Old 03-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #31  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Hope you had a great week! I lost this week... only 1 lb though, which is a little discouraging since I was really good this week. I was good with the food and I got in about 6 hours of exercise, so I was hoping for a couple pounds. But still, a pound is a pound, right? Plus it was TOM so I should probably be glad I didn't gain! lol
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I was doing great on SB but fell off the of it when we moved here to Maine. I had lost 40lbs and gained all but 20lbs back. So today is day 2 on phase 1
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #33  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning all. I'm in the not such a good behavior group for the weekend. I cant say I'm feeling all that bad about anything though. I'm back to being good for awhile and thats all that matters.

I'm dressed and ready for a run this morning. We ran Saturday for the first time in about 1 1/2 months and my legs are sore. Todays run should be challenging. Just gonna take it nice and slow.

Its supposed to get warm here today but I have a pretty full afternoon with a dentist appt and then a long afternoon/night of teaching. I hope I can at least enjoy part of it outside before all that.

Ok, running out the door. Have a great Monday.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning Everyone-

I totally blew of the diet this weekend. I am back to it this morning. My boyfriends mom had a nice dinner planned so I sort of knew I would cheat. I'm going to try going back to South beach today. Hoping I an lose some weight fast. Got to stick to it !

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #35  
Chubby Bookworm

Evening ladies!
I went to the gym this morning... 7AM *shock*. First time I have ever made it to the gym that early, except for going for an AM swim (something I should really start doing again). I think it's a really good idea... it made me feel like I had done something right, right from the get go.
I tried on my swimsuit from last summer today... and it fits better! it's even a little big! So psyched. I haven't lost much yet but I am soooo sticking with this. I want to be able to go shopping for a sexy new swimsuit this summer, and feel good wearing it!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Hey Ladies! Had to work this morning semi early so I didn't get a chance to check in. Hope you all had a lovely weekend, despite some bad eating!

Rockie - a pound is definitely a pound! And they sure add up pretty quickly! Congrats on the gym this morning, I couldn't do that! I barely wake up in enough time to get to work most days Uhm, totally jealous of the bathingsuit thing! Keep up the work and you'll be in a small one in no time! I am pretty excited for summer this year, my goal is it hit 199 by the middle of May, and hopefully 190 by June, that would just ROCK my summer!

Brandy - how long do you run for? I am planning to start running in April, but I really want to do a little tomorrow! We'll see. I love love going around this inlet by my house, it's not the most safe - there are sometimes bears, so I can't really go alone. I was thinking maybe a bear bell, and possibly some bear spray... we'll see though.

keeper - I am back to phase 1 today, wasn't doing so great the past couple of weeks. Its hard work this dieting stuff!

Nikki - you totally have to keep at it! It's SO worth it! Get back at 'er girl! A weekend off is no problem!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #37  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

hmm I am almost thinking maybe I should give this SB thing a try... but I dunno if I could be that strict with myself...
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #38  
used to be tofat

Good morning. We had a beautiful day yesterday. I think we reached almost 80! Of course tomorrows high is 50. Love Michigan. Anyways, I was able to do a short extra walk yesterday morning to enjoy the day. I got all my lessons starting their recital music. This time of year is hard because I get bored hearing the same music, the kids get stressed about performing and its a pain to work out all the kinks before the recital. Its such a relief when its over, but that wont be til late May.

Courtnie-I know you've been a bit frustrated/tired of the whole diet thing the past few weeks. I cant suggest a plan because I never tried anything except the calore counting which I couldnt stand for more than 2 weeks. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone and I hope you figure out what will work for you.

Aimee-Bears! I haven't had to worry about them since college. My biggest fear are the pit bulls arounds town. Do stay safe! I started my running program with 3 runs the first week. 2 short, 10 min. runs, and 1 long 15 min. run. My DH put together a training schedule for me since C25K didn't start with much running. If you want a copy, I'll find it and PM it to you. This week I've run 25 min. and 35 min. but I can run a full hour at a time now.

Pockie-Great job with the gym. I love my morning workouts. I get the same feeling of "at least I started off well." Hooray for the bathing suit fitting better. I havent tried any on, but I'm assuming they'll still fit.

Nikki-How'd you do at getting back on track yesterday? I hope you're doing well.

OK, getting ready for my morning walk. My legs are pretty sore, but the walk will stretch them out a bit and loosen things up. I have class and lessons today so I'll be busy. Have a great day.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #39  

Morning Ladies-

Yesterday went well. I got back on track, hwever I was not completely south beach. I was dying for a banana so I had it. I had awesome news yesterday too. I passed my last certification test . I will now be able to teach in September

Nikki
Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Well, I had a whole post ready to go, and then apparently this site went down. Lovely eh! Let me try this again..

Courtnie - South Beach isn't for everyone, it's definitely strict, and can be really hard. I knew it was for me because I have issues with sugar and wheat, and the only way for me to lose weight is for me to cut those foods out. What you are doing works for you, you lose weight, stick with what works!

Brandy - There are lots of wild animals around here, deer, bucks, raccoons, bears and coyotes! I am definitely a city girl, so seeing any of them definitely freaks me out! I would love to see your running program, I was thinking that i was going to see how my body feels and listen to it when out and trying to run. We'll see though! You definitely need motivation to follow that kind of a plan, heh.

Nikki - a banana would be fine for phase 2! Which phase are you in? I'm attempting to find the right balance of phase 2 for me, if I have too much of certain things it definitely triggers cravings, which I have a hard time resisting! Congrats on the certificate! What are you going to teach?

Well ladies there is no sun today, but I am determined to get out for a walk with the bf, as long as the rain doesn't start! Hopefully he's still willing to go. I have been a good girl for the last little bit, so I am hoping for a good WI this week, my WI day is Thursday, so cross your fingers for me! I have the day off, so I will be back later!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #41  

Aimee-

I am hoping to teach elementary ed 2 or 3rd. I am trying to find a balance for Phase II as well. I found Phase I much easier. A walk sounds great. I have to go to class in 10 minutes but I did real good eating wise today.

Nikki
Old 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #42  
used to be tofat

Aimee-I put the running plan here instead of PMing because someone else spoke of a possible 5K. I have a continuation plan that got me to the full hour. You could easily double the short run to 2x's a week if you want. Because of my ankle probs. I took things VERY slow. Hope this helps.

Week-01: Long run 15min, short run 10min
Week-02: Long run 17min, short run 11min
Week-03: Long run 19min, short run 12min
Week-04: Long run 21min, short run 13min, short run 13min
Week-05: Long run 15min, short run 10min

Week-06: Long run 21min, short run 13min, short run 13min
Week-07: Long run 23min, short run 14min
Week-08: Long run 25min, short run 15min, short run 15min
Week-08: Long run 28min, short run 17min
Week-09: Long run 21min, short run 13min

Week-10: Long run 28min, short run 17min, short run 17min
Week-11: Long run 31min, short run 19min
Week-12: Long run 34min, short run 21min, short run 21min
Week-13: Long run 37min, short run 23min
Week-14: Long run 28min, short run 17min
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #43  
Chubby Bookworm

lol I couldn't do SB either. I do not respond well to restrictions and I'm totally broke (hence a lot of canned/frozen foods! lol). I just sort of try to eat veggies and whole grains and protein, with as little fat as possible. (Basically it's frozen veggies, whole grain bread, cereal, and tuna, yogurt, milk, and cottage cheese ). I say it's kind of similar to SB, in that it doesn't eliminate anything but it keeps "good" carbs etc., just because if I was going to follow a restrictive plan, it would be SB. But I also don't eat most meat including turkey, chicken etc, so I'm pretty restricted in my choices.

... yeah, so there's my random two cents!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #44  

Morning all-

Artsy are you planning to run a marathon?

Rockie-It sounds like you should do well sticking to your eating plan.

I had my weigh in this morning and I managed to lose 1 lb. I am so relieved I really blew it last weekend lol. Now though I find myself thinking if I didn't blow it I could have weighed 2 lbs less today LOL. Can't win. Anyhow I am aiming for 158 by next Wednesday's weigh in. This weekend I am finally going to get a new pair of Jeans mine are falling off and ripped yesterday. I was trying to hold out until I hit my weight goal. Buying new clothes every few months is expensive.

Nikki
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #45  
used to be tofat

Good morning all. I had a nice run in the mist this morning. It was actually quite peaceful. Gonna go work at my friends health food store for a bit today and then teach a makeup lesson this afternoon. It should be a very nice low stress day.

Nikki-NO!!!! My running races will stay at a 5K I'm to chicken to even bump up to the 10K competition even though I run that in training. I'm afraid of maintaining a race pace for that distance. My DH is training for his first marathon this fall. He's running his 3rd half marathon next Sunday. He's a bit insane. Hooray for pants falling down. Can you check out a goodwill for a pair for now until you hit goal? I did that alot as I was losing. Its always fun to get something new to you even if its not brand new.

Rockie-It sounds like you have a good modification of SB worked out for you. I think its very important to do something that you feel confident about and doesnt cause added stress like being strapped because your shelling out so much for groceries.

Aimee-Did you try a run yesterday?

Courtnie-What did you decide to do for your program this week?

OK I'm off to warm up my coffee and get moving. Have a great day.