Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs up From Hummers To Hummingbirds

Thank you Heather & Jolly Molly for the congrats & cheers. It feels good to be "cheered on". I just finished with my 30 min. of laps in the pool. I'll probably swim later tonite for another 30 min. to burn more calories! I had a few crazy moments today trying to stay away from the "naughty" food. I did pretty good and only had a bite of it. I'm finding out when I get this urge, I just leave the kitchen and keep busy with chores around the house. Once I'm busy doing something, I forget all about those hunger pangs! Haddock Teacher: I'm going to try & copy & paste the questionaire, so hopefully I can figure it out! C-U later!

231/223/140
10# 6 week challenge (2# to go!)
30 min. exercise challenge p/day
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

First name (if you want to tell):
Meaning of user name: Molly is a German slang word for a fat chick
Geographical location: Switzerland
Marital Status: married
Children/Ages: dd 13, ds 6
Pets: one dog, a Tibetan Terrier
Hobbies/Interests: reading, walking, cooking
Eye/Hair Color: blond/ brown
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 293/285.5/150
Problem: cookies, chips, chocolate
Plan/Way of Eating: Eat less and eat better-- more fresh veggies and fruit, more wholegrains, more water
Favorite exercise: swimming
Favorite movies: Something About Mary, Gone with the Wind
Favorite People (dead and living): my family and friends
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #33  

Location: Teeeeeeeeeeeeeny, tinnnnnnnnnnny "town" in Middle Georgia

Wow Molly is from Switzerland? Really or... really!?!?!? How cool is that! We just have a plethora of accents here!
HaddockTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #34  

Default FROM HUMMERS TO HUMMINGBIRDS (Questionaire)

First Name: Jackie
Meaning of User Name: I used to have a lot of freckles when I was a kid and this is how my friends liked to describe me years ago.
Geographical Location: Wisconsin
Marital Status: Married almost 23 years (June 23rd)
Children/Ages: Son-Kevin 18 years Daughter-Kate 13 years
Pets: 4 Cats Klarabelle-12 yrs Mama-7 yrs Annabelle-5 years Misty-4 years
One Goldfish: Roxie 1 year
Hobbies/Interests: spending time with my kids, sewing, reading & watching HGTV
Height: 5'5"
Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown
Starting Weight/Current Weight/Goal Weight: 231/222/140
Problem: Dairy Queen & Culver's! (Blizzards & Turtle Sundaes)
Plan/Way of Eating: Low-Fat, Lowering my bad carbs, More Whole Foods
Favorite Exercise: Swimming & Walking
Favorite Movies: Pretty Woman, An Officer and a Gentleman, Two Weeks Notice & Lot's of others. I like Romance & Comedy
Favorite Books/Plays: Chicken Soup for the Soul Series & Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Music: Light & Contemporary, 70's/80's & Pop Rock
Favorite Quotes: (Bible Verse) This is the day which the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!
Favorite People: My kids, My Mom, DH, & lots of close friends & relatives.
People I can't stand: One's that are constantly criticizing or comparing themselves/kids to others, my brother's wife & all other evil people!
Places You've Been: Wisconsin, Hawaii, Canada, California, Florida, Nashville
Places You Want to Visit: Germany, Florida with my DD, New York State, Mexico, Alaska & too many other places list!
Pivot Questions:
01.) What is your favorite word? Hmmnn.... Awesome?
02.) What is your least favorite word? c**t (Womans body part) :
03.) What turns you on creativly, Spiritually or emotionally? Laughter!
04.) What turns you off? Criticism
05.) What is your favorite curse word? s**t
06.) What sound or noise do you love? A Music Box
07.) What sound or noise do you hate? Our Neighbors Rooster-Never's Quiet!
08.) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Tour Guide
09.) What profession would you not like to do? Sanitation Worker
10.) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You've been a pretty good girl, Welcome to Heaven & here's your Mom! (All done!)

Last edited by Freckles; 06-21-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Finishing Questionaire
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Haddock Teacher: I'm actually from Arkansas, but I live in Switzerland now. So my accent is probably a bit like yours. Personally, I think the deep south accents are much more charming than the mid-south ones like I have. Plus, ya'll have boiled peanuts-- love me some boiled peanuts!

Jackie: I love your favorite quote. That's a great sentiment to keep in mind. Now that hymn is going through my head, "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made..." Thanks for the reminder.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I've stayed pretty much on plan so far today other than a run in with half of a chocolate Easter bunny. He was dark chocolate and rather small, so even that wasn't too damaging I hope. Dark chocolate is healthy, right?
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #36  

Jolly Molly: Are you done with the other 1/2 of the Chocolate Bunny? If not-I think I know of a way to make you NOT want to eat it if it isn't frozen! Chocolate gets bugs in it really fast, sometimes they're so small that you can't see them, at least they add some extra protein to the bunny! I'm sorry to gross you out, but I was in the middle of eating a candy bar once & it was loaded with bugs inside. I'm very careful after that! When you mentioned the Choc. Bunny, I thought of this right away!
On another subject, I'm glad that you enjoyed my bible verse. Want to know how it became my favorite verse? If not, I'll tell you anyways! One Sunday morning my family & I decided not to go to church. I had PMS really bad & of all days, my family wanted me to make them a big breakfast. So, here I was in the kitchen, getting their breakfast prepared, while I was cussing up a storm. I reached in to get an egg out of the carton, the egg was stuck, so I lost my grip and the entire carton of eggs landed on the floor. By this time I was furious and I was really cussing up a storm. All of a sudden I went from cussing to laughing hysterically. My family looked at me like I totally lost it! What happened was I opened the carton & not one of the eggs were broken & inside the lid was this verse: This is the day which the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it! Since then, this has been my favorite verse. One last thing & then I have to go- I lost another pound!

231/222/140 One more # to go to reach my first 10# goal!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-21-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #37  

Location: Teeeeeeeeeeeeeny, tinnnnnnnnnnny "town" in Middle Georgia

How cool Molly! Yes we DO have boiled peanuts! My DD LOVES them, they rank right up there with icy cold watermelon on her list of things that God blessed the South with! We also have great peaches and the absolute bestest onions in the WORLD! Vidalia's of course! Isn't it funny how we don't "think" we have an accent until we go somewhere else OR like happened to me, we hear ourselves on the RADIO! <my thought "OMG what a HICK that can't be ME! like molasses are my words> anyway! I love to hear southern accents too, it's really funny living in Georgia and knowing someone is from say... south ga or north ga from their accents but knowing they ARE from here Easter bunny huh? <cringe> I have to tell you I've had the "Freckles experience" with candy bars too. Happened to me with a Reece Cup once and a Butterfinger another time... gawd I LOVED Reece cups up until then... made me not eat one for a LONG LONG time.

Freckles, I LOVED your story about the bible verse, isn't it funny how things like that happen to us!

Have a great day guys! I feel like I'm monopolizing the board but hey.... like my mama always told me... Lord Girl you sure do LOVE to talk
HaddockTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #38  

Default From Hummers To Hummingbirds

Heather: You don't have to worry much about talking too much with me around! I probably could out do you! I do envy you living in the Vadalia Onion State! I usually can't find any to buy after mid-August here in WI. I'm thinking about freezing some. I just love them! Do you have them year-round down by you? On another subject: I have a very strong Northern accent. I've got a real "nasal" accent. When I was in H.S. I went on our Senior trip to Washington D.C. & New York City. We were all on the elevator and of course I can't even shut up on an elevator and all of a sudden this gal starts laughing at me & said that I must be from WI. I said: "How did YOU know?" She said: "From that NASAL accent of yours!" Well, one last thing & then I'm going to sign off. It's Friday again and normally on Friday's we order out for the good old fashioned WI Fish Fry's. This week was different b/c my dh's car broke down coming home from the airport. I had to go rescue him, so it was a bit late to get the dinners, so we settled for a Cod Sandwich. I nornally order BAKED Cod, but this time the drive-thru only had fried, so I blew my day on a "naughty" choice! It was good, but didn't agree with my digestive tract later on! Then, to top things off, I didn't swim today b/c it was too cold! I guess I'll really have to be good over the weekend to make up for my bad choices & neglect. I'm getting tired, so I'm going to go now. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-23-2007 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Typo!