Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #76  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Sonja and Losing4another! I went Christmas and birthday shopping yesterday. Stopped at BK for my kids to eat, but I was so good. I packed chicken to eat, and ate that instead. Of course, my weight isn't moving.

My baby turned one today. I will have cake (a small piece) today. I really thought that I would be done with nursing or close to it.
We were out at the store yesterday, and she tried to undress me in the store, so she could nurse. Once she stops nursing, I really think it will be easier on me to lose weight. We'll see.

The other day I watched my wedding on tape with my son. He said I was beautiful in that dress. Then he saw me on my honeymoon and asked who that kid was. It was me (I was 23 then). I was just so much smaller....128 pounds........and he didn't recognize me. Anyways.....it was really depressing how much I have changed, but also a boost that I really want to be back to that size. What is funny is that I really thought that I was fat back then. I would now love to be that size.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Big Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I know, it's funny to think how I thought I was fat when I was 117, my lowest. I could smack me! But it also makes me think how I should look appreciatively at my body now, so that if I gain weight or break an arm or something, I won't look back at myself now and think how I could smack me!
Speaking of which, went to my boyfriend's xmas party last night, I just entered my calories for the day -- 1000 over my limit. Ugh. Damn wine!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #78  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I made it to 242 ......Now what? I think this is the first time I've EVER made it to a short term goal on time On top of that I'm almost at 237 (a goal I made here last year but never made it ) Do I dare make another goal this month? Should I stop and be happy that I made it or should I keep going and try to see 239 before the first? Well not the first but the 2nd ....thats my first meeting of the new year.

I understand the can't believe I thought i was fat pain ...but I don't want to think about it it's depressing. My goal is to feel better instead of the number I SHOULD BE. I was thinking about 175 I remember feeling fat at that number at the time but seen a pic when I was about that and I think I looked pretty good...not skinny but a cute fat....if you can think of what a cute fat would look like

Happy Birthday to your baby girl When do you plan to stop BF? I bet it will be a lot easier to stay in control when you do. Your almost to that 5 lb goal ...keep it up

Sonja- Party's are the worst not really but it feels like it when they mess up all your hard work. I went to my last party for the year Saturday night....no more until the end of Jan. New years I plan on hanging out with my daughter so I will probably either have nothing to drink or just one to cheers the new year
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I've been horrible for the holidays. Need to refocus to get my 5 pounds by then end of the month
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #80  
TBL-Red Team Member

Sonja: I know, I know......one of my problems was always comparing myself to my niece and sister........so I thought I was fat. When I weighed 112 pounds, I thought I was fat, because it was more than they weighed.....so stupid.

I know we are suppose to love who we are at the moment, but I really am not loving myself right now. After 3 kids, my body just went to the "dogs".

So, if you do not have kids yet, I urge you to get in shape now, then stay in shape once you are pregnant. Now if I had to chose between not having my kids for a great body, I would definetly pick this horrible body for my kids.

Losing4another: Congrats on how well you are doing. I would say keep going. You don't want to stop because you made it to your mini-goal. Do be happy though, if you don't make it any further, but please keep going......I know I am going to try.

As far as nursing: I am trying to stop now...I am trying to wean her....but she has other ideas. I was really hoping to be done by the time she turned one. I thought potty training my oldest was the hardest thing to do, but now I think weaning from nursing is going to be the hardest. She is a comfort nurser. If I don't give in, she lets the whole neighborhood know.

MotherMavis: I know, the holidays are so hard. You can do this.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #81  
TBL-Red Team Member

You guys, remember, the average person gains between 5-10 pounds during the holiday season. As long as we don't gain, we are doing better than the average person. Now that said, we have thirteen days left to make your 5 pound goal. Who's with me to do what we need to do to get to our goal?

Does anyone have anything they do, when they really push themselves to loose that extra pound?

For example, if I don't eat any processed carbs, and only eat veggies and maybe an apple for my carbs......and eat 2 ounces of chicken or tuna or egg whites along with my veggies every 2-3 hours for 5 meals, I lose weight. Even though this is not alot of calories, my body doesn't feel like it is starving, because I am eating constantly.

Also, about 6 years ago, I lost about 30 pounds, eating a few spoons of peanut butter for my meals. I was taking classes, and I ate the peanut butter, instead of eating from the snack machines. Now this was just the regular PB. If I had known how good Skippy Natural was, I would have ate that. I will still eat PB for a snack or meal. This feels like I am treating myself.

I hope all is doing well today. Big Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #82  
TBL-Red Team Member

This is what we have so far. We are doing so good, especially during the season when everyone is gaining.

Let me know if you need me to change any numbers.

Jan. 1 Goal
Weight:

******************Starting: *****Jan.Goal:*****Actual: So far

Losing4Another:*******250***********245********242
MotherMavis:*********153***********148********151
Slisette(Sonja)********148***********143********14 6.5
Mom2SBM (Rachel)*****205***********200******** 201
Grazer**************175***********170********
Sexyshadow*********204************199********

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

5 pound race:

Losing4Another:................................... ...................-8
MotherMavis:...................................... ....................-2
Slisette(Sonja):.................................. .....................-1.5
Mom2SBM (Rachel):......................................... .........- 4
Grazer:
Sexyshodow:
Old 12-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #83  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

So....

Will your group open up this challenge again on New Years day?

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #84  

my vote's for yes on opening up the challenge!
miss mother mavis, you and I are ON, girl. We seem to both be getting our booties kicked by the other ladies, so we've got 13 day to get it together. That is totally doable!! I'm busting out my competitive side here because I think I need it! Game face!!!
Ok, I'm watching Project Runway right now and the challenge for the contestants is to design outfits for fat ladies who lost their weight (169 lbs for one of them!) out of their favorite outfits from when they were fat. That is motivational, too. I can't wait to wear cute stuff!!
Today I did good, even got to the gym, and I'm planning on yoga or gym tomorrow. I think this is what I need to push myself to my goal, since I haven't been doing great without it.
Losing4Another -- you're doing great. Don't lose steam!! You're inspirational!!
Rachel -- the whole nursing things sounds like a drag. your little one is already seeking food for comfort -- isnt that where it all begins!! you're going to take off when you get your boobs back, though, i'm sure!

sonja
Old 12-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #85  

This morning I'm 145.5!
I feel like I'm finally feeling invested in this whole weight loss venture. I remember when I was in high school and first successfully dieted and lost weight, the tie-in between calories in and calories out was what drove me. I'd be on the elliptical and watch the calorie burned and think, "there goes that yogurt! there goes that granola bar" and I'd envision once my body moved through the calories I'd eaten for the day, then it would start on my stored up fat. The downside is that I went a little crazy with it back then, eating far too little and ignoring the larger effects of a sped up metabolism, and the calories burned just for daily activities like breathing. At any rate, the point is that now, I think about my time spent at the gym when I pour olive oil into a pan -- do I really want to undo 30 min of cardio by frying this when I could just grill it?
Hopefully this clarity lasts!!
Sonja

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 12-20-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #86  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Deal: Let me in and I'll give you a run for yer money on who loses the most from today until New Years Day....c'mon, what've y'all got to lose except weight!!!???

cuppjoe
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #87  
TBL-Red Team Member

Jumping up and down: I got on the scale this morning and I was 1/2 pound under goal weight (199 1/2). So now I am going to start on next months 5 pound goal loss.

Sonja: Congrats on getting down to another pound. I really like your competitive spirit. That's what we need here. A little motivation and a kick in the rear. Actually, don't get me wrong....nursing is a wonderful decision for me....but I had only wanted to nurse for a year, and the years up, and no interest on Meagan's part on quiting..... and I am so attached to my children.....they all sleep with my husband and I (thank goodness for King size beds).....I just can't say nooooooooooo!!! And to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. So I tell you that, so you can get the idea on my style. I can't down right refuse to nurse, but I am highly encouraging her in distracting her from comfort nursing. So now I feel like I am rambling, I just really didn't want to give the impression that nursing is a drag. It really isn't. I only nursed my 1st one for one month. The second, not at all. And you know about the third one. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing....I would nurse all over again.

Cuppajoe: Welcome to our little "gathering". The more the merrier!!!!!

Last edited by Mom23BC; 12-20-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #88  
TBL-Red Team Member

Okay! I had to repost, because I was just so happy when I met my monthly goal this morning, and Sonja had a change. Just a little boost for ya girls.

5 pound race:

Losing4Another:................................... ...................-8
MotherMavis:...................................... ....................-2
Slisette(Sonja):.................................. .....................-2.5
Mom2SBM (Rachel):......................................... .........- 5.5
Grazer:
Sexyshodow:
Old 12-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #89  

Hey I'm down to 144 today!! One more pound to goal...been hitting the gym like i said i would, i think it's helped even though only 30 min a day.
sonja
Old 12-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #90  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Way to go Sonja You will make it
I'm still sitting at 242. I had a pig out day last friday. Was hanging out with some friends and just let loose and had fun. I had a 4oz gain the next day and hopefully thats it. I'm back on track .....can't wait to get the Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners over with.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote