Height: 5'2"

Default 40 days and 40 nights chat! first full week - 02/26 - 01/04

Hey everyone! here is a new thread to chat in
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #2  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

How exciting that we filled up so many pages last week, and it was a short week too boot! I love you ladies. you are so encouraging to me.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #3  

Yay new thread

Okay, not sure if I should feel guilty about this or not..... But I'm totally skipping class in order to work out. And clean. And write essays. But mostly to work out. I'm just missing some Ben Jonson.... a little bit of Alexander Pope.... and a lot of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu that I've already read. So guilt or no? :/

Definitely going to be another successful day. Congrats to all you guys who are losing weight, that's awesome! No weight lost here due to weekend stupidity but it'll come
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi everybody. My challenge is going well. I've done some reading, and some art projects and some meditation/prayer so far for my "me" time. I've made some really cool art as a result of this challenge. What fun.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I'm not doing too badly so far. The stuff in my kitchen is getting a bit boring so yesterday I ordered in from a chinese restaurant that had several vegetarian options. However, I was given the wrong order. So I had to dig through meat, chicken and some sort of fish to pick out my veggies (which were good). Initially I had set the rice aside, but the eggplant was that really squishy texture and needed something else so I brought out the rice. I couldn't really figure out if I could count rice as a vegetable; I even called a friend to ask and also checked the dictionary. I've been avoiding grains, but it's not like I ate a loaf of bread or chocolate cake. So, I ate the rice (barely half the container) on the condition that I work out afterwards to balance out.

Is anyone else already looking forward to the first day after Lent? I'm trying not to, but I can't help thinking about dressing up and going out to a really nice restaurant for a filet mignon.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  

I guess rice is usually considered grain... But isn't it more of a grass kind of thing? It's like calling a potato a vegetable. Sure, it's a vegetable, but it's a starchy vegetable. Perhaps same goes with rice? I've never even thought of it before!

So the McDonalds monster has almost gotten me twice this evening. For no good reason. I haven't had McDonalds in over a month (thank god). For some reason this evening it has been really calling me, even after I ate dinner. So I went through the reasons why I shouldn't have it... and I didn't convince myself until I realized it would be breaking my challenge resolve again too! For some reason this challenge was the little bit of extra oomph I needed to resist Uncle Mac.

What is this, Day 5 plus a Sunday, right?
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

yes day 5 and a sunday! haha so kinda like day 6, but not really :/ if that makes sense
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #8  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

since we can't take sundays off I'm calling it day six for me
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

so far so good. today is the first day i stayed on track with EVERYTHING. glad to see everyone else is doing good
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

glad to see everyone is doing so well!!!

No sweets for me It really hasn't been that hard. I have a question for you ladies, at the beginning of this challenge, I told myself that the sugar free hot chocolate (60 calories) at work would be allowed. BF bought some hot chocolate for me when it snowed this weekend, not sugar free and 110 calories. Does that count against my challenge? I guess it's up to me to set up my own 'sweets' guidelines, but would you guys count that?

Today I exercised. I've started the revolution!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #11  
Just Do It!

howdy yall just checking in...

I have managed to stay on track, even when my mum shoved a parmesean crusted roast tomato under my nose!! (no cheese) I think I'm doin something right, lost more weight which is always good!

Well done everyone!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone. Time is flying by so freakin fast. I have about a week before I move into my apartment. I can't wait! I have to get another job since I'm not fulltime at the VA yet but I don't care. I know that I will do 100% better at eating better in my own place. I did when I was on my own in California. I have to learn how to ride the bus again though which sucks. My tax refund was way less than I thought it would be so it will be a while before I'll have enough saved up for my car.

So I talked to my best friend Karina in California for the first time in months the other day. We've been best friends since I was 10 but drifted apart when she moved to Cali. The friendship actually got worst after I moved out there, mainly because she was seeing this guy Ryan and was all about him. Anyway, they got married on my birthday and a few months later, he left her pregnant and started a whole lot of drama. She's now almost eight months pregnant and when I called her, she sounded happy to hear from me. She said she wanted to call me but had lost her phone and found out later on that Ryan had stolen it. Her baby (who I love already) is due April 3 and it's a boy! She's going to name him George Lucas. When she told me that, I almost died. But it's her grandfather's name so...*shrugs* I've already decided that I will call him by his middle name or a nickname. I'm so excited! She wants to bring him down as soon as he's old enough. When we were young, we always said we would raise our kids together. When the whole mess with Ryan first started, she wanted to move back to Alabama. I doubt that will ever happen though. She lived here for about 7 years and hated it. She's a Cali girl through and through. So yeah, I have a nephew on the way!

I spent freakin $7.17 on Burger King the other day! All I saw was 'Bacon Cheesy' and that was it. And guess what? It didn't even taste that good! Doofus. But I resisted a soda yesterday so I guess that's good.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Ok, another day will be done in about 15 minutes!!I'm on a roll!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

You rock Wendy!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hee hee! Thanks Shari!! You rock too!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote