Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was pretty good. I did cheat a little and ate 4 mini chocolate bars. They are all gone now so that's a good thing. Today is going to good too. I'm going to clean out the refrigerator and throw the veggies that didn't make it out and see what leftovers got pushed to the back and long forgotten. I need to see what's left and what I need to get to make it through the rest of the week.

I will do Bhangra Dance with FitTV this morning and then walk on the treadmill this evening. I'm thinking about getting the WATP and doing them on the days that FitTV has on an exercise program I don't like. I read on another thread that they has a bundle of 2 or 4 tapes for $15 at WalMart. I'll have to look for them the next time I'm there.

Jeni- Glad the weekend away helped your supervisor get a better attitude. Good luck planning your meals to take to work.

Shelby- I'm trying to be a better eater that's for sure. I had to laugh when I read your question about my hubby's eating habits. He has high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I'm trying to get him to eat better. If the bad foods are in the house he will eat them. He has to have some form of meat at every meal except breakfast. He will usually grab a pack of cookies from the venting machine at work. He's not fat, just a little chunky. He weighs 184 and is 5'8". He's been going to tai chi and kung fu classes and now that golf season is underway he will be playing at least once a week. Plus he's getting back into dirt bike riding. We are both works in progress.

W- 3-4 bottles. I've been getting better at this one.
E- FitTV and treadmill
E- We will probably have tilapia with veggies or ww pasta today
D- Clean out the frig and make it all organized so I can find what I'm looking for.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Thanks Paula! I appreciate that. My meal plans will work out, I have been told to overpack, but I don't want to over eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone has a happy healthy day.

W 80
e??? hopefully 30 min
e1400 cals
d get my WEE in.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #18  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,
Quic post today. The kids are watching Happy Feet and i need to hop in the shower. Things are starting to look up here. My DS is sounding much better. Still has the cough, but not as bad as last week. I need to get to the store though, so that will be his first outing in almost a week.
I borrowed some old Tae-bo tapes from a friend and did that this morning along with the walk and jog WATP. I really like that one becase the pace is pretty fast and you have the option of walking or jogging. I mostly walked this morning because I'd already done the Taebo, but I jogged last night. I've been getting in about 60 minutes of cardio a day. I think I am going to get some weights this weekend and start a little bit of conditioning.
Yesterday in my efforts to sanitize the house, I pulled all of the sheets. After i did my workout, I was brought the clean ones up to make the bed and to my surprise, my DH had already made it for me. I was SHOCKED! My aunt said he wants you to lose weight so bad, he made up the bed. Just think of what he'll do when you get to goal. He told her she didn't want to know . At any rate. I'll check back in later.

W-64 oz
E-Did it - 2mile WATP walk and jog; basic taebo
E-Lots of veggies, need more of these in my life. I checked out the sonoma cookbook from the library and LOVE IT! So many great recipes.
D-Finish sanitizing and get some bills paid.
Have a great say everyone
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Hey everyone. Just dropping in to say that I can't participate in this challenge anymore. I'm still going to try to lose 5 pounds by Mother's Day, and I'm going to keep my ticker. But I just can't keep up with everyone right now. I can't seem to get online for more than 5 minutes at a time, and most days I don't get on at all. When I do get online I don't have the time to come to 3FC...it's mainly to do homework. I may pop in to "lurk" and see how everyone is doing. Hopefully if you girls get another challenge going after this one I'll be able to join in again. But until then, I need to concentrate on school. Good luck to everyone on the rest of the challenge!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #20  

LaBonita -- Completely understand, but pop in once in a while and let us know how you are doing if you can. Good luck with school!!!

WEED for tomorrow --
W -- Lots of it
E -- Didn't make it to the gym today (preschool crisis!!), tomorrow -- 12 minutes on stair climber, 20 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes elliptical and as much track walking as I can stand.
E -- Time to "fine tune" everything now that I'm back on track.
D -- Would love to have the time to catch up on my work.

Last edited by shelby897; 04-17-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot my WEED!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #21  

Lovemacon -- On the topic of your husband making the beds -- do you (or anyone else) notice they are nicer when you are trying to lose weight than when you were out of control. Sad but true, my marriage definitely suffers when I'm binging and not exercising. But I kind of think it's more because I'm grumpy and depressed then as opposed to the weight. I was about 100 lbs lighter when I got married and I admit if my husband had gained the 100 lbs I would feel different too. And, have you watched Happy Feet yourself? It's just one of those kids movies I really didn't like but they loved -- it made for a long time at the movie theatre for me And, I guess I'm full of questions today -- What is your opinion of Taebo? I want to get some videos for home and was curious about these. I just want to find something I can do alot and not get bored with.

Jeni -- Why not pack things you like but don't love for snacks? You know, something you don't mind eating if you are hungry but would be no means over eat on?

You know, I jumped in I think the second week of the thread -- if there a specific Mother's Day goal or everyone has their own? I guess I should go back and read up when I get a chance.

Have a great day everybody!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #22  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi alll. I just got back from my walk. Its a bit chilly but at least the rain hasnt started yet. I'm fighting a headache still this morning and was hoping the waslk might clear it. I dont think it helped but at least I got out for a bit.

I dont have much planned for today. I need to choose what I'll work on in painting class tomorrow so I'll be looking for inspiration today. I have choir tonight. Only 2 more rehearsals til we break for the summer. Then I'll have softball games on Wednesdays. I cant wait to get out on the field.

LaBonita-I hope your semester ends well for you. Send us a quick note when "lurking" just to say hi.

Love-Woohoo for being suprised by a wonderfully helpful act by your DH.

Shelby-Hope the preschool crisis is resolved and you get your gym time. I'm right back on track from my weekend. Most of the time I can just jump back in, but I had trouble last week.

Paula-Glad the mini chocolates are gone. I love hearing what you'll be doing on FitTV. You have such a diverse workout program. I hope you find the WATP package your looking for.

Jeni-Glad your supervisor "made up" with everyone. I dont think you should be feeling bad about being away from the gym for the month. You've been super active on your job and I'm sure those tasks have served well as your workouts.

Suz-I'm so jealous of your glamourous fun. Movie star, band member. It all sounds so exciting. Its nice to see someone embracing life so fully.

Robin-I have no doubt that you'll find a way to do something with all the knowledge and experience you've gained in your body's makeover.

Have a great day everyone.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Today is going to be a chllenge for me. Our Red Hat group is going out for dinner. The spicals are Hungarian Foods. I haven't been to this restaurant before, but I saw an ad for it in the newspaper. I think I'll order the cabbage rolls and bring half of the dinner home. We usually order dessert at these dinners so I'll have to see it there's anything on the menu that isn't too bad. I just might have to forfeit the diet and get something good. We will see.

I haven't seen any change in the scale. I think I need to eat more. I'm not getting the snacks in like I should. I'm going to try harder to eat every 3 hours.

I'm going to Walmart this morning to get some fabric for some pioneer dresses that I have special orders for. While I'm there I'm going to check out their exercise videos. I need something to do on the days like today when they have programs on FitTV that I don't like to do.

Love- Look out when you get to goal. I hope you have your birth control ready! LOL

LaBonita- Pop in when your's lurking and let us know how you are doing. Good Luck with the rest of the school year and your exams.

Shelby- We all picked our own weight loss goal for this challenge. I'm hoping to lose 5 pounds. If I don't quit fighting the same 1-2 pounds I just might make it.

Brandy- Our weather is suppose to start getting nicer over the next couple days. I just might get to get outside to walk again. You stay so busy and active. I hope your headache feels better.

W- 3-4 bottles
E- walk 30 minutes
E- stay on program until dinner and then try and make good choices.
D- Enjoy my night out and try and stay away from the yummy desserts.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #24  
a new me

Hi all you chicks. So I did the extremly long post this morning and poof it was gone. So here's my second go at it. Since then, the kids and I went on a walk. It was pretty nice, a little breezy, but nice. Aside from them fussing, I think they enjoyed it as well. My DD asked if "it was gonna take for a long time." It took about an hour. Pushing that stroller was a lot of work. Between the two of them, it was about 60 lbs. So I got a good workout in today. If the weather is good tomorrow we'll try it again. Oh yeah...check out my ticker...I'm down 26lbs. WHOOOO!

Shelby-As for my DH, I know he responds differently when I am taking care of me, as I tooact differently when I am taking care of me. I am much happier and more confident. I've even got a different "swagger". I just feel great. As for the Tae bo. I used to do them years ago, but incorporated them now to change things up a bit. He's a little wild for me, but I know that I'll get a good sweat in. For me, I really enjoy the Walk Away the Pounds videos best. I don't seem to get bored with those. And there are so many. I just check them out from the library. My current fave is the 2.5 mile walk and jog.

Speaking of which-Paula-If you have a good library I'd try there first, then I'd buy them. So far Wal-mart does have the best variety. Target didn't have much at all. Or you may try ebay, which I plan to do. There is a thread on them under the exercise catagory. Those ladies really know their stuff.

Michelle- Where are you? Hopefully not at Chipotle. You're probably trying to get some rest. You did inspire me though. I put some undies on my DS yesterday after you said Rachel was PT. He was so much more interested in pushing the potty from room to room than sitting on it, but alas he used it when I turned my back. My DD and I were more excited than he was. Today he was back in diapers, as I am being lazy. I figure once he turns two I will be more consistent. We're just introducing the potty right now.

Suz-How are things with you? What kind of music does your band sing? Any exciting plans for your b-day. I say go shopping for your new bod! How's the weather. Only one more day...hopefully. This has been one wild weather season.

Jeni-How are you hanging. Sounds like you are going to be buff for summer. My DS is doing much better. His chest still sounds a little rattly, and his nose won't stop running, but at least he isn't coughing as much nor is he throwing up any more. I not one to just hand out the meds, but that cough syrup was GREAT!

Robin-How are you? Havnen't seen much of you around here. I hope all is well. I am sure you are dancing around some where. I have a head of califlower in my fridge and I think about you everytime I look at it. I need to use it quick. Maybe tomorrow for lunch with my lentils.

Brandi-Good for you fighting the weather and a headache to get your exercise in. I've been looking for some "races" to train for in the fall. I found a site and will proabably start doing the training when the weather is a little nicer. I am such a weeny. If i want to get out with the kids, I need to be up when the DH getst up at 5, so that hasn't happened as of yet. Hope you feel better today.

HolyTerror- I am going to check the library for that cookbook. I love to get ideas from different ones. I am looking at the Sonoma diet cookbook right now. It has great pictures and some very healthy recipies. I am very visual, so it helps to see a pic of what I am trying to make. How's the gym coming along?

LaBonita-Hi if you are lurking...Hang in there, this is the last big push...Let us know how things turn out!

Jenyweeny-HI

Shari-Hi to you as well.
To anyone I missed

Weed is much of the same. I am pretty much sticking to plan, and dinner is leftovers, and I've done the exercise. Tomorrow DD has a field trip and we have to be at school at 8:30 am. She's a pm girl, so this is going to be rough on her. To bed early tonight. This afternoon we'll play outside...can you tell I am trying to wear them down.
Talk at you chicks later.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #25  
a new me

ok all, I was thinkin about my journey thus far, and had a question for you all. when you loose do you sometimes think, AH Ha, I can eat whatever? Since I have been losing thus far, I am also trying to remind myself that loss does not equal permission to eat like a mad woman. Usually that's what happens with me. I start loosing and think I can eat like I want...not so. I know I haven't conqured all of my food demons, but right now I feel like I've climed mt junk food without any missteps. Just a thought....
Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #26  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm another one that will be scarse until things get settled. My DH and I have separated and he has moved out. It was a mutual decision. Tonight will be the first night he won't be here. The kids are handling it pretty well. We haven't held anything back from them. We have been telling them things as they are happening(age appropriate, of course). They went to Steve's apartment and got to see their room. I think they are excited to be staying with him this weekend. He has agreed to taking them every weekend unless I have something going on(family, etc...).
I am still going to stay on track, although I haven't worked out any this week. My mind has been elsewhere. My eating today was bad. One bad day out of hundreds won't kill me.

In the midst of all this, I tried on my size 20 capris. The ones I bought as motivation. I was able to get them up, fastened and zipped. They were tight as all get out, but at least I know I am doing the right things.

I will pop in once in awhile and see how ya' all are doing.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #27  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

I've decided to take down my ticker thing. I was looking at it and getting really depressed and when I get depressed, I start eating and it snowballs from there. So my sig will be ticker-free until I start seeing some progress.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #28  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi ladies, just a quick check in. It's been a little crazy around here. And then I am headed to make me some dinner and yes lovemacon, it WILL include my beloved cauliflower. I usually have it for lunch, but switched it up today, so it's on the dinner menu. As for giving myself permission to eat because I've had a loss, with me it's USUALLY the opposit. Those losses really, really propel me to stay on plan. They give me strength that this is working and I get more gung ho. The slow weeks are a downer for me. Whatever. I wonder if people who have never struggled with their weight put so much darn thought into this stuff like I know I always do.

Shari, you've got to do whatever you think works best for you.

Jenyywenny, great going on getting the jeans up AND zipped. Woohoo!!!

Paula, I hope your dinner is going well and you were successful at Walmart.

Brandy, I hope your headache is gone. Softball sounds like a blast.

Shelby, I know for me it's me that has a different attitude. I am feeling lighter and sexier and hubby is definitely enjoying it. The things that this weight does to us is just amazing. I hope you will lighten up on yourself and try to make the best of every moment as you head towards your goals. I know it's not easy, but you deserve to be happy right NOW. As for goals, we've all set our own.

Labonita, I completely understand. Do pop in every now and then with a little update if you can. Good luck with EVERYthing.

Well I'm off to make me some cauliflower. I know I missed some, but this is the only page that showed up for me when I scrolled back. Hi Jeni and Suz and Michelle and the rest of the W.O.W. ladies. Have a good evening and a great tomorrow.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #29  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone, just checking in. I am so sorry I cant get to personals, I miss talking to you all and you are all inspirations to me! I cant wait until next week (I have a 3 day weekend, work Tuesday, then have WED and THurs off; ) Then I will be able to catch up with everyone AND my WORKOUTS!! Tonight I promised Makie that we would go to BUSYTOWN (the Y's nursery room) if she eats her dinner.

Busy day, busy night, busy morning. I hope to get back on before Saturday!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #30  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie* for some stupid reason this thing didn't update me and let me know there were posts. I need to workout today but so far so good guys, day 3 of eating ON PLAN. Yesterday I got up to workout, this morning I had issues and didn't get one in. so I may hit the gym after dinner. No idea what I'm having yet either.......

Looks like we're all doing well, hang in there and keep it up
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote