goal weight. It was stunningly beautiful. I just informed my husband he had better start planning on an expensive vacation. lol.

Did 65 minutes on the Treadclimber and 10 minutes of stretching & abs. Watchout Enygirl . . . I got you in my sights!!!