Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

KC - If they are my kids, I could agree with you. I have a 17 and a 20 yr old son, both of whom tower over me and I tell them, when they get mouthy that this is why other animals eat their young!! Seriously though, to all of you who are teachers, you have my respect, you could not pay me enough to deal with some of the kids I know. But, I hope your headache goes away, are you getting enough water?

S - Take your measurements! You are probably losing inches and gaining muscle. You are doing AWESOME!! Keep it up, but the measurements should show you progress every month even when the scale does not cooperate.

Losing4, been down the pet path also. Right now we have 2 dogs and a bird DH and I have had longer than we've had kids. (OS is 20, the bird is 21) Last year we had to bury the Betta who we had for 4 years. A sad day
WTG with your WW meeting, you are this weeks poster child for weight loss!! I live in a house with 3 men, I am sure I do not make most of the mess in my bathrooms as I don't usually pee standing up in my own house, so I hear you on the bathroom patrol! But I don't want to help!

Fea - good luck on your weigh in today!!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-09-2008 at 05:57 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quick post cause i gotta get ready for work.
I totally hear you, K, it's just like you said, maybe i'm not eating perfectly but i'm definitely eating better than I was! So what gives??
It sounds like everyone's doing great work on themselves!!
I'll check in later, I'm sure.
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #63  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

Thanks mothermavis

Guess what... 6lb loss this week

Yay me. First week, so mostly water and, I suppose a bit of detox for my body as I had been eating such rubbish before I started.

Id been happy with a 1lb off next week.
Fea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #64  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

And we have a winner!

Congrats Fea on the 6 pound loss.

:wooh oo:
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #65  
TBL-Red Team Member

Hello everyone. I hope ya'll are doing well.

MotherMavis: I am starting the TBL challenge also. It would be cool if we were on the same team.

Fea: Congrats again on how well you are doing.

KC: I hope you are feeling better.

Losing4another: Congrats on your 10 pound award.

S: It sounds like you are so on track with your healthy lifestyle. Even if the weight isn't going down, the fat is. And that is what is important.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #66  
TBL-Red Team Member

Made changes to front page stats. Let me know of any changes or additions you want me to add.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #67  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

KC- I think we all understand where your coming from. I know your dealing with highschool but I've babysat for many friends/family some of the kids I just couldn't handle. I feel for you though you have to put up with them for a whole school year...you can't just say sorry this one is to much to handle you will have to find another teacher...would be nice though huh?

MotherM...four years? Thats a long time. The fair fish we had for almost 3 months and the one that died for 2 months. I had fish in the past but they were not goldfish they all lived about 2 years. Just can't remember what they were called....very tiny though smaller than a goldfish. The fair fish is pretty tough ...I think hes going to do okay. He was in a bag for who knows how long, poked at by ton's of kids, and shook. My husband and I really didn't think it was going to live very long...he even got mad because I bought it a bowl and food..he thought I was wasting money on the dead fish. Now hes in a tank and my daughter keeps buying it friends

S- Keep it up ...you will see it on the scale soon

Fea- WOOHOOO You WON!!!!! Great job! We are only in the second week of the month

Mom2- I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I'm only down the one pound 239. Four pounds to go
I decided to go with your idea and start saving money for each pound I've lost. Five dollars a pound ....I'm going with my starting weight before I joined WW puts me at 80 bucks...not much but it will add up. I made a box to keep cash in ...if I leave it at home I can't spend it....Thats the idea anyway
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I've got an edit for the front page! I'm down to 210.5 . I've been hanging around 213 for a few days, but bam.... AF came along and ooh shocker, I dropped weight real quick. It makes me feel A LOT better! =)
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Fea, KC & Losing4, you are all down, that is awesome! WTG

Mom2, I would love it if we are on the same team, what are your challenge goals? I am trying to get under 150 to start and then lose 21 more pounds, that would put me in the 120's and that would be the bomb. I already gave my weight though, because I was terriied of missing the dates!!

Losing4, yes, 4 years, YS got him at his BFF's Bar Mitvah. Had him it seemed like forever. MIL used to be frantic when we went on vacation, she watches the bird and watched the fish. She was afraid one of them would keel on her watch...she'll still be watching my silly bird.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #70  

Good morning all --
Hasn't been a great couple of days, foodwise or exercisewise. My cousin ended up in town yesterday and I decided to have dinner with her instead of going to the gym, and the day before, I'd had a day off to have dinner with another friend. Obviously, these dinners out aren't great for either the wallet or the belly, but the socializing is pretty good for the soul!
I'm thinking of hitting the gym twice today to make up for it a little bit -- OR, I'll go for a jog!! That's a great idea. Jog this morning, gym class tonight. Also hoping to do some menu planning for the next few days, hopefully keep on track better.
PMSing, by the way. Ugh.

Fea -- wow, you didn't even give us a fighting chance, here!! Good for you!!
Mavis -- what is the TBL challenge? Ooh, let's see if I can guess...Total Body Loss? And as for the measurements, you know, I just don't trust myself to do it right, you know, measure in the same spot every time. Any tips?
KC -- What's AF? And congrats on the weight loss!!
Rachel -- thanks for the pep talk. How're you doing??
Losing -- nice job on the ribbon. And the money saving idea. You'll have enough for new clothes in no time!!

--S
Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #71  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

MotherM & mom2~ I signed up too. I really don't have a goal other than lose as much as I can. I'm doing another TBL on another site too. Between the two I should be able to keep myself on track with all the weigh in's.

S- maybe the pmsing is why you haven't seen a loss...Maybe you will see a loss like KC after AF (aunt flo)

KC- back to ticker weight huh? Way to go
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #72  

OK, I made it out for a nice jog, 2 min run to 1 min walk, which is pretty good considering it's been many frozen months since I attempted an outdoor run. Now I'm at work and kinda tired, just ate a lunch of whole wheat couscous, chicken breast, and whatever frozen veggies I could find in my house. Feels pretty healthy. Drinking water. Planning on the gym tonight.
I'm just super sleepy and blah now. It's always a little weird here when I'm not seeing clients -- I feel like there are things I should/could be doing but I don't know what they are! And so I'm posting...
Well, thanks again for being there, ladies, I don't think I would have thought of a jog this morning if I hadn't been posting. Hopefully I'll find some energy for the day, even if it's at the bottom of a cup of coffee.
S
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #73  

Yay... really back to ticker weight now. I'm at 210 again, finally, and I feel good. I feel like I'm starting to see results, especially in my arms. Tonight I'm going to do Turbo Sculpt and a 1 mile walk in walk away the pounds. (Probably walk first, then Turbo Sculpt). Right now I have a humongous headache so I'm gonna take a short cat nap and hope that it goes away.. I've been getting them quite often this week now that I'm back to work... Damn kids... haha it's probably not their fault, but its killin me.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #74  

Good evening girlies... wow, two posts for me in a row. I just had to post because I'm excited for myself. I'm still doing good with eating on plan, but I ate 2 reeses peanut butter cups today. (not 2 packs, just two cups!) One of the students was selling them, and of course I had to get some... but to be proud of myself a little bit... It was a pack of 3, I ate 2 and gave the last one to the student I bought them from! =) Whoo hoo! At least I didn't eat all 3! Plus tonight I did a 1 mile WATP dvd, PLUS the 40 minute Turbo Sculpt! Yay for a little cardio and sculpting in one night! But now its shower time, cause I SMELL!

Fea -- wow... nobody really had a chance. You're really kickin our butts here! What are you doing for workouts/eating to lose that fast?
Mavis -- how have things been going for you the past few days? You've posted commenting on the rest of us, but haven't said too much about yourself!!! =)
Shrinking -- AF would be that time of the month! =) Hopefully when yours finishes you drop some of that weight... Mine dropped as soon as mine finally started. (I was a few days late). I'm just hoping I continue to keep dropping! I still want to be down 5 more pounds by the end of the month! I think I can do it if I keep going! I'm sure you can too, just keep going and know that even if you don't see results right now, as long as you keep motivated you will see results and they'll be worth the few weeks of nothing!
Rachel -- how have you been doing the past few days!??
Losing -- way to go for the 10 lb ribbon! =) How have you been doing the past few days?
**If I forgot anyone, I'll catch ya on the flip side!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #75  

KC -- I hope that those headaches go away. That's annoying to suffer that. But good work on the Reese's!!

I'm feeling real good about myself bc I went for that jog this morning, and then went to Kwando class tonight. Now I'm up against dinner and the perpetual knot in my stomach. Gotta get into the shower, too.

OK ladies, looking forward to hearing from you!
S