Old 03-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #61  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hi All,
Thanks to everyone that responded to me.

Lovemacon : you might want to try popcorn (low calorie and fulling)
also you could add lots of veggies to everything.
Have a great day
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #62  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Awwww....I'm sorry you guys!!! Thanks for everyone asking about me though. The usual...work, gym, work, sleep, work work...I've popped over a few times but usually not long enough to post.

Jeni!!! OMG~take a pregnancy test! STAT....I think the stress might be screwing you up though too. I'm thinking about ya though....My DH agreed to a vasectomy after Rachel was born...in the delivery room, we considered tubal afterwards, but the doc told us pros/cons and when DH heard about ectopic pregnancies and the risks to mom, he stood up and said, forget it, I'm having the big V. So anyways, I hope it works out for you, I assume you don't have your insurance yet? Get checked anyway, just to be sure. And let us know.

Suz, been going to the gym? I gotta tell ya, I've been there THREE days IN A ROW, and plan to go tonight~off tomorrow and get there Saturday. I've been meaning to respond to your question about stretching! I tell ya, I KNOW I don't stretch as I should, in fact, unless I'm in a class where stretching is part of the routine, I really don't stretch at all. Then I wonder why I'm so sore the next day...I guess sometimes if I come home from the gym in the evening, I'll stretch in front of the TV...but not like I know I should. I love the feeling though, my gym has this fabulous stretching chair thing, you put your wrists in these restraint things and bend the seat backwards~anyone know what I'm talking about? But I feel like I don't have enough gym time as is, and I don't take the extra time to stretch. SO let's add that to our list of commitments.

Who asked about the protein powder? I'd like to try something a bit more sophisticated but my first one I tried was Kashi, just because I like most Kashi products, figured the shakes would be decent. They were pretty good. So I guess I'll try some "real" protein shakes...like whey or something.

I have an exercise ball, too, to whomever asked. I didn't know they made different sizes and the one I got just came with a ball and band video. Great for the abs...I'd like to try one of HolyT's beans, I would be less likely to fall off!

Grampaula, I was just thinking the same thing about the weather, then remembered we're practically neighbors...weird wasn't it? Jogging on the track one day, back to snow and ice the next day. <sigh> Oh yes and you're cracking me up eating all this tilapia....LOL

I need to get so much done today! I'm sorry I didn't finish personals, but I am totally PROUD of all you BIG LOSERS.....a lot of great success stories around here! I want to wait until tomorrow to post my weight, but I do believe I'll be posting a LOSS....Lots of love xoxoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #63  

Thanks a lot Robin for sharing your day. We just got some nice weather lately so I did a lot of walking. I was getting cabin fever and a little depression but I noticed that the walking clears it up.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #64  

Oh, Robin, Just noticed that you don't eat until 9am but I know you're posting sometimes quite early. Are you just not hungry until then?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #65  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ya know Carol you know so much about us, me in particular it seems. You surely are observant, knowing that I post early and all. If I didn't know any better I would think you were stalking me, LOL. Just wondering. What plan are YOU on? What are your goals? You don't have ANYthing posted about yourself. Do tell. We'd love to hear about ya. We'd love to have you here as part of our team and posting your WEED. We are a very supportive bunch and you are more then welcome to join in.

To answer your question, I am a very early riser and I try to hold out til 9:00 before I start eating. Which isn't too difficult to do, I'm usually not hungry till then and I am quite busy, the early morning is when I get a lot of stuff done, kinda getting a jump on the day.

But really, please feel free to join in here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #66  

I post mostly on IE but have found your weight loss journey really interesting, Robin. Sorry if I seemed like a stalker. I'll try to do better. I just feel like the only way I can learn is ask questions.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #67  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon all.
Thought I would do a quick post while the little one was napping and before I start doing some much needed work. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I'm feeling better about my eating today then I was the past 2 days. I think I am stressing because I've only been on plan since the end of February and I am doing well. I just hate to backslide and ruin all of my progress thus far. My whole outlook on life is very different than all of the other times I've attempted to loose the weight, but as you all well know, bad habits are heard to break.

Robin thanks for posting your schedule. That was really interesting.

Paula-I see you got your house back...well almost. Enjoy your grandkids.
Glad to see you are enjoying the roasted veggie thing. I've been doing onions and bell pepers with a little thyme, parsley and basil. It's great. I think I'll venture out and try some new things.

Brandy-HOpe everything checks out ok at the Dr. Hopefully it will be someone you can talk to. I had a horrible cardiologist once that just got up and walked out of the room. Didn't say I'll be back, just left. He also dictated his notes on me in front of him. He would say "patient has not lost any weight to date." I hated it. So one day I told him that I made sure that I was down a couple of pounds because I didn't want to hear him say that. Needless to say, I got rid of him!

Suz-Thanks for the pep talk. It's much needed. And good for you with the Chineese food. I haven't done that yet because I want General Tso's. I just read somewhere that what is usually served is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 calories. YIKES! Knitting sound fun. I'd like to learn some sort of craft. But it'll have to wait until my DH is done working on his masters. That takes up so much of his time, I have little time to myself. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel (december)

Jeni-I'd take the test first. You've had so much going on lately I can see why your TOM is off. Oh and the first aid EMT thing sounds like fun. I wouldn't worry about my response time. ONce you know what your doing you'll feel more comfortable about all of that.

Well I should go and be productive. I posted my WEED last night. Tonight is my first real test since my lifestyle change. I'm going to a ladies night with some women from my church. It's an eating thing. We are all supposed to swap recipies and what not. I think I'll have a salad before I leave here so I won't be tempted to overeat or eat poorly.

Oh and anyone watch idol last night. Jimmy Kimmel thinks SanJaya has a deal with the Devil.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #68  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I post mostly on IE but have found your weight loss journey really interesting, Robin. Sorry if I seemed like a stalker. I'll try to do better. I just feel like the only way I can learn is ask questions.
No need to apologize whatsoever. No need to "do better". It's just that I've seen you pop in quite a few places where I have been ONLY to ask a question and it feels as if you know so much about me and I know zero about you. I would like to help you better and since I don't know ANYthing about you it's hard to help. What I do for myself is not necessarily what is right for anyone else. It's all indiviudal. Not knowing a thing about your plan it's kind of hard to answer you. Do you get what I'm saying? A little bit at least? When we talk back and forth here we get lots of help and learn from each other. It's just a little hard to do that when again, I know nothing about you. Not even what you weigh or want to weigh or how far along you are on your journey. Feel free to pop in and out where ever you'd like. But really, let us in. Share with us. I'd be more then happy to help you out. As would anyone here for that matter. That's what we're here for.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #69  

Robin, Here's my story that I wrote quite awhile back. Hope this helps.

My story is a long one so can't explain everything except that I was first diagnosed with sarcoidosis (mainly lung) when I was 28 but I had been pretty sick for at least 6 mo. before that. I was started on 80 mg prednisone back then but kept getting pg (we have 10 kids) so finally weaned myself off of it and quit going to the dr. About 2 yr ago (I am 57 now) I started having funny symptoms so in the summer of 2005 I went to the hospital with high blood calcium (a result of the tiny tumors in the lungs) which had caused my kidneys to fail. 4 out of 10 of the glomeruli were scarred so my creatinine will never be normal again. Every time I go back on prednisone I get terribly hungry and gain weight even though I walked 6 mi. a day at that time. I had lost 30lb when I was sick but put it back on quickly with the prednisone. It felt so good to lose weight but I was really sick. Now I'm on a lower dose but the dr. told me I would be on it for life. Lily lost her weight with low carb but I've done that in the past and I just can't tolerate most artificial sweetners and just can't seem to stay on the low carb. So I am trying to follow intuitive eating.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #70  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi All! I didn't have time to put my name on the list today, but intend to do it tomorrow when I first get their that way I am not side tracked.

I am not going to the gym tonight because I got my work out at work, my muscles are so sore. I usually don't work my upper body much, so today was a workout. I even had beads of sweat rolling down my face!!! (plus Thursdays are my scheduled days off!)

TOM showed up today! thanks everyone for your input. I would not have even thought twice about getting checked if I had insurance, but without insurance I didn't want any documentation that I was PG. (it is cheaper for me to go to the doc than buy a home test, plus I would want an early U/S to rule out ectopic pg.) No worries! I usually wouldn't have worried, but the idea got put in my head, you know how that works.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #71  
3 + years maintaining

Carol I can't imagine how difficult that must be. Wow. I'm not too familiar with what you have, but it doesn't sound all too fun. You are remarkable to keep on trying to lose weight with all you are up against. You are to be commended. It's hard enough to try and lose weight withOUT any serious medical conditions, I can't even fathom having to try WITH all that you are up against. I have never checked out the intuitive eating section, perhaps I will give it a look. And you have 10 children!!!! Wow what a blessing!!! And soooo much work. Do you have grandchildren as well? It must be great to have such a large and supportive family. More people to love and to love you back. I wish we would have had more.

But I really meant it, you are more then welcome to join our discussions whenever you like. Just pop on over and participate. You will be recieved very warmly. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #72  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ugh TOM showed up and brought no gifts. i have rehearsal in an hour and a crabby hubby...that i have to go buy him birthday gifts for....gonna have to make the time to get my own from christmas/valentines. hadn't had the chance to do that yet.

I'm doin ok though....i got my @$$ up at 4:30 and did half an hour on the treadmill.....I CAN DO IT.

ok i'm tired again ROFL....sorry to be rollercoastering thru the energy...i gotta eat something soon before I go shake my butt ROFL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #73  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening!

Jeni--Glad to hear TOM arrived(well, not really but you know what I mean). My peroids are always late when I get stressed out. Sometimes I go a month without one.

Tigga-- Welcome to our group.

Gotta cut time short, sorry for not getting to everyone.
-------------------
Been doing good, I guess. I notice my snacking is increasing. Must be getting close to that time. My DH got some No Sugar Added fudge bars from Dairy Queen. They are only 50 calories and oh so good.
I didn't work out yesterday. I give myself one day a week to just relax. I was really tired after work yesterday, so I choose that day.
The girls don't have school tomorrow(teacher's institute). The school I work at does have school, so DH is taking off work to stay home with the girls. Hopefully, it will be nice enough that they can get outside.

Off to get the kids to bed. I just got the YOU: On a Diet book. Maybe I can get some of it read after I get them to bed.

Good Night
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 AM   #74  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning all. I didn't have the day I expected yesterday. I was on my way out the door when my phone rang cancelling my dr. appt and rescheduling it for next Thurs. I am very dissappointed. I was expecting to FINALLY get answers and now I'm waiting again. I'd like to take every dr. I've seen over the past 3 months and put them into a stressfull situation and make them wait 2 1/2 months and see how they feel about that. Sorry about my icky attitude. I feel like I need these answers so I can get my life back on track, but the answers just keep getting delayed and I'm frustrated.

Today I have some errands to keep me busy so that will help. I did my 4 miles already although if it werent for meeting someone I totally would have skipped it and went back to sleep. (That's the benefit of having a walking buddy) I woke up around 1 and didnt fall back asleep. I feel like a truck hit me. Maybe lots of coffee will take that feeling away.

W-64+
E-4 miles done
E-healthy
D-get out of my frustrated funk

JennyWenny-I hope you're able to keep your snacking controlled. Those bars sound really yummy.

Holyteror-Hang in there! Is your show this weekend? Good luck.

Jeni-I'm happy tom showed for you. One less worry to add to the list. What a great opportunity to receive the training for EMT. That is definetly a good skill to have if you ever do need to find a different job. Congratulations on the opportunity.

lovemacon-How did your womens night go? It sounds like fun but filled with temptations. I hope you were able to maintain control. Its good to hear your feeling a bit more secure with your eathing. It is a bit scary when we have off days, but its all part of it. Be glad that you're aware of them so they can be controlled before they've caused lots of damage.

Michele-Glad to hear from you. Great job on all the gym time!

Suz-glad work gave you a calmer day yesterday. We had that huge weather change too. 70 and beautiful and snow covering the ground the next morning. I think my body went into shock! Your knitting group sounds fun. What are you working on. I'm in the middle of a felted purse. I put it down a few weeks ago and havent touched it since. Maybe tonight I'll get back at it.

Paula-I hope you have a nice weekend with your gs. I'm happy your MIL was able to go home. I hope she's doing ok.

tigga-Hi and welcome. I hope you like it here.

I'm sorry to anyone I'm skipping. I cant see all the posts since my lat one. I hope you all have a wonderful, weedy day!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #75  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

ArtsyGirl--Sorry about your appt. I know it gets frustrating when they cancel appt. Especially, when you are looking for answers.
---------------------
Don't have time for much this morning. Stopping in to report that I have lost 3 1/4 inches in the past month. Some places I stayed the same, others I lost. The biggest was in my waist (1 inch)
It wasn't as big of a loss as the month before but I will take any loss I can.

Have a wonderful day
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote