Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #61  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello all,
Mind if i join in on the fun? My goal is to get down to 185 by the end of March. That will be a 7 lb weight loss.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #62  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Default My March Goal

I want to get down to 191lbs by the end of March. That'll be 8lbs less. Wish me luck. I have to make sure I'm execising 4-6 days a week and drinking lots or water. I want to eat lots of fiber, fruits, and veggies! All of this will be my goal for March.

I will weigh in ever other Saturday. Seeya March 17th!
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

I weighed in today and lost 5.2 lbs!!! Woohoo. So that means I only have to lose another 2.8 to get to my March goal. What I really want to do is start exercising regularly! I heard on the radio earlier(no idea if it's true or not) that not exercising is the equivalent of smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Even if it's not true, it's something to think about!!!
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #64  
Capoeirista

S/C/G: 160/143/120

Height: 5'4.8"

Hey ladies! I'd like to join as well - I've been posting my weight w the exercise challenge, but I think it's good to have them be two separate things so I've converted over here for the scale related festivities! lol. My goals for March are 134 by the end of the month... I weigh-in daily and know there will be flutuations, therefore I don't mind - I'm going to go based on beginning weight, end weight and then have a weekly average...

In case you were wondering - I had gone from 153 in February of last year down to 132 by October, however I did the holiday parties and the drinking and the whole falling of the portion wagon... my problem isn't healthy eating, it's portion size. I love working out and end up spending an average of at least 11-20 hrs at the gym a week depending on what I'm training for at the given moment. So these goals are with a 15 hr workout week in mind and the thought of putting my bikini on this summer! Wishing all of you the best in your goals... I want 132.0 lbs for April 7th, 2007!

3/01 - 142.0
3/02 - 141.0
3/03 - 141.5
3/04 - 143.5 (ate a lot yesterday...ick!)
3/05 - 143.5 (ate bfast @ 8am on 3/4, then a 10pm dinner...brilliance!!! hah)
3/06 - 142.5 (ate late again...WHY AM I DOING THAT!?!??! AHHHH!)
3/07 - 142.5 (late eating anyone? AHHH! SHOOTING MYSELF IN THE FOOT AGAIN!)

Week 1 High/Low/Average: 143.5/141.0/142.36

3/08 - 142.5 (ate late...we seeing a pattern?)
3/09 - 142.5 (ate when I got home...midnight...augh)
3/10 - SKIPPED WEIGH-IN
3/11 - WASN'T HOME FOR WEIGH-IN
3/12 - SKIPPED WEIGH-IN
3/13 - SKIPPED WEIGH-IN
3/14 - SKIPPED WEIGH-IN

Week 2 High/Low/Average: 142.5/142.5/142.5

3/15 -
3/16 -
3/17 -
3/18 -
3/19 -
3/20 -
3/21 -

Week 3 High/Low/Average:

3/22 -
3/23 -
3/24 -
3/25 -
3/26 -
3/27 -
3/28 -

Week 4 High/Low/Average:

3/29 -
3/30 -
3/31 -

Monthly High/Low/Average: 143.5/141.0/142.33

Last edited by JPennies; 03-14-2007 at 10:23 AM.
JPennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #65  

Hi ladies, so nice to have you join us! welcome aboard

lovemacon, of course you may join in the fun : ) Nice to have you as well as mia and jpennies. Jpennies, glad you came over for the "scale related festivities" I admire your activity level, ty for the best wishes, like-wise : ).

CYNTHERIAAAAA , congratulations on the 5.2 lbs. lost!! fantastic job.

I think everybody is doing great with their plans, foodwise and/or exercise wise, etc. I am excited and thankful we have each other for inspiration and sharing. Have a great night ladies. I'm off to hit the couch and do some sofa surfing tonight.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #66  

Thank you
Old 03-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #67  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Hi all, Just got home from the gym, man i pushed myself hard!! I did 30 mins on the treadmill, 253 calories burned and I didnt let my heart rate go below 130. It needs to be at 125 for a fat burn work out. I then got on the exercise bike and put 30 mins in, after 5 mins i was ready to cry and quit it was sooo hard.. My mother said she couldnt do it either and that motivated me even more, so I stayed on for the full 30 mins and didnt let my heart rate go below 140. over 500 calories burned tonight. I just came home, ate some meatballs and rice, and im going to head to bed. i am breast feeding as well, so i dont mind eating something this late. It's only 9:00 and i will be going to bed around 10. I had a banana today, and a greek salad, and 3 oatmeal cookies. So the calorie count was good. will check in on wednesday again.

cytheria, congrats on the huge weight loss.

FSA- i agree with the sofa surfing, I think that's what my day tomorrow is going to consist of.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #68  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hey all,

So I'm doing pretty well so far this month. I've started to count my calories. It's a little time consuming, I'll admit. But I Figure once I go through one week of gathering all my usual foods, it'll be a lot easier because I'll have the basic information I need.

And I'm finally well enough to start exercising. I went to my aerobics class today at noon, and I have kickboxing in about an hour. I'm looking forward to it. I think punching something will help to get rid of all this extra restless energy I'm feeling because of the stress I'm feeling about my biology midterm tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:32 AM   #69  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Welcome jpennies, mia, and lovemacon! Glad to have you here

cytheria21...CONGRATULATIONS! that is awesome! good work!

jellybeanz...easy there killer! Way to keep that heart rate up and stay in the "kick butt" mind set. Anyone can do the first 15 minutes of a work out but after that it is all you, it takes a very strong will and dedication to work that hard. you should be proud of yourself!

as for me, I didn't get to work out today. Some things came up and I didn't get a chance. What's funny is that even in just this last week, I feel like I have to work out to have a good day. I just felt crappy all day. O well, I'm about to get all comfy and read my book and get some rest. My mother-in-law is watching my son while I go to the gym tomorrow so I can stay as long as I want!

Work hard and make smart choices!
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #70  

if iam not too late please count me in! my goal for the end of march is to get down to 240 or more if possible but 240 is my mini goal. lets do this chicks.
babeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Good day everyone.Its a beautiful day so i decided to get my exercise outside today in the sunshine,i walked for an hour and now i have laundry and housework to do.i always am in a great mood after i workout.hope everyone is having a great day!keep moving everyone!
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #72  

Ah, I love, love, love this site!!! Everyone is so positive and I spend a LOT of time on here reading advice and problems and everything. It's absolutely gret. I actually don't normally read O magazine, but the one time I did, it certainly paid off and I'm so glad! Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #73  

Hi ladies : )

Welcome babedee! Are you too late? NEVER! there is no such vocalbuary here as too late Sounds good to me chick, lets do it! welcome aboard sweety.

cyntheria, I love this site too! As far as I am concerned, it's a gold mine! These ladeis who started the site have touched thousands and thousands of lives, not to mention save lives! It as an enormous support system, I am just awed!

HI Amy, that sounds great : ) definitely take advantage of that nice weather and oh HOw I love to walk! I do the treadmill nw and am so very thankful for it but I can't wait to get outdoors. Even with the indoor exercise, it imporves my mood so much, it's unreal. keep up the great work

ml, hey you! I hear you! god, I feel the same way. WHen I do my workout, I am like a different person and feel so much better. Lastweek, due to my hormonal crazyness, I was like a mexican jumping bean! ugh! anyways, my DH told me yesterday (without my prompting him) how he notices an unbeleivable difference in me when I work out and when I could not ( of course, I was not feeling well). I know what you mean though, it just sets the tone for the day somehow and makes the rest of the plan or goals that much easier! Your doing great madi, great!!!!! keep it up!

I know that we all have different phsyical capabilities and I by no means mean to be insenstive to those who cannot exercise for one reason or another. With docs blessings, for example a 10 minute walk, hey that can be progress. Personally, I never go by what other people are doing , but by what i can do! at that given time, within my physical capabilities, etc. I met a woman once that brought the light to my eyes, of course it was not directed at me personally, but this lady needed to lose weight to live! she did not exercise or could but just wanted to get the weight down.......hey, this lady is a legend! anyways, I guess what I am trying to say in a nutshell is, we each find or do what we can for us! for us as individuals!

OUr needs vary, our goals may vary , but we indeed have one common universal goal keep up the great work ladies. Let's stick together.

Hi catstoungue , lol, I smiled when I read your post about kickboxing ow did the exam go? hope you kicked butt! Punching moves are also in my aerobics tape and I likeeeeeeeee them! cat, I don't count calories per se, (though I do really in my head), I know that a lot of ladies here are using fitday.com. From what I hear, it is very beneficial, you may want to give it a whirl or if you have already, how do you like it?

Jellybeanzzzzzzz, I admire you! jeez! bravo! with a litle one and all and your still managing your workouts, and to that extent? great work! Your doingg great! be sure and rest up those musces a bit when they are feeling sore ok? oh i just love it how your going with your mom : ) my mom is exercising too! She is sooo cool!

Well ladies , I tremendously enjoyed reading your posts and hearing about your days, as always! I am doin g good here , it's been a great week so far. I feel like myself again which is good. My mom is coming over tomorrow and we are going for a cruise and then to chile's for lunch! so I am happy despite the current arctic air here, my mind is on the shoreline, warm sunny days, and the smell of pine in the park! Have a great night all and keep working, one day at a time.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #74  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hey everyone.

Today is going well so far.

Fullsteamahead - My exam went well. Thank goodness. It was WAY easier than I thought it would be and that was good. I had so much energy afterwards I went out for a quick bike ride.

Cytheria - I totally agree. This is an amazing site. And I found it at perfect timing. I saw someone mention the O Magazine article on their blog, and I thought hmmm, maybe I'll check out the sites mentioned in the article. And I'm glad I did.

Hello Babeedee -Sounds like a good goal to me. Good luck.

Alright, I've got soccer in a little bit, so it's time for me to get ready to go. See you all later.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #75  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys!

I am happy to hear of all your successes! It's only been a few days into March and all seem to be moving in a positive direction.

Unfortunately, I have not been as motivated and successful as the rest of you!

We have had a tragedy occur this week and I feel as if I am using it as an excuse to eat. I have not been able to go to the gym and with all the running around and trying to work a few hours here and there, I am ordering food in and not really watching what I’m doing.

I am a Massage Therapist and I find that when I am stressed and then have to nurture someone else, it just drains me completely and I don’t have much resistance and therefore I make poor meal choices. I’m not really looking for sympathy (…well maybe just a little), I guess it just falls under the category that we all have stuff in our lives that we have to deal with and this week mine is particularly hard.

I guess the good news is that I haven’t gained any weight and I have you all who will still be there to support me even if I fail and don’t lose a single pound this month…right?
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote