Old 05-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

omg i totally overate today, i went to badminton horse trials and kinda got tempted by the free samples (which consisted of cheese,pickle,wine,chocolate,more cheese,bread,crisps,curry i really could go on forever) im hoping that walking around the cross country course would've burnt a few of those cals off (although i did stop at every jump - the horses look so pretty!) i would've run but i was with mum and mark and wanted to spend time with them hope everyone else had a good saturday. ta-ra
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #77  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Afternoon everyone! Sorry I don't have time for personals but I hope everyone is doing good and welcome to all the newbies!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #78  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

thanks guys, i got some exercise today, I did some walking, bike riding, and swimming laps. I feel good and I was drinking lots of water today. Im loving that scale going down, I check my weight every daturday morning and if I make a day like this everyday, than Im def. going to lose. Good luck to all of the losers!!!
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #79  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I decided to set a exercise goal for the month. 1000 minutes isn't much but it's a start. I need to get off my lazy butt.

Rant:
Pissed off at Alabama food stamps people. They print an article in the newspaper about wanting more people to apply for food stamps yet I apply, someone who DESPERATELY needs them, and I get declined because I'm not 22 yet and have no kids?! Well excuse me! So sorry I'm not popping out kids like everyone my age or younger, I'm so stupid. They said that until I turn 22, I would have to have the card in my mama's name but she makes WAY too much money to get food stamps so I am royally screwed. Dammit to ****! I am poor. Seriously. I barely make enough to cover my rent, that's why I'm looking for a second job. Imbeciles!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #80  

goodmorning ladies

Hope your all having a nice weekend. Congratulations to those of you who weighed-in and had a loss, etc. I had a nice day yesterday, went for a brisk approx. 4 mile walk and it felt great. THe temp. was perfect for it (high 60's), it was a very pleasant sunny day. Today , it's a bit on the cool side and I have many indoor and outdoor projects to do. We are due for several days of warm weather next week (80's) so I want to get some things done before then. I am so excited, I planned a beach day for tuesday! Going to go for a looooooong beach walk and catch some rays. I cooked on the grill last night and had ex. lean beef again (2x this week) which surpassed my typical 1x per week. I really enjoyed it, though my tummy feels a bit heavy this morning. Tonight is fish night and I decided on cooking a large pan and having it Monday night too, getting ready for that beach day! lol

Greeneyez, congrats on your new bike, it's very pretty! HOw was your group ride? I was up in concord one year and bikers passed through town from the laconia bikers weekend. wow! It's a huge gathering and I beleive they have the laconia weekend gathering every year. That's great that you did 2 30 minute walks and enjoyed it too. I am sure that helped burn some of those cals off, good job.

Jellybeanz, yowsa girl! I hope your feeling better. Anytime you find yourself sore like that, take the next day off! or even 2 days if you need too. I am sure you know that though, sounds like you got a nasty pull and hope your feeling better. Thank goodness another doc saw Josh and caught the problem. Jellybeanz, congrats on the 235 : )

giovanni, congratulations on the loss and your exercise, etc. keep up the good work : )

Lehika, I know what you mean about the alcohol being a trigger, good for you for giving it up! Funny you should mention the scale, lol. I have done that too, had dh hide it in the beginning so I wouldn't be tempted to go on it more than 1x a week. One time, I went looking all over for it! hahaha Good luck with your weigh in on Tuesday.

beautiful4me, congratulationssss on acheiving your 1000 minute exercise goal! Be proud girl, that is a great achievement, bravo! Congrats also on the 2lb and though I know you would of liked for it to be more, I agree that your putting on lean tissue. With the consistency last month with your exercise and the amount you did, you surely did put on some lean mass and that helps to burn the fat. I think your doing awesome, keep at it With the exercise, along with diligence to food plan, that scale will surely move for you and as Nosnah said, your accomplishment is more imp. than what the scale said. You did great

Nosnah, I am happy that your leg is okay now and your doing the yoga. I think that's cool how they are doing the sticker thing! Sounds like fun

mascara, sounds like you did a lot of walking around and I am sure that helped. Sounds like you had a nice day : ) , do you ride?

JasonsLea, I think it's super that you set an exercise goal and I would not say that 1000 minutes is not a lot. That is actually quite a start and takes the consistency of approx. 4 hrs. per week in a 4 week time frame. I started at about that rate, I wanted to push myself enough so that I would get into it and I mostly walked when first started as well as some other routines which I have gradually increased along the way. Anyways, that is super, go for it! I am not familiar with the Alabama laws or your local resources but maybe there are some other types of resources in your area that you may be eligible for....for example, help with heating or electric, etc. Perhaps someone can help you look into some other resources, good luck with it.

Well ladies, I better get my tail moving. Have a beautiful day girls, it's a new day, let's make it a good one. Good luck to those of you who weighed in today and also to those of you weighing in tomorrow. We are already almost at the 1 week point , let's keep it going. : )
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #81  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Well not an ounce of weight loss for me this week. I partied pretty hard and drank a little much over the weekend though..celebrating school being out and all I think I am going to weigh in again Tuesday to see if I am back on track.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #82  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I am being visited by TOM this weekend and caved into my craving for hamburger. We grilled this afternoon and I ate one and a half hamburgers. They were amazing and after three weeks of being really rigid about my calorie intake, it was just glorious eating and really enjoying the food rather than mindlessly chewing cud.

Still, I was planning on taking it easy today and not exercising at all but now that I've injested mega calories, I am going to get on that treadmill and walk WALK WALK!

I'm trying to take it a little easy because my knees have been aching.

Weigh in on Tuesday! I keep telling myself that it's really only one more day remaining of not weighing myself...and then hopefully the readout will reflect all the work I've put in.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

had a good diet day today, breakfast was special k, lunch a tomato and cucumber roll, and dinner a jacket potato with salad and low cal cheese. going shopping tomorrow and am going to have to resist a rocotillos milkshake, thinking maybe the clothes in shrinking violet will keep me motivated.
Oh and fullsteamahead: i used to ride but the stables i used closed down and there weren't any other good local ones.
weigh in on tuesday hopefully won't be a complete disaster

Last edited by mascara; 05-07-2007 at 02:54 AM.
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I'm down 2 pounds this week.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #85  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Talking

hey guys, the sun is shining here today, and I'm feeling better. I'm going to the gym tonight, only going to do the bikes, staying away from anything that makes me work my back/shoulder muscles!!! I got on the scale this morning, it says 233# woohooo However since my weigh in days are saturday I cant count it yet. Im surprised at it because i havent been working out, however I've been cleaning the house and looking after two kids, and I've been watching what I eat. Have a great day ladies. We pick the trailer up this weekend, so camping season starts next weekend!! Cant wait. Im planning out my meals so that i dont blow it when we are camping.. (has anyone heard of marshmallows that are healthy??!! ) didnt think so..
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default hey ladies.

my weigh in 180.4. ugh! I went up. I had my first eating out of my environment and i blew it big time. I had to work at my pizza shop on friday and it just went down hill from there, saturday and sunday brought social situations. Add some stress due to fighting with both my dh and my best friend....and well, there you have it...my 2lb gain. ugh! ok, it's monday. I'm home in my controlled environment, got up and exercised, drank some water and am determined to be in control this week.
hugs and congrats to you who lost! let's kick it in gear the rest of us!!!
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #87  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the losses! it's very encouraging to hear!

ok, i need to do my little 5 second vent (well it may be longer or shorter depending on how fast you can read... but i think you get the point)

so, i have been so stressed lately cause of trying to arrange this whole moving to tulsa at the last minute thing... and it has really made me not care about eating healthy... like i'm saying, i don't care i can't do it right now there's too much else going on too much else to worry about... but then i stop myself and think, when is it ever a good time? when is life just perfect and all you have to worry about is a healthy diet... um, never... if it was like that no one would ever have weight issues...

so that's my little internal struggle, i know i shouldn't let this get to me and i should keep on trucking, but it's hard to make myself care.
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #88  

Height: 6.0"

Hello to Everyone New or Old!!!!!!!

Just wanted to check in real quick since I did not post for the month of May yet.Nice to see how involved Everyone is again,May just started and we are already on Page six ;that is Kick A**.....I started the first few Days a little rocky ,but that's ok because I am going to kick some butt this month lol...My Goal is ten pounds for the month and I am only weighing myself on the 15th and the 31st and not to much focus on the loss. I rather focus on the things I am doing ,like eating healthy ,working out, drinking lots of water etc. That's it for me today ...Hope Evryone has a nice Day...It is Beautiful in Tampa FL today
sunnshine25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #89  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hi guys! Happy Monday!
I did wind up doing two miles and some change early evening and I felt really good about it. Plus, my knees are much better now and I think no more running outside for me. I'm only going to be able to manage a brisk walk because my knees just throbbed all day yesterday.

I put in about 4.5 miles on the treadmill this morning and am eating pretty healthy thus far.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm way nervous. I have been really watching my caloric intake and have been exersicing with gusto so I think the results should be evident on the scale but...a little part of me is thinking, omg what if there is like NO result on the readout?

Anyway....that's all from my little neck of the earth.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #90  

Good afternoon ladies , it is so nice to come in and read your posts

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Congratulations on the losses and maintenance girls. I am down 1, maybe a little more. I was hoping for more but I'll take it. At least the scale is still moving for me but I am beginning to feel a bit impatient again and am going to try harder to get it down more this week, warm weather is on the way and soon here to stay! I am ready for a new week ladies. I have to be really strict now because as summer progressess I do go out more, etc. though I am also much more active.

sockmonkey, it's good that you maintained and can just move on from here. Is school out for the semester, or the summer rather? Congratulations : ) By the way, you look super! : ) keep on truckin girl.

Lehika, I have a thing for burgers on the grill too! I have a 1x week beef rule and I had it 2x this past week. I am going to have to start preparing the chicken in advance, I like it marinated over night or at least for several hours prior to cooking it on the grill. I am going to have to make sure I do that in advance and plan it. I am glad that your knees are feeling better today. Good for you doing that walk after, I can see it turned you around and you felt much better after. Walking helps me so much that way. Lehika, that is awesome that you did 4.5 miles on the treadmill! your kicking butt, good work. As for your feelings regarding weigh-ins, I often feel that way too before weigh-ins. Sometimes I get nervous from 2 days before! lol Sounds like your doing very well, good luck tomorrow. Keep up the great work : )

Hi mascara, hope you had a nice time shopping. I like special k too, it's about the only cereal I occassionally eat. I tried kashi for the protein and fiber but didn't get into it. Good luck tomorrow : )

Steph, congratulationssss Your doing super!

jellybeanzzzzzz, hey you! : ) I am so glad that your feeling better. Congratulations on the loss! way to go! Alsooooooo, congrats on picking up the new trailor this weekend! That's exciting, and you know, roasting marshmallows sounds absolutely great!!!!!! : ) I havn't done that in so long. We used to go in the woods and light campfires, that was a long time ago and a lot of us did that back then but nowadays it isn't as legal to do that. We weren't at a campsite, just the woods! lol When are you planning to go camping?

tracyg, I would be in big trouble if I worked at a pizza place! Despite the gain and sidetrack it sounds like you got right back to it and h ad your water and exercise and are determined and ready to kick butt! I think that is great!!!! right on! we start a new week, time to focus on our new day. right back at you girl! : )

nosnah, I love the way you write. You remind me so much of a freind of mine. TY for sharing your introspection with us. What you said makes a lot of sense, sooooo true, yet I also feel that when certain things come our way (and as you say, part of life, it's inevitable) it really can make it much more difficult to focus. You did get a lot thrown on you abruptly and I can see that a lot of energy is needing to go into the details of your move, etc. One step at a time girl, I would get overwhelmed if I thought of everything I had to do but then again, it needs to be done. Make a list and nail it one step a time. I am sure I don't need to tell you that, sounds like you have done this a few times and you could probably teach ME the ins and outs. Kid, I can tell your a mover and shaker, you will get it done. As for not caring right now, etc. , I think it's natural that a lot of your focus and energy is going into the move and sometimes we just need a break. Honestly though, you have done so well and I think it would be upsetting if you gained it back so maybe for now with all this stuff going on, you could maybe do a middle ground sort of thing? i.e, like maintaining for now, and maintaining is work too. I think its great your doing yoga again, that will help releive some of the stress. Hang in there kiddo, it will all come together

Hi sunshine, way to go with your determination and focusing on the positive things right now : ) I love hearing these things, it's a reminder to us all and I find it inspiring. You ladies rock!!!!

Well, I have to move my tail. COming in here and reading how well everyone is doing and the determination etc. made my day! I just love being here and reading all your news, etc. Have a great and successful day everyone, and let's kick some butt!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote