Old 03-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default 40 Days and 40 Nights Chat Week Four 03/19

Well, this is the start of week 4. I had a very relaxing weekend and a friend made a special veggie dinner for me on Saturday; which was very nice. I got more groceries delivered this weekend as well, and should be fully stocked for a while.

This week, I'm actually feeling pretty good regarding the challenge. I weighed myself at the gym today and I am back in the 120's! I was so excited I did a little dance in the locker room (no one was around at the time). It's been my policy to move my ticker only in one direction; it's sort of like an affirmation that any weight gained will come back off. I had actually gained up to 137 the past few months, and as of today I weigh 126.5. I feel like this Lent challenge is paying off and it's been a while since I've dreamt of food.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Week four already??? Wow.

I'm doing great w/ exercise and not eatting chocolate... but I can't seem to lose anything. I've lost 2 lbs total in the last 3 weeks. I'm getting really discouraged right now. I'm almost to the not wanting to keep trying state... I know I shouldn't let myself get there, but I am so discouraged. *sigh*

goodbye chubby: congrats on the 120's! that's an awesome accomplishment!
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  

haeyu14, please don't get discouraged; you're more than halfway there! Sometimes, I find that I can be doing everything right, but I still won't lose weight or I'll even gain; it can definitely be frustrating. Congratulations on the additional 2 pound loss! Any step in the right direction (large or small) should be considered a victory. I'm sure you can see this through to the end.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #4  

haeyu14 -- Don't get discouraged -- mine hadn't moved for a few weeks but I just look at this way -- I'm putting forth the effort, which is good for my body, and if I'm not trying, I'm gaining! To me the only way is down (and you will go down eventually), because I'm not one to stay the same when I eat what I want, just gain, gain, gain. Try to be in tune to your body -- I'm noticing more in terms of shape than scales -- clothes fitting better, less winded, more energy for the kids, etc. You can do this!!

GoodbyeChubby -- You're doing great!! I've actually settled in pretty well too, the first week was horrible and I had two bad days -- but now I haven't even been thinking of snacks anymore. I'm so much more interested in being thin than chowing down on junk!!

Have a great day everybody
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Seems this thread is starting to slow down. Where is everybody??

I'm doing pretty good with my challenges. I just had chips....and now after I ate them I remembered I can't have them!! *rolls eyes* Ugh. DUH! Oh well. Hope everyone's still doing great...we're almost there, so keep going!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am still doing good althought I bought the kids Lucky charms for cereal this week but it is getting easier I have moved on to 75%cocoa chocolate and natural peanut butter as a snack.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #7  

It is awfully quiet in here; I can almost hear crickets chirping. I'm glad for those of us left though.

Today I'm wearing a pair of pants that I haven't worn in months. I know they're totally vanity sized, but they're a size 2. I feel like a fraud wearing them (my jeans are a size 9), but it's still kind of neat all the same.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #8  

I don't like the vanity size thing. I wish there was a standard size. Don't get me wrong I like size 6/8 thing but I know I am really a 10/12.

Another day down for me I think it is 4 weks now I believe I lost track and my ticker is a guess.lol
Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi guys! I'm still here

They moved my desk at work, so now I sit where EVERYONE who walks by can see my comp. So I'm not able to visit during the day as much as I used to!!

Haeyu! Don't be discouraged. You are doing so great. Two pounds gone is fantastic! It all adds up in the end. I understand slow progress is frustrating, but it's one of those things that's worth the time and frustration.

thanks for all the advice about my cake dilemma. I took a piece and stared at it for like five minutes. I had brought mango to work that day, so I went and got it and decided i would get one forkfull of cake and throw the rest away. S o I got the forkful, threw the cake away, and then stared at the fork for another five minutes. I decided that I wanted to finish this challenge more than I wanted that cake so I threw it away and ate my mango!!! I was ridiculously proud of myself for throwing away one silly bite of cake
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Not much to update this week. TOM is here and I'm in a moody, bingeing mood. Ugh. TTYL!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #11  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Amber!!!! Gotta love those little victories.

I'm in a new size today too... I'm fairly confident that they are accurate sized and not vanity sized, but i'm not certain. They are dress slacks from lane bryant and are a 16!!! When I started this I was wearing 22s. I still wear my fat jeans when I walk in the morning and now I have to bunch them way up with my belt so they don't fall down. Let me tell you how good that makes me feel...

anyway... where is everyone??? it has gotten super crazy quiet in here...
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #12  

Congrats haeyu14! I know it can seem like a miracle to find pants that fit, period; let alone in a smaller size. I still have my fat jeans; they bunch up like yours do too, so I wear them only at home, but they're really comfortable and a great reminder of how far I've come. I'd hang on to those fat jeans even if you intend not to wear them.

I was feeling good yesterday and did some shopping. I really only needed a purse, but did some clothes shopping as well; I had so much fun. I had one of those rare events yesterday in one store where I liked everything I brought in the dressing room with me, including 2 more pairs of pants (which I needed). It's funny how as the numbers go down on the scale, the pleasure of shopping increases.

I'm glad that those of us left (the survivors) are doing so well.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Just popping in to say hi....still going strong with my Lent challenges. Glad to hear you girls are doing good too!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #14  

haeyu14~ congrats on the lst sizes and i hope you never find them!! I had the same problem with my shorts last year they even got to the point where a belt didn't help because there was too much fabic bunched up. Sop this year is expensive.

As for the challenge i am hanging in there by a thread but it is a couple weeks before TOM so this is when I crave cereal REALLy bad( during ovulation nd during TOM)
Old 03-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #15  
Starting Fresh

I really wanna see this lent thing out... but I really feel no artifical sweenters is making me not lose
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote