Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #136  

Wow Bobsgale...3.2 pounds in a week is mighty mighty!!! You inspire me!!! I love your goal.....I'm certain some "authorities" would say it's too high, but being overweight is too unhealthy, way too unhealthy.

Full Steam....I love your comments, thank you so much. I'm so glad you said that my weight should come off fast too (because I put it on in a heartbeat).

I can't run this back end of the week because I've got a cold that makes me drag my knuckles on the cement.....I feel so tired. I'm giving it another 2 days and then GONE GONE GONE!!!!!!

I love it here....it's good solid support.........Is there another site any of you recommend for reading??????

Ray of Light to you all!!!!
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #137  

hi there : )

bobsgallllll congratulations! ty for sharing and keep on truckin, you are doing so awesome! As ray said also, you an inspiraton! : )

Hi ray : ), I see your an avid poster! As for what the "authorities" say, by no means is it set in stone. It depends on so many factors, like current starting weight, how long on diet, etc. etc... TYpically, in the beginning, (and depending on many factors) weight-loss is highest and often exceeds that which is recommended. Heck, we'll take it! lol Hope your feeling better and that cold of yours goes pronto!

As for recommending another site, nope! not on my part. I feel that when I found this place, I found a pot of gold! I'm not kidding. I have never seen anything like it! There are so many thousands and thousands of members, yet these ladies who run the place are so proficient.........so professional and on top of things....it is so clean and trouble free! Honestly, I am amazed! For them to run this place in such a manner shows how much time and diligence they put into it! amazing! I agree, it's a great place of support, so much so that it can never be underestimated. Can you imagine how many lives have been saved due to this site? and I mean literally! I hope one day we can all collaborate and come up with a plan of sorts to reward them and thank them for all they have done and continue to do!!!

GOsh I am tired. My leg is better, thank god! I did sway from my plan this weekend though and am determined to not let it spiral. That's why I never get cocky when I am so utterly focused and strong, I know it can change on me and I have to be very careful and also have back up plans readily available. Yes yes, back up plans in place! lol Needless to say, I may just head north for a few days if they are not bombarded with snow. I am going to check the weather up there now. Call it a fruit fest and/or a change of routine, but I think it will be good for me. They have a pool up there and a jacuzzi, if the weather is okay, I can go for walks. Hmmmmm, I'll see what happens. Stay strong my freinds, tomorrow we start our fresh week! : ) If I disappear for a few days, you'll know why, FSA high tailed it out of here for a few days, lol........not yet though.....I look into planning now.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #138  
Soon to be SlimKitty

S/C/G: 195.5/189/150

Height: 5'8''

Default Sunday Check In

Hi everybody. Just doing a Sunday check in to say hi. I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I have done the solid two weeks of Phase one. I'm really hoping for a big weight loss in the a.m. If so, I may stay on the phase one for another week or so. The book says you can so we will see. If I don't see the weight loss I'm afraid I will be frustrated.

This past Friday and Saturday were very difficult for me and I started to question why I was even doing this. Friday was a company meeting and everyone else was eating sandwiches, pasta salad and cookies while I ate my grilled chicken and romain lettuce salad. And Saturday night my usually supportive bf started saying stuff like "why can't you have a glass of wine" "what are we going to have for dinner? I'm tired of the same old chicken and salad blah blah blah." Then he of course goes out and buys a six pack of beer. I was near tears (not to mention pms is here in full force). I got mad and smoked one of his cigarettes just to give myself something without calories (I quit about 15 years ago) but then he turned around somewhat and became more supportive through the weekend. I feel good that I resisted giving in to both difficult times

Full Steam I really hope you are not feeling so down anymore. You seem to be the strongest person on this thread I know you are going to bounce back and be fine. Whenever I start having a bad time like I was this weekend I try to think what I would tell someone that was in my position. You should make a list of all of your wonderful traits and a list of why you are trying to achieve your goal. I do that and it does help. I have actually stood in front of the mirror and made myself look myself in the eye and pay myself compliments. Surprisingly it feels weird at first but it does get easier. What happened to your ankle? I don't think I ever saw that you had an injury. How is your Pom doing? I don't think you ever told me his/her name.

Hi Ray of Light. Welcome to the team. I wish you luck and strength. This is a great thread.

Wish my luck tomorrow.
Hisskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #139  

kitty, you are so nice!!!! ty so much! ty for your kind and encouraging words, you have no idea how much that meant to me andhow much I needed that right now! ty, ty ty kitty Your one wonderful hiss kitty! : )

I don't k now what happened kitty, I was going full steam ahead and then bam. I really think it's the weather and storm and I know how silly that sounds but how much can I be cooped up in the house and watch t.v? I think I got bored kitty. I am doing everything in my power, everything!!!!!! My leg is okay now, that's a big help! Most certainly, mynot being able to walk at all didn't help. I broke my ankle 2 years ago (also broke same ankle 20 years ago) and have some mighty nasty osteoathritis (or so they say) in that leg due to the old injury. Sometimes, out of the blue, that ankle catches and I can't walk. I mean literally! I can't wear shoes, can't get out to no stores, can't clean, nothing!!!!!!!!!! THis was happening 10 years after the first break and prior to my last one. Now, it still resurfaces, but you know what? I notice that since I have been exercising (past few months) my ankle does not flare up as much and when it does, it only usually lasts a day and not up to aweek as before. WHen I had pain again starting the other day, I got upset........figured I would rest and be fine the next day. Next day, I still could not walk and so I became very frustrated . All of a sudden, that afternoon, bammmmmmm! I was walking again! thank god!!!!!

I went to the store that afternoon and bought the books and even a puzzle. I found this diet book called, "commandments of thin" or something like that? It has a 10 day turbo diet thing and it sounds good. Thinking to try it and it sound very similiar to the south beach in that is very low in the carb area. Kitty, you are doing so great!!!!!! Sometimes, I ask myself the same thing.....particularly the other day I found myself asking, god, why did i set my exercise goals so high, i cant walkkkkkkk! the list goes on! but you did so well in resisting that temptation and food in the office, be proud I think you handled it beauitifully and I admire you for your diligence You are doing so great and also inspiring me, maybe I will do the south beach too! : ) no haddock in site yet and I am tired of chicken too! I need a change of pace so was thikning to do this new diet thing I saw in the book (for one week). It lists several meal plans and you can c hoose a meal , it's all stuff I like and right up my alley, so I figure it's worth a whirl. Hmm, we'll see.

My pups name is "foxy" , she looks just like a fox! I am going to try once again to upload a pic here next time. TY for asking. Ty again sweet hiss kitty : ) and good luck tomorrow! Let's keep on fighting! Ohhh, I forgot about the cigarett thing, not another drag! not even one! ok? more on that another time, keep up the great work!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #140  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!

I am checking in to see how all is doing this month. Can you believe it is half over? Keep up the good work!

This past weekend, my friend invited me to do a 25K bike ride to support the research for Diabetes. I was nervous about being able to do it without killing myslef. I have done lots of these things without being ready for it. Actually, I did ok. I acutally had fun. My bike hasnt been ridden since 1996 and has some serious rusting. I did the 25K with 5 gears. The other 10 were rusted. So, my new hobbie is to ride my bike with my friend. So I have to get my bike tuned up. I am excited about my new hobby.

Still havent weighed in. The temptation is there! My clothes are fitting great. My face has changed, and I look 5 years younger. To remind everyone, I have been gaining muscle as fast al I am losing fat. So the scale doesnt move much. Cant wait 2 more weeks to see the results!
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 285/285/220

Height: 4foot 9inch.

I NEED HELP .......... I am 21 years old,,, 4'9", 285lbs,,,,,,and I can't lose weight for the life of me,,,,,,, I have spina bifida and i'm in a whellchair and I only have one foot,,,,, I want to lose 65lbs in the next 6 months,,,, I need as much help as I can get,,, I just don't know how to do it,,,,,If anyone has any ideas please help
mandy61185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #142  

vegas babe, you did a bike run for a cause???????? right on girl! keep on trekking!

Mandy hi, and welcome aboard I am so glad you joined us. We'll do whatever we can, I promise you that, just keep on posting! : ) we are all here for each other, it really rocks! In the meantime, Ill brush up and also fill me in if you can , so happy you joined sweety : ) oh you ladies make my day , you know that? Just having you here all and seeing our team and group flourish is unbeleivable! Love you all, you rock! Let's keep on truckin
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #143  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well its a bit later in the month but I'd like to join in. Sounds like a supportive group here. Which is great. I am currently on day 6 of SB diet. Oh phase 1 isn't all that easy but I am doing okay with it. I had a little slip up but mainly sticking to my diet. Friday will be the tough day when everyone else is having pizza do I give in and have just one piece or make something different like mushrooms, cheese and pizza sauce etc... Oh so hard. But I can do this right? Is there many of you on this diet? I have a daughter getting married in June and only have about 10lbs to lose. But its never easy to get rid of I am sure you can all relate to that in some way. Take care and I looking forward to knowing you all.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #144  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

I think i realized something... the weekend "slip up" is almost unavoidable... cause we are more social on the weekends... i think what i figured out tho, is that it's ok to order a burger or go out to eat, just plan on NOT finishing your food...and it's just as much fun to try one bite of everyone's food/desert/whatever than to have to eat all of your own plate... so although i went out to eat a lot this weekend (i had friends in town)... i decided not to feel guilty about it, which is probably good because that would only make it harder to keep going.
Well i hope everyone has a good monday!!! Back to another fun filled week of work for me... next week is vacation tho! VEGAS woohoo. I'm interested to see my weekly weigh-in on wed. before my vacation... see how i did... and hopefully, i will maintain over vacation...
has anyone actually LOST weight on a vacation?!?!? I figured that would be a totally unreasonable goal
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #145  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hi all...had a fairly good weekend, went to the gym a couple of times last week, and i've been on track for the most part with my eatings, a little chocolate here and there...but i just cant help it...im addicted to the stuff. But im having it in moderation. I have the chocolate slim fast optima...I too seem to have to go to the bathroom with it all the time, so I dont think I'll stick with it. The kids are finally getting better, Joshua is finally getting over the sinus infection, so he's sleeping a little better. I'm going to the gym tonight. At last weigh in I was 237. Better than 243!!

Mandy, you have many obstacles to overcome with your weight loss challenge. I dont mean to discourage you, but 65# in 6 months is a VERY high goal. That works out to be over 10# per month, and the closer you get to your goal, the harder it gets to lose that weight because you dont have as much fat to lose. I lost 50# before and it took me almost a year, and I was going to the gym on the treadmill alot. I think if you can lose the 65# within the year, you are doing excellent!! As far as exercise goes, can you swim? I know you only have one foot, but your arms and even a floatation device of some sort should allow you to swim? That would be good exercise for you.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Im reporting a gain this monday. im up 2lbs!!! I will hold myself accountable for eating things I shouldnt have on saturday afternoon and sunday - but it still seems alittle unfair too me with 4 hours exercise being completed during the week. Sigh. Well nothing much I can about it, just got to climb back on the wagon!

Welcome Mandy !! Im sure you will find lots of advice and information and of course the more valuable support here!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #147  
banruf

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies:
I did not weigh myself this week because I just did not have a good feeling about if I lost weight or not. I did not do horrible eating last week but I did not stick to not eating some snacks and I just did not feel good. My has this way of stressing me out sometimes and I found confort in peppermint patties and some cheese doodles. I know if I stepped on the scale and I gained weight then it could have set off an all out binge.

Welcome Mandy: I agree with Jellybeanz, a pool will give you some great exercise whether you swim or not. There are all kinds of things you do.

Nosnah1011: Have a wonderful trip to Viva Las Vegas. I wish I could give you tips on how to lose weight on vacation but I have never had any luck with that.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
banruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #148  

HI ladies, I just wrote a huge post and lost it! grrrr pc froze up on me.

I'll make this one short for now, it's very windy and I may lose connection again. cmsac, welcome! : ) I hope everyone has a great first day of our new week. We still have 2 weeks left ladies. Let's renew our energy and focus for our new week and keep on truckin. OH, I'm really sorry I lost my post. I'll be back soon to try and re-iterate what I wrote. I'm hungry! lol snack time!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #149  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Ooops I was a bit naughty during my storm today. I made mexican wedding cookies for my daughters wedding shower and froze them. Well I did manage to take two first now that wasn't a good move. But I guess i should be happy I stopped at two and the rest of the day stayed on task. Oh its day 6 of SB phase 1 thats why it was such a mess up. But 6 days of being so good I guess one little slip couldn't mess me up completly huh??? Well lets hope not. Back on track again sounds like a train song of some sort. Down the road of narrow paths full steam ahead.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Hi everyone,well another weigh in today and can you beleive it????The scale just will not move!!Its been a month with no change.Iam refuseing to letting it get me down.I went out for two 40 min walks today and i will have have to try and make a few changes to try and get that scale to move.i'll be drinking more water this week and more salads.I think most of my protein will be fish.I have to try something.I feel like i've wasted a full month.take care,Amy
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote