Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #76  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a wee post before bed...

Another great day behind me - 1280 cals and some walking. This feels so GOOD.

I love Snow's idea of thinking about what's going to be different come April 1st. Visualizing your future is such a powerful tool for making things happen... Well, for me, I see myself at 163 pounds then - that will be a total of 30 pounds lost since I started this journey. DANG!! Hence, my 'skinny' clothes are going to fit me again. YAY! I have 2 fantastic pairs of jeans that are too small now, but in April I will be struttin' my stuff in them!... My cheekbones will be more pronounced. My butt will be firmer from all my exercise. My skin will have more glow from all the H2O, nutrients and vitamins I have been giving my body. And lastly - and I hope this doesn't offend anyone - I will look hotter in my lingerie, and feel better when I slide into bed with the hubby. Sorry if that was TMI, but it's just true....

Sno: Ya know, most burger joints don't appeal to me, but In-N-Out is special. Why does it have to be so good??? I am pround of you for staying strong.

Luxor: I'm sorry you are sick; it makes it so hard to stay OP. Drink lots of fluids and do the best you can. Hang in there.

Happy health to everyone!

Last edited by wish4fit; 01-09-2008 at 10:41 PM.
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #77  
Angela

It's me again! I'm posting early today as I have a meeting to attend tonight.

Need a little help here ladies................It is likely that I will be taking on a second job in the next week or so. Currently I work p/t and I volunteer 8-10 hours a week. The new job is full-time, so I will go from having a somewhat leisurely life to a mad rat-race where I am always scrambling for time. I don't want to lose my momentum and drive to lose weight, as I've been so strong thus far and I'm really 'feeling it'. This is my time for change and I don't want other priorities to get in the way...

I know you are probably thinking I should dump the p/t job or the volunteer job, but I can't. I am not only committed, I am contracted. I can quit the volunteer work at the end of March, so I'll probably do that, but that still leaves me with 60 hour work weeks for an unforseeable amount of time....

So tell me - what is the secret to leading a very busy life and somehow making time to take care of yourself? When will I exercise??? Are there any 'shortcuts' in the kitchen so I don't end up a McDonald's regular again?!? I love natural foods, I love cooking, but I also know that if I'm famished I won't do it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Wish,
I know you can do it, because you really want it. And we're here to help you! I had this sense of urgency to answer you, because I've been there.

There was a time when I worked full time and went to the University full time. Looking back, I don't know how I did it. Plus I got good grades. I was on Weight Watchers, so I planned my meals in the morning before I went to work and walked during my lunch break. Like you, I even volunteered. Being that busy actually made me feel like I had a fulfilling life. (I didn't have time for stupid stuff like TV... especially the idiot shows that are on now.) So it's all about planning and deciding what's important in your life. Remember, this thread is about loving "you" first, which means it's important to take care of yourself--no one else is going to do it.

I hope I didn't sound like I was preaching, because I really do care.
Hugs, Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thursday!

Hi all--another pound today and I am grateful! One lb away from pre-holiday weight.

Wish: When I was super busy the lifesaver was making sure I had lotsa water with me at all times--I carried a case of essentia in my trunk. And making sure I had good food that could sustain me. Bring fruit, apples, nuts, hardboiled eggs, carrots and celery and protein bars in your purse. Stock up the fridge at your work with nice meals such as Amy's frozen food or Lean cuisine or others you like. Keep a bottle of lowfat dressing in the fridge too and bring a bag of salad. While frozen food is not as good as fresh food it is way better than McDonalds. Even if you need to resort to a fast food place, most of them have salads with protein so there is no reason to eat fries and burgers and sugar as the the only option. Just make sure there is some time for you--else all this will sap your motivation!

Dena: great job! 1280 calories is a nice number and will help you lose weight. Keep up the good work!

Mavis: good to hear from you! how about less lurking and more posting!!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #80  

hello all it seems as if u all are doing a great job, im eating right and planing to get some exercise into my routine and along with everything else i am trying to study hard and really want to take my exam this year infact im so busy thinking about exams that i forget to cheat and eat only those things which i plan to eat ok ladies i wish u all a beautiful op day bbye for now
strawberryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #81  

Default Tgif!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm happy to say I did great yesterday... 1275 cals & worked out to 1 1/2 videos. This is a big deal for me, since I was sick for a long time (in the hospital) and could hardly get the stength to look at a video cover. I started exercising again by walking slowly on the treadmill, which made me stronger and now I'm back, baby. My doc is proud of me, too. But enough about me.

Wish, how are things going? I hope you are not too stressed with your new job.

Sno, you have excellent food ideas. Wow, you are ready for anything, not leaving anything to chance. I like that determination and strength.

Straw, isn't jit funny when you are busy, you can actually forget about unhealthy food. That's the good part in staying extra busy. What exam are you studying for?

OK, guys, time to plan for my day and get some exercise in. Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs, Dena
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #82  

Default Friday!

Hi all!

So here I am on January 11 having been 100% for the last 10 days! It has been rough but I have managed to hang in there. Yesterday I had some sushi for lunch and I think I ate about 300 calories worth so I used my lunch protein and my apple. I think it worked out but my weight was up today so I think I ate too much soy sauce--yum!

I have sluffed off a little in exercise this week because of being super-busy and tired. I have done 3 walks, so I am doing okay with that but havent been doing my leg exercises and stretches. And I did so good last week! Being tired really took its toll--I needed a break.

My friends are all saying dont lose more than 10 more lbs--and these are non-katty friends. I think they are right--I need more exercise than anything else! I would love to have a trainer!

I had two NSV yesterday at the sushi place--I tasted the miso soup and didnt like it so I didnt eat it!

And I passed on numerous opportunities to eat chocolate kisses. Yay team me!

Hope everyone else is doing okay and hi to all!

sno
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #83  

Default ???

Straw: what happened about the rice?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #84  
Angela

I'm here and with good news...I bought a new car! We went to Indy today and picked out the prettiest gun-metal colored Hybrid. I it so much!....We were up there nearly all day and had lunch at Boston Market. Compared to the other options, it seemed sensible. I came home and put it all into Fitday and discovered I had a whopping 700 calorie lunch! Oh well, with a light dinner I will be okay....

Dena: Thanks so much for this!!!! You are right; and I will not let anything get in the way of me taking care of me. I'll need to be a pretty heavy planner, something which I hate...but it will serve me well in the end........I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital and I hope you are okay now . What happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den@ View Post
Wish,
I know you can do it, because you really want it. And we're here to help you! I had this sense of urgency to answer you, because I've been there.

Remember, this thread is about loving "you" first, which means it's important to take care of yourself--no one else is going to do it.
And Sno: Thanks so much for these wonderful tips . I had never thought about water in the trunk! Hardboiled eggs are awesome for when hunger really it's and I had totally forgotten about them. THANKS! AND ANOTHER POUND LOST plus NSV's! What is your secret?!?! I am truly impressed. Your 100% days are really paying off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrocade View Post
Wish: When I was super busy the lifesaver was making sure I had lotsa water with me at all times--I carried a case of essentia in my trunk. And making sure I had good food that could sustain me. Bring fruit, apples, nuts, hardboiled eggs, carrots and celery and protein bars in your purse. Stock up the fridge at your work with nice meals such as Amy's frozen food or Lean cuisine or others you like. Keep a bottle of lowfat dressing in the fridge too and bring a bag of salad. While frozen food is not as good as fresh food it is way better than McDonalds. Even if you need to resort to a fast food place, most of them have salads with protein so there is no reason to eat fries and burgers and sugar as the the only option. Just make sure there is some time for you--else all this will sap your motivation!

Sno
Strawberry: Glad to see you are doing well! Keep us posted in your progress and good luck with that exam...Tell us more.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:22 AM   #85  

hi everybody and thanks for all the support
snow: way to go another pound u know when i joined 3 fat chicks in may i was at the same weight that i am now 198-195 and u were about 20 -30 lbs over weight than me but now i weigh more than u do!!!!u have done a terrific job and shown real motivation and will power so a little bit of extra calories or some little less exercise wont matter i know u ll cover every extra morsel of food that goes down your throat and as for rice i cant quit it completely so i add about 2 tablespoons on my plate along with my own dinner and i spread the rice and start my dinner with rice and i end it with rice and when im eating the last bite i tell myself "this is the taste which ill have in my mouth after eating loads n loads of rice so what matters is the after taste" and its helping infact im trying to do the same with every naughty food

dena:im so glad that u r back to track after a long illness but take special care of ur diet try to eat healthy and as for exam im studying for my medical licensure exam i study at night from 12 - 4 sometimes 5 even 6 in the morning and as a refresher i write to u ppl i couldnt study because of daughter earlier but now i just wanna study

wish :congrats on that new car so when are u going for a romantic long drive?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #86  
Angela

Down 2 lbs today! AWESOME! I am such a slow loser, so 2lbs one week makes me so happy!

Straw: That is so much studying! Uckk....But it sounds like in the end it will all be worth it....I find dieting even harder when I stay up late at night. It's so easy to nibble once everyone's gone to bed. And if you've had a good day the hunger is settling in so it's even harder to fight off. How do you do it?

I'm off to work now and then for a drive in the new car...Maybe later we'll have to take that romantic drive - sounds fun
Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 AM   #87  

hello evrybody remember i made a resolution to eat an apple every day well it wasnt an easy one coz icant eat apple with the skin so i decided to do something abt it n one morning i was pureeing some fruit for my daughter n thought abt making an apple smoothie so i added an apple with skin cut in 4 pieces seeds removed into blender n pureed than added 7 oz of milk n 2 tablespoons of yogurt a packet of splenda some ice cubes ..........n loved the taste today i tried it with splendaa flavor blends in vanilla n it tasted so good it felt like cheating
this smoothie has solved my biggest problem i.e the breakfast it keeps me full all day
well my daughter has fever and some mild flu she doesnt like wearing socks n shoes indoors n our wood floors get cold even with heat so im going to bed now as i know she ll wake up early in the morning
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #88  

Hi All,

I'm so glad to see everyone. The last time I wrote, it was just me and I thought our group was slowly dwindling. I'm glad to see that that's not the case. I'm happy to report I did well with my calories and exercise both Friday and Saturday and hope to do the same today. Weekends are usually my downfall, but I am determined to stay strong this weekend. That will give me momentem to keep it going. I'm so proud of all of us doing well through the month of January!

Straw, great idea about the apple! Hope your daughter feels better.

Wish, congrats on the two pounds! Wish, you asked what happened to me. Let's see if I can say this as least stressful as possible. It stresses me out to talk about it. OK, I developed a condition, had to have surgery, had complications from the surgery, stayed in the hospital for 2 months, was in pain and could't walk for 3 months after that, had to stay away from people for 6 months because my immune system was so low, but thank God, that's all over. I got through all of this with a lot of prayer. By the way, I ordered a treadmill when I was in a lot of pain and looked at it every day, determined I would get on it and I did! Now I have to move on to more positive things to talk about. As Tony Robbins says, "the past does not equal the future." So I'm focusing on good things to come. And they are already starting!

Sno, great job in spite of your school work!

Well, I've got to run. It's Sunday morning and my hubby is patiently waiting for me downstairs.
Hugs, Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-13-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #89  
Angela

Happy Sunday ladies

I was a little worried our group was dwindling too, but there are a few of us still here. And I for one AM NOT QUITTING. This is my year to do this; I can just feel it. Maybe it's turning 30, or maybe it's that I'm living in a new town and have the opportunity to establish new habits, or maybe I'm just finally ready to commit to the long-haul. Who knows??? I just keep telling myself that my eating habits were already good, so it's just a matter of tweaking them into perfection and adding the exercise. I really hope you all stay with me on this journey ....

Dena: Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you really went through alot. You seem to be positive though and have really built your strength back. I wish you the very best, my dear ...I have a patchy medical history as well and have had a few hospital stays and 2 scary surgeries; so I know a little about what you are going through. I will say it has given me a whole new appreciation for my health and a new motivation to take good care of myself. I like to think of it as a blessing in disguise....... Stay with me on this, and in no time you'll be back to that 132!

Straw: Your apple-breakfast-shake-concoction sounds kind of yummy. I don't eat sweetners, but I'm thinking a little honey could work if I wanted to try one. I'm curious, so maybe I'll have to bust out the blender...

Well, I have got to go on a walk today. I've been a bit lazy the last 2 days and using bad weather as an excuse. The weather still isn't great - but my excuses are over! .....Oh yeah - and I had and NSV yesterday. I actually PLANNED to have beers last night and worked them into my calories w/o going over . I had THREE beers and was still at 1400 cals - what a breakthrough for me!!!

Hope you are all having a nice weekend and keep me posted on your progress.
~ ANGELA
Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #90  

Hi guys,

Just checking in to say I did well with my eating and exercise yesterday. So that's another day under my belt. Now on to a new week! I already did a half an hour on the treadmill this morning and hope do a video later. Got to keep my other muscles working.

Wish, sorry you went through a similar ordeal. It's not fun, is it? Well, I'm glad we're both working at getting stronger every day. And congrats on sticking to 1400 cals!! That's not always easy to do on a weekend. I can attest to that.

Well, guys, we're half way through the month now. Geez, it's going fast already. Let's contine to make this year the year we reach our goal.
Hugs, Dena