Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #91  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dena! So what videos are you doing?? I tend not to like 'aerobics' type work-outs and videos; but I've found that on some days when the weather is really cold I have a hard time making myself go out and walk. *SIGH*. I LOVE going to the gym, but I just moved to Indiana and can't afford to join one yet. Maybe if I found the right video though....it's cheap and easy, that's fo' sure..... Well, glad you are still hanging in there. I just watched Oprah and Bob Greene was on ~ it was so motivating! Bob's got the right idea - being healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. I just love that.

So, I've had another great day too. I'm proud that it has been TWO WEEKS and I have stayed within my calorie range everyday. I didn't weight today, but something feels thinner. What a great feeling! I love, love, love eating good and feeling good.
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Wish,

Glad to hear that you are sticking with it and doing so well! And I know what you mean about feeling a little thinner. I feel the same way. I was tempted to weigh myself this morning, but I don't dare just yet. I just want to keep going and not let numbers deter me. I feel better when I know I am doing better.

Like I said I'm starting slowly, so my video of choice right now is Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies." It's lame, I know. But it's easy and only takes 30 minutes and it's producing results, so who cares. I also have "Body Flex" and that's next on my list to add. That's easy, too, and only takes 15 minutes. It's a combo of yoga and strength training. I also have "Slim in 6." Now that's a workout! Eventually, I'll do that one. But there's lots of things you can do indoors. Last nite, I turned on the TV and danced. (I have cable with lots of music channels.) Do whatever it takes.
I know people who have lost weight marching with Leslie Sansoon. (I think that's how you spell her last name.)

What did Bob Greene have to say? Oh, by the way, when does your new job start? Good luck with that!

Have a great day!!
Hugs, Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #93  
Angela

Dena: Sweatin to the Oldies!?! LOL!!!! .......My mom and I used to do that together when I was little. Where did you find a copy?!? I feel like I've tried Body Flex somewhere along the way...With so many fitness plans and diets behind me and I just can't keep track anymore ! But you are right, I've got to do something indoors on these cold days...Maybe I'll see if my mom still has Richard around !

I am heading into my P/T job just now. I don't know for sure if I have the other job or not. My second interview was last week and they should be calling anyday...Will keep u posted!

Do you work/volunteer/have kids or just any other responsibilities that sometimes hinder you from exercise??? You seem to be so on top of it, so I was just wondering...

Have a gr8 day!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Tuesday!

Well--

I finally got fox tuned in tonight and my fave show "Bones" is not on. Boo!

I have been getting some new dvds lately--I get bored pretty quick. I did:

Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly and Boy Short Bottoms--liked it

Yoga booty ballet

They are both good and I would say intermediate.

Take care all!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #95  
Angela

I'm down another pound! Woo-hoo! So that's my first 5 since we started the Me <3 Me Challenge. YAY!

Glad you are still with us Sno. Enjoy those work out dvds.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #96  

Hi Wish, Sno and everyone!

I had another great day yesterday...1303 cals plus treadmilled and used weights. My hubby even told me I look great first thing this morning. Who could ask for anything more? So my trick of not using the scale for awhile is working for me. I feel a lot better physically and mentally, too.

Sno, you're doing a great job exercising! Gotta check out those DVDs.

Wish, congratulations on losing 5 lbs.!

OK, time for me to get crackin'
Hugs, Dena
Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #97  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm back! I'm here. I'm alive!
I ended up being out of town for about two months, thats why you guys haven't heard from me. Went to the island to help my dad run his B and B. But i'm back now, and with some unfortunate news I am back up to 136 now. So i need to give myself a kick in the butt and lose a good 10-12 pounds by April 1st, I also need to work on my tummy. I'll read all your guys' posts tonight when I get home, since I'm off to work now. But just wanted to let you know i'm here and back with avengeance. It's nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones. Good luck everyone!
I hope everyones holidays were glorious.
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #98  

Hi guys!

Guess what?! My pants are starting to get looser! Even after washing them! You know how they usually shrink a size after washing... well, no problem this time.

I saw Bob Greene on TV yesterday, and he says it's actually more important to exercise than to be too restrictive on the calories. And yesterday, because it was freezing all day, I was starving! I ended up with 1402 cals. and exercised on the treadmill for an hour (while watching TV.) I also did my weights. The good part about it being cold is that I exercise to keep warm. I don't keep the heat too high. Good excuse for me to exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Hugs, Dena
Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #99  
Angela

Bob Greene was on TV again? That man gets around!!!...Good for you Dena ~ that treadmill seems to be your new BFF. And doesn't it feel comfy when your clothes loosen up?? I wish all my clothes felt that way all the time!

Well, I had a good day yesterday too (1350 cals and 3.5 miles walking). Today I am off to a good start with a healthy breakfast...We are doing this! Woo-hoo!

Welcome Elegegant!! It's good to have someone new :-)
Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 AM   #100  

Default Thursday recap!

Hi all:

I was thinking about MLK because of the upcoming holiday and I realized I dont know all that much about him other than knowing his speeches and his role in the civil rights movement. So I went to Blockbuster to get a documentary on him--what a scandal--they dont have anything there! So I ordered a few from the library. I just was thinking about what an amazing person he was and how beautiful his speeches were and his non-violent approach to a very violent problem is so inspiring. In this age of violence, domination and attack politics it is wonderful to remember that some truly wise and good people have been influential.

I have been super busy as usual--I guess I dont need to tell you that because I always am. Anyway I have also been super naughty and bought myself a bunch of clothes--mostly workout gear which is my new style. I have bought 7 pairs of pants, one track jacket, one track suit, one workout bra and sweatshirt and a pair of seven jeans(100 bucks--a deal because they are usually 200)!! Super naughty--bad bad. I just cant resist now that I can fit in regular sizes. It is just too fun!

wish: on your weight loss and diligence! Keep it up.

dena: great job on the plan and exericse--that is the formula! Good job on solving your scale issue. And good job on the loose pants. I plan to get some more weights in town tomorrow--I keep forgetting to do it! Who is bob green anyway? I am trying to shift into more exercise and wan to slowly increase my calories--I am around 1300-1400 right now.

Elegant! Hope you had a great vacation! so you are up to 135--boo hoo! come on you are doing great after 2 months of off plan. And now you are back on track and getting busy. Keep us posted on the plan!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all, I have not been posting much either, but I've been doing great. I am down to 149! I just looked at what I was thinking at the beginning of the month and I have decided a facial is 1st. Almost ready to schedule it!

1/31 148 Manicure?
2/29 143 New undies from VS?
3/31 138 Pedicure?
4/30 133 - 130 even we'll see what that brings???
Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #102  
It's me!

S/C/G: 197/166/140

Height: 5'4

Name: Zuleka
Challenge goal: 15 pounds
Starting Weight: 169
WI day- Monday
GAIN/LOSE SO FAR: -3

WK 1. 01/07 ~ 166 ~ Down 3
WK 2. 01/14 ~ 167 ~ Up 1
WK 3. 01/21 ~166 ~ Down 1
WK 4. 01/28
WK 5. 02/04
WK 6. 02/11
WK 7. 02/18
WK 8. 02/25
WK 9. 03/03
WK 10. 03/10
WK 11. 03/17
WK 12. 03/24
WK 13. 03/31

Last edited by Zuleka; 01-22-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Zuleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #103  

Default Happy Friday!

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had 1230 cals, treadmilled for an hour and used my weights! Now the weekend is coming up and we might go out to dinner and that's going to be a challenge. Maybe I'll box up half of whatever.

Did you hear about Dr. Phil? I guess he's practicing psychology without a license. And when he barged into the hospital to see Britney Spears that upset a lot of psychologists in CA. One filed a complaint and now he's being investigated.

Wish, you're doing a great job! It really inspires me to see other people are working at it, too. And you taking walks in the freezing cold... wow, that is dedication! I love it.

Sno, so good to see you back. And good for you for getting cool clothes! You deserve it, doing so well. Oh, by the way, Bob Greene is a fitness trainer often seen on Oprah. He's the one who helped her lose the weight. He has several books out on healthy eating and exercise.

MotherMavis, You're almost at your goal for the month! One more lb. to go. What a great idea about getting a facial!

Zuleka, welcome! Congrats. on the 2 lbs. lost.

OK, guys, I have to eat my breakfast. I already did my weights this morning.
Have a great weekend,
Dena
Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #104  
Angela

I nearly cried this morning when my scale showed me I had gained 2 lbs...How could this be?!?! I have been working so hard and been soo good!! But then something else happened....Aunt Flo showed up. Let's hope those 2 lbs are related to the TOM - nothing more, nothing less. My ticker stays the same until I know for sure. I don't plan to weigh for about a week, since my ego just can't take those kind of blows.

DENA: I don't even like treadmills but I found myself looking at one in Sam's Club yesterday. I guess we are inspiring eachother!

Sno: New skinny clothes are the best!!! You absolutely deserve them. Sorry you have been so busy lately, but it's great that you are still OP. Adding in more calories to you diet is going to be fun. You have to keep me posted on how that goes for you.

Mother: The 140's!!! WOW! You must feel great! Enjoy your facial, my dear.

Zuleka: We would love to have you! You are off to a great start - keep it up!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #105  

yay!

finally some movement on the scale--one lb--Probably because I burned so many calories complaining about not losing--he he!

So now I am back to my pre-holiday weight. And am rolling up my sleeves to deal with the rest!

Mavis: great job--nice to break that 150 barrier, huh?

Zuleka:

Dena: thanks for gossip on Dr. Phil! What weirdness to make yourself so famous and not have the credentials. Silly. Keep up the great work! Let us know how the dinner goes.

Lori: TOM does cause all that--but it also cleanses the system--you will probably have a nice woosh when you weigh a week from now.

Have a wonderful skinny day all!

Sno