Old 02-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm doing great on my diet and exercise. Didn't exercise as hard today though so I'll have to do double duty tomorrow. I read an article about the country singer Jodie Massena (sp) and that's her strategy, if on tour she misses a day, then she does double the running or exercise the day before/after. Since this is bootcamp, that's a fair strategy for the month. I don't know how but I'm down 5 lbs in 1-1/2 weeks, part of it isn't legit as it was my time of the month and likely I was a few lbs bloated when I put my start of bootcamp weight down in my diet journal, but STILL this is very cool. I have 5 lbs to go before my birthday in March, and actually I wanted to get down 5 lbs lower then that - so I'm just wondering if I can lose 10 lbs or so in 5-6 weeks in this bootcamp, at this rate I will. Before I was losing slowly but this is sure revving it up. It's Feb 1 and I started this actually almost two weeks ago - hard exercise and dieting.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #32  

vertigoskyy, of course you can jump in.
Twentytogo, I once knew a chiropractor that said walking is the best for back pain. Maybe you need to take a day off though? You are working quite hard.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #33  

Height: 5'5"

Well so far I have lost five pounds so I am doing something right... At least I think...lol
I am struggling with some binging issues though...
I am praying that this passes...
Happy Saturday everyone!!!
dolphin8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #34  

I did 45 minutes tonight, Denise Austin's Bootcamp DVD, it just takes listening to her voice and cheerleader ra ra to get through her dvd's but this one was a good workout, it was kickboxing with weights, some pilates and stretching.

I've lost about 4-5 lbs too so far so I'm doing something RIGHT too. I'm struggling with some "cheating" issues too - but it hasn't been that "bad" like I had a sandwich with sourdough today, I had popcorn last night, I've had a few glasses of wine here and there. Was trying to do a low carb diet but in South Beach even that's cheating.

Feb is a 28 day month, I found a book by Denise Austin too, a plan to lose 10 lbs in a month. There's some good tips in there about how to workout throughout the day as well that I'll share later, she calls it fidgiting. It's basically this same plan, 6 days of working out with 3 days to include weights. To really rev up the cardio she suggests inverval training, revving it up and down. SO if I can't get the one hour in that I'd like I'm going to work out HARD in the 30-45 minutes I do... seems like the bootcamp dvds really do this! I have others as well, actually about 5 specific bootcamp dvd, plus tae bo.

Anyone else with me this week? Six days of cardio, three days of weights and cutting calories back to about what 1400 or so?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #35  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Eating clean and exercising. I will be sidetracked by my surgery on Wednesday. We'll see about getting back to working out depending upon the pain quotient.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #36  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

Well, good start to another week. Today did 47 MIN. Slim N Six (I'll be doing this 6 days a week for the next 5 weeks because its something I committed myself to just before I read about this thread.) I thought it would tie in well with it because of all the cardio and weights for now are replaced with bands at this point.

I also did 20 minutes of ab work. (my plan with that is every other day), its the Turbo Jam, AB Jam.

2 miles (30 minutes) on treadmill at 4% incline.

I took yesturday off. I'm a little bummed because my plan wsas to at least do some walking, but I didn't.

Horsey: thanks for all your support. I'm committed to this challenge with you, and everyone here
Twentytogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #37  

Twentytogo, I am bummed because I didn't workout yesterday either. So I'm going to count it as "my day off" and workout the rest of the week. What is Slim N Six? I like mixing it up personally, different dvd's, walking, exercise bike, sometimes I read "plans" on doing this or that each day then I get off track so for me it's just 45-60 min a day whatever the exercising. However I think the interval training is best to really rev it up, which is why I like the bootcamp dvds. I'm going to do the Ultimate Body calorie burning bootcamp tonight I think. The trainer isn't as well known, Megan something, but it's a hard workout that I enjoy.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #38  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I've been working out hard and my eating has been super clean. I'm commited to eating clean while I recuperate and getting back to exercise as soon as I am able.

Golly I hope the end of February shows some loss.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #39  

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Sick

This bites!!! I was doing sooo good and now I am sick with the flu!!!! I can hardly get out of bed let alon excercise~!! I feel like crap!!! The only good thing is I don't feel like eating....
HOpefully it will pass soon.
dolphin8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #40  

dolphin sorry you are SICK. I was that way in Dec, it's how I got off track actually as I was on a mission. I wonder if my dear old mom is right, she claims I was exercising too hard, not eating enough nutrition cutting my calories back and my resistance was down. I'm not sure as my boy brings junk home from daycare and everyone had it. I hope it's not the same stuff, but it seems to be all over the country - when I was on vacation last month everyone had it in another state I was at! Get a lot of rest, drink lots of water and soup! Sorry.

Lekhika, wow you don't have much more to lose. Congrats on the already large weight loss!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #41  
I will be a fit chick

I'm still here and going at it. Just haven't had time to post lately. With my stepped up workouts on top of work, my daughter, housework and well, you know! It can be crazazy!

HORSEY: You can get Slim N Six at www.beachbody.com. The main workout, Burn it up, is 60 minutes of squats, kicks, punches, lunges, jacks. Then you go to resistance bands or free weights, then get down on all fours for some leg lifts (they are killer for me), then she moves to ab work and you cool down to some yoga moves. The premises is to do this 6 days a week for 6 weeks. I did this before a few years ago and the results were amazing. I dropped 2 sizes and felt so toned. I have no idea why i did not keep with it. One thing, it is not the fun workout like turbo jam, and once you know the moves i recommend turning down the volume and playing your own music.

So anyway, once I do that, I continue with something else for 20-40 minutes like an extra ab workout every other day, and more cardio on opposite day.

OH, if you do decide you want to buy this, I recommend buying from amazon.com or somewhere else. The beachbody website gets alot of complaints for customer service and long waits to get the product. But the product is well worth it.

TODAY: Slim N Six burn it up, 60 minutes, Turbo jam 20 minute workout for 80 minutes!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #42  
I will be a fit chick

Horsey: I forgot to ask, what do your bootcamp dvd's entail. I have a workout room with a weight machine, bike, treadmill, stepper, and with all that, I prefer dvd's! 60 minutes on a machine bores me to no end.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #43  

I did Ultimate Body Weight Loss dvd tonight, two of the bootcamp workouts totaling about 45 minutes.

I prefer dvds too. I have a bike, stepper and all of that, but lately I've even been doing my weights on dvds. I get bored easy. If I'm watching tv I'll do weights with a book of exercises to do. I think people who can do 60 min on an exercise machine must lack imagination, I simply can't do it. It's amazing I'm getting through 45 min of cardio too this month but I am feeling GOOD!!!

The bootcamp dvds are just extra hard workouts army style, pushups, crunches, jumping jacks, some have weights some don't. I don't like the "silly" aerobics with complicated steps, I like these fro some reason.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #44  
I will be a fit chick

1. Slim N 6 60 min
2. Turbo Jam, punch, jam and kick 30 min
3. extra ab work 10 min.

Total: 100

I think there is nothing worse than talking yourself into a good workout (yes, i have to talk myself into it, once I'm doing it, I'm fine), being in the middle of it and being interupted, alot! my husband works 2nd shift and he always manages to call me right in the middle. Always something!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #45  

Twentytogo, my GOSH, you are AMAZING. You are in BOOT CAMP like no one else! I know about phone calls in the middle of workouts, last night I got one, I handed the phone to my boy as I couldn't breathe. I'm going to have to settle for a long walk today, tomorrow I"ll do 100! BUT I ate clean and good. The blob from my stomach is officially gone, I've been lifting heavy weights so they say you can add 3-5 lbs for THAT... muscle weighs more then fat... Thanks for doing bootcamp with me.