Old 11-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #46  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi y'all!

Yeah, no time for personals either, I'm afraid! My love goes out to all of you! My eating has been off now for days. I continue to adopt the one day at a time, but so far, each day has been like the last: OFF PLAN. I was watching Oprah yesterday and Bob Greene was saying that women have to practically be perfect to lose weight due to the lower amounts of testosterone in their system then guys. That made me feel a bit better, because that is what I have been saying for 6 months now:"I seem to have to eat, drink and exercise perfectly to have any weight loss." I know I shouldn't complain because I only am slightly overweight, but slightly over-weight for the past 30 years is still not what I prefer!

I am thankful that I have only ever been slightly overweight, but what I recognise is that it doesn't matter whether your slightly, or overly overweight, we all have the same problem of responding in habitual ways to our triggers, eh?

I didn't have time for all this rambling. But I guess I needed it. Hmmm, here's a novel idea. When I am triggered, I will smoke some WEED. (Now, there's an addiction that I truly had for a decade, that I have eliminated completely from my life for 15 years now.) So, now I just have to figure out what food is NOT ALLOWED in my mouth no matter what and the weight will come off. Easy, eh? Hah!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #47  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie* I got yelled at for being at work. But i'm here and alive and functioning. Gonna go get some soup for lunch, bblater if not tonight
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I hope this week has found everyone doing pretty good. I have been on and off plan i guess. My weight was 137 for two days then up to 138 and finally back down to 137 today....so then instead of eating my little lean meal for lunch, i splurged and went out to eat. An 800 calorie meal. Wouldn't be so bad if i hadn't already planned to go out with the boyfriend for a nice dinner tonight. I am already at almost 1300 for today. Anything i get tonight is going to put me way up. {sigh} . At least i am planning on actually going to gym class tonight and i know i won't be over eating over the weekend because i hardly have any food in my house and am flat busted broke....so i can't go out to eat.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #49  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

So TOM is finally over and I am down 2.2 lbs this week. Tomorrow I'm getting the car fixed! YAYYYY! And right after he fixes it, I'm rushing to a WW meeting and signing up again. 7 days and counting!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Hey, everyone! Just hopping on to post about my Mexican food experience last night. We're going to call this one a draw. Did I eat too much? A little, yeah - 2 fajitas that were pretty full, and a tiny piece of chocolate cake, no frosting. Did I stuff myself silly? Nope, and I'm really happy about that. Before I started this I would easily have had 3 fajitas that were loaded with cheese and sour cream, and I didn't do that.

Aud - What do you make that you want us to buy? Sorry if you've already said, but I don't know.

JasonsLea - Wow, you're an inspiration on the weight loss! Hope your moving preparations are going smoothly.

Lumifan - I hope you're not beating yourself up. Maybe you were just subconsciously storing up calories in expectation of a lean weekend?

HT - How are you feeling?

Clykk - Don't get discouraged. You sound like you're gaining some self-awareness, which is an important battle on its own. Let us know how we can help.

I weighed yesterday before dinner (I don't have a scale and can only do it at my friend's place). I'm down a pound, but it's a little annoying that I've been working out and adjusting my diet consistently for about 6 weeks now and there's only a 3 pound loss. The positives are my energy is great, my clothes are looser, and I do feel more fit. So I'm going to keep plugging away, and try and keep a closer eye on my food.

Today's WEED -
W - 3L - Saturday, close to a bathroom all day, I can do it.
E - Cardio and strength DVD
E - OP, watch all calories
D - One day at a time, for real!

Have a good day everyone!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Music- WTG on the weight loss and the meds!

Aud- I like your "D" for the day. Congrats on no stress eating!

JasonLea & JenMusic- Congrats on the losses!

Clykk- be kind to yourself. You're right about responding habitually to triggers. I think that's true whether it's eating, anger, etc. It's changing the habits that challenge me!

Weigh in this morning showed I'm down nearly #3.5. That has me a little concerned because I didn't feel like I was on plan this week at all- no exercise, didn't always get the water in, and ate like crap. I'm wondering if my scales are working right. The week before I lost over #2 and that seemed right because of exercising so much. I have always been a slow loser. My second concern is that some day I'm going to have a huge gain. Any thoughts?
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #52  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Weekend WEED'ers!

Does anyone know if this coming week is the last week of our Pre-Christmas Challenge? Just curious - not to mention too lazy to look up!

Shout Out to grazer & jen - have so enjoyed "meeting" you two and your Posts in this latest round of WEED!

I'm off to the Y . . . later than I planned . . . ended up taking a sleeping pill around 4am and still groggy but at least well rested!

Hitting the WEED first:

W: Weekend Water Works!

E: Plan to be super endorphinized from a great work out!

E: Staying OP

D: Concentrating on how good I feel from being self disciplined and also gotta shout out: GO TIGERS - DIE SOONERS DIE!!!!!!

Last edited by aud; 12-01-2007 at 01:45 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #53  
Living Light

aud - The challenge goes until Monday, December 17th. Now off to the Y you go, girl!! Shoo!!!

Grazer - Congrats on the weight loss! : I say, take what you can and just keep going. The body has its own rhythm, don't you think? Sometimes it holds on to fat when we are not feeding it fat and sometimes it lets some go when it thinks it is not in trouble. How do your clothes feel? That's always a good indicator of how things really are going.

JenMusic - No small victory there, Jen, in not habitually overeating! Good on ya! Don't you just hate how fixated we get on what the scale is showing us when there is ample evidence that we are clearly more fit? Maybe I should speak for myself here, but I think I picked up on your frustration with the seeming small amount of weight lost. I wish we could see inside of our bodies and see the fat reducing and the muscles firming up, but for now we just have to look at all the many factors that let us know something is changing in the right direction. For me, I have been contemplating buying new pants because I definitely have reduced my waist line.

JasonsLea - Congrats on the weights loss and joining WW!

lumifan4ever - I want to know your story. Has it always been fairly easy for you to be as disciplined about your food intake as you seem to be? Do you have any suggestions how to keep OP eating in check? It's not often I hear you over eating. I know it happened just recently, but it's not a very common thing for you, is it?

Holyteror - Be kind to yourself today!!

musictchr - What a GREAT NSV!! You rock!!!

mothermavis - I'm glad to hear your FIL is where he wants to be. Sometimes old age can really suck!! How did your DS wrestling meet go?

jcatron243 - Do you eat a lot of Craisins? They're pretty fatting aren't they? Must be hard to resist! Or are you sick of them?

NurseMichelle - A shout out to our fearless leader! Yeh, therapy is an emotional rollercoaster, but the rewards of all that examination are huge! I'm a therapy cheerleader too!

Me WEED:

W - 64 oz
E - 22 points
E - Weights
D - Keep pluggin'!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #54  
aud
lc lifestyle

Ahhhhhh . . . late nite WEED - all to myself by the looks of it . . . *tiptoeing thru Thread*

Hey, Can I ditto all of clykkie's personals?

TIA!

ITA with all clykk-comments & wishes & observations and yes, I shoo'ed my butt to the Y!

Super Great Work-Out - then Swim & Sauna . . . "quality time" with dh & youngest dd Tessie. The we stopped & got the most beautiful tree for $25.00 (in a hardware store parking lot we go to every year) - house already smells faboo & Christmasy . . . only downer was My Tigers gettin' plum STOMPED by those Sooners!

Glugging down the rest of my last 44 o'zer - busy day tomorrow - ttyal!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #55  
aud
lc lifestyle

aww, just hate when our WEEDy Thread falls to the bottom of the page.

Just checking in b4 yes, clykk, shoo'ing myself back to the Y!

W: check

E: check

E: check

D: Inspired by the Advent service this morning - thinking I can alternate taking it one day at a time/one moment at a time to actually having a CHANGE in my age old negative habits.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #56  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. The board looked pretty quiet. How is everyone doing?

Thanks for the words of affirmation everyone. Clykk - I so agree. It would be wonderful if we could see inside our bodies and know all the tiny improvements that add up over time to mean that we're fit. That's really my goal. I want to be fit, and if that means I'm still "overweight" and not wearing size 6's, that's OK. But I want to be healthy and feel strong! And I can do it!

Aud - WTG for getting to the gym! Ah, a real Christmas tree! Growing up my family never had a real tree because my sister was allergic, which is ironic because my great uncle and aunt own a Christmas tree farm. Here is China I have tiny table-top tree, but that's all I have room for.

Grazer - Congrats on the loss, but I understand your concern. No amazingly great wisdom to offer, but could any of it be water weight loss? Or, were you at a plateau for a while and then it all came off at once? Or, have you found the miracle diet that lets you eat like crap and lose 3.5 lbs. a week? No, seriously, let us know what happens this week. Just get back OP and move on from here.

It's already Monday here (I didn't start a new thread because I know I'm the only one whose week is already over). Today's WEED:
W - 2.5L
E - Cardio, hit it hard! Also, as much as I hate it, I need to do some ab work today. I hate abs.
E - Healthy, clean, and aware of calories and portions.
D - Lesson plan, grade quizzes, and get grocery shopping done!

Have a great day all!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #57  
Living Light

Cool Still eating off plan!

Quel surprise!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, just started our new thread week, hope no one minds! See ya over there.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #59  
aud
lc lifestyle

We're here now WEED'ies - c'mon over!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128201