Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Another good day yesterday. I didn't get the walking in though. I had a headache and I felt dizzy. I think it must have been my sinuses. The headache is gone today, but my head still feels like it's teetering on my neck. I'm going to take some sinus meds and see it that helps.

Michelle- Yes, I watch American Idol. What a shock last night. The 2 I wanted make it are still there. I can't believe who got voted off. What is America thinking?
LOL on the pizza buffet. I'm guessing you went to CiCi's. I was thinking about taking the grandkids there, but I know I will have to have the white pizza and I cna't stop at just one piece. And the cinnamon buns. YUM!! No we will not be going there tonight.
Did you go to the Rec-Center? How did it measure up?

LaBonits- Super on the 2 pounds. You are doing great.

Rowdy- When my hubby said that about the garlic, I aksked him if he didn't like garlic. He said he liked it, but it seemed like we were having it every night. He doesn't mind, just finds it a little unusual that's all. No garlic last night though. Instead we had stinky cabbage. LOL It's a good thing it's winter or my poor neighbors would probably put their house on the market. LOL One good thing is the lady is a vegetarian and I don't think she will mind the veggie smell too much.
I know what you mean about the scale numbers. We really should go by the way our bodies feel and looki n our clothes. I am a scale-aholic too. I weigh myself every morning and every night. I did take my measurements in January before I started the Discovery Challenge. This weekend that is over so I'm going to measure myself again to see if I've lost any inches.

Shelby- Nope still have a whole box of tilapia left. Dummy me bought a family sized box. I will eat it. It's not that back. It's really a mild fish and when I take a bite of it with another strong tasting food like broccoli or cauliflower I can't taste a lot of it. As long as I'm getting it into my diet I doesn't matter how I get in my belly. LOL I found a recipe that you pan fry it in a little butter. I think I'll try it next. I'll use my better flavored Promise margarine and see if I like it better that way. I'm used to eating fresh blue gill deep fried,when I do eat fish so maybe fried I will like it better. Either way, The YOU on a Diet says to eat fish and I'm eating fish.

Holyteror- Did your bean hold it's air? I wish I could fnd the plug to my ball. We deflated it when we were thinking about selling out house and the plug got misplaced. It's a nice ball with sand in it. What a waste to have it sitting in the closet. I'm going to have to ear everything out of the closet and see if I can find the plug. I think that will be my "d" for today.

Love- Running around after 6 kids would be enough exercise for me. Good that you managed to even get more exercise in.

Brandy- Have fun today with all your travels.
I'm glad it wasn't me making those goodie bags. I don't think I would have been as stong as your were. I would have had to have candy I don't like. Even then I might have ahd to try at least one of them to make sure I still didn't like it. LOL
I'm still trying different recipes for the tilapia. Your recipe wouldn't work for me. I don't like coconut. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.
My hubby doesn't cook at all. Actually I've pretty much banned him from the kitchen. A month ago I was out with friend and he was on his own. He decide to make some Ramen Noodles. He thought the back burner was on and it was really the front burner. He had the pot on the back burner and the plate on the front burner. He went in to watch some TV while the pot of water came to a boil. When he went back in to put the noodles in the pot, the plate was glowing red, the noodle pack had melted onto the plate and the plastic spaghetti spoon that he uses for the noodles was also melting. He managed to get the plate off the stove (Which I have no idea how he did it without burning his hand) and dropped it on the rug in front of the sink. The $50.00 rug had a nice round burn mark. He then took the plate outside and it was subzero temps and it shattered in a million pieces on the back porch. The plate was one of my Corel plate. They don't break, they shatter. The sad thing about all this is the smoke alarm never went off. It goes off almost everytime I cook anything, I'm not evening burning the food. I'm just glad that I still had a house to come home to and not the entire fire department hear greeting me.

Jeni- Congrats on the wellness program. It sounds like a good thing.
I hope you start feeling better.

Today's WEED

W- 3-4 bottles of water.
E- walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill
E- Eat the Whole Foods way
D- Dig through the closet today and see if I can find the plug to the exercise ball.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #77  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Ok Just a quick weed the DH is off otday and begging for oatmeal.
W-Lots of it.
E-WATP-
E-More consciously.
D-Get the laundry put away and floors vaccumed.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check in with you later.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Thanks for the congrats everybody! I have to say I still feel such a high from that. And I jumped on the scale again this morning...just in case I gained the weight back....but nope, still at 144.

Okay, my WEED for the day...
W - at least 3 cups
E - NYC Ballet Workout, Intervals
E - 1200 calories, watch portions
D - Get some homework done
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Wow....I just thought I'd come and mention that we only have about THREE weeks left until April 1!! I can't believe it, time flies so fast. I think I'll be able to make my goal...it'll be the first goal that I've ever actually met!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow 3 weeks. I'd better get my butt in gear.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #81  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Uh Oh!
Who said 3 weeks for the challenge?? This is my first time entering a challenge and I better get moving! I think I was aiming for an 8lb loss. I just opened the link to read of the rules and etc. so I guess I will start to play by the rules in the AM. Thanks again for the warm welcomes. I am sure I will be needing support on my rough days. As far as exercise? I haven't been to the gym in 4 days! I'll be doing double duty tomorrow!! Does anyone use those exercise balls?? Not sure what size to purchase or what kind of exercise to do. I have been thinking about getting one to try at home to do on the days that I miss the gym. I have nothing to do at home that is "FUN". I don't even own a treadmill! Any ideas for at home workouts let me know.
Well, goodnight and I will be checking in tomorrow!
Lisa
lottalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #82  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Evein everyone! Guess what? Yesterday was my first full day in my apartment! That's one New Years resolution down. Just to give you a heads-up, I'm probably only going to be able to post about once or twice a week until I get my own computer. But I'll try my best! Talk to you all later!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM   #83  

hey ladies...forgot to post on wednesday and its been too long.
starting to get my WEED back on but i gotta check what my goal was...i think it was like 5 pounds totally dont remember hehe

W: 9 cups but i think i can get it back up to double that which made the not being hungry so much easier
E: gotta start my walkin regimen..hopin around 40 minutes a day
E: went well...reached 4 points into my flexpoints
D: i gotta study for my CPE so i dont have another stress factor boggin me down

i have my endoscopy scheduled for tuesday and im really nervous, not so much about the procedure but about the results.i just really want them to figure out whats goin on in my tummy and just fix it. you know, many people take digestion for granted lol

hope everyones day is goin well!!!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #84  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Hi girls - missed all of my posting yesterday because work once again was kind of sucky and thus I had no time to do anything else but work, work, work.

Got on the scale - it finally moved! 165!! I'm very pleased... and surprised, really, because although the eating has been O.K., I've not been exercising like I should. That's okay, though - made up for it today by spending an hour working out at the gym and two more hours of yardwork this afternoon!

OK - the Outlaws are here and I don't want to be rude to them...

Talk to you all later!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #85  

Shari -- Congrats on the apartment, it must be really nice to finally be in. Don't worry about posting, we'll think about you and send good, healthy, stress free vibes your way!!

Suz -- Yeah -- 165 -- glad the scales finally moved for you

I have to get to work, so here's my quick WEED (I think I'm going to lose my job, I spend more time on here lately than working!!)

W -- I think my new water bottle holds almost 1/2 gallon so two of these are good for the day!!
E -- Taking the kids out shopping for the little ones birthday party supplies, so hopefully we'll all get a lot of walking in.
E -- Still trying to figure out my calories but I've been eating a lot of vegetables lately.
D -- Continue to put eatting issues in their place!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #86  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! A quick hello from work~tonight is cool because I get to work 11 hrs and get paid for 12...woohoo. LOL

I had a bit of an accident on Friday.....a nice day, DH took the day off, Rachel was in daycare, Robert in school...so we got to hang out together ALONE all day! We shopped, we went out, laid around the house, it was nice. So we wanted to try the new Chipotle they opened up near us. (We'd never been there but heard it was good!) so I get THE BEST burrito EVER! Thinking, oh this is great, grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, rice, all fresh nice ingredients, right!? Get home to look up NI online and found out I ate probably nearly 1000 calories...LOL whatever. But it wasn't like I did it on purpose.

I went and played poker friday night, SO MAD! I went out in 6th place and the payout STARTED IN 5TH! LOL

Talk to you all in the morning, my home puter is acting odd again. xoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #87  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I am beat.

Our town had their annual Shrine Night. It is where the shriner's raise money and bands are at every bar in town. It is always one of those nights where you see people you haven't seen in years.

So, I had to bartend last night. Plus, I waitressed before that(in same bar). This is the most people this bar sees in a year. There are three of us in the front bar trying appease people. You serve as fast as you can, when you can. I had one guy grab my arm when I walked by to get him a drink I told him not to grab me and moved on to the next person. There were no fights(that I seen, anyway).

By the time we closed, I could hardly move. My back was absolutley killing me. I couldn't go to sleep because I hurt so much. Then this time change really screwed up my sleeping. By the time I got home, it was really 4 a.m. and not 3 a.m. I got up to help the kids get ready for church. My Dh left for church before they did(go to different churches). So, here I am when I should be sleeping. If I try now, it will be futile.

You all have a nice day!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #88  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Well once again, I wrote out my reply and went to post and bam! it was gone, so this is going to be a quickie.
I've been sick for the past three days and unable to keep anything in. My tummy is just grumbling. So needless to say, I've not watned to much to eat. This for me is rare, because I always want to eat even when I am sick. So i've managed to loose 3 more pounds. I know they are sick pounds and may not stay off once I'm better, but I am going to take them.

Michelle-so you got yourself a Chipotle. We used to frequent there often, not so much anymore. When I was being conscious, I would get it with more veggies and no rice. It helps a little, although anything that big is probably sinful.

JennyWenny-Get some rest and enjoy the quiet

Paula-What did you do with the fish the Friday?

Rowdy-Congrats on moving the scale.

My Weed
W- More, if I can get it to stay where it's supposed to.
E-Probably noe, but I am going to shoot for the 2 mile WATP
E-Anything that'll stay put
D-Get better!
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #89  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

well today hopefully i'll get some exercise in....we're supposed to go to san fran today and hit alcatraz and the wharf. however it's almost noon and DH isn't up yet. I got the dresses for our show next weekend finished...i'll make sure DH gets pix of us next weekend
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #90  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Hello,
I was looking for a fat free banana recipe and something to do with my fat free vanilla yogurt(I can't eat it plain YUK). Also does anyone know about the exercise ball?? What size would I get?? I thought it would be something to do when I can't get to the gym . I don't know anything about them. looked at them in store with a video but they come in a ton of sizes! Help!
For your WEED do you guys count your calories or post what you would like to keep them under for the day?? And where do you get all the calorie amounts for everything??
I'll try to post a weed:
W-never enough(about 32 oz)
E-gym-4mile treadmill and lower body today
E-shredded wheat for breakfast/skim milk, OJ, 1 slice SBARRO cheese pizza w Diet coke, dinner is pork tenderloin, broccoli, and baked pototo.
D-What is this D for??

Hope everone is OK and Thanks again for a warm welcome!!
Lisa
lottalisa is offline   Reply With Quote